HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kdka's Bob Pompeani to have sit down interview with Coach Bylsma on 6/4/12 at 6pm

Old
06-03-2012, 07:52 PM
1pensfan

vCash: 500
Kdka's Bob Pompeani to have sit down interview with Coach Bylsma on 6/4/12 at 6pm

Ok pens fans what do you want to see addressed concerning our team in this interview tomarrow..

1pensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:04 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I wanna hear his thoughts on the big reasons we lost. I hope he takes some accountability without letting the players off the hook either.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:10 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Since Bob lives within walking distance - I will have to slip some questions under his door.

1) Why would you EVER change your system from the one that won you a Cup?

2) Why do you over-use the stretch pass?

3) Please explain the reasoning for the worst and passive defensive zone.

Thank you. That will be all.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:14 PM
gordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pensfan View Post
Ok pens fans what do you want to see addressed concerning our team in this interview tomarrow..
He can start with asking "Disco Dan" do you really believe your buddy Tony Granato is that essential to this coaching staff? Can you explain how under Tony Granato your team could have the worst penalty killing unit that the NHL playoffs has seen in quite awhile??

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:15 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Since Bob lives within walking distance - I will have to slip some questions under his door.

1) Why would you EVER change your system from the one that won you a Cup?

2) Why do you over-use the stretch pass?

3) Please explain the reasoning for the worst and passive defensive zone.

Thank you. That will be all.
if you think its going to be a confrontational interview, you're sadly mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
He can start with asking "Disco Dan" do you really believe your buddy Tony Granato is that essential to this coaching staff? Can you explain how under Tony Granato your team could have the worst penalty killing unit that the NHL playoffs has seen in quite awhile??
see response above.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:19 PM
gordie

I also expect a sugar-coated kiss-his-a$$-fest which is the norm among Pittsburgh sports media types.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Sivek

Just have to play Pittsburgh Penguins Ice Hockey.

Sivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:24 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

1) What are the biggest things you have learned as a coach based on this season's disappointing 1st round exit, and from watching the other teams who have moved on. What have you learned, what do you want to change/improve going into next year, etc.

In particular, I want to know what he thinks of the idea that while the Pens have a great "system" and always talk about "getting to their game", there's a perception that D may need to show more of an ability to read, react and adjust change up their game plans/systems during the course of a game or series.

2) How does he envision utilizing all of the players next year assuming everyone is healthy to start the season? Specifically, how/where does he see guys like Jeffrey, Tangradi, Bortuzzo & Strait -- guys that deserve a shot or would be suject to waivers -- fitting in to the team, what roles they will play, etc.

And what does he want to see from those guys to cement themselves as important parts of the team?

Those are the 2 main questions I have, although it would also be interesting to hear his take on why after a great season, Fleury was so poor in the playoffs. I'd say also ask him about why Paul Martin sucked so hard this year, but we can't slander him too much if we want to move him.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Skillzz
Registered Boozer

The o/u on mentions of "playing our game" or "playing Penguin hockey" is currently set at 3.5.

Skillzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
1) What are the biggest things you have learned as a coach based on this season's disappointing 1st round exit, and from watching the other teams who have moved on. What have you learned, what do you want to change/improve going into next year, etc.

In particular, I want to know what he thinks of the idea that while the Pens have a great "system" and always talk about "getting to their game", there's a perception that D may need to show more of an ability to read, react and adjust change up their game plans/systems during the course of a game or series.

2) How does he envision utilizing all of the players next year assuming everyone is healthy to start the season? Specifically, how/where does he see guys like Jeffrey, Tangradi, Bortuzzo & Strait -- guys that deserve a shot or would be suject to waivers -- fitting in to the team, what roles they will play, etc.

And what does he want to see from those guys to cement themselves as important parts of the team?

Those are the 2 main questions I have, although it would also be interesting to hear his take on why after a great season, Fleury was so poor in the playoffs. I'd say also ask him about why Paul Martin sucked so hard this year,but we can't slander him too much if we want to move him.

1st. good post.

2nd. Bold: That one is easy. They have too many like'em and he makes the most sense with what they have and you mentioned above.

If DB does read these boards, lack of in game adjustments, and as Cole said, going away from the system that won him his job. It worked and since it has only worked in the regular season with many up and downs and close calls.

"Lets grind these ******* down." has to apply in all zones by the entire team.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Tweed

Tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweed View Post
Love that pick, but the grinder needs a Pens logo on it and change out the yellow for vegas gold.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Jacob

Pompeani is a cream puff who doesn't understand hockey like most on this forum do, he won't ask questions that we don't already know the answer to.

