HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Good online place to buy skates at?

Closed Thread

Old
12-25-2004, 10:48 AM
cassius

vCash: 500
Good online place to buy skates at?

Well, I fully intend to try on any skate before buying it... but I was wondering what online retailer offers the most competitive prices on skates? I'm looking at Bauers.. mainly Vapor SFL VII's. . . .

This is my first pair of skates too.. i'm buying myself a little Christmas gift.

Last edited by cassius: 12-25-2004 at 10:55 AM.
Old
12-25-2004, 02:21 PM
luke34e

I suggest you go to www.hockeymonkey.com or www.hockeygiant.com

these sites both have lots of gear for you to chose from

Old
12-25-2004, 02:25 PM
IkeaMonkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius
Well, I fully intend to try on any skate before buying it... but I was wondering what online retailer offers the most competitive prices on skates? I'm looking at Bauers.. mainly Vapor SFL VII's. . . .

This is my first pair of skates too.. i'm buying myself a little Christmas gift.
My first advice is...

Don't go to your regular shop to try on these skates. You dont know how uncool it is to just go to a shop, try on gear and then buy it somewhere else.

Old
12-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Frightened Inmate #2

Go to a local skate shop, and look around get some solid help, and ask about different skate features. Once you have found out what you want shop around, and look for the lowest price. I would have to say that you really would be able to find the best price at one of the major stores, even though the service often sucks.

Old
12-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Accord

Send a message via AIM to Accord
Order from www.hockeygiant.com before December 31st and you'll get 20% off their regular prices if you use the xmas20 coupon code. Their regular prices are already among the cheapest you'll find, then take 20% off that and you saved yourself a ton of money, especially when buying expensive items, like skates.

http://hockeygiant.com/bauvapviisktsr.html

Regular price on Vapor SFL VII's which is the skate you said you want is $149.99, take 20% off and you'll get them only only $119.99. Nobody else will be able to beat it, just make sure they're the right skates for your feet.

Since this is going to be your first pair of skates, you probably will want to get fitted in person and buy from your LHS just to make sure they're right. It really sucks when you order skates online and you've got to send them back because they're the wrong size, wrong width, etc. so you might want to consider supporting your LHS and paying a little extra with them, especially since these are your first pair of skates.

Last edited by Accord: 12-25-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Closed Thread