HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins trade 2012 7th Rd. pick for Tomas Vokoun (re-signed for 2 yrs/$2M per)

Old
06-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Don't you think it's about 50/50? Fleury definitely sucked, as did our defense. I think both parties here are being very sensitive about their side of the argument when in fact they are both correct.
there is no such thing as middle ground on HF especially with regards to Fleury. I am pretty sure I have been called both a Fleury hater and a Fleury lover in this thread.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:27 PM
metalan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
I love how people that refuse to burn him at the stake are considered "apologists". There is not a single "apologist" that won't admit that Fleury needs to improve his game in the postseason. We just refuse to have the same old Pittsburgh, knee jerk reaction.
It's not a knee jerk reaction if this spans years and years.

Mediocre regular season numbers, terrible playoff numbers every year. I do not get how it isn't glaringly obvious he is not even close to a top goaltender in the league, and it would be in our best interest to attempt to move him.

metalan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:23 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Yes, blame the goalie for the Simmonds goal where he went in on him clean. Perfect. I'm sure if Matt Cooke scored that goal you'd be laughing at the other team's goalie instead of gushing over Cooke's sweet hands. Also, I guess one YT video of a goal we all admit was horrible negates all those pics.....
Went in on him clean and had only one option, which Fleury declined to take away.

Interestingly enough Matt Cooke did score much the same goal against the Flyers in February.

I ripped Bryzgalov for it and said nothing about Cooke's hands, so thanks for being completely and utterly wrong.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...t=auger&page=4

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 07:07 PM
canadianguy77

Can't we all just agree that Marc-Andre Fleury is simultaneously the best and the worst?

canadianguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Went in on him clean and had only one option, which Fleury declined to take away.

Interestingly enough Matt Cooke did score much the same goal against the Flyers in February.

I ripped Bryzgalov for it and said nothing about Cooke's hands, so thanks for being completely and utterly wrong.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...t=auger&page=4
Touche on the last part, but please tell me: How many times has a goalie gave away his position to stop a player from turning the puck over on his stick side to side in close? I can't think of one time someone has tried it. It's basically a frickin breakaway. Try leaning to one side and see how fast an NHLer roofs it short side.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:43 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Anyways, I just read this tear-inducing stat: The Penguins have still given up more goals than the Kings, 30 to 29.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 09:05 PM
JTG

Pathetic

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
mpp9

Yikes. I feel shame for them.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Anyways, I just read this tear-inducing stat: The Penguins have still given up more goals than the Kings, 30 to 29.

That is so ****ing sad it's funny.

You know how sometimes when someone in the family dies and it hurts so bad people start telling jokes and laughing when they're not supposed to be laughing? Yah like that.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Oh my....
That is kinda hilarious now that some time has passed.... also how our goals per game average in the playoffs has every other team blown away. Pathetic.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

Quote:
LoL, I was just getting over our pathetic playoff performance. Thanks.

Hans Rutherford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:09 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
NHL.com has it listed as 30 to 30. Not that it makes it any better.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:17 AM
HuskerTornado
Those Aren't Pillows

Quote:
I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry, or hurl.

HuskerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:18 AM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Touche on the last part, but please tell me: How many times has a goalie gave away his position to stop a player from turning the puck over on his stick side to side in close? I can't think of one time someone has tried it. It's basically a frickin breakaway. Try leaning to one side and see how fast an NHLer roofs it short side.
He's not supposed to leave the post, he's supposed to put the paddle flat. Strictly speaking, Fleury did the right thing when he saw a player with no option but to switch from forehand to backhand or vice versa every single time he was in that situation this year until, well, Simmonds scored that goal.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:06 AM
mgd525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Oh my....
That is kinda hilarious now that some time has passed.... also how our goals per game average in the playoffs has every other team blown away. Pathetic.
It is actually kinda funny in a sad, sick way. Atleast a big part of the problem will be solved with the signing of TV. Hopefully another 5m problem in martin ill be some other teams issue this year as well.

mgd525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:09 AM
JTG

Martin was only 1/3 of the defense problem this past season and in the playoffs. Orpik and Michalek were just as pathetic, except they make a million less per season. They often times get a pass, but fact is, if this team is going to be better, those 3 have got to up their game dramatically from what we watched this past season. I'll be curious to see how Niskanen does this next season, as I am not entirely sure that he can be a 20-22 minute top 4 defenseman, but I think we will see him more in those roles next season.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Martin was only 1/3 of the defense problem this past season and in the playoffs. Orpik and Michalek were just as pathetic, except they make a million less per season. They often times get a pass, but fact is, if this team is going to be better, those 3 have got to up their game dramatically from what we watched this past season. I'll be curious to see how Niskanen does this next season, as I am not entirely sure that he can be a 20-22 minute top 4 defenseman, but I think we will see him more in those roles next season.
During the season that is true, but Michalek was MUCH better than Martin in the playoffs. He still needed to be better, but he was not pathetic in the playoffs. Orpik was meh to bad.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
That's just ****ed up!

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
During the season that is true, but Michalek was MUCH better than Martin in the playoffs. He still needed to be better, but he was not pathetic in the playoffs. Orpik was meh to bad.
I agree with you on Michalek, but I think Orpik was atrocious in the playoffs.

Sideline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
I agree with you on Michalek, but I think Orpik was atrocious in the playoffs.
he absolutely was. But he hits people occasionally and gets payed less. He has also had surgery the last two offseasons so I think a lot of people are hoping a healthy off season will help him get back in to form.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote