HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2012, 12:38 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Really hope Duncan Siemens can put it together this year. I feel like he and EJ have a lot of things in common, they have a ton of natural gifts but they press themselves too hard to be the best player on their team. Unfortunately this leads to them playing under their abilities.

Old
09-02-2012, 02:01 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I actually like Klefbom quite a bit but I think that's a pretty big guess at this point. Klefbom looked great besides Brodin at the World Juniors though but you know how fans are. Oiler fans were ELATED with MPS after they drafted him...are they still elated now? My guess is no, not even close. Same with habs fans. I remember being told that Alex Avtsin was going to be the biggest thing since sliced bread. Seems they've backed off of that stance, just a tad.

I've been on HFboards for 10 years and there are things that are always constant. Canadian teams with huge fan bases come with A LOT of fans, a lot of knowledgeable ones but also A LOT of posers. That and the fact that Avs prospects have always, always, always flown under the radar from the more mainstream 'posers'. Always.
True true. Shattenkirks probably the best example.

Old
09-02-2012, 03:44 AM
TheNorth
Better Call Saul

Return Sgarbossa!

Old
09-02-2012, 03:53 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth View Post
Return Sgarbossa!
Not until Jesse Pinkman stops using drugs.

Old
09-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
I've been on HFboards for 10 years and there are things that are always constant. Canadian teams with huge fan bases come with A LOT of fans, a lot of knowledgeable ones but also A LOT of posers. That and the fact that Avs prospects have always, always, always flown under the radar from the more mainstream 'posers'. Always.
I finally understand this now, aside from the actual HF ratings...

The current poll on the top 30 prospects does not even list an Avs prospect in the options after 25 prospects and nor is an Avs prospect on the "to be added list". That's 63 total prospects, not one Avalanche.

The top 60 forwards, not a single Av is on the list yet and it's almost over.

The top 30 centers, 7 into it and not a single Av center is even on the list of choices yet (with names like RNH, J.Staal and Lecavalier listed).

In the top 60 defenseman poll, EJ at 21 was absurdly too high and just Avs homer votes (funny tidbit: Braden Carlzner wanted Alzner ahead of EJ and he almost didn't make the list at all).

I'm ok with being under the radar, but at some point it'd be nice if we got a little more respect.

Old
09-02-2012, 10:42 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

A quick note for anyone interested in NHL Network's Raising The Cup series, specifically the Avs' 2001 game 7 Cup winning game. They are airing the game tomorrow morning at 7am, NOT on Friday when they have been showing cup games all summer. They haven't advertised the Labor Day episodes, and I haven't seen anyone here make note. So, if you're interested in setting the DVR, it's at 7am tomorrow morning. Good luck all, and enjoy game 7. Especially this part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T06uzKrn_g

Edit: Wow, wrong thread. Oh well, hope someone saw it. Thought I was in Summer Lounge. Gotta get more sleep.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 09-03-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old
09-02-2012, 10:43 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I'm ok with being under the radar, but at some point it'd be nice if we got a little more respect.
the team gets respect when they earn respect. They've averaged a grand total of 80 points over the past four years, which is worse than any other team in the conference besides Columbus and Edmonton, and their only elite performances in those 4 seasons was Stastny scoring 79 points and Anderson's first year. Let's not make out this current group of players to be better than they are now, because what they are now is a painfully mediocre hockey club.

Old
09-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
the team gets respect when they earn respect. They've averaged a grand total of 80 points over the past four years, which is worse than any other team in the conference besides Columbus and Edmonton, and their only elite performances in those 4 seasons was Stastny scoring 79 points and Anderson's first year. Let's not make out this current group of players to be better than they are now, because what they are now is a painfully mediocre hockey club.
Did you just read the last sentence of Lonewolfe's post and respond? Because your response has very little to do with what we're talking about.

Basically, to sum it up, this: If Duncan Siemens had been drafted at #11 overall in the 2011 draft by the toronto maple leafs, do you actually believe that he'd be LEFT OFF of the top 63 prospects list??? Not a chance.

Old
09-03-2012, 11:16 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Quote:
Did you just read the last sentence of Lonewolfe's post and respond? Because your response has very little to do with what we're talking about.

Basically, to sum it up, this: If Duncan Siemens had been drafted at #11 overall in the 2011 draft by the toronto maple leafs, do you actually believe that he'd be LEFT OFF of the top 63 prospects list??? Not a chance.
Burn.

Old
09-03-2012, 11:38 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
the post I quoted lamented Colorado not being recognized with a top-60 forward and a top-30 center. I think the latter is pushing it but both cases are arguable.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
the post I quoted lamented Colorado not being recognized with a top-60 forward and a top-30 center. I think the latter is pushing it but both cases are arguable.
Briere is ranked #45, Jordan Staal #49, Lecavalier #51... Stastny is better than all of them.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Landeskog The Viking
Duchene The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Briere is ranked #45, Jordan Staal #49, Lecavalier #51... Stastny is better than all of them.
your crazy if you think stastny is better then those guy listed stastny is barley a 60 pt one way C worth bozak+2nd

Old
09-04-2012, 09:34 PM
CB Joe

The problem with HF boards is a lot of people go off name recognition. The more people see a name on the board and in the press, the more important that person becomes. Since the larger hockey markets are in Canada and the eastern US, you are going to hear more about their prospects in the press and on these boards.

