HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2012, 12:27 AM
  #601
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 500
While I'm still thinking about it. 2012-2013 10 to watch college goalies.
http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/01/ten-...s-for-2012-13/

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 09:17 AM
  #602
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,841
vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
While I'm still thinking about it. 2012-2013 10 to watch college goalies.
http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/01/ten-...s-for-2012-13/
Troy Grosenick, who is number two on their list, was in our development camp this year.

I'm against drafting a goalie (until the late rounds) as there are usually a handful of solid guys that go undrafted each season. Keith Kinkaid was in camp with us a couple seasons back, and now he looks like a legit prospect for the Devils. Jonas Hiller. Antti Niemi and Jonas Gustavsson. Plenty of guys out there to be found.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
10-23-2012, 11:02 AM
  #603
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Troy Grosenick, who is number two on their list, was in our development camp this year.

I'm against drafting a goalie (until the late rounds) as there are usually a handful of solid guys that go undrafted each season. Keith Kinkaid was in camp with us a couple seasons back, and now he looks like a legit prospect for the Devils. Jonas Hiller. Antti Niemi and Jonas Gustavsson. Plenty of guys out there to be found.
I agree. Look at some of the goalies that have been drafted in the first and second round the past 6-7 years. How many have really panned out?

RGY is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
  #604
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,546
vCash: 500
A.I.K. played HV71 today (5-4 win for HV71). Fast was held scoreless.

Lindberg does not appear to have played - anyone know why?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 09:25 PM
  #605
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,841
vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
A.I.K. played HV71 today (5-4 win for HV71). Fast was held scoreless.

Lindberg does not appear to have played - anyone know why?
Lindberg plays for Skelleftea.

nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
10-23-2012, 09:28 PM
  #606
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Lindberg plays for Skelleftea.
Skelleftea AIK.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 09:59 PM
  #607
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 500
These goalies that we have in CT aren't doing the trick. I feel we should really take a crack at those college FA's.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
  #608
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
These goalies that we have in CT aren't doing the trick. I feel we should really take a crack at those college FA's.
We should trade for Vancouver's Joe Cannata. Played at Merrimack in Hockey East. He is a pretty solid goalie.

RGY is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 10:29 PM
  #609
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,841
vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Skelleftea AIK.
Correct, which is different than plain old AIK (a team from Stockholm).

nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
10-23-2012, 10:45 PM
  #610
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
We should trade for Vancouver's Joe Cannata. Played at Merrimack in Hockey East. He is a pretty solid goalie.
Him or Lack will be nice. Don't want to give anything of value for them though.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 10:49 PM
  #611
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Him or Lack will be nice. Don't want to give anything of value for them though.
With Schneider taking over in Vancouver most likely, you might be able to get Cannata for a good value. Can't be worse than what we have

RGY is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 11:38 PM
  #612
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Correct, which is different than plain old AIK (a team from Stockholm).
Whoops! My bad - had no idea.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 11:56 PM
  #613
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,108
vCash: 800
I don't know how good these goalies are, but I don't think we're ready to get another goalie.

After a quick search, Cannata is 22 years old. How much longer do you think we will have Lundqvist for? Just hypothetically, lets say five more years. Cannata will be 27 years old.

__________________
Kane One is online now  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:02 AM
  #614
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I don't know how good these goalies are, but I don't think we're ready to get another goalie.

After a quick search, Cannata is 22 years old. How much longer do you think we will have Lundqvist for? Just hypothetically, lets say five more years. Cannata will be 27 years old.
And Schneider is younger than Lundqvist. At the very least Cannata is better off in our system than he is in Vancouver. Stacjer, Talbot, etc haven't exactly lit it up.

RGY is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:05 AM
  #615
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,108
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
And Schneider is younger than Lundqvist. At the very least Cannata is better off in our system than he is in Vancouver. Stacjer, Talbot, etc haven't exactly lit it up.
If the purpose of getting him is to help out the Whale, then fine, I wouldn't mind that at all.

I thought all this goalie talk was about Lundqvist's successor.

Kane One is online now  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:53 AM
  #616
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
If the purpose of getting him is to help out the Whale, then fine, I wouldn't mind that at all.

