HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sharks - Canucks

Old
06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

vCash: 449
Heck yes! Because the Sharks are looking to get faster, Murray will definitely be moved. Dougie can still hit but really doesn't fit into the ideal team for San Jose next season. A late 1st is great value for both teams in my opinion.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
MISC*
Negged.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucks N Canes View Post
Dont think its a good idea to have both salo and murray in the top 6. Fast teams would dominate us. Two slow skating dman would kill us in playoffs.
I would do Hammer with BXA. Edler with Ballard or Murray. Tanev with Ballard or Murray. Salo .

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Canucks may over pay a tad, but really, he is the kind of number 4-5 dman we desperately need.

I think it would be a win-win. We need his size for larger forwards. Our D isn't to big and strong. We focused to much on PMD.
I don't see how Murray does anything for the Canucks. He is too slow to play within our defensive system and he isn't a good enough passer to be able to move the puck from deep in our own zone to the winger that's sitting on the boards at the opposing blue line. Basically he is the anti-AV dman. Sure we could use dman that collects hits, but Murray would be in the dog house so much we'd never get to see that side of his game. I wouldn't trade a 4th for Murray from the Canucks, not because he isn't worth that much, but because he wouldn't fit into the Canucks system and style. It seems pretty obvious by the overwhelming acceptance from Sharks fans that loosing Murray isn't a big loss, especially for a 1st rounder.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Nucks N Canes

Quote:
I would do Hammer with BXA. Edler with Ballard or Murray. Tanev with Ballard or Murray. Salo .
We would have same
Issue of players playing on the wrong side.

Nucks N Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:38 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Agree to disagree.

I'd love him on the Nucks. Even for the 26th pick.
I'd try and sign Milan Jurcina before I trade a 1st round pick for Murray - a 3rd pairing defensemen.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Yossarian54

Can he play the right side without suffering too much?

If so, yes, but I would balk at the 1st. We so desperately need to re-stock a bit.

Maybe this could be a Mason Raymond + 3rd job. I seem to recall Sharks fans have desired fast wingers, and there are none faster.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
I'd try and sign Milan Jurcina before I trade a 1st round pick for Murray - a 3rd pairing defensemen.
Agreed. We need to add to our prospect pool more then we need to add a 3+ million dollar salary for a player who doesn't fit the teams style of play.

Old
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Agreed. We need to add to our prospect pool more then we need to add a 3+ million dollar salary for a player who doesn't fit the teams style of play.
Plus a prospect at 26th isn't always bad, I mean, I'd love to have another Nicklas Jensen, and he was drafted at 29. We need to re-stock, not trade it for a 32 year old defensemen that isn't going to do well in our system at 3M.

Old
06-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Yossarian54

Quote:
Here's the problem. 3 left handed d-men, when our issues specifically revolves around having someone to log 22-odd minutes on Edler's right side. Ballard on the right has been an unmitigated disaster (although I approve of him on the left, preferably with Tanev). So either Murray can play the right side well, or this trade makes us much worse.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Meh, I'd pass. Murray is slow, is he not? I thought he was, can't fully remember though. Would rather keep the pick because for all we know it could be another Nicklas Jensen.
Yes, Murray is quite slow. I'd understand if you'd like to keep the pick - even I'll admit it is an overpayment, though it could be closer than some posters (in this thread) are letting on. Murray is a unique player so it's hard to know his exact value. I'd guess it's around a 2nd and a mid level prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
Can he play the right side without suffering too much?

If so, yes, but I would balk at the 1st. We so desperately need to re-stock a bit.

Maybe this could be a Mason Raymond + 3rd job. I seem to recall Sharks fans have desired fast wingers, and there are none faster.
If we were trading him for a forward, I think we could get a better fit than Raymond. Other players bring more to the table for less money. And I'm not sure if he can play RD.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:05 PM
PG Canuck

It all depends if Murray can play RD effectively, if not, no way this would happen.

Old
06-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Plus a prospect at 26th isn't always bad, I mean, I'd love to have another Nicklas Jensen, and he was drafted at 29. We need to re-stock, not trade it for a 32 year old defensemen that isn't going to do well in our system at 3M.
The 26th pick could land us Derrick Pouliot or Koekkoek who could be valuable pieces of the Canucks for the next 15 years not the next 2 years.

Old
06-03-2012, 08:42 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I'd be hard to deal Murray within the conference considering the damage he does regularly to opponents, but I think I'd do it.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 50
In all honesty, Murray isn't worth a 1st. He's probably the slowest skater on the team not named Handzus and doesn't offer much offensively. Also we have some young defensemen (Petrecki, Irwin, etc.) that need some NHL experience.

Right now if we trade Murray as is:

Boyle - Vlasic
Burns - (vet defenseman from FA)
Braun - Demers

It's not bad, but it's tolerable. Also, unloading Murray's $2.5 million can give us more flexibility to land Brad Stuart.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Vorkosh

I don't mind this deal from a Vancouver standpoint, I get what Murray brings to the table, but this deal will have to be on a few factors

1) Luongo does not bring back a Defense-man via trade

2) Garrison resigns with Florida or does not for whatever reason sign with Vancouver

3) Schultz does not sign with Vancouver

if those three factors happen then I'm okay with the deal, if any of those 3 things don't happen, then it makes no sense to give up a 1st rounder for a 7/8 defense-man for depth purposes
ltz
Hamhuis/Beiksa/Edler are 3

If Garrison signs, then that's 4, along with Ballard and Salo (Salo stated he wants to return for at least 1 more year during his exit interview as he has injury free this year and felt good)

If Garrison and Schultz sign.. well now Salo and Ballard are 6/7

If Luongo nets Schenn at a minimum and Garrison and Schultz sign, well now Salo and Ballard are 7/8 which is ridiculous, so no need to add Murray and Gillis would have to shop Ballard and not resign Salo

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:49 PM
DJD209

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
And why are the Sharks moving him?
Esp to a rival for the last 1st rounder...?
sharks are moving him for his cap hit and a lot of teams are interested. but i wouldn't do this deal maybe a murray for booth+ trade

DJD209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Plus, he'd be fighting for a spot ahead of Schenn, Gardiner, Schulz and...maybe whomever the Canucks choose with the fifth overall pick.
F***ing Hilarious if you think he and his contract is worth more than a 2nd+Mid-prospect+Komi..

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Falco5

Sharks definitely do this deal. This way the sharks can sign someone in free agency who is better with the $$$ savings. At the very least we know we can sign Brad Stuart and I believe he is an upgrade over Murray going forward.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:28 PM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
I really like Murray and would take him in a second. Okay sure, he's big and slow, but the Canucks need a big bodied stay-at-home dman who can devastate things. Would rather keep the 1st, though.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote