HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tim Thomas may take the year off? Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-03-2012, 12:54 PM
  #1
HooperDrivesTheBoat
Moderator
2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
 
HooperDrivesTheBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: LINY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 500
Tim Thomas may take the year off? Part 3

Continue from here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...200293&page=41

HooperDrivesTheBoat is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:56 PM
  #2
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,231
vCash: 500
this is what he posted this on his facebook today 17 mins ago...continue

Quote:
From the earliest age I can remember, I've wanted to be a hockey player. I've been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The singleminded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year.

On top of this, I will continue to train using the ARP/POV system www.ultrafitevosport.com and work with G-Form www.g-form.com in the development of protective equipment.

What does this portend for the future?

We'll see….God's will be done.

TT

Sokil is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:56 PM
  #3
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,134
vCash: 500
Best of luck to Tim but who is Chia gonna convince to take that $5m caphit?

Shaun is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:57 PM
  #4
BruinsFTW
Registered User
 
BruinsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
Why not just retire then? Why have this whole circus going on...It's ridiculous....And this circus won't be over for a long time IMO.

July 1st will be interesting thats for sure...And so will training camp if hes traded.

BruinsFTW is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:57 PM
  #5
reidy
@reidjjackson
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlestown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,453
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to reidy
I'm just happy he let us know he's going to continue to train using the ARP/POV system.

reidy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:58 PM
  #6
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star
 
ToddRundgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
I'm just happy he let us know he's going to continue to train using the ARP/POV system.

ToddRundgren is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:59 PM
  #7
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
I'm just happy he let us know he's going to continue to train using the ARP/POV system.
im sure the "viewership" of that page has increased significantly in the past few days.... someone took marketing 101

Kovi is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:00 PM
  #8
SerenityRick
Registered User
 
SerenityRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
Why not just retire then? Why have this whole circus going on...It's ridiculous....And this circus won't be over for a long time IMO.

July 1st will be interesting thats for sure...And so will training camp if hes traded.
He's probably not ready to commit to retiring. Maybe he has every intention to come back after this season?

SerenityRick is online now  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:00 PM
  #9
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
You lose all respect for him because he chooses to be with family instead of playing hockey? You have interesting priorities, friend.

It's fine not to like him or even lose *some* respect but let us not forget what he meant to this team in 2011 especially.. or his entire ride to the NHL. You know, when people would see those youtube videos and they'd comment "wow, his life should be a movie"

But no, he's losing *all* respect from people over this?
Seems silly to me.
I have not forgotten what he's done for the team (best goalie in Bruins history) and respect that, but as for his character... not so much. If this is just some sabbatical he's taking, it's a pretty ****** move to do it at this point. I cannot support or respect that. It is what it is.

Trap Jesus is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:02 PM
  #10
SerenityRick
Registered User
 
SerenityRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I have not forgotten what he's done for the team (best goalie in Bruins history) and respect that, but as for his character... not so much. If this is just some sabbatical he's taking, it's a pretty ****** move to do it at this point. I cannot support or respect that. It is what it is.
To each his own. I cannot and will not flame a guy for choosing family over sport/work.

SerenityRick is online now  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:02 PM
  #11
Gee Wally
Grumpy
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 36,662
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
Why not just retire then? Why have this whole circus going on...It's ridiculous....And this circus won't be over for a long time IMO.

July 1st will be interesting thats for sure...And so will training camp if hes traded.
From a Bruins perspective you really, really don't want him to retire.

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:02 PM
  #12
mashmont
Registered User
 
mashmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
I'm just happy he let us know he's going to continue to train using the ARP/POV system.
Don't you find it kind of odd that he advertised for them, but did not say a word about the Bruins or missing his team mates or anything?

And No i'm not saying that he wont miss his teammates or he doesnt like the Bruins. Im just pointing that out.

mashmont is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:02 PM
  #13
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally posted by Gee Wally

oh, c'mon Kate you arent a rookie anymore. You know how this place rolls.
I know. It just sucks. I love this place and hate it at the same time.

Quote:

Originally posted by Lockheed301

Yep TT is clearly lying that he wants to spend time with the family an reconnect with whatever religion he belongs to. He has so much to gain by doing so.
I'm not saying he's lying. I'm saying that there likely is more to the story than what he put in that Facebook post. There's always more to the story.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:03 PM
  #14
Gee Wally
Grumpy
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 36,662
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Best of luck to Tim but who is Chia gonna convince to take that $5m caphit?
A team that's at the floor and in financial trouble.......or for sale.

Gee Wally is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:03 PM
  #15
SerenityRick
Registered User
 
SerenityRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
From a Bruins perspective you really, really don't want him to retire.
Yep. As mentioned before, the Bruins could still trade his contract to a team looking to get to the cap floor without said team having to actually pay anything.

