HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part III) - Is it TC yet?!

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Who knows what Rick Nash might bring into our locker room...

Radulov however i'd like to stay away from...
I'm far more concerned with hurting our chemistry through subtraction (like trading Dubinsky and Del Zotto, for example) than I am through addition.

Old
06-07-2012, 04:47 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
so lets trade Dubinsky for a over 30 year old vet like Iginla who is a very good player but getting up there in age...Nash who has not made the playoffs much in his career...if they deal Dubinsky the Rangers should get someone who has been in the playoffs more than not, but i guess that dont count

much rather deal Dubinsky for a guy like Perry Ryan or Vinny L who has actually been to the playoffs more than once in his NHL career..
you knock Iginla, yet want Lecavelier? Iginla is a tank, and high character player. He's currently good for 30g and could play until
he's 40 no problem. He has playoff experience and would be hungry.
He could be our Ray Bourque in next years playoffs.

Nash not having that much playoff experience shouldnt deter us
from pursuing him. He's played at a very high level in the past.
People have really underestimated this guys talents. He's played with
hardly any support and get can do it all. Nash would be a star in NY.

For me it's Nash, Iginla, Ryan

Old
06-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
After one season in which the team was ahead of it's development curve, you want to give up on what we've been building towards before we even get there? People are acting like we were on this track for Cup contenders, we didn't get there, and therefore it's time to make major changes. That time is after next season, provided we make no more progress, not after this one.

RGY is right. People forget about the things that make this team good. You mess with that too much, you're going to put this team right back where it was 10 years ago. Regression through destruction of chemistry is a huge worry for me.
bringing in a Rick Nash or Zach Parise (both character guys) wouldn't hurt our chemistry. They play just like we do.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Rangers arent trying to rebuild. Trading Dubi for a draft pick serves us nothing. I wouldnt trade Dubi for a draft pick unless its a top 5 pick. otherwise, whats the point. This team just went to the ECF, 2 wins from making the Cup. were going to trade our leading point scorer 2 years removed for a mid-low draft pick why exactly?

We're all for moving Dubi for a guy like Nash, Iginla, Weber, etc. Guys that will help us now. Moving Dubi for someone who will help us 3-4 years from now is pointless.
I would absolutely move Dubi for a first round pick. You can flip one of our picks in a deal for whoever else if you want to.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
bringing in a Rick Nash or Zach Parise (both character guys) wouldn't hurt our chemistry. They play just like we do.
As I said a few posts back, bringing in new players isn't the only thing that hurts chemistry. Removing players can hurt it as well. Parise would be an interesting option if there was really any chance of him signing here. I don't believe there is.

I'm not convinced that removing Dubinsky and adding Nash is really going to help us all that much.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would absolutely move Dubi for a first round pick. You can flip one of our picks in a deal for whoever else if you want to.
Wonder if flipping Dubi for a first would be more appealing to teams in a package than Dubi himself.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:34 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
so lets trade Dubinsky for a over 30 year old vet like Iginla who is a very good player but getting up there in age...Nash who has not made the playoffs much in his career...if they deal Dubinsky the Rangers should get someone who has been in the playoffs more than not, but i guess that dont count

much rather deal Dubinsky for a guy like Perry Ryan or Vinny L who has actually been to the playoffs more than once in his NHL career..
That Nathan Horton guy for Boston a couple years ago was a terrible guy for them to trade for. He had no playoff experience on Florida that it never will work in Boston for him.

I'm all for having good players with playoff experience, but sometimes players are just in bad situations and can't even get to the playoffs. Doesn't mean they won't perform on a good team if you get them. I like Perry, but they will back up the truck for him. Lecav is not an impact player on this team. He's not the same guy he was when he got his contract. I'd rather not financially kill this team with a bad contract with that kind of length on it. Tampa is really hurting with that deal they gave him.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
As I said a few posts back, bringing in new players isn't the only thing that hurts chemistry. Removing players can hurt it as well. Parise would be an interesting option if there was really any chance of him signing here. I don't believe there is.

I'm not convinced that removing Dubinsky and adding Nash is really going to help us all that much.
That's completely irrational. You're comparing a bonafide 1st liner to a streaky 3rd liner? I know Dubi brings a lot of character to the locker room but Nash seems to bring every bit of that same mentality to his. If anything Nash sucked one up for his team this past year, not publicly involving himself in the media, so that he would not hurt his team's package in a trade. How many stars can you say have put their team's ahead of themselves when they want out this badly? Very few. There is a reason Nash was made captain of his team. There's also a reason Dubi wasn't made one on ours.

If you're worried about the chemistry we lose that's unwarranted. Nothing that Nash has done can give you the impression that it will hurt our locker room. He's motivated, unselfish, and most importantly wants to win. If you're worried about talent that we're losing that's also unwarranted, Nash will score 40+ goals for us, Dubi can barely scratch 20 on a good season. As for trading away friends and such, this is a business and they all understand that. It's part of the industry. It's not personal. We made it through 2 series w/o Dubi essentially. Losing Dubi will hurt in the eyes of the fans as he was a gritty player that stood up for what he believed in. I'll miss him, that's for sure. But the reality is that he is far too expensive for the production he is giving us and he should not stand in the way of us getting a 1st line player.

If we were to lose MDZ in addition to Dubi, that is a different story. I'm in favor of shipping them both out to get a star like Nash but that's when I would start to become worried about the chemistry lost.

