Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2012, 12:32 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoe82 View Post
So because I don't root for a specific player I am not a die-hard?

Sounds a bit ridiculous.

Root for the laundry, not the individual.
Sounds a bit ridiculous because it's not what I said.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:36 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
Apparently Thomas has "unfriended" the Bruins on facebook....
http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/o..._year_off.html

If that doesn't make it "official" I don't know what does, haha.
Well maybe he has friended Barack Obama.

(The devil made me do it).

Old
06-04-2012, 12:39 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Kirk's post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...homas+contract

Thread from when he signed his deal - makes for some interesting reading.
Man, does anyone get it more then he does?

When Thomas wins the Vezina Trophy, this will look like a bargain deal.

I don't get some of the hateful comments on this thread. Is loyalty to a player who's earned the right to be paid as one of the best at his position in return for three-plus outstanding years as a starter not something people value anymore?

I just can't believe I'm reading the comments about Rask being up in arms and how the Bruins are doooooooooooooomed by re-signing the guy who has consistently given the team the best chance of winning since 2006. Yeah, I get the concerns about the cap and all that, but the folks who are making this into a Thomas vs. Rask thing are a little out of touch with reality, methinks.

Funny, but for years- people pi**ed and moaned that the Bruins weren't loyal to their players, or that the team didn't put the kind of money into the key positions of defense and goaltending. Now, they do and people are complaining about the offer sheets that may come down the pike for Krejci and Kessel. Amazing. So in other words, the team isn't loyal unless they shower the players you happen to like with cash while allowing the guys who are really a huge part of he club's success to go elsewhere? That's just crazy talk, folks.

Kirk- NEHJ

Old
06-04-2012, 12:39 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Any updates on whether he's still connected with Murp and Haggs?

Old
06-04-2012, 12:41 PM
bp13

Quote:

Good God is that a terrible article, post or whatever they want to call it. Just a stream of nonsensical BS, written incoherently.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Dicky113

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I personally respect anyone who stands for their beliefs, regardless if its the popular opinion or not in any situation. I also respect people that realize family is above anything we have in this limited time alive.
If this had anything to do with family, sick kid, wife leaving etc, would he have posted that article and the "see how hockey isn't important" BS?

This has nothing to do with family, it's a quirky athlete who feels he has been disrespected flexing a little muscle. Nothing more, nothing less. A little screw you back on the way out of town.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Bridges31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky113 View Post
If this had anything to do with family, sick kid, wife leaving etc, would he have posted that article and the "see how hockey isn't important" BS?

This has nothing to do with family, it's a quirky athlete who feels he has been disrespected flexing a little muscle. Nothing more, nothing less. A little screw you back on the way out of town.
And I say good for him. If he wants to say that, he's free to do so.

Just because he posted that link doesn't mean family isn't important to him right now. There is a possibility that there's more than 1 reason why he wants to take a break from hockey you know.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Could the Bruins put him on LTIR? Or would that be cap circumvention?
for what?
Maybe bring a Dr to check his head?
Depression? I don't know..i'm sure they could diagnose him with something.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Dicky113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post

Just because he posted that link doesn't mean family isn't important to him right now. There is a possibility that there's more than 1 reason why he wants to take a break from hockey you know.
Never said I had a problem with it, just prefer to call a spade a spade

Old
06-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Cid

Quote:

Yup, and we as fans of the Boston Bruins can speak our mind and call him out for what a **** he's being and what a bull**** way he went about business. If it wasn't for the Boston Bruin's organization this guy would still be playing in Finland, seeing less time in the NHL than Trent Whitfield and unable to take a year off for his 3 F's (Facebook, Facebook and Facebook) because he'd be struggling to make ends meat.

Thank you Boston Bruins and the fans, now go **** yourself. Real class act, Timmy. Ungrateful SOB.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:58 PM
stungun

hopefully the cba talks progress favorably and include an amnesty or buyout clause that makes his 5 million dollar cap hit disappear immediatley. then we can just let it all go. cba has to be done or thomas not playing means nothing as nobody would be skating of course unless they both agree to extend it.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:07 PM
SupremefartMachine

He'll be back this season, he's just trolling.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
JiriSlegr71

Quote:

about 3 million reasons and not wanting to earn those reasons in a place like winnipeg.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

He won the Cup for the Bruins and had 2 vezina trophy seasons. If he wants to walk away from $5,000,000 and go crazy that is his own personal choice.

I wish you the best of luck in life, I am not mad at you but I am a little confused regarding your last couple of years on the team.

