HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It is Boyling this time of year. (Offseason Speculation Thread Part IV)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2012, 10:13 PM
  #876
thrillermiller89
Registered User
 
thrillermiller89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
I thought it was Kuntiz
i remember the ducks top 3 lines hashed out like so...

kunitz-mcdonald-selanne
penner-getzlaf-perry
moen-pahlsson-neidermeyer

thrillermiller89 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:35 PM
  #877
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol
 
Arkansas Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Underground Bunker
Country: United States
Posts: 3,380
vCash: 500
The 07' Ducks were a buzzsaw. I'd pay money to see them face the 10' Hawks in a 7 game series.

Arkansas Shark is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:46 PM
  #878
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I don't remember the thing about the list, I remember him basically saying "I will agree to be traded if you trade me to San Jose". Either way I don't see how Tampa has any real leverage, which is why they got a garbage return.
Pretty sure they told him San Jose (as well as others), not the other way around. He chose San Jose because it was the best on the list. Tampa had all the leverage since if Boyle didn't do what they'd said, he'd be claimed by the worst team in the league (which is why Boyle left extremely upset). Tampa got such a crap return because their management was crap.

WTFetus is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 11:33 PM
  #879
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
So, what are we expecting DW to do at the draft? I'm fairly certain he will do something. Clowe and Murray would be the players I expect to be traded.

Hatrick Marleau is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 11:42 PM
  #880
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
This guy would be great on Jumbo's wing.

Hatrick Marleau is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 12:45 AM
  #881
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 7,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Pretty sure they told him San Jose (as well as others), not the other way around. He chose San Jose because it was the best on the list. Tampa had all the leverage since if Boyle didn't do what they'd said, he'd be claimed by the worst team in the league (which is why Boyle left extremely upset). Tampa got such a crap return because their management was crap.
This is what I recall, too Speculation Ottawa was the other team on the list. Tampa really screwed the pooch with that deal.

Gilligans Island is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 02:06 AM
  #882
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Shark View Post
The 07' Ducks were a buzzsaw. I'd pay money to see them face the 10' Hawks in a 7 game series.
Pronger and Niedimyer probably would have carried them

WantonAbandon is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 02:43 AM
  #883
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 23,702
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
So, what are we expecting DW to do at the draft? I'm fairly certain he will do something. Clowe and Murray would be the players I expect to be traded.
Murray for 2012 picks.

Marleau and some other things for Nash

Move up in the draft and select someone no one predicts.

sjshark91 is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:27 AM
  #884
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys
 
MarleauApologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
The ducks were carried by the RPG line being by far the best in the game, along with Nieds and Pronger on the backend. The RPG line wasnt able to dominate the entire regular season like they did the playoffs. The Kings have 2 well balanced scoring lines, as well as 2 very solid D pairings, not to mention an all star goalie.
Bobby Ryan wasn't in the NHL, and both Perry and Getzlaf were on the second line; Andy McDonald was their top line Centre and Selanne was their top scorer IIRC. The "PG-Other guy" line wasn't even the most important line to the team. They had Pronger and Niedermayer and decent other players. That's like having Suter and Burns but we'd need more good players than just those two. Not to mention JS-Giggy is a tank.

MarleauApologist is online now  
Old
06-15-2012, 12:27 PM
  #885
Led Zappa
Oy vey...
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,953
vCash: 500
More speculation from Kurz:

Quote:
Do you think the Sharks need to trade one of the big three (Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau or Dan Boyle) in order to make a further push in the Stanley Cup? If you say yes, who do you think we should trade? - Erik Nelsen

I’m already on record saying I think the Sharks should try and move Marleau – not just because of his salary, but because I’m not sure he’s a good example for some of the young players coming up through the system. I’m still baffled why a guy making that much money, who was in such a dreadful scoring slump in February and March, isn’t taking nearly all of the optional skates. To me, there’s just no excuse for that – at the very least, show your teammates that you’re doing everything you can to break out of it while you’re cashing in a $6.9 million paycheck.
Ouch!

http://www.csnbayarea.com/hockey-san...4&feedID=10290

__________________

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 12:41 PM
  #886
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 7,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
It's a fair point and I'm sure will tick off many here.

I'm one who thinks this Sharks team won't win the Cup so might as well start gutting it while some players have value.

Gilligans Island is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 01:42 PM
  #887
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Unless his speed can be immediately replaced and you somehow get a franchise d man, moving Marleau will make the team significantly worse. Probably almost guarantee a playoff no show.

The guy is valuable in almost every situation...

Another reason Marleau should be the last guy traded is I suspect that a 40 year old Marleau would still be one the fastest guys on team while scoring 20+ goals and playing valuable defense. Even if you rebuild you still keep Marleau. Most likely he will stay with the org throughout the rebuild and still be effective after the rebuild has completed.


Last edited by WantonAbandon: 06-15-2012 at 01:53 PM.
WantonAbandon is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 02:05 PM
  #888
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,376
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
That's because Kurz knows absolutely nothing about hockey. He didn't watch the Sharks prior to this down year and he doesn't appreciate anything but pure offensive stats.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 02:34 PM
  #889
lsx
Registered User
 
lsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
That's because Kurz knows absolutely nothing about hockey. He didn't watch the Sharks prior to this down year and he doesn't appreciate anything but pure offensive stats.
Are his points not valid?

