HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Balej not tearing it up

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2004, 11:10 AM
BJCOLLINS

vCash: 500
Balej not tearing it up

I was interested in seeing how Jozef would progress this year: 27gp 4 g 11 a 0 +/-
I'm a little suprised with his lack of production. His stats (on a much stronger team) are not exceptional when compaired to our prospects at rw. On an other note I believe the lock out will be benefitial for our prospects and improve our overall depth vs the majority of NHL.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Old
12-19-2004, 11:40 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS
I was interested in seeing how Jozef would progress this year: 27gp 4 g 11 a 0 +/-
I'm a little suprised with his lack of production. His stats (on a much stronger team) are not exceptional when compaired to our prospects at rw. On an other note I believe the lock out will be benefitial for our prospects and improve our overall depth vs the majority of NHL.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
I didnt expect him to tear the AHL up but I did expect better #'s in the goal scoring dept.Maybe atleast 9 or 10 goals would be nice, but im sure he will find his game.All player have offseasons and he is in a sense having one.Although 15 points in 27 games is not horrid. He will be a good second line winger and probably be able to be used on the first line from time to time if needed,I think he will be fine though.

Happy Holidays.

Old
12-19-2004, 11:44 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

It would be nice if he had a quality center!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Playing with Lundmark is not the best thing in my opinion for Balej. If you watched the game last night you saw Jamie taking another of his many nights off.

Old
12-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Graveytrain

When you see Mike Cammalerri sitting there with 22 goals in 27 games, i can understand folks starting to question Balej's ability, me included...

I know he had a good year last season, 26 goals in 60 games.. but i starting to think that his predictable offensive style is making him easy to read.... he strikes you as a flashly guy with the puck, but in reality he does not have many moves...

take his oppurtunity in last nights shootout.... left, right, side to side... you would have thought the tender would be completely out of position for an easy slip in... instead it was a rather easy save depsite what Sam and JD had to say

Old
12-19-2004, 11:54 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

A quality center would be nice or even a big center that could create room for him. Maybe he should get time on a line with Holik if and when there is a seaosn, that might help or even time with Nylander to although Jage probably got that spot .

there is no quality centers in HRTFD so Balej has to deal with what he got.And if he is all he is cracked up to be should be able to carry the team, plsu all those little dinky moves he pulls off work in the AHL, would never work in the NHL atleast for him.

Old
12-19-2004, 12:37 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm hoping he's just one of those streaky players who goes hot and cold (he sure is due for some "hot", though).

Old
12-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Fletch

Over 27 games klingsor...

you'd expect him to have gone through at least one cycle of each and be at a point-per-game+ regardless. This is an almost 1/4 season slump. He's making strides at getting out of it, but just as easy as he gets out of it, he can be in it. I'm starting to watch Giroux, Moore and Hollweg a bit more these days (seems as though Wiseman's been in a decent slump of late too).

Old
12-19-2004, 01:49 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

True, Fletch.

My ire is reserved for Lundmark, though.

It looks as though he's playing not to get hurt.

Old
12-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
True, Fletch.

My ire is reserved for Lundmark, though.

It looks as though he's playing not to get hurt.
come on lundmark is great :lol

the same people that killed me last year for saying lundmark sucks are the same people this year that are saying lundmark sucks.

Old
12-19-2004, 02:37 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
come on lundmark is great :lol

the same people that killed me last year for saying lundmark sucks are the same people this year that are saying lundmark sucks.
What is the point of your post?

Here ya' go:

"AT THIS POINT I WAS WRONG ABOUT LUNDMARK AND SON OF STEINBRENNER WAS RIGHT."

Happy now?

Why not quote it and make it your ****ing signature?

Old
12-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
What is the point of your post?

Here ya' go:

"AT THIS POINT I WAS WRONG ABOUT LUNDMARK AND SON OF STEINBRENNER WAS RIGHT."

Happy now?

Why not quote it and make it your ****ing signature?
thats all i was looking for thanks

i'm surprised nobody is blaming his ice time :lol

relax chief its the holidays.

Old
12-19-2004, 06:20 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
thats all i was looking for thanks

i'm surprised nobody is blaming his ice time :lol

relax chief its the holidays.
Glad to to oblige

I've got no problem admitting I'm wrong.

Many's the time I've thought that people who acted like *******s had stopped being *******s.

Wrong again.

Old
12-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Glad to to oblige

I've got no problem admitting I'm wrong.