SerenityRick is online now  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:04 PM
  #16
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.6%
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 19,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I have not forgotten what he's done for the team (best goalie in Bruins history) and respect that, but as for his character... not so much. If this is just some sabbatical he's taking, it's a pretty ****** move to do it at this point. I cannot support or respect that. It is what it is.

I personally respect anyone who stands for their beliefs, regardless if its the popular opinion or not in any situation. I also respect people that realize family is above anything we have in this limited time alive.


Last edited by Bridges31: 06-03-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Took out first line.
BrainOfJ is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:05 PM
  #17
cat400
Registered User
 
cat400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,929
vCash: 500
The NFL Cleveland Browns' running back Jim Brown, arguably the best back of his era, walked away from football at the height of his career with a year left on his contract.

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...rts/07.13.html

Sound like Timmy has decided to do the same.

Whether he announced his retirement or took the confusing stance he has, the fact remains that the Bruins under the current CBA are on the hook for his last Cap year. Chia and company knew the risks (not fulfilling the contract) / rewards ( winning the Cup) when they gave a 4 year contract to a 35 year old.

As it stands now, it looks like Tim has bigger fish to fry then playing next year and I wish him all the best in his pursuit of happiness.

cat400 is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:06 PM
  #18
reidy
@reidjjackson
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlestown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,453
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeguinn View Post
Don't you find it kind of odd that he advertised for them, but did not say a word about the Bruins or missing his team mates or anything?

And No i'm not saying that he wont miss his teammates or he doesnt like the Bruins. Im just pointing that out.
He's an odd duck, that's for sure.

reidy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:07 PM
  #19
Gee Wally
Grumpy
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 36,662
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Yep. As mentioned before, the Bruins could still trade his contract to a team looking to get to the cap floor without said team having to actually pay anything.
Exactly.
And if that does happen Tim will have stood by his word. Whatever the hell that is.
He will have essentially fallen on the sword. Forfeited 3 million.
He will have believe it or not taken one for the team and gifted them the 5 million hit.

That dirty *******!


Gee Wally is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:07 PM
  #20
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
A team that's at the floor and in financial trouble.......or for sale.
Phoenix sounds good.

Shaun is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:07 PM
  #21
BruinsFTW
Registered User
 
BruinsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
He's probably not ready to commit to retiring. Maybe he has every intention to come back after this season?
Hasek didn't come back how many times?

Not hard to come back and I guarantee it wouldn't cause such a circus if he just said he was retiring cause blah blah...

Instead its turned into a huge circus and ****fest...Totally unnecessary.

You can come back from retirement anytime you want.

BruinsFTW is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:07 PM
  #22
SerenityRick
Registered User
 
SerenityRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat400 View Post
As it stands now, it looks like Tim has bigger fish to fry then playing next year and I wish him all the best in his pursuit of happiness.

He deserves that much. People can and will be upset over what this technically does to the Bruins in terms of cap, but I'll never understand the absolute vitriol he's getting as a person.

SerenityRick is online now  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:09 PM
  #23
ed bruin
Registered User
 
ed bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newton
Country: United States
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
its official

Quote:
From the earliest age I can remember, I've wanted to be a hockey player. I've been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The singleminded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year.

On top of this, I will continue to train using the ARP/POV system www.ultrafitevosport.com and work with G-Form www.g-form.com in the development of protective equipment.

What does this portend for the future?

We'll see….God's will be done.

TT
https://www.facebook.com/TimThomasOfficialPage

ed bruin is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
  #24
Lockheed301
Scope Dope
 
Lockheed301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Anchorage, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I know. It just sucks. I love this place and hate it at the same time.



I'm not saying he's lying. I'm saying that there likely is more to the story than what he put in that Facebook post. There's always more to the story.
There likely is. But I don't need to wait for Haggs, bcbruin or OOG to break whatever the extra stuff is if a small part of it is his family. Family and friends are THE most important thing to me and I totally understand if he feels he has abandoned them a bit. I've been in the Air Force for just 2 years and deployed once for just six months and I already feel that I have distanced myself from my wife, friends and family just by doing my job. Is he trying to force his way out? Maybe. Is he trying to control where he goes? Maybe. Did he just say that at least part of it is personal stuff? Yes he did. I think TT can do whatever he wants to make himself happy. Especially when it comes to his family, friends and even his faith. I guess some folks think a game is just way more important than that.

Lockheed301 is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
  #25
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeguinn View Post
Don't you find it kind of odd that he advertised for them, but did not say a word about the Bruins or missing his team mates or anything?

And No i'm not saying that he wont miss his teammates or he doesnt like the Bruins. Im just pointing that out.
you know that not everything and every ONE on facebook isnt real, right?

Kovi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.