HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2012, 04:46 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
The guy to watch is however William Nylander Altelius, playing for SSK, son of former Ranger Micjael Nylander. 2nd in scoring in this same league right now (at a mere 16 years of age) with talent just oozing out in every way! Possibly a top tier draft pick in the NHL 2 years from now, he will most likely take the college route in the future. He would have been playing with men already now, but abdicated in order to save his college eligibility!
I've heard he is quite the prospect. It will be interesting to see what he does that's for sure.

10-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Spelling is in 3rd place in scoring in the J20 SuperElit Södra League in Sweden with 6 goals, 8 assists and 15 points in 11 games. Our other European pick from this year - Calle Andersson is in 5th place (1st place for defensemen by far) in the same league. Not bad.
The guy to watch is however William Nylander Altelius, playing for SSK, son of former Ranger Micjael Nylander. 2nd in scoring in this same league right now (at a mere 16 years of age) with talent just oozing out in every way! Possibly a top tier draft pick in the NHL 2 years from now, he will most likely take the college route in the future. He would have been playing with men already now, but abdicated in order to save his college eligibility!
Does he play like his dad or different type of player? His dad was very underrated. Solid NHL player.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Ola

Great stuff BBK!

Pending goal was included in Fasth numbers, without it he is still tied for 2nd in scoring but probably 5+ spots lower in pts.

I've never played U20 Super Elite, but my men's team played alot of these teams during a exchange program when I was 20 y/o. It's nothing wrong for a 17-18 y/o, but a 19-20 y/o prospect shouldn't be there... Teams in the SEL loans players to the All-Swedish League. That's easy or hard to get done pending the amount of dough Rogle in this instance is willing to take on. Why hasn't he been loaned out already??? Rogle is screwing him.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:43 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Does he play like his dad or different type of player? His dad was very underrated. Solid NHL player.
He's all but a mirror image.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:54 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Stick handle in a phone booth, that ole' man Nylander could.

Old
10-18-2012, 02:08 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
winning
lol..

Old
10-18-2012, 03:39 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
He's all but a mirror image.
Haha, its in the genes.

Its too bad that the goal Michael Nylander scored when he was like 14-15 y/o in the St. Eriksson Cup isn't available on YT.

Nylander gets the puck in his own end and goes up against a collected D (he has taken it end to end a couple of times earlier, so as soon as he gets the puck the other team sets up). The goalie is like 9 feets out of his own net. Typically 80's goalie style, not that far out at all. At his own blueline Nylander all of a sudden lobs the puck over everyone, including the goalie who is scrambling to get back, over 2/3s of the ice, into the net. Potentially the greatest goal scored ever in hockey.

Old
10-18-2012, 07:30 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Calle Andersson has played in the past two games with Färjestads' Elitserien club. They don't appear to keep TOI stats in the SEL, but I don't think he's getting much ice time. Last defensive pairing.

It's just pain.
Old
10-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Calle Andersson has played in the past two games with Färjestads' Elitserien club. They don't appear to keep TOI stats in the SEL, but I don't think he's getting much ice time. Last defensive pairing.
The post-game stat pages for these games have gone bonkers and only lists the stats for a few players, Calle was't one of them.

But his TOI/G for the season with Färjestad has been 2:51, he's -1 and has 2 PIM in 8 games.

E: BTW, Fasth was named 2nd star of the day for his two goals against Färjestad.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Ola

Quote:
Yeah, you can dress 20 skaters in the SEL and many SEL roll 4 lines and 3 D-pairings just like in the NHL, and dress a spare forward& D as nr 19/20.

If a game is already won, or someone has to sit in the penalty box or something, these kids can get a minute here and there.

Calle Andersson is a kid to follow. His dad was really good, but at that time that didn't equal NHL success. The games differed mroe and so forth, and many didn't stay that long in NA and so forth. I wasn't blown away by him in rookie camp (he didn't really look that mature physically). But he had something and got a lot of scoring chances and definitely kept up with the play. His stats in the U20 league is of course great.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:14 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Great stuff BBK!

Pending goal was included in Fasth numbers, without it he is still tied for 2nd in scoring but probably 5+ spots lower in pts.

I've never played U20 Super Elite, but my men's team played alot of these teams during a exchange program when I was 20 y/o. It's nothing wrong for a 17-18 y/o, but a 19-20 y/o prospect shouldn't be there... Teams in the SEL loans players to the All-Swedish League. That's easy or hard to get done pending the amount of dough Rogle in this instance is willing to take on. Why hasn't he been loaned out already??? Rogle is screwing him.
Wait... How is it possible that by subtracting a goal he's still tied for 2nd? There are a number of players with him at 6. If he loses 1, he has 5 and slides below them on the goal scoring leader board.

