HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2012, 07:03 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Stats updated in first post. I haven't added Fasth's recent goal since that game result isn't official.

It's just pain.
Old
10-10-2012, 07:05 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Thanks as always for the scouting report, Ola. Tremendously appreciated.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:28 AM
NYR Viper

It looks like Sam Noreau is starting off his season the same way he finished last year. Steady, big hulking d-man. I still am a big fan of that pick.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:47 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I saw Fasth play yesterday. The game ended 1-1 with 14 minutes to go after Fasth's teammate, Oscar Sundh, had a severe head injury. He hit his head against the board and then slammed his head real hard against the ice while being unconcious and got spams kind of like that Tam (sp) kid got after being hit by Patrice Comrier in the OHL (WHL?). Reports are this morning that he is awake and nothing major seem to be wrong (he was out on the ice for like 16 minutes and never regained consciousness while being in the arena so that's good to hear). Strong call by the reff and the coaches for sure to stop the game, many of them had tears in their eyes...

Anyway back to Fasth, he scored the lone goal for HV and it was a real nice one. The highlight can be seen at this link at around the 0:40 mark. Fasth also lead all skaters on his team in ice time.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien...48/highlights/

Overall, I think Fasth kind of has slowed down some the last couple of games. Hopefully he will get going again soon. He needs to be in that mode when he is all over the ice all the time, inorder to really stand out as a "top prospect". The commentators yesterday talked about how Fasth more or less is stepping up as the top prospect in Swedish hockey right now. And when he is on top of his game atleast, I think that's true. But at the same time, he doesn't get anything for free on the ice. His skating is great, but compared to say a Hagelin, Fasth is more of a well rounded skater but maybe not as intense as Hagelin so he wouldn't get a ton for free on a lower line from his skating either (I would compare Fasth's skating to Lisins (while there is none other simularity between the two)). IE great speed going the length of the ice. Great speed when going on the outside. But Hagelin in comparision got those super fast first steps that makes him eat up D's on the regular baiss on the forecheck. There is definitely no reason for concern yet. But Fasth isn't in the position where he can take a step back and still be alright.
This is strong praise from Ola, who generally skews to the negative when evaluating players. Very curious to hear your continued updates on Fast (and Lindberg).

By the way, check out that highlight - talk about a snipe off the rush!

Old
10-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
For any other Canadian Ranger fans, The Score is showing Brady Skjei and Minnesota play this Saturday vs. Michigan State and next Saturday vs. Michigan Tech.

Minnesota is on their schedule 7 times total. Unfortunately, no Michigan or Notre Dame.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
For any other Canadian Ranger fans, The Score is showing Brady Skjei and Minnesota play this Saturday vs. Michigan State and next Saturday vs. Michigan Tech.

Minnesota is on their schedule 7 times total. Unfortunately, no Michigan or Notre Dame.
And for New Yorkers, it's on Fox College Sports Central on Friday. Saturday, it's on FCS Atlantic.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Old
10-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post

Damn basic Rogers cable......

Old
10-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Fasth's goal yesterday that had twitter exploding. Speed and what a shot!

http://www.hv71.se/video/1889164631001/

Old
10-11-2012, 09:31 AM
kovazub94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Fasth's goal yesterday that had twitter exploding. Speed and what a shot!

http://www.hv71.se/video/1889164631001/
oi-yoi-yoi!!!

Thank you!

Old
10-11-2012, 09:38 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
McColgan is having a miserable start to his campaign. 8 games, zero goals, 4 assists and a minus-7. He's going to be lucky to earn an AHL contract at this rate.

Myles Bell, the defenseman who some of us were excited to have at development camp, is having an awesome start. In just 8 games, he has a line of 5/9/14/+6 with 14 PIM. He was considered a top-15 pick a couple years back, but got into some legal trouble with an alleged drunk driving accident that killed his passenger. Went undrafted but has been playing tremendous hockey for the past two years. Hopefully we take a flier on the kid.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 10-11-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old
10-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
McColgan is having a miserable start to his campaign. 8 games, zero goals, 4 assists and a minus-7. He's going to be lucky to earn an AHL contract at this rate.

Myles Bell, the defenseman who some of us were excited to have at development camp, is having an awesome start. In just 8 games, he has a line of 5/9/14/+6 with 14 PIM. He was considered a top-15 pick a couple years back, but got into some legal trouble with an alleged drunk driving accident that killed his passenger. Went undrafted but has been playing tremendous hockey for the past two years. Hopefully we take a flier on the kid.
I really hope we're able to sign Bell. He really has some upside.

I wouldn't read too much into McColgan just yet. That entire team has fallen flat on it's face coming out of the gate after being labeled as a Memorial Cup contender this summer. There's a boatload of talent on that roster, and virtually nobody is off to a good start.

Old
10-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

I wouldn't read too much into McColgan just yet. That entire team has fallen flat on it's face coming out of the gate after being labeled as a Memorial Cup contender this summer. There's a boatload of talent on that roster, and virtually nobody is off to a good start.
McColgan wasn't very good last year. That's the problem. He has simply not improved at all since his rookie season. You can even argue that he's regressed. He dropped in his draft year because he didn't improve and now he's had another season of zero growth.

I would be surprised to see us sign him.

Old
10-11-2012, 10:08 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

I hear you on Saskatoon being crap, but I'm just concerned about a general lack of development from him. I only watched him twice last year, but he looked almost lazy at times, disturbing for a guy who's supposed to be a spark plug. He's had two mediocre years in a row, and is off to a poor start again. Where is the improvement? I feel like he's the same player now that he was when we drafted him. He's like Ryan Hollweg but slightly less out of control.

Old
10-11-2012, 10:13 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
McColgan wasn't very good last year. That's the problem. He has simply not improved at all since his rookie season. You can even argue that he's regressed. He dropped in his draft year because he didn't improve and now he's had another season of zero growth.

I would be surprised to see us sign him.
I disagree. In last years camp he was one of the more impressive youngsters, even getting into a preseason game due to his style of play and the quality of his game. Last year his stats did not show it but he became much more of an all-around player and leader. I would be surprised to see the Rangers not sign him at the end of the year barring anything unforeseen. He has skill and tenacity, although I would like to see his stats up above a ppg

Old
10-11-2012, 10:31 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

Is Bell old enough to sign as a FA?

Old
10-11-2012, 10:36 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Is Bell old enough to sign as a FA?
He should be. He was eligible for both the 2011 and 2012 drafts. I'm not sure of all the rules on that, but it's my understanding that he's a UFA. I could be wrong though.

Old
10-11-2012, 10:40 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Kreider in at #11 on HF's top-50 prospects list.

When was the last time the Rangers had a player ranked that high? Montoya? Staal?

10-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I disagree. In last years camp he was one of the more impressive youngsters, even getting into a preseason game due to his style of play and the quality of his game. Last year his stats did not show it but he became much more of an all-around player and leader. I would be surprised to see the Rangers not sign him at the end of the year barring anything unforeseen. He has skill and tenacity, although I would like to see his stats up above a ppg
Everyone who saw him play during the regular season in the WHL came away very disappointed. The few times I saw him play I was shocked that he wasn't better. He's not improved at all.

Camp means jack all, really. Ryan Bourque had a good camp as well.

Old
10-11-2012, 12:54 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Amazing goal by Lindberg just now. He won a faceoff in own zone and went coast to coast. There ought to be a clip available in some hours.

Old
10-11-2012, 01:55 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Good stuff. Sounds like our two Swedes are coming along.

Old
10-11-2012, 04:46 PM
SurMartin

Goal @ 0:37 http://elitserienplay.se/video.1894972183001
Looked great tonight yet again, he was moved to the center third line but without him the others on the first line accomplished nothing...

Old
10-11-2012, 10:23 PM
collegehockeyguy

article on bjugstad

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...1.html?refer=y

Old
10-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
How awesome would it be if Panthers fail to sign Bjugstad and he decides to go with the Rangers. lol.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:41 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
How awesome would it be if Panthers fail to sign Bjugstad and he decides to go with the Rangers. lol.
Would be great, no doubt - I was a big fan his draft year.

I wonder if that loophole won't be closed under the new CBA - whenever it comes - however.

Old
10-12-2012, 07:00 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Ceresnak plays for a crappy Peterborough team, but he's still a team worst -7 through 8 games and without a point. Some people here have mentioned they like him...but why? He doesn't do any one thing particularly well.

Closed Thread