HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers Interested in Radulov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-04-2012, 12:33 AM
  #126
JawandaPuck
Moderator
Lost Art of Dynasty
 
JawandaPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
As an outsider, the Rangers' 1st (28th) for Radulov seems fair.

Radulov added to the Rangers' core would make them the scariest team in the East.
I also think that'll be basis of a potential deal between the two clubs with regard to Radulov. NYR would be paying up to get him now instead of as a UFA in 2014.

__________________
Follow JawandaPuck on Twitter and Blogspot - all revenue from Google Ads is donated to the Canucks for Kids Fund (CFKF) in support of the Canucks Autism Network (CAN).
JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:37 AM
  #127
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,440
vCash: 500
I don't like the sounds of this. It would be interesting on what pieces the respective teams exchange, as they both were touted to go to the finals.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:47 AM
  #128
LotteryForLife*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
radulov is a RFA. if we get dubinsky, we dont save money really nor upgrade on offense. don't see that one happening with the crap pick(s).. whats dubinsky's cap hit?
4.2 million. He's a rip off. Like our goalie but atleast he plays (albeit poorly) You guys would be better off giving a minor league forward a shot and save your money. He's a stiff

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:48 AM
  #129
LotteryForLife*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Radulov hasn't proven to be worth more than Dubinsky. No thanks.
Yeah. Ok

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:52 AM
  #130
LotteryForLife*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Yeah our best forward in the playoffs (Richards) 15 points in 20 games and then our 41 goalscorer Gaborik who played with a torn rotator cuff are overpaid, lazy players...

I can bet you my life that your GM would love Gaborik and Richards on his team, in fact any team with the caproom would love them on their team.

Can't say the same about DiPietro though...
DiPietro doesn't even come into this conversation because he's not even a real hockey player. He's a total joke. But in my opinion the Rangers paid a very high price to get both players on the open market and we do have one guy who makes less money than both and is a significantly better player. And he's 10 years younger

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:04 AM
  #131
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackeybuff View Post
You are right , the guy is a total clown. Forget him. Rangers are great.

So Preds fans, what do you want for Radulov. Canucks want him.
Kessler. I'm not Poile. But if I were, I'd package Rads and a role player, maybe Lindback or Sergei Kostitsyn, for Kessler.

With the right attitude, Radulov for Kessler straight up is fair. But Radulov's attitude may never be right, so you sweeten the deal by throwing in something extra.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:07 AM
  #132
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
If not mentioned. CSKA Moscow will pay SY Ufa for Radulov´s rights cca 260 000 000 rubles (cca 7 600 000 USD). Deal is almost done.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:10 AM
  #133
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
No, its better than any second rounder.
Not much better then Columbus' 2nd rounder which is only 3 spots lower(2 if the Devils forfeit their pick which is pretty much a given). I think it's fairly stupid to say Radulov isn't worth a first rounder because I do think Radulov's value in terms of draft picks is somewhere in the first round(assuming he agrees to play in that city) and where the Rangers pick is far past that point of is it worth it.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:13 AM
  #134
Human Thumb*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
For people who believe the partying and all of that other stuff will be a problem, think about it...

Who was with him when this happened? Andrei Kostitsyn. Who got into trouble along with his brother in Montreal? Andrei Kostitsyn. When Sergei went to Nashville, and was separated from Andrei, what happened? Sergei has played the best hockey of his career. Andrei and Sergei are brothers, yet, Sergei wasn't out with Andrei and Radulov in a situation like that???

Seems to me like signs point to Andrei being the problem, and not Radulov. There is no one on the Rangers that's like that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Human Thumb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 03:55 AM
  #135
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,557
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I think a second would not be enough
I think that NYR would need to offer something like RFA rights to Zuccarello, 1st round pick (this year oR possibly next) and a mid level prospect (something like one of Fast, MSC, Fogarty, Lindberg or Yogan)
I am not sure I would make this deal, but think that is at least what it Is going to take...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:11 AM
  #136
CF Punk
Le Magnifique
 
CF Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peterborough, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
I love the rational on HFboards... if you have a late 1st rounder it's useless, it's basically a 2nd rounder. And if you have an early 2nd rounder then it has alot of value, why? ''Because it's like a late 1st rounder'' .
So true!

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 07:06 AM
  #137
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
If not mentioned. CSKA Moscow will pay SY Ufa for Radulov´s rights cca 260 000 000 rubles (cca 7 600 000 USD). Deal is almost done.
Nashville will never see Radulov again. He will return to the NHL when he is eligible for group III. They will get nothing for him. I read his salary with CSKA will increase from the $5M he made last season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 07:08 AM
  #138
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Kessler. I'm not Poile. But if I were, I'd package Rads and a role player, maybe Lindback or Sergei Kostitsyn, for Kessler.