Jacob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:37 PM
1pensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Pompeani is a cream puff who doesn't understand hockey like most on this forum do, he won't ask questions that we don't already know the answer to.
Unfortunately your probably right.. That's why this thread was brought to light.. Real questions from real fans like yourselves...

Old
06-03-2012, 09:49 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Yea it will be bland and boring.

His ultimate reason will be "we didn't get to our game enough"

OnMyOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Mr. T

The Pompeanis and Steigerwalds are like Pittsburgh crime families of awful sports journalism.

Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:58 PM
HMPens

From the commercials, it looks like it has already been taped. I wish the media, for once, would ask questions that the fans would really like to ask themselves. It might make for a more interesting interview than the same old questions that we already know the answers to.

By the way, Rob Rossi is going to be on the Kdka Sports Showdown tonight and he says he might have some Pens info. Can't wait....LOL

HMPens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:15 PM
JTG

Pompeani isn't going to be asking any questions that trap Bylsma. I would imagine most of them will be geared towards the future, and very few towards the past.

JTG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:43 PM
1pensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMPens View Post
From the commercials, it looks like it has already been taped. I wish the media, for once, would ask questions that the fans would really like to ask themselves. It might make for a more interesting interview than the same old questions that we already know the answers to.

By the way, Rob Rossi is going to be on the Kdka Sports Showdown tonight and he says he might have some Pens info. Can't wait....LOL

Talking #pirates and #NHL vs #NBA and Kordell tonite on KDKA Showdown ay 11:35 pm ... Oh, and some #pens info, perhaps
3:54pm - 3 Jun 12

Old
06-04-2012, 12:44 AM
SomeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Indeed. He'll probably focus on how his summer is going and where he went on vacation.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Master Shake

I want to know why he didnt adapt in the playoffs for 3 years now. Why are our forwards not pounding the other teams dmen on the dump in? Why did Staal not look good defensively in the playoffs?

Why do we not put Malkin and Crosby out on the PK? That one drives me crazy

Why does our pp look like garbage every playoffs? Why not mix it up? Put Crosby behind the net ala Gretzky. Im telling you it suits his game to creep out from behind the net

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:22 AM

For me the questions that could get by are...

How much freedom do you give skilled players... and when is it to much freedom?

Jmlems 1st question about adjusting.

Bringing up young players?

Who is the best coach he's faced?

Matching up players against the other teams star players?

Malkin or Staal playing wing?

Was he impressed with any gettable players at the WC's?

After seeing anyone and everyone attack Matt Cooke last year, what does he think of this years playoffs?

Stance on fighting?

Going into next year... James Neal... winger for Sid or Malkin?

What led to the complete 180 of this team in the playoffs?

MAF's bi polar nature? Is there a full time goalie coach?

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:05 AM
HMPens

Here is a link to the report from Bob Pompeani's interview with Bylsma. It goes into more detail than what was shown on the news.

He speaks about trying to keep all three centers, and there's no surprise there.

The part that struck me is the that Bylsma defends Martin and Michalek. It seems the fans, and even Pittsburgh Media, are the only people who are frustrated with them, especially Martin. I don't get the feeling that there is any notion of moving them, and he said they are "good contracts" and would get more on the open market.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...oss-to-flyers/

HMPens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:29 AM
GrouperTrooper

Sounds like the guy still has no clue. "Well Maf had 42 wins, and we have mvp geno and superstar sid, I can't figure out why we didn't dominate."

I wasnt expecting him to call anyobe out, but maybe he could of gone into why he got away from rolling 3 centers in game 6, after it was so effective in 4 and 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMPens View Post
Here is a link to the report from Bob Pompeani's interview with Bylsma. It goes into more detail than what was shown on the news.

He speaks about trying to keep all three centers, and there's no surprise there.

The part that struck me is the that Bylsma defends Martin and Michalek. It seems the fans, and even Pittsburgh Media, are the only people who are frustrated with them, especially Martin. I don't get the feeling that there is any notion of moving them, and he said they are "good contracts" and would get more on the open market.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...oss-to-flyers/

GrouperTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:29 AM
regard

Meh Bylsma doesnt strike me as the type of coach to rip guys in the media. Doesnt mean they dont expect better or someones not going to get traded. Hes not in charge of that.

regard is offline   Reply With Quote