Old
09-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Foppa Frossa

Mitchell Heard is older than our captain

Old
09-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Emppu

So, is there anything new on Sami Aittokallio?? Where is he going to play next season, Lake Erie???

Old
09-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Foppa Frossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emppu View Post
So, is there anything new on Sami Aittokallio?? Where is he going to play next season, Lake Erie???
There is a chance he'll play for the Denver Cutthroats, but many are concerned it won't be a competitive enough league.

Would goalies for the Fish be allowed to practice with Giggy and Varly?

Old
09-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Really hope Duncan Siemens can put it together this year. I feel like he and EJ have a lot of things in common, they have a ton of natural gifts but they press themselves too hard to be the best player on their team. Unfortunately this leads to them playing under their abilities.
Sacco said about Siemens:

"He’s signed, under contract. He’s has the ability to go back to junior still, but he’s also 6-foot-3 and he skates well. We’ll see how he presents in training camp.”

While the logjam on D indicates that Siemens most likely is going back to WHL, Avs have shown that if they feel someone is ready, he sticks with the team.

Of course, there will probably not be a training camp to start with.

Old
09-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Elever
Hth

Does anyone have a good quality image (which is at least 450 pixels in height) of any current Avs prospects in the white away jersey? Especially a picture of Barrie/Elliott/Gaunce, I realize that for most of the other notable ones like Hishon or Siemens they probably don't exist. With Elliott I did find a decent one in the white but not for any of the others.

Reason I ask is cos I'm trying to follow the vintage baseball card photoshop tutorial to make some cards of Avs players but it hasn't really worked too well on the one I tried, partly because I used the dark jersey rather than the white.

Looks like this:

Supposed to look like this:

Old
09-05-2012, 05:49 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Sacco said about Siemens:

"He’s signed, under contract. He’s has the ability to go back to junior still, but he’s also 6-foot-3 and he skates well. We’ll see how he presents in training camp.”

While the logjam on D indicates that Siemens most likely is going back to WHL, Avs have shown that if they feel someone is ready, he sticks with the team.

Of course, there will probably not be a training camp to start with.
You are correct, they don't hesitate to keep someone around despite age or what position they play. If they did, then O'Reilly probably wouldn't have made the team in 2009.

I hope they don't rush Siemens to the team though, there really isn't no need to. However, if he comes to camp, and uses his size well and plays well enough to earn a spot, then they should totally keep him, and they can even trade off some of the extras on D.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:34 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Does anyone have a good quality image (which is at least 450 pixels in height) of any current Avs prospects in the white away jersey? Especially a picture of Barrie/Elliott/Gaunce, I realize that for most of the other notable ones like Hishon or Siemens they probably don't exist. With Elliott I did find a decent one in the white but not for any of the others.

Reason I ask is cos I'm trying to follow the vintage baseball card photoshop tutorial to make some cards of Avs players but it hasn't really worked too well on the one I tried, partly because I used the dark jersey rather than the white.

Looks like this:

Supposed to look like this:

That was the only good one I could find. It is surprisingly hard to find good pics of these guys in our white jerseys.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Elever
Hth

I looked through the NHL.com Avs photo galleries and found that exact same one plus a few more for him and Barrie however the resolution is much lower. The lower resolution one is usable but not that great when you print the card, the one above is perfect though.

The problem on the NHL.com photo galleries is that you can't save the picture directly, you have to print-screen them and they aren't high-res but they're getting their pictures from somewhere so I'm just wondering if there's a better source to get them from.

I also wanna do a card (the front at least, the back is terrible from vintage hockey cards) like this one since it'll allow me to use those draft day shots of Avs players since Hishon or Siemens don't have any pictures in Avs gear.

This one for Hishon is decent but low resolution:

Edit: I did find the one above in decent resolution but it's with a damn water mark from getty images:

Last edited by Elever: 09-06-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old
09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Ceremony
like a collar

vCash: 20429
The ticket for Avs prospects at the top of this forum is a bit out of date.

Old
09-06-2012, 08:24 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

There are some decent pics of Hishon here that you would have to print screen and then crop out.

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/galler...=/photos&pg=24

I have these pics for Siemens

Old
09-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
The ticket for Avs prospects at the top of this forum is a bit out of date.
I believe they have just started to update other teams tickers so ours should be the last one updated. Of course by the time it's updated, it'll be out of date.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:20 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 190
Happy 19th birthday to Duncan Siemens.

And keep your eyes out for news in regards to the Saskatoon Blades captaincy this season. Sounds like things might be shuffled a bit this year.

You didn't hear that from me....

Closed Thread