What's the excuse when JR says the same things about poor patrick marleau?

lsx is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
  #890
murdock1116
Registered User
 
murdock1116's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,551
vCash: 500
Is Patrick Marleau really even that good at defense anymore? I know he used to be, but I don't really remember him doing anything this year on the defensive end. His corsi and defensive stats are probably decent because he plays with Pavelski and Jumbo.

murdock1116 is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 02:44 PM
  #891
TealManV
A man has said
 
TealManV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
That's because Kurz knows absolutely nothing about hockey. He didn't watch the Sharks prior to this down year and he doesn't appreciate anything but pure offensive stats.
Not to mention that the " Sharks insider" Kurz loves and misses his beloved Flyers. Has nothing but praise for Richards and Carter (should be covering the Kings instead). Completely denies Richards' dirty hit on Booth.


Last edited by TealManV: 06-15-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Too much info
TealManV is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:14 PM
  #892
Led Zappa
Oy vey...
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,953
vCash: 500
The emotional attachment to Marleau here is over the top. Irreplaceable? Really? The options may be slim and the move may not be out there, but come on.......

I've seen the argument made here by Marleau supporters that Nash would take away goals from other players and therefore be a net negative in the goal department no matter how many he scores, but it's not possible that Marleau could have that effect in the opposite direction for the Sharks if traded? Gotta love that logic.

Led Zappa is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:14 PM
  #893
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 31,310
vCash: 500
Isn't some heat from the media what some posters wanted? Kind of refreshing I think.

Gene Parmesan is online now  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:16 PM
  #894
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,376
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx View Post
Are his points not valid?

What's the excuse when JR says the same things about poor patrick marleau?
No, they're not valid, because Marleau had 15 points in 14 games in February.

And JR? Come on, he hates the guy. You can't take anything he says at face value.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:16 PM
  #895
Led Zappa
Oy vey...
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,953
vCash: 500
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Full trade: Nashville gets two second-round picks, a third-round pick and Caron. Tampa gets Lindback, Kyle Wilson and seventh-rounder.

Led Zappa is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:18 PM
  #896
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,376
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
The emotional attachment to Marleau here is over the top. Irreplaceable? Really? The options may be slim and the move may not be out there, but come on.......

I've seen the argument made here by Marleau supporters that Nash would take away goals from other players and therefore be a net negative in the goal department no matter how many he scores, but it's not possible that Marleau could have that effect in the opposite direction for the Sharks if traded? Gotta love that logic.
Who said Marleau was "irreplaceable"? I certainly didn't. I think it's funny that you're not allowed to have unconditional support for a guy who has done so much as a Shark, but it's completely okay to have irrational hate towards a guy you don't know.

And if we get Nash, go you really see Pavelski cracking 30 goals again? Because I certainly don't.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:20 PM
  #897
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!
 
MadmanSJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
That's because Kurz knows absolutely nothing about hockey. He didn't watch the Sharks prior to this down year and he doesn't appreciate anything but pure offensive stats.
Have you ever seen the show Hoarders? People get unreasonably emotionally attached to things that are hurting them. Then someone comes along and takes it out of their hands and removes the problem. They could never do it themselves, but they are better for it in the end and they can now move forward in their lives and take the next step.

MadmanSJ is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:21 PM
  #898
BrianSmith
Chokers
 
BrianSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx View Post
Are his points not valid?

What's the excuse when JR says the same things about poor patrick marleau?
That JR doesn't know what the **** he is talking about - Patty Marleau was ridden hard by him on national tv while this year I watched him make excuse after excuse for certain players. He cherry picks his favorites, and Patty is obviously on the opposite end of that spectrum. I'm not saying that Patty is above criticism, I'm saying JR has taken it to the extreme.

EDIT: and if it wasn't clear from this post, I have a lot more respect for Marleau and what he's done for this team than two years of JR. The guy is a hot head, is just as guilty for not "winning anything" and is just a loud mouth. Some people like that, - I happen to think it is self serving for JR - not to the people he is speaking to. The guy is all about self promotion.

BrianSmith is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:23 PM
  #899
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,376
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadmanSJ View Post
Have you ever seen the show Hoarders? People get unreasonably emotionally attached to things that are hurting them. Then someone comes along and takes it out of their hands and removes the problem. They could never do it themselves, but they are better for it in the end and they can now move forward in their lives and take the next step.
Are you ****ing kidding me? I have no problem with Marleau getting traded. I do have a problem with Sharks fans making assumptions about him and calling him garbage when in reality, he had more points than Pavelski.

If I came into every thread talking about what a loser Couture or Pavelski is, I'd get lynched.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:25 PM
  #900
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!
 
MadmanSJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me? I have no problem with Marleau getting traded. I do have a problem with Sharks fans making assumptions about him and calling him garbage when in reality, he had more points than Pavelski.

If I came into every thread talking about what a loser Couture or Pavelski is, I'd get lynched.
Are you reality? Who is making the argument that Pavelski is better than Marleau? There is a level of expectation from Marleau, completely 100% justifiably so due to his tenure and pay check, that he perform to his ability. I'm not talking about stat cherry picking either.

MadmanSJ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.