I thought all this goalie talk was about Lundqvist's successor.
If you or anyone is setting the expectations of this conversation to be about Lundqvist's successor then you will be sorely disappointed. Because like you said, hopefully*, Lundqvist provides us another 5-7 years. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't improve your goaltending depth in your farm system. Look what is in the process of taking place in Vancouver. They have a great young netminder in Schneider, but I'm sure they weren't expecting to need him just yet; maybe not for another few years. Luongo has struggled. At least having Schneider has given them a safety net. We have no safety net developing in the farm system imo. I'm not saying Cannata would be hands down better than Stacjer or Talbot, but at least we equip ourselves with another option. And maybe he stands out. Maybe if down the line Lundqvist gets hurt, Biron isn't around anymore, we could plug Cannata in there. Who knows. I can tell you that I don't think you'd have to pay Vancouver a lot to get him.

RGY is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 02:22 PM
  #617
Skellhell
Registered User
 
Skellhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Pole
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Lindberg with two goals after two periods against frölunda today

Skellhell is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 02:43 PM
  #618
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 8,257
vCash: 500
Apparently Krieder is picky at the grocery store. According to McIlrath and Thomas.

http://rangers.nhl.com/?navid=nav-teamnav-nyr

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 02:59 PM
  #619
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellhell View Post
Lindberg with two goals after two periods against frölunda today
Unbelievable. This can't be standard production for a bottom 6 face off specialist in the SEL, right?

E-Train is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 03:12 PM
  #620
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Call me crazy, but I think Lundqvist can give us another 8-10 years.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 03:24 PM
  #621
romelson
Registered User
 
romelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Örnsköldsvik
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
Unbelievable. This can't be standard production for a bottom 6 face off specialist in the SEL, right?
It's true he's played the last couple of games in the 3rd line, and one of his goals tonight was 5on5, another proof that he keeps producing while not having the top wingers around him. However, Oscar is still playing in the first PP unit and Skelleftea has their first PP unit consisting of five forwards, so odds are he will keep playing lots of PP.

Im quite confident both Lindberg & Fasth will be in the national team for Karjala Cup in november.

romelson is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 03:58 PM
  #622
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,841
vCash: 145
Awards:
Pashnin returned to the ice today after missing over 10 games.

nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
10-24-2012, 04:26 PM
  #623
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
If you or anyone is setting the expectations of this conversation to be about Lundqvist's successor then you will be sorely disappointed. Because like you said, hopefully*, Lundqvist provides us another 5-7 years. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't improve your goaltending depth in your farm system. Look what is in the process of taking place in Vancouver. They have a great young netminder in Schneider, but I'm sure they weren't expecting to need him just yet; maybe not for another few years. Luongo has struggled. At least having Schneider has given them a safety net. We have no safety net developing in the farm system imo. I'm not saying Cannata would be hands down better than Stacjer or Talbot, but at least we equip ourselves with another option. And maybe he stands out. Maybe if down the line Lundqvist gets hurt, Biron isn't around anymore, we could plug Cannata in there. Who knows. I can tell you that I don't think you'd have to pay Vancouver a lot to get him.
Agreed. Missean and the recently sent down Stajcer are really bad, honestly. Talbot is better, but is under injury (I think he isn't anymore, though. Just assuming because Stajcer was sent down). With a realible top college FA like Grosenick, Milner, Iles, Carr, etc, we wouldn't have to worry so much on Whale goal keeping. Out of the rest of the AHL, I've always liked Cedrick Desjardins. Eddy Lack is a great option, too, but I highly highly doubt VAN will give him up and I don't think the Rangers/Whale will get rid of other valuable pieces. Hense, my point again on signing a college goalie!!!

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 04:31 PM
  #624
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Apparently Krieder is picky at the grocery store. According to McIlrath and Thomas.

http://rangers.nhl.com/?navid=nav-teamnav-nyr
McIlrath is actually amusing

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 04:43 PM
  #625
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Skelleftea AIK.
Yeah, AIK is short for public athletic club basically (but also historically often refers to the workers team). Solna AIK goes by AIK to the extent that I wonder if its not the official name (kind of like Knicks/knickerbockers). Skellefteå AIK is AIK in the North of Sweden...

I would label Skelleftea as kind of the Qubeck Nordiques of Swedish hockey. A small city in the North who forever struggled in the 2nd tier league without being able to get promoted to the Elite league. Always had great interest. Often fills their arena for the first practise of the year etc. They are extremely hungry for success after not having won since 78'. There is great atmosphere there now and everyone is really committed to win something.

Ola is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.