You went from one of the most liked players on the Bruins, hell in the entire league with your stories from the bottom of the barrel to the top of the mountain, but hell man what happened.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:10 PM
JiriSlegr71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Yup, and we as fans of the Boston Bruins can speak our mind and call him out for what a **** he's being and what a bull**** way he went about business. If it wasn't for the Boston Bruin's organization this guy would still be playing in Finland, seeing less time in the NHL than Trent Whitfield and unable to take a year off for his 3 F's (Facebook, Facebook and Facebook) because he'd be struggling to make ends meat.

Thank you Boston Bruins and the fans, now go **** yourself. Real class act, Timmy. Ungrateful SOB.
just using the only leverage he has.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
JiriSlegr71

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
He won the Cup for the Bruins and had 2 vezina trophy seasons. If he wants to walk away from $5,000,000 and go crazy that is his own personal choice.

I wish you the best of luck in life, I am not mad at you but I am a little confused regarding your last couple of years on the team.

You went from one of the most liked players on the Bruins, hell in the entire league with your stories from the bottom of the barrel to the top of the mountain, but hell man what happened.
salary is 3 the hit is 5.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:12 PM
scotiahockey
Insider

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Tin Thomas is a devout christian and is having marital problems. There were whispers in the locker room that his wife left him during this past season, but this has not made it to print as far as i know at this point.

Could he be depressed? If i don't see my girlfriend for a few days I get cranky, so I am sure he could be.

He places more value on his faith and family than his hockey career. I applaud that folks, and if you don't you are part of what I consider to be the problem in today's society rather than the solution.

This man at the top of his sport is leaving the game he loves to try to save his family.

God bless you Tim. I wish you the best and will pray for you and your family. If you ever get to a point where you are able to get back on the ice, for the Bruins or another team, I will applaud you for doing the RIGHT thing.

This was never about the Bruins or Boston or management for Tim, but certain media members had to make it a story... and certain readers had to take the ball and run with it...

Old
06-04-2012, 01:12 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriSlegr71 View Post
salary is 3 the hit is 5.
Right got ya, Monday morning it is still for me.

He must have bought his parents wedding rings back and a ranch in Colorado, he is a happy man, crazy but happy.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
JiriSlegr71

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
Tin Thomas is a devout christian and is having marital problems. There were whispers in the locker room that his wife left him during this past season, but this has not made it to print as far as i know at this point.

Could he be depressed? If i don't see my girlfriend for a few days I get cranky, so I am sure he could be.

He places more value on his faith and family than his hockey career. I applaud that folks, and if you don't you are part of what I consider to be the problem in today's society rather than the solution.

This man at the top of his sport is leaving the game he loves to try to save his family.

God bless you Tim. I wish you the best and will pray for you and your family. If you ever get to a point where you are able to get back on the ice, for the Bruins or another team, I will applaud you for doing the RIGHT thing.

This was never about the Bruins or Boston or management for Tim, but certain media members had to make it a story... and certain readers had to take the ball and run with it...
link?

Old
06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
JiriSlegr71

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Right got ya, Monday morning it is still for me.

He must have bought his parents wedding rings back and a ranch in Colorado, he is a happy man, crazy but happy.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post

Those are pretty bold statements to make. If that's the root of his decision, then I support the decision, I just don't like the way he handled it. That's all I've been trying to say today. If he has bigger obligations than his job, (and let's face it, WE ALL DO) then I don't blame him for peacing out for the season. I just thought the manner in which he made his exit was far from graceful.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:17 PM
JiriSlegr71

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Those are pretty bold statements to make. If that's the root of his decision, then I support the decision, I just don't like the way he handled it. That's all I've been trying to say today. If he has bigger obligations than his job, (and let's face it, WE ALL DO) then I don't blame him for peacing out for the season. I just thought the manner in which he made his exit was far from graceful.
indeed

Old
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post

Someone needs a year off...

Compriende amigo.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:25 PM
scotiahockey
Insider

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriSlegr71 View Post
link?
No Link. Give it a few days though.. I am sure someone will pick up on it, if they haven't already.

I heard it from one of the Bruins PR folks i have a professional relationship with.

Look at the facts.

-Tim's family is from Flint.
- He moved his parents to the Boston area a few years ago for medical reasons
-Thomas' "family" moved to Colorado in the middle of last season, while he remained in Boston
-Now Tim is going to Colorado, where he has no known ties, other than he was drafted by the Nordiques... to concentrate on his "familial relationships"

I am no mathematician, but i can add up 2 and 2...

Old
06-04-2012, 01:26 PM
BergyDGD
GO FRIARS!!!

Quote:

Well now that it's facebook official we can now put this matter to bed

Closed Thread