Are you sure that his 6 includes the suspended game? BBKers seemed to think otherwise...

Old
10-18-2012, 01:59 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
It does not include the "extra" goal. None of the stats for that game become official until the game itself is completed. He has 6 goals in 13 official games. It will be 7 in 14 when the previous game concludes.

Old
10-18-2012, 02:05 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
It does not include the "extra" goal. None of the stats for that game become official until the game itself is completed. He has 6 goals in 13 official games. It will be 7 in 14 when the previous game concludes.
Thanks.

So, that means he's actually alone as the 2nd leading goal scorer in the league (unless one of the other 6-goal scorers also scored in that game) - good stuff!

Old
10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Thanks.

So, that means he's actually alone as the 2nd leading goal scorer in the league (unless one of the other 6-goal scorers also scored in that game) - good stuff!
The game that was played on 09/10/12 between Luleå and HV71 is not completed. The stats from that game are therefore still in limbo, but Fast will be credited with the goal in the future when the game is completed. Regardless, Fast is in 2nd place in the SEL in goals with 7 (will have 8 after the incomplete game is played) in 13 complete games. Lindberg now has 6 goals (tied for 3rd place) and 8 assists (tied for 4th in scoring overall in the SEL with 1,00 PPG) after 14 games - including tonights win 6-0 against Rögle. I actually told my brother tonight when we had a chat about some other stuff that he should pick up Thomas Spelling from pitiful Rögle to play in Allsvenskan and make an impact there instead of dogging it in J20. He is looking at it...SSK needs a forward...now this is insider info

Old
10-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Shyguy

Quote:
The game that was played on 09/10/12 between Luleå and HV71 is not completed. The stats from that game are therefore still in limbo, but Fast will be credited with the goal in the future when the game is completed. Regardless, Fast is in 2nd place in the SEL in goals with 7 (will have 8 after the incomplete game is played) in 13 complete games. Lindberg now has 6 goals (tied for 3rd place) and 8 assists (tied for 4th in scoring overall in the SEL with 1,00 PPG) after 14 games - including tonights win 6-0 against Rögle. I actually told my brother tonight when we had a chat about some other stuff that he should pick up Thomas Spelling from pitiful Rögle to play in Allsvenskan and make an impact there instead of dogging it in J20. He is looking at it...SSK needs a forward...now this is insider info

Aside from the assist tonight, he was also at 70% on face-offs.

Old
10-19-2012, 03:51 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

For those of you with FCS-Atlantic, Skjei's Gophers are on again tonight.

Old
10-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 2800
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
For those of you with FCS-Atlantic, Skjei's Gophers are on again tonight.
I made a spreadsheet of some of the upcoming games on TV.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=0&output=html

I don't know what channel the game on November 17th and December 1st is going to be on.

The game on November 17th says BTN, but BTN hasn't released their schedule for that far ahead, so I don't know for sure.

The game on December 1st is going to be on FSN+ in Minnesota, so that means it will probably be on either FCS Atlantic or Central here.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Old
10-20-2012, 12:19 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

St. Croix with a hat trick tonight... All 3 goals on the PP...

http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/61908

Old
10-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Ola

Quote:
I am also telling people because the new team in the north could need a forward too so your brother could have some competition...

Old
10-20-2012, 05:18 AM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I am also telling people because the new team in the north could need a forward too so your brother could have some competition...
True dat. Mildly interested it seems. Something else is probably more interesting...

Old
10-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

My DirecTV package allows me to get Fox Sports North. I'm going to be watching as many Gophers games as I can. I'll be focusing on Skjei.

10-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
St. Croix with a hat trick tonight... All 3 goals on the PP...

http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/61908
Unlike McColgan, St. Croix is planning to get a contract.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
10-20-2012, 11:20 AM
BBKers

Lindberg with an assist today in a 5-3 loss to Linköping.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:25 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Lindberg with an assist today in a 5-3 loss to Linköping.
Lindberg is an animal.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Unlike McColgan, St. Croix is planning to get a contract.

How in the world did McColgan hit his prime at the age of 16? He seems to have stopped improving at that age. His play was tremendous for a 16 year old, but now it's very disappointing for a 19 year old.

Closed Thread