HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In Hockey Enforcer’s Descent, a Flood of Prescription Drugs

Old
06-07-2012, 03:35 PM
NYRKING30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
The blame may lie with Boogard but you have to scratch your head how/why our senile old g.m. doesn't exercise an ounce of due dilligence and common sense when signing a guy with a major drug problem to a 4 year, $6.6 mil deal? Kind of the same ******** scenario when he signed another ticking timebomb in Fleury years ago.

I can't believe this ****in imbecile is still employed as our g.m. by the Rangers after all these years; pathetic!
Neil Smith signed Fleury in the summer of 99 with Quintal,Lefebvre,and Kamensky. I get what your trying to say though.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 04:55 PM
NYRKindms

Quote:
The blame may lie with Boogard but you have to scratch your head how/why our senile old g.m. doesn't exercise an ounce of due dilligence and common sense when signing a guy with a major drug problem to a 4 year, $6.6 mil deal? Kind of the same ******** scenario when he signed another ticking timebomb in Fleury years ago.

I can't believe this ****in imbecile is still employed as our g.m. by the Rangers after all these years; pathetic!
In fluery's defense the substance abuse was the manifestation of his being sexual abused as a kid by his former coach. If the rangers knew anything about the situation then I applaud them for giving fluery a job.

It seems to me that Sather is a guy folks call when someone needs a second chance.

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:

Smith signed Fleury, not Sather. Not that it matters, i get your arguement. I personally feel that if someone is addicted to something, it is their choice to give it up. I would not give them **** about it, but if they asked me to help them I would.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
Neil Smith signed Fleury in the summer of 99 with Quintal,Lefebvre,and Kamensky. I get what your trying to say though.
My son just reminded me of that. Opps!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Fanned On It

I would say probably 40% of the 17-25 year olds in my town/surrounding towns have "tried" pain-killers/anti-anxiety medications to get high at some point in their lives. This is in Northern Westchester/Putnam County. It's a HUGE problem around here.

I wouldn't be surprised if more current NHL'ers abuse painkillers in SOME fashion - whether it be fore a confidence boost, physical boost, whatever..

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 01:35 PM
EEDAWGZ

Substances abuse or not, Fleury was a very talented player

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 01:45 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I usually don't have much sympathy for people with addictions that don't accept they need help, which sounds like Boogaard kind of was, but I give him a bit of a pass considering the amount of pain he probably was in without the pills. I mean the guy was on track to experience early dementia at 28...

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote