HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM - MTL at the draft day

Old
06-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

vCash: 500
EDM - MTL at the draft day

To EDM: 2012 3rd overall pick.
To MTL: 2012 31st/32nd overall pick, EDM 2013 1st.
Edmonton gets chance to land both Yakupov and Galchenyuk, MTL gets a very possible another lottery pick in 2013 and still a very solid prospect in this draft. Maybe Oilers can even throw in Gagner since Galchenyuk makes him obsolete.
What do you say?

Comrade Blunderbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Mukfors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
Edmonton gets chance to land both Yakupov and Galchenyuk, MTL gets a very possible another lottery pick in 2013 and still a very solid prospect in this draft. Maybe Oilers can even throw in Gagner since Galchenyuk makes him obsolete.
What do you say?
Oilers Wouldn´t pick Galy if they where 3 rd overall, they would pick a D

Murray/Dumba

Mukfors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:51 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Absolutely stupid move for the Habs. Why would you trade the 3rd overall pick simply for a chance at another 3rd overall pick the next season? It makes no sense. Yeah, there are some good players available in 2013, but the guys available now are pretty damn good too and the draft position is guaranteed.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:54 PM
LeafsYoungGuns

Here I was thinking Edm would be trading down to 3 so they could draft a d. Not getting the 3rd so they could draft 2 fwds.

LeafsYoungGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:58 PM
PATCHESx67

Horrible from Habs POV

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Prairie Habs

This makes no sense for Montreal at all.

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:07 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Let me begin with saying I have always been sold on Yakupov but I have been hearing some great reviews on Mikhail Grigorenko as of lately.

Montreal's 3rd overall pick + Jared Tinordi ??

if I'm not drafting Yakupov I want Murray then? most would agree so I have a feeling Columbus drafts Murray due to their center depth and best player available.

Jared Tinordi is a 6'7 American, look at Edmonton's defence prospects, a lot have size with Marincin, Gernat, Musil and Klefbom. I would imagine the odd one pans out? which provides more size and toughness to assist the elite talent Edmonton have to showcase now a days.

Mikhail Grigorenko can replace Gagner on the second line and that lets Edmonton roll with a dynamic top 6 where Hall doesn't have to translate to center, let Smyth go to Calgary or who cares and sign Gagner for a few more years to play left wing and battle for 2nd line minutes against Hartikainen.

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Gagner- Grigorenko - Hemsky
Hartikainen - Horcoff- Paajarvi/Petrell
Jones - Belanger - Eager

Hartikainen-Petrell wing combo or switch Gagner and Hartikainen.

am I the only one thinking Gagner can crack 70+ points still or what?

Let Gagner stay on the wing in the future or center the third line when Horcoff leaves, eventually Curtis Hamilton will need a roster spot........or use Gagner as trade bait and sign Smyth up, you be the GM.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

uh no... Yakupov is not by a Tinordi-sized margin better than the guys available at 3rd overall. Tinordi is a beast.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:16 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
uh no... Yakupov is not by a Tinordi-sized margin better than the guys available at 3rd overall. Tinordi is a beast.
I thought Beaulieu was your #1 defence prospect?

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:19 PM
FanHabtic

This one is an easy no from the habs standpoint. There is no reason to gamble like this.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Beaulieu is a beast as well, but i think you have failed in guessing my club loyalty.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Incentive is not nearly good enough for Montreal to take that risk. Easy no from the Habs.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Hugo Sham

great. another delusional Edm proposal that ****s the Canadiens. We'll keep our 3rd + our 2 second rounders and our 3 second rounders next year too...Habs say 'nyet'.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:41 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Incentive is not nearly good enough for Montreal to take that risk. Easy no from the Habs.
The only thing i would say in support of the OP's proposal is that i expect the Oilers to really suck bad next year based upon the makeup of their team... so the potential for that pick is huge. However its not even close to being worth the risk.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:42 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
They are basically 1A and 1B. They are part of the crew coming in after Subban that will be potential fixtures on the blueline for years to come.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:43 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
great. another delusional Edm proposal that ****s the Canadiens. We'll keep our 3rd + our 2 second rounders and our 3 second rounders next year too...Habs say 'nyet'.
now now...that's a bad deal for the Habs and most Oiler fans know they wouldn't do it! and the Oilers would take a d-man at #3 anyways, one of who would be left of Murray, Dumba or Reilly.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:45 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
The only thing i would say in support of the OP's proposal is that i expect the Oilers to really suck bad next year based upon the makeup of their team... so the potential for that pick is huge. However its not even close to being worth the risk.
I figure they'd make moves to improve. I highly doubt they want 4 1st overall picks in a row. Not to mention, adding Yakupov and Galchenyuk who may potentially BOTH play for them next year?(I doubt it with galchenyuk but just saying). They'll be better.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:49 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

EDM fans need to remember that Gauthier got fired... Tinordi, Beaulieu and Ellis are off limits... That's the gritty Habs backend....

I can see the Habs making a move or 2 with the Hawks...

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Chris G

Quote:
What do you say?
That is horrendous for Montreal; "wait lets just push back our rebuild another year." As others have said Gauthier is long gone...

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Kid Dynamite
5 14 6 1

vCash: 835
No thanks from Edmonton. The quality in the draft is **** after Yakupov, so glad we won the lottery so we don't get stuck with a second rate talent. If the Oilers were to do this it would have to be for Grigo because he is the only other player potentially worth a top 10 pick in 2013, but we can't really do that as Grigo makes the least sense for the Oilers to draft between Gally and Murray, we need D and there is the Yak Gally connection.

It's ridiculous that you have Edmonton adding the 2012 second, for Edmonton to do this I would be asking for Tinordi + 3rd Overall + late pick for 2012 second + 2013 first + contract dump, otherwise Oilers get reamed.

Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:49 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBackBulin View Post
No thanks from Edmonton. The quality in the draft is **** after Yakupov, so glad we won the lottery so we don't get stuck with a second rate talent. If the Oilers were to do this it would have to be for Grigo because he is the only other player potentially worth a top 10 pick in 2013, but we can't really do that as Grigo makes the least sense for the Oilers to draft between Gally and Murray, we need D and there is the Yak Gally connection.

It's ridiculous that you have Edmonton adding the 2012 second, for Edmonton to do this I would be asking for Tinordi + 3rd Overall + late pick for 2012 second + 2013 first + contract dump, otherwise Oilers get reamed.
What's riduculous is the silly statment that the quality in the draft is **** after Yakupov.

Nail is the top prospect in this draft,but that doesn't mean there aren't quality prospects after him.

Oiler fans who make statements like this look so foolish.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:51 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
What do you say?
Portzline is just one of several scouts or scouting services,to say the talent level is very close in the top 7-8 picks.Montreal politely declines.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
#CBJ director of amateur scouting Tyler Wright on the top-of-the-draft dilemma: "Right now, there are eight guys in the top five." #yogilike

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:55 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBackBulin View Post

And there you have it folks. I think he speaks on behalf of Oiler fans!

Old
06-02-2012, 06:00 PM
hfboardsuser

----

Last edited by hfboardsuser: 07-14-2012 at 11:51 PM.
hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Hahaha, want to Bennett, Didier and Weber to your list of untouchables?
They are available, just not for the proposed package. All things equal habs have a quality backend with depth shaping up and we'll stick to that.