HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers Interested in Radulov

Old
06-04-2012, 09:37 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Talking with a couple of the Russian media guys (Chesnokov, Malamud, etc), this contract with CSKA, however large, appears to be Radulov's "backup plan" in case he's either lowballed in the NHL or there's a work stoppage.
nonsense. CSKA has to pay over 6 milions USD for his KHL rights. And gets nothing? Are you serious??

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:40 AM
cwgatti

...and if anyone can "encourage" Radulov to conform to the culture of the NEW NYR it is Torts. Ask Vinny Lecavilier. Not to mention the culture and influence of the group.

And one thing no one has mentioned is that the kid is human. Maybe he learned from his mistake. Maybe that, and the chance to play in NYC with a Russian community (I still remember the Khab-I-Bul-Lin chants during the 1996 World Cup at MSG).

I think there is a LOT to like here. A conditional pick yo Nashville for negotiating rights. Should be done already.

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Poile doesn't need to do the Rangers any fsvors. A 2nd round pick is nothing and I'm sure there are better offers on the table.
For a guy who is as big of a flight risk as Radulov?

06-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Its shocks me that NYR, isn't capped out?
This Rangers overspending tidbit is getting so old. That type of team is 10 years in the past you folks need to let it go.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
nonsense. CSKA has to pay over 6 milions USD for his KHL rights. And gets nothing? Are you serious??
One would have to think that transaction is pending his decision to come back to the KHL.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:50 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
If that were the case, there wouldn't be any trade discussion, because Radulov would be going back to Russia one way or another. I'm sure the "deal" is contingent on Radulov committing to come back.

And sorry, i tend to trust their opinion on the matter more than yours. CSKA can do all they want to try to get him, but if he wants to stay in the NHL, there's not much they can do to force the situation.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Medium Rare*

I would love to see Rudulov go to the Rangers, its ideal for every fan that can't stand the team

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:41 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwgatti View Post
...and if anyone can "encourage" Radulov to conform to the culture of the NEW NYR it is Torts. Ask Vinny Lecavilier. Not to mention the culture and influence of the group.

And one thing no one has mentioned is that the kid is human. Maybe he learned from his mistake. Maybe that, and the chance to play in NYC with a Russian community (I still remember the Khab-I-Bul-Lin chants during the 1996 World Cup at MSG).

I think there is a LOT to like here. A conditional pick yo Nashville for negotiating rights. Should be done already.
i really hope you're being sarcastic

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:43 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose joints View Post
Yes, because it's not like it was confirmed that the Kostitsyn's got in trouble in Montreal with some "less than clean" people.

Or that once Sergei went to Nashville he played the best hockey of his career...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=89832

Or that for some VERY ODD reason, Sergei wasn't out with his brother.

If you don't see the trend, it's not my problem, but I'm doing nothing but pointing out facts, so you can take your bias elsewhere.

Good to know that you needed wikipedia's help for that, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwgatti View Post
Radulov is an excellent idea. I also remember a certain a**hole who many thought was a locker room cancer, lazy, un-coachable, offensive dynamo…

...54 goals, 123 points, and a prima donna attitude were fine by me in 2006.

Do it Glen.
Yeah, Jagr worked out very well for us. Helped facilitate a partial rebuild very well.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:51 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
DiPietro doesn't even come into this conversation because he's not even a real hockey player. He's a total joke. But in my opinion the Rangers paid a very high price to get both players on the open market and we do have one guy who makes less money than both and is a significantly better player. And he's 10 years younger
What are you saying? Are you saying that a former #! pick who is a young franschise player is playing real good? You don't say...

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:57 AM
RyanCallahan24*

How about:

To Nashville: 2012 1st rounder and a conditional pick (2013 1st rounder)

for

To Rangers: Radulov's rights.

Nashville gets 2012 1st for him and if he signs for the Rangers puts up +70 points and do not run over to the KHL starting the next season they get another 1st round pick (2013) for him. Deal?

You possibly get 2 1st rounder for an RFA player. It's gotta be conditional due to the flight risk etc.

Terms are: 70 points in his 1st season and no running to the KHL the following season.

I doubt that he would go back to NHL if he was offered let's say $5 million.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:00 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Rangers 28th pick is as good as an early second rounder
it's also better than any early 2nd rounder.

