HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It is Boyling this time of year. (Offseason Speculation Thread Part IV)

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 10:13 PM
thrillermiller89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
I thought it was Kuntiz
i remember the ducks top 3 lines hashed out like so...

kunitz-mcdonald-selanne
penner-getzlaf-perry
moen-pahlsson-neidermeyer

Old
06-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

The 07' Ducks were a buzzsaw. I'd pay money to see them face the 10' Hawks in a 7 game series.

Old
06-14-2012, 10:46 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I don't remember the thing about the list, I remember him basically saying "I will agree to be traded if you trade me to San Jose". Either way I don't see how Tampa has any real leverage, which is why they got a garbage return.
Pretty sure they told him San Jose (as well as others), not the other way around. He chose San Jose because it was the best on the list. Tampa had all the leverage since if Boyle didn't do what they'd said, he'd be claimed by the worst team in the league (which is why Boyle left extremely upset). Tampa got such a crap return because their management was crap.

Old
06-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

So, what are we expecting DW to do at the draft? I'm fairly certain he will do something. Clowe and Murray would be the players I expect to be traded.

Old
06-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

This guy would be great on Jumbo's wing.

Old
06-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Pretty sure they told him San Jose (as well as others), not the other way around. He chose San Jose because it was the best on the list. Tampa had all the leverage since if Boyle didn't do what they'd said, he'd be claimed by the worst team in the league (which is why Boyle left extremely upset). Tampa got such a crap return because their management was crap.
This is what I recall, too Speculation Ottawa was the other team on the list. Tampa really screwed the pooch with that deal.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:06 AM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Shark View Post
The 07' Ducks were a buzzsaw. I'd pay money to see them face the 10' Hawks in a 7 game series.
Pronger and Niedimyer probably would have carried them

Old
06-15-2012, 02:43 AM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
So, what are we expecting DW to do at the draft? I'm fairly certain he will do something. Clowe and Murray would be the players I expect to be traded.
Murray for 2012 picks.

Marleau and some other things for Nash

Move up in the draft and select someone no one predicts.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:27 AM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
The ducks were carried by the RPG line being by far the best in the game, along with Nieds and Pronger on the backend. The RPG line wasnt able to dominate the entire regular season like they did the playoffs. The Kings have 2 well balanced scoring lines, as well as 2 very solid D pairings, not to mention an all star goalie.
Bobby Ryan wasn't in the NHL, and both Perry and Getzlaf were on the second line; Andy McDonald was their top line Centre and Selanne was their top scorer IIRC. The "PG-Other guy" line wasn't even the most important line to the team. They had Pronger and Niedermayer and decent other players. That's like having Suter and Burns but we'd need more good players than just those two. Not to mention JS-Giggy is a tank.

Old
06-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

More speculation from Kurz:

Quote:
Do you think the Sharks need to trade one of the big three (Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau or Dan Boyle) in order to make a further push in the Stanley Cup? If you say yes, who do you think we should trade? - Erik Nelsen

I’m already on record saying I think the Sharks should try and move Marleau – not just because of his salary, but because I’m not sure he’s a good example for some of the young players coming up through the system. I’m still baffled why a guy making that much money, who was in such a dreadful scoring slump in February and March, isn’t taking nearly all of the optional skates. To me, there’s just no excuse for that – at the very least, show your teammates that you’re doing everything you can to break out of it while you’re cashing in a $6.9 million paycheck.
Ouch!

http://www.csnbayarea.com/hockey-san...4&feedID=10290

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Old
06-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
It's a fair point and I'm sure will tick off many here.

I'm one who thinks this Sharks team won't win the Cup so might as well start gutting it while some players have value.

Old
06-15-2012, 01:42 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Unless his speed can be immediately replaced and you somehow get a franchise d man, moving Marleau will make the team significantly worse. Probably almost guarantee a playoff no show.

The guy is valuable in almost every situation...

Another reason Marleau should be the last guy traded is I suspect that a 40 year old Marleau would still be one the fastest guys on team while scoring 20+ goals and playing valuable defense. Even if you rebuild you still keep Marleau. Most likely he will stay with the org throughout the rebuild and still be effective after the rebuild has completed.