With the right attitude, Radulov for Kessler straight up is fair. But Radulov's attitude may never be right, so you sweeten the deal by throwing in something extra.
I do not want any of the Canucks dive team on the Predators. Ill take a pick and a top prospect who has not been through Canucks embellishment class yet but not Kessler.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 08:43 AM
  #139
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Whatever the cost might be, I hope to god the Rangers land him.

Nothing like a egomaniac disrupting the team chemistry who's coached by a even bigger egomaniac.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 08:45 AM
  #140
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
I also think that'll be basis of a potential deal between the two clubs with regard to Radulov. NYR would be paying up to get him now instead of as a UFA in 2014.
I think that seems pretty fair as well, maybe a prospect with it, but not much more. Maybe a guy like Thomas. He's undervalued by many because of his question marks with his size, but he's a damn good goal scorer with a phenomenal shot.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:05 AM
  #141
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Whatever the cost might be, I hope to god the Rangers land him.

Nothing like a egomaniac disrupting the team chemistry who's coached by a even bigger egomaniac.
I understand why people are a little gun shy on Radulov but the guy is young still and can flat out score goals. Rangers need to score goals.

It's not like the other players will all of a sudden stop hitting and blocking shots and you guys do realize maybe Radulov buyys into the system and becomes responsible on D right?

whoever gets Semin will pay a ton and he's likely the same type of player. Sometimes a guy just needs the right coach to set them straight.

I say go for Radulov and teach him the Ranger system

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:08 AM
  #142
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I understand why people are a little gun shy on Radulov but the guy is young still and can flat out score goals. Rangers need to score goals.

It's not like the other players will all of a sudden stop hitting and blocking shots and you guys do realize maybe Radulov buyys into the system and becomes responsible on D right?

whoever gets Semin will pay a ton and he's likely the same type of player. Sometimes a guy just needs the right coach to set them straight.

I say go for Radulov and teach him the Ranger system
I'm a Radulov fan, and I hope\think the Predators will keep him...but a few notes you need to be aware of:

1) He's not really a goal scorer, at least not anymore. Definitely a playmaker. That came to be while he was in Russia, and was evident when he came back to Nashville.

2) There is no "teaching Radulov your system." Trotz and Poile felt that he was a more mature player when he came back, but it was still apparent that Radulov plays the game Radulov wants to play. It's not like Trotz is a pushover coach or doesn't have a reputation of getting guys to "buy in," but Radulov has never, at any level, altered his game. Good or bad, he's going to do what he wants to do.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:09 AM
  #143
Hackeybuff*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Kessler. I'm not Poile. But if I were, I'd package Rads and a role player, maybe Lindback or Sergei Kostitsyn, for Kessler.

With the right attitude, Radulov for Kessler straight up is fair. But Radulov's attitude may never be right, so you sweeten the deal by throwing in something extra.
Canucks take that deall all day long. Straight up. Ive always liked the preds so no need to haggle over extras.

To Van

Radulov

To Nashville

Kessler



p.s.
Ryan Kesler is untradeable as the twins are, but im sure we can dig up some tool named Kessler in the minors and get him to you.

Hackeybuff* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:10 AM
  #144
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I understand why people are a little gun shy on Radulov but the guy is young still and can flat out score goals. Rangers need to score goals.

It's not like the other players will all of a sudden stop hitting and blocking shots and you guys do realize maybe Radulov buyys into the system and becomes responsible on D right?

whoever gets Semin will pay a ton and he's likely the same type of player. Sometimes a guy just needs the right coach to set them straight.

I say go for Radulov and teach him the Ranger system
Chemistry on a team is very important and by the looks of things, Radulov doesn't seem to be liked by his own teamates. I'm not taking away the fact that he's a very talented hockey player but you can't win on talent alone.

The Rangers tried signing all those big name UFA's a decade ago and it got them absolutely nowhere.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:17 AM
  #145
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,002
vCash: 500
For the record, based on comments from Trotz, Weber and Rinne, there's been nothing from Radulov to indicate that he doesn't want to stay in Nashville, or isn't willing. There's been nothing to indicate that from anywhere outside of NY media and now NYR fans on a messageboard. Let's be careful not to use that as fact when making trade proposals. Talking with a couple of the Russian media guys (Chesnokov, Malamud, etc), this contract with CSKA, however large, appears to be Radulov's "backup plan" in case he's either lowballed in the NHL or there's a work stoppage. It's not a "I don't want to play in Nashville, so either they trade me or I go home" thing. Again, there's nothing but speculation by fans and media that hope to devalue him to back that up.

I think the more likely scenario is that Trotz and Poile were not enamored with what they saw when Radulov returned, and would rather swap one asset for another. That shoots the idea that a 2nd round pick and a mid-range prospect makes it worth it just to "get something for him." Or maybe it's not even that they were that bothered, but they hope the Rangers make an offer that makes the risk of headaches go away entirely.

I just don't see them giving Radulov away after waiting so long for him to come back and refusing to trade him at so many other points.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:21 AM
  #146
Hackeybuff*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Chemistry on a team is very important and by the looks of things, Radulov doesn't seem to be liked by his own teamates. I'm not taking away the fact that he's a very talented hockey player but you can't win on talent alone.