It's practically as good as any late 1st rounder can get.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:01 PM
cwgatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
How about:

for

Nashville gets 2012 1st for him and if he signs for the Rangers puts up +70 points and do not run over to the KHL starting the next season they get another 1st round pick (2013) for him. Deal?

You possibly get 2 1st rounder for an RFA player. It's gotta be conditional due to the flight risk etc.

Terms are: 70 points in his 1st season and no running to the KHL the following season.

I would say a 7th-8th rd pick for rights to negotiate, and a 2nd or this year's 1st (28th overall) if he signs with the NYR. Radulov is DONE in Nashville anyway. They will take whatever they can get.

Will another team offer more? Perhaps. But that fact that Sather is reaching out to Nashville already seems to indicate he can sell Radulov on NYC

Old
06-04-2012, 12:01 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
How about:

for

H E double hockey sticks NO.

no 1st rounder, damnsure no two first rounders

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:03 PM
cwgatti

A Radulov acquisition would go a long way to replacing the void in the NYR offense that could have been filled by Chreponov...RIP.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:43 PM
ThisYearsModel

I am happy that the Rangers are looking into Radulov. However, I also hope that Suter and Webber stay in Nashville. The club is close to getting to the finals. It would be cool to see them get there. They have a very loyal base of fans.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Kessler. I'm not Poile. But if I were, I'd package Rads and a role player, maybe Lindback or Sergei Kostitsyn, for Kessler.

With the right attitude, Radulov for Kessler straight up is fair. But Radulov's attitude may never be right, so you sweeten the deal by throwing in something extra.
So far off, lol.

Well, actually you could probably get Kessler for a 7th round pick. But if you want Ryan KESLER, you will not be sniffing him with Radulov and a role player...

Edit: damn, Baff beat me to it, lol

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Hamhuis didn't have a huge flight risk, Filatov did. Vokoun was rumored to be considering a change to the KHL. Each year the market changes which impacts his value, as does a lot more than his potential.

Nashville will likely want players that are NHL or near NHL ready rather than picks, to refill their ranks. Likely to be both forward and potentially defense with the departure of Suter and maybe Weber in the near future.

I could see Thomas and Valentenko getting it done.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:06 PM
BroadwayHustle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Hamhuis didn't have a huge flight risk, Filatov did. Vokoun was rumored to be considering a change to the KHL. Each year the market changes which impacts his value, as does a lot more than his potential.

Nashville will likely want players that are NHL or near NHL ready rather than picks, to refill their ranks. Likely to be both forward and potentially defense with the departure of Suter and maybe Weber in the near future.

Pretty sure Valentenko already signed a deal in the KHL

BroadwayHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post

I don't. I like Thomas a lot but I don't think he is getting it done along with a guy who has never played in the NHL and could very well be a flight risk himself if he doesn't finally get a shot at the NHL.

At the same time expecting too much for a guy who completely abandoned his team a few years ago and could potentially bolt back to Russia this off season is equally as absurd.

I think the most likely scenario is a conditional trade where its something minimal for his rights like a 5th or 6th round pick and then if we sign him a 1st + Player/Prospect.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayHustle View Post
Pretty sure Valentenko already signed a deal in the KHL
Edit: I failed miserably.

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 06-04-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old
06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Valentenko signed a deal with Omsk right after the Whale were eliminated.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Pretty sure he didn't. Pretty sure he played this year with the CT Whale.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=93583

Google is a wonderful tool.
Actually he did.

Quote:
Laurie Carr
‏@byndblueshirts

Per team website, Pavel Valentenko has signed a 2 year deal with Avangard Omsk of the KHL ‪#CTWhale‬ ‪#NYR‬ (s/t @AliGoWeed)
https://twitter.com/#!/byndblueshirt...49824634273793

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Well. I stand corrected. I was gone from may 5th-28th so makes sense as to why I had no memory of that.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
cwgatti

Back on point.

The NYR will be in the running for Parise and Nash. But the NYR need more than just one guy. Especially with Gabby out until November. Radulov is a great option. I am not so sure about Gaustad, but if the NYR can sign Radulov and another (Penner, Hudler, even Doan), I think that would be enough.