HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC-EA Sports

Old
06-04-2012, 04:53 PM
xxOPPNOOBZxx

vCash: 500
UFC-EA Sports

Just announced at E3, UFC has signed a deal with EA sports to make UFC video games

xxOPPNOOBZxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:58 PM
DeathFromAbove

I like the move, I've always hated THQs clunky UI design and the fighting itself in the game hasn't evolved much. It still feels robotic to me.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 05:13 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Dana swallows his pride once again.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Much better than THQ.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 05:44 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Wonder if Strikeforce will be included in the game as well.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 05:46 PM
m9

The game has barely advanced since the first one, so I'm cool with the move.

I'm really interested to see what EA Sports can do with the UFC. They have a way better handle of the Kinect/Move line of games so we could see some pretty cool stuff in the next couple of years.

And by 'pretty cool', I mean my girlfriend will come home to find me rolling around on the ground grabbing an invisible leg playing Kinect, because nothing screams 'cool' like that does.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 05:49 PM
xxOPPNOOBZxx

I am acutally happy about this, better career mode, more dlc & better graphics. Bad thing about EA sport mma was the fact i could end a fight easily.

Also it's been confirmered by EA sports, that it will be called EA Sports MMA 2.

Old
06-04-2012, 05:50 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonster View Post
Also it's been confirmered by EA sports, that it will be called EA Sports MMA 2.
I am very shocked by that news. The UFC brand is a much better seller than "EA Sports MMA".

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 05:51 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
And by 'pretty cool', I mean my girlfriend will come home to find me rolling around on the ground grabbing an invisible leg playing Kinect, because nothing screams 'cool' like that does.

Until e-Mir breaks your arm.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
The game has barely advanced since the first one, so I'm cool with the move.

I'm really interested to see what EA Sports can do with the UFC. They have a way better handle of the Kinect/Move line of games so we could see some pretty cool stuff in the next couple of years.

"I'm channeling my inner Toquinho" thats all you have to say.

Old
06-04-2012, 05:53 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Wonder if Strikeforce will be included in the game as well.
Yes, they already announced it will be included. When you play in Strikeforce mode you sign a contract and then have to wait six months to play the game. Then you get to fight a no-name fighter, and if you win then you can't play the game for another six months since there are no other opponents. Then finally, you get to come back and fight the same guy again. As real as it gets.

Old
06-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Yes, they already announced it will be included. When you play in Strikeforce mode you sign a contract and then have to wait six months to play the game. Then you get to fight a no-name fighter, and if you win then you can't play the game for another six months since there are no other opponents. Then finally, you get to come back and fight the same guy again. As real as it gets.
Rofl.

Old
06-04-2012, 05:58 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
I am very shocked by that news. The UFC brand is a much better seller than "EA Sports MMA".
I'd be shocked if the don't get UFC in the title somewhere. Makes no sense from a branding perspective.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:11 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:

EA Sports MMA 2 isn't a very appealing title, at all.

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:12 PM
xxOPPNOOBZxx

Quote:
I'd be shocked if the don't get UFC in the title somewhere. Makes no sense from a branding perspective.
UFC will probably on the cover and bigger then EA Sports MMA 2.

I wonder though if Fedor will be in.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Fanpuck33

Great. Now adding MMA to the list of sports games that are rushed into production and fatally flawed from the get go. It took what, 2-3 before they started fixing the holes in the last NCAA game?

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:36 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
Great. Now adding MMA to the list of sports games that are rushed into production and fatally flawed from the get go. It took what, 2-3 before they started fixing the holes in the last NCAA game?
Have you noticed many improvements in the THQ version of the game over the three titles? The 'flawed' EA version was arguably better in one shot than the THQ version was over three tries.

And what NCAA game are you referring to? If you mean football, I can only hope that eventually we get a UFC game to that level. I'm way more confident in EA getting to that level than THQ. I don't think I've enjoyed a THQ game since Wrestlemania 64.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:39 PM
m9

It will probably be "EA MMA Sports 2: UFC (insert violent adjective here)"

I'll go "UFC Aggression" as my early guess.

Old
06-05-2012, 08:18 AM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
The UFC/EA Sports MMA branding thing is probably contractual ... i.e.: a clause that says if THQ makes UFC3 they get exclusive rights to UFC 4 and UFC 5 or something like that. Don't really care about the title except don't start with the number 2 (Star Wars stupidity) ... call it EA Sports Mixed Martial Arts 2012 / 2013 / etc like all the rest of the EA Sports games. Doesn't have to come out annually (that would be overkill) but just follow EA naming convention.

I for one like the THQ games; I don't want overhauls of the basic interface so I want that to "be the same from year to year." The ground grappling still isn't good enough (too easy for computer Kongo to escape from underneath me Carwin) but the striking physics are improved and I generally like the look.

Keep UFC / Strikeforce / that fictional organization for career mode, and make Pride rules / extra fighters as downloadable content. Now that Pride and Dream are dead, I would LOL if there were low-end organizations in the game called "Dignity MMA" or "Fantasy MMA."

I think EA Sports puts out an inferior hockey game and a superior soccer game, so I dunno what to think about them as a brand. Sega Sports (NHL 2kYEAR series) was always a better game with better physics and more intuitive controls, but for some reason EA out-sold 2K and thus no significant changes were ever made to the hockey game. Just like Uncle Dana has a monopoly on his end causes bad situations for fighters, EA's monopoly is creating a bad situation for video game fans.

As always, I'm interested to see an incrementally better UFC game, but I am ready to be a bit disappointed in this one.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:51 AM
m9

EA puts out an inferior hockey game? Inferior to what? The NHL series is excellent.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I wish you couldn't buy exclusive licenses for video games. EA has rested on its laurels with games like NCAA and Madden and one has to think this will follow that same curve. It's always nice to get another take from another company.

anyway I digress...

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Have you noticed many improvements in the THQ version of the game over the three titles? The 'flawed' EA version was arguably better in one shot than the THQ version was over three tries.

And what NCAA game are you referring to? If you mean football, I can only hope that eventually we get a UFC game to that level. I'm way more confident in EA getting to that level than THQ. I don't think I've enjoyed a THQ game since Wrestlemania 64.
Each UFC game was an improvement upon the last and none were full of horrible glitches. I can't remember the last time NCAA made a significant improvement or wasn't glitchy. And then there's Madden which has actually gotten much worse over the years. Franchise mode is a complete joke now.

Old
06-10-2012, 01:04 AM
m9

Quote:
Each UFC game was an improvement upon the last and none were full of horrible glitches. I can't remember the last time NCAA made a significant improvement or wasn't glitchy. And then there's Madden which has actually gotten much worse over the years. Franchise mode is a complete joke now.
The UFC games had very slight improvements, but not much. NCAA doesn't need to make significant improvements because its arguably the best sports game out there in my opinion, or at least on par with NHL. They have made improvements in the dynasty mode though, and their online league is excellent.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
The UFC games had very slight improvements, but not much. NCAA doesn't need to make significant improvements because its arguably the best sports game out there in my opinion, or at least on par with NHL. They have made improvements in the dynasty mode though, and their online league is excellent.
Their online league was completely non-functional for at least the first two months. You would play your games, advance the week, then find out that your game didn't count and got simmed. It was horrible. The year before the game was ruined for anyone not using an online pass, as dynasty mode development stopped working after one of the updates and only worked if you also were able to download the tuner set. They need to work out the bugs before releasing the game and bring back stuff like discipline and NCAA violations. Those were great!

Last edited by Fanpuck33: 06-10-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old
06-10-2012, 01:06 PM
m9

Quote:
Their online league was completely non-functional for at least the first two months. You would play your games, advance the week, then find out that your game didn't count and got simmed. It was horrible. The year before the game was ruined for anyone not using an online pass, as dynasty mode development stopped working after one of the updates and only worked if you also were able to download the tuner set. They need to work out the bugs before releasing the game and bring back stuff like discipline and NCAA violations. Those were great!
I've played in multiple online dynasties and had 0 problems, they were awesome.

Agreed on the violations stuff though. Its frustrating when EA has something good in a game and then just ditches it, like RFA's in Madden.

For Madden i've said it before, but the NFL Head Coach 09 franchise game engine is unbelievable how good it is. If they had that game along with 'Madden 12' in game, they would have a sensational game. I don't know why they can't figure that out. Free agency and the draft was great in that game.