HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Party

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2012, 01:20 PM
  #1
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
Draft Party

Any early info. on this year's draft party, if there is one at all? Last year was at that place SNAP, which did a good job hosting.

Anybody hear/read anything?

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:02 PM
  #2
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,160
vCash: 500
I got nothing but I bet they pick a Goalie. Late 1st, take the best G in the draft perhaps? heck why not

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:51 AM
  #3
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I got nothing but I bet they pick a Goalie. Late 1st, take the best G in the draft perhaps? heck why not
wouldn't be a terrible idea, but i'd wait a year or two on that.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:53 PM
  #4
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
I wouldn't pick a goalie, i would wait until Hank is 33-34 to draft a goalie. I would want a goalie to start at 21-22 and not late like Hank did, kind of takes away some of his career imo.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:58 PM
  #5
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
23 is not starting late for a goaltender. Also, there was a lockout when he was 22, during which he won an SEL championship and MVP.

Goaltenders take longer to develop.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:43 PM
  #6
district9
Registered User
 
district9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
the only 1st round quality goaltender this year is malcom subban. don't think i'd pick him.

stefan matteau is on the board and will likely be available when the rangers pick, i could see him being that pick

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 12:30 AM
  #7
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,463
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
the only 1st round quality goaltender this year is malcom subban. don't think i'd pick him.

stefan matteau is on the board and will likely be available when the rangers pick, i could see him being that pick
Would you? If he has a sick wraparound I would

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 12:55 AM
  #8
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Draft party doesn't feel same when you're picking this late in a draft IMO.

Not that I am complaining.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:33 AM
  #9
district9
Registered User
 
district9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Would you? If he has a sick wraparound I would
would i pick him? absolutely. i write for a sports blog and i wrote all about how i think at 28 stefan matteau would be a really good pick. he's a really solid two way player, the only question mark on him is his skating but he's playing in the qmjhl and they work really hard on that stuff there. plus underhill is pretty well known for her ability to fix a bad skater.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:04 PM
  #10
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,360
vCash: 500
Why are you guys not discussing this in the Draft thread?

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:49 PM
  #11
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
I was gonna ask about this since I already took the day off from work. Any new info?

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:53 AM
  #12
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Draft party doesn't feel same when you're picking this late in a draft IMO.

Not that I am complaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
I was gonna ask about this since I already took the day off from work. Any new info?
Not sure how this thread was spun into "who will they draft????"

Anyway, was talking to a buddy and said if they move the pick on Thursday in a deal for Nash or someone, I was going to pass.

No new info. but if I see anything I'll post it here.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:20 AM
  #13
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
would i pick him? absolutely. i write for a sports blog and i wrote all about how i think at 28 stefan matteau would be a really good pick. he's a really solid two way player, the only question mark on him is his skating but he's playing in the qmjhl and they work really hard on that stuff there. plus underhill is pretty well known for her ability to fix a bad skater.
Barbara Underhill works for the Leafs now

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:49 AM
  #14
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,392
vCash: 500
Don't know if the mods want to make this all draft, not just party info.

Is there a draft viewing party, how early starting, and where?
Anybody?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:22 AM
  #15
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Don't know if the mods want to make this all draft, not just party info.

Is there a draft viewing party, how early starting, and where?
Anybody?
That was the original point of this thread.

No info. yet.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:45 PM
  #16
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
That was the original point of this thread.

No info. yet.
Thanks.
Would also be interested on day 2. Might have Ringo in concert Fri nite, maybe late day/"nite" 1.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:04 PM
  #17
GamerZX101
Registered User
 
GamerZX101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I got nothing but I bet they pick a Goalie. Late 1st, take the best G in the draft perhaps? heck why not
You know what, I love that idea. Maybe the 2nd round, it depends on who they like.

GamerZX101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:05 PM
  #18
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Thanks.
Would also be interested on day 2. Might have Ringo in concert Fri nite, maybe late day/"nite" 1.
Not sure but I don't think they do a party for the 2nd day.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.