Last edited by WantonAbandon: 06-15-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old
06-15-2012, 02:05 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
That's because Kurz knows absolutely nothing about hockey. He didn't watch the Sharks prior to this down year and he doesn't appreciate anything but pure offensive stats.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:34 PM
lsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
That's because Kurz knows absolutely nothing about hockey. He didn't watch the Sharks prior to this down year and he doesn't appreciate anything but pure offensive stats.
Are his points not valid?

What's the excuse when JR says the same things about poor patrick marleau?

Old
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
murdock1116

Is Patrick Marleau really even that good at defense anymore? I know he used to be, but I don't really remember him doing anything this year on the defensive end. His corsi and defensive stats are probably decent because he plays with Pavelski and Jumbo.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:44 PM
TealManV
A man has said

Quote:
Not to mention that the " Sharks insider" Kurz loves and misses his beloved Flyers. Has nothing but praise for Richards and Carter (should be covering the Kings instead). Completely denies Richards' dirty hit on Booth.

Last edited by TealManV: 06-15-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Too much info
Old
06-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

The emotional attachment to Marleau here is over the top. Irreplaceable? Really? The options may be slim and the move may not be out there, but come on.......

I've seen the argument made here by Marleau supporters that Nash would take away goals from other players and therefore be a net negative in the goal department no matter how many he scores, but it's not possible that Marleau could have that effect in the opposite direction for the Sharks if traded? Gotta love that logic.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Isn't some heat from the media what some posters wanted? Kind of refreshing I think.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:16 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx View Post

No, they're not valid, because Marleau had 15 points in 14 games in February.

And JR? Come on, he hates the guy. You can't take anything he says at face value.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Full trade: Nashville gets two second-round picks, a third-round pick and Caron. Tampa gets Lindback, Kyle Wilson and seventh-rounder.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:18 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
The emotional attachment to Marleau here is over the top. Irreplaceable? Really? The options may be slim and the move may not be out there, but come on.......

I've seen the argument made here by Marleau supporters that Nash would take away goals from other players and therefore be a net negative in the goal department no matter how many he scores, but it's not possible that Marleau could have that effect in the opposite direction for the Sharks if traded? Gotta love that logic.
Who said Marleau was "irreplaceable"? I certainly didn't. I think it's funny that you're not allowed to have unconditional support for a guy who has done so much as a Shark, but it's completely okay to have irrational hate towards a guy you don't know.

And if we get Nash, go you really see Pavelski cracking 30 goals again? Because I certainly don't.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:20 PM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

Quote:
Have you ever seen the show Hoarders? People get unreasonably emotionally attached to things that are hurting them. Then someone comes along and takes it out of their hands and removes the problem. They could never do it themselves, but they are better for it in the end and they can now move forward in their lives and take the next step.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:21 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx View Post

That JR doesn't know what the **** he is talking about - Patty Marleau was ridden hard by him on national tv while this year I watched him make excuse after excuse for certain players. He cherry picks his favorites, and Patty is obviously on the opposite end of that spectrum. I'm not saying that Patty is above criticism, I'm saying JR has taken it to the extreme.

EDIT: and if it wasn't clear from this post, I have a lot more respect for Marleau and what he's done for this team than two years of JR. The guy is a hot head, is just as guilty for not "winning anything" and is just a loud mouth. Some people like that, - I happen to think it is self serving for JR - not to the people he is speaking to. The guy is all about self promotion.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:23 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadmanSJ View Post
Have you ever seen the show Hoarders? People get unreasonably emotionally attached to things that are hurting them. Then someone comes along and takes it out of their hands and removes the problem. They could never do it themselves, but they are better for it in the end and they can now move forward in their lives and take the next step.
Are you ****ing kidding me? I have no problem with Marleau getting traded. I do have a problem with Sharks fans making assumptions about him and calling him garbage when in reality, he had more points than Pavelski.

If I came into every thread talking about what a loser Couture or Pavelski is, I'd get lynched.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:25 PM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

Quote:
Are you ****ing kidding me? I have no problem with Marleau getting traded. I do have a problem with Sharks fans making assumptions about him and calling him garbage when in reality, he had more points than Pavelski.

If I came into every thread talking about what a loser Couture or Pavelski is, I'd get lynched.
Are you reality? Who is making the argument that Pavelski is better than Marleau? There is a level of expectation from Marleau, completely 100% justifiably so due to his tenure and pay check, that he perform to his ability. I'm not talking about stat cherry picking either.

Closed Thread