Many's the time I've thought that people who acted like *******s had stopped being *******s.

Wrong again.
thanks for the kind words.

merry christmas

to get back to the lundmark thing. lundmark is awful and balej is just going through a slump.

Old
12-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Fletch

I hear ya klingsor...

he's been a major disappointment in Hartford. Perhaps he is a bit tentative because he injured himself last year (I doubt there's lingering affects, except mental). Of course, I hate making excuses. We'll see what happens with Jamie. I don't really think center is his ideal position.

Old
12-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
he's been a major disappointment in Hartford. Perhaps he is a bit tentative because he injured himself last year (I doubt there's lingering affects, except mental). Of course, I hate making excuses. We'll see what happens with Jamie. I don't really think center is his ideal position.
i know you hate making excuses but isn't it time we stopped with lundmark. center might not be his best postion but its not like he showed much as a winger. lundmark has hands of stone and no heart.

Old
12-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Fletch

Not going to argue with you SoS....

not because I don't like to argue, but because I don't want to look like a jackass defending Lundmark. I think I've said before that I'm hopeful of other prospects. If Jamie becomes a player, so be it, but I ain't holding my breath.

Old
12-19-2004, 07:27 PM
dedalus

Quote:
balej is just going through a slump.
Time will tell. I see Balej having very mediocre NHL career if he makes it at all. He hasn't shown any better NHL hands than Lundmark, and he's hardly known as a heart-and-soul kind of player. He needs to prove he's something more than a very speedy floater.

Old
12-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
not because I don't like to argue, but because I don't want to look like a jackass defending Lundmark. I think I've said before that I'm hopeful of other prospects. If Jamie becomes a player, so be it, but I ain't holding my breath.
i don't want to argue either. i don't think anybody could defend lundmark at this point. i hope one day soon lundmark is lighting it up and everybody is throwing it in my face how i was wrong. hey man i'm a ranger fan too.

Old
12-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Time will tell. I see Balej having very mediocre NHL career if he makes it at all. He hasn't shown any better NHL hands than Lundmark, and he's hardly known as a heart-and-soul kind of player. He needs to prove he's something more than a very speedy floater.
i think the rangers screwed this balej thing up. they should've sent him to europe the same time they sent tjutin because like tjutin he had nothing left to prove in the ahl. balej has been a very good ahl player in the past and there are not really any playmaking centers in hartford for the kid to play with. you may be right about balej just being an ahl floater but from what i've seen i think he could make it. i really wonder what the rangers think of him.

Old
12-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Fletch

I dunno SoS...

if he's struggling in the AHL, he'd struggle even moreso in a more competitive league. Balej's where he belongs right now. Europe was an option, but the AHL wasn't a bad option.

Old
12-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
i think the rangers screwed this balej thing up. they should've sent him to europe the same time they sent tjutin because like tjutin he had nothing left to prove in the ahl. balej has been a very good ahl player in the past and there are not really any playmaking centers in hartford for the kid to play with. you may be right about balej just being an ahl floater but from what i've seen i think he could make it. i really wonder what the rangers think of him.
Yea, I don't know that more competition would help. I'd rather see him learn the system and get some chemistry with some future Rangers.

Old
12-20-2004, 09:10 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
Playing with Lundmark is not the best thing in my opinion for Balej. If you watched the game last night you saw Jamie taking another of his many nights off.
That's funny. Now not only is Lindmark being accused of ruining his career but also Balej's. What happened to Balej before Lundmark came to Hartford? Balej is everyone's darling now. Those that love him now will be bashing him in 6 months.

Old
12-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Fletch

I think the love affair...

is starting to end, Darth. I think most expect results beyond what we've been seeing in Balej, regardless of his linemates. It's tough to get real excited over two guys who were benched for two consecutive games (one I beleive was against the best team in the league, a game in which they won). Yeah, it's to get them going, but they're supposed to be the leaders of this team and it just hasn't been happening.

Old
12-21-2004, 09:11 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

bALEJ= OVERRATED

eVERYONE BEEN OVERRATING THE KID SINCE WE GOT HIM.HE IS A SECOND LINER AT BEST AND EVEN AT THE nhl LEVEL HAS NOT SHOWN ME A THINK TO IMPRESS ME.

Old
12-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Fletch

I'd be happy...

If Balej became a second liner in the NHL, AGN.

Closed Thread