Likely to see Erixon be traded before MDZ though, for that reason alone. That reason isn't likely to save Dubi though, if that's what we're looking for.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Wonder if flipping Dubi for a first would be more appealing to teams in a package than Dubi himself.
I think it would for a team like Columbus that needs a full on rebuild. Flip Dubi for a first, trade our two firsts + other stuff for Nash.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

kenjets, you say all of that like chemistry is completely definable. It isn't. Nash could be the best guy in the world, but that doesn't mean he brings to the team dynamic what Dubinsky does and it doesn't mean he will work out in our group. If you want to talk about production on the ice, sure Nash is going to bring more (albeit, not significantly for next year, in my opinion). But, still.. this is focusing too much on what Nash brings.

Dubinsky is an integral part of our group, in terms of team dynamic. Losing that person can be damaging to the group. You're all going to jump on me for this, but to me, Dubinsky is the most important forward we have on our team. I saw a HUGE difference in the comfort level on the team when he came back in the Devils series compared to the games before.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:02 PM
dmjt4160

vCash: 1004
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Told there has been "progress" in contract talks btwn Rangers and goaltender Martin Biron. Had good year, works well with Lundqvist

Old
06-07-2012, 06:11 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjt4160 View Post
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Told there has been "progress" in contract talks btwn Rangers and goaltender Martin Biron. Had good year, works well with Lundqvist
Oh god no. Is age has really exposed his weakness (5 hole). He was brutal once teams figured that out in december.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I was thinking about that too, but we could end up getting screwed if the Nash deal (or another prospective deal) doesn't get done.

Then we're stuck with two first round picks (both in the second half of the round) and no Dubi. Who are we going to get to replace him in the lineup if we don't get the trade done that we want? Then at best, we fill the spot through free agency, where we'd likely be settling and we just made a lateral move at best and lost a character key guy had chemistry within the team.

I'd rather keep Dubi, try to trade Dubi + for Nash, and if they'd rather have a pick, THEY can trade Dubi to Chicago or wherever for their 1st.

Old
06-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Your statement is horse chit or simply outdated - there are supposedly only 30+ Russians left in NHL last season. I bet at least half of them do play tough "North-American" style.
Ok, explain why there are now only supposedly 30+ Russians left in the NHL? Could the answer be that the coaches won't tolerate their ******** laziness and softness and me first mentality anymore?
Perhaps you in your divine wisdom can enlighten me on the subject since you think that half of them remaining in the league play a "tough" North American style.

Old
06-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Ok, explain why there are now only supposedly 30+ Russians left in the NHL? Could the answer be that the coaches won't tolerate their ******** laziness and softness and me first mentality anymore?
Maybe in a small amount of circumstances, what you said would make sense. It's mostly due to their ability to get more money while playing at home. That might have something to do with it.

Old
06-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Fanned On It

Bringing Radulov to this team just sounds like a bad idea... I can see him slumping hardddd.

Old
06-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Bringing Radulov to this team just sounds like a bad idea... I can see him slumping hardddd.
You a clairvoyant?

I can see him coming here and finding chemistry with Kreider or Gaborik and having a sensational year.

He can also play both wings, although it seems he prefers RW.

Kreider Richards Radulov

Radulov Richards Gaborik

Radulov Stepan Gaborik

Radulov Anisimov Gaborik

I can see any of those lines meshing magnificently.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Maybe in a small amount of circumstances, what you said would make sense. It's mostly due to their ability to get more money while playing at home. That might have something to do with it.
Ok. That sounds fair enough to me.
Believe me, I would die for players like Datsyuk, Ovie and Malkin but would prefer to stay away from the Semins and Radulovs of the world.
Nothing personal mind you.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Curious if anyone would consider

Stepan and our 1st for Bobby Ryan

If we did that, and then added Radulov for a 2nd and 4th we'd have...

Ryan Richards Gaborik
Kreider Dubinsky Radulov
Hagelin Anisimov Callahan
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Staal Girardi McDonagh Del Zotto Erixon would be our top 5

6th Dman could be McIlrath, Sauer, Stralman, or Schultz if we sign him.

Looks pretty damn good to me. I personally like Dubinsky at center, and between Kreider and Radulov he'd have a career year. I'm sure others will disagree and think he's better at wing, but I love him at center.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:16 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Curious if anyone would consider

Stepan and our 1st for Bobby Ryan

If we did that, and then added Radulov for a 2nd and 4th we'd have...

Ryan Richards Gaborik
Kreider Dubinsky Radulov
Hagelin Anisimov Callahan
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Staal Girardi McDonagh Del Zotto Erixon would be our top 5

6th Dman could be McIlrath, Sauer, Stralman, or Schultz if we sign him.

Looks pretty damn good to me. I personally like Dubinsky at center, and between Kreider and Radulov he'd have a career year. I'm sure others will disagree and think he's better at wing, but I love him at center.
Sigh...just stop it.

Stepan and our 28th pick for Ryan? Really??

Ducks would hang up in about half a second.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:25 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
And if that slump happens, the Garden crowd won't be very nice to him either.

06-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
Sigh...just stop it.

Stepan and our 28th pick for Ryan? Really??

Ducks would hang up in about half a second.
I fail to see how that's so different from the typical offer that's been thrown around for Ryan which was DZ, