HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moore discusses Bertuzzi plea bargain

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2004, 12:32 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
This is a new angle not yet explored .. Let me recap to see if I have this concept ...

Moore's lawyer is looking for cost certainty tying Bertuzzi future earnings to Moore's medical expenses ...

Moore's CBA ( Critically Beaten & Abused ) has expired so he would like to see Bertuzzi locked out from playing until Moore himself can return.. Moore is willing to holdout as long as it takes, as he expects a war chest of reserve funds from Bertuzzi in a Civil law suite still pending, which we can then consider Revenue sharing ..
I'm sure Jacobs would agree, that is if the lazy players ever get off the injured reserved list and stop whining about playing with broken bones.

Old
12-30-2004, 06:26 AM
Augustus

Why do so many posters here blame the victim for the crime? Bertuzzi is the criminal here, Moore the victim. Bertuzzi has pled guilty to the crime. His criminal punishment is in keeping with sentences typically handed out to wealthy and famous criminals. Bertuzzi caused the injuries, Moore suffered them. Bertuzzi is the bad guy here, no matter his hockey skill level.

Why so much sympathy for the criminal and, for some, so little for the victim?

I find so much of this compassion for Bertuzzi and blame of Moore very lamentable indeed.

Old
12-30-2004, 10:32 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled in Florida
Why do so many posters here blame the victim for the crime? Bertuzzi is the criminal here, Moore the victim. Bertuzzi has pled guilty to the crime. His criminal punishment is in keeping with sentences typically handed out to wealthy and famous criminals. Bertuzzi caused the injuries, Moore suffered them. Bertuzzi is the bad guy here, no matter his hockey skill level.

I find so much of this compassion for Bertuzzi and blame of Moore very lamentable indeed.
The Nile.

I've had Canuck fans out and out tell me that Moore isn't being blamed for this, and that they aren't trying to sweep their hero's horrible image into history.

When they reported his standing ovation at a charity event in BC was there in any doubt. Feign outrage and then hope everyone forgets what he is.

Old
12-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled in Florida

I was in fact hoping for Jail time for Bertuzzi and a huge settlement in the Millions to Moore..

Bertuzzi should have received a crimial record that prevented him from crossing the US border again as a result, like other normal citicens would have received.

A lifetime ban from the sport by the NHL for Bertuzzi would have been fitting or until Moore plays again and from that point forward Bertuzzi should begin his suspension that should be at least a year for starters. The NHL should do without these kinds of players and the punishment should fit the crime.

So I feel Moore is being given the short end of the stick in this whole situation to be honest...

Last edited by Mess: 12-30-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old
12-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Augustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
I was in fact hoping for Jail time for Bertuzzi and a huge settlement in the Millions to Moore..

Bertuzzi should have received a crimial record that prevented him from crossing the US border again as a result, like other normal citicens would have received.

A lifetime ban from the sport by the NHL for Bertuzzi would have been fitting or until Moore plays again and from that point forward Bertuzzi should begin his suspension that should be at least a year for starters. The NHL should do without these kinds of players and the punishment should fit the crime.

So I feel Moore is being given the short end of the stick in this whole situation to be honest...

I am in complete agreement. Actual jail time would have sent a very strong message and served as a capable deterrent for any other goons who have similar forms of "revenge" in their "minds." Actual lifetime ban would also send a very strong message. I won't hold my breath until such justice is accomplished either by the NHL or the courts. Meanwhile, Moore may be as unable to play as was Ace Bailey. I don't remember Bailey's tormenter getting a lifetime ban. As a matter of fact he's in the Hall of Fame on Yonge and Front.

Closed Thread