The Rangers tried signing all those big name UFA's a decade ago and it got them absolutely nowhere.
good post

I think if the leadership core is there, then your team can absorb, even turn players around in the locker room.

Detroit would be an ideal situation for Radulov. Datsyuk could very easily turn him around . The Red Wings dont put up with any BS on their squad . They could turn Radulov into a superstar.

I still think the Canucks have the same kind of leadership that can turn Radulov around. Its a very old locker room. As in the players have been together 10 years in the case of Kesler and the twins Bieksa and Burrows.

And all it really comes down to is Radulov growing up a little bit. If he does that, drops the partying and selfish attitude, hes going to be fine. Hes not Zherdev .

Hackeybuff* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:29 AM
  #147
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
If Radulov is willing to sign a 5 x 6 deal, he is well worth a 1st round pick and a prospect or two. Head in the sand fans can say he isn't a goalscorer, but the guy would pot 30 in a season and push point per game status. He has one of the quickest releases around and is a very good player. you have to remember, once he signs, he is no longer a flight risk as the NHL and KHL agreed to recognize contracts right after Radulov left a few years ago.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:33 AM
  #148
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
If Radulov is willing to sign a 5 x 6 deal, he is well worth a 1st round pick and a prospect or two. Head in the sand fans can say he isn't a goalscorer, but the guy would pot 30 in a season and push point per game status. He has one of the quickest releases around and is a very good player. you have to remember, once he signs, he is no longer a flight risk as the NHL and KHL agreed to recognize contracts right after Radulov left a few years ago.
Talent isn't a issue with Radulov and it's been repeated to death in this thread... character is. You can have a team full of all-stars, like the Rangers had back in the days, and still fail to produce as a team.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:34 AM
  #149
Hackeybuff*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
For the record, based on comments from Trotz, Weber and Rinne, there's been nothing from Radulov to indicate that he doesn't want to stay in Nashville, or isn't willing. There's been nothing to indicate that from anywhere outside of NY media and now NYR fans on a messageboard. Let's be careful not to use that as fact when making trade proposals. Talking with a couple of the Russian media guys (Chesnokov, Malamud, etc), this contract with CSKA, however large, appears to be Radulov's "backup plan" in case he's either lowballed in the NHL or there's a work stoppage. It's not a "I don't want to play in Nashville, so either they trade me or I go home" thing. Again, there's nothing but speculation by fans and media that hope to devalue him to back that up.

I think the more likely scenario is that Trotz and Poile were not enamored with what they saw when Radulov returned, and would rather swap one asset for another. That shoots the idea that a 2nd round pick and a mid-range prospect makes it worth it just to "get something for him." Or maybe it's not even that they were that bothered, but they hope the Rangers make an offer that makes the risk of headaches go away entirely.

I just don't see them giving Radulov away after waiting so long for him to come back and refusing to trade him at so many other points.
I cant speak for the Preds but I can tell you what I objectively see. The preds drafted and started to develop him. Radulov felt he was entitled to more than the role the Preds gave him under their system.

He bolted back to Russia instead and has lived it up over there. But its not the NHL and eventually you get tired of playing in a watered down league. You want the best.

So he comes back here -playing for a prorated 800k a year and does so at the most unopportune time. Right when the Preds are making a holy rolling bid for the cup with all the rentals they can muster. The pressure on the whole team was enormous.

So what does he do? He does the best he can . He makes an off ice mistake. The coach was under a lot of strain to PIN that strain on something. Someone. So he takes his two famous Russians and makes examples of them .

Scratching two important roster players in the playoffs is a huge gamble and its to shake up the chemistry and momentum as much as the thinly veiled desire at 'punishment' for staying out late. Multi million dollar revenue is more important than spanking your players bottoms.

But then Trots makes a fatal error and keeps them out for game 4 simply because they won game 3. What was he going to do? Suspend them forever until the Preds lost?

Instead of going with the lineup that got the preds to where they were , icing their best players, he goes with the one game he won and says thats more important. His game 3 win outweighs his entire season.

Now, when you do this to the guy you have been trying to SUCKHOLE back to your franchise, you have to expect that player to not only be pissed off but shaking their head in disbelief.

You can claim all you want there is no 'official word' from Radulov, but everyone and their dog knows what they would do in his situation and it aint going back for more .

So the preds need to trade him. Lets face it. Radulov is now an RFA so other teams can offer sheet him . The preds cant hold onto him. They can keep him in russia by matching the offer sheets.

Hackeybuff* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:35 AM
  #150
cwgatti
Registered User
 
cwgatti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Radulov is an excellent idea. I also remember a certain a**hole who many thought was a locker room cancer, lazy, un-coachable, offensive dynamo…

...54 goals, 123 points, and a prima donna attitude were fine by me in 2006.

Do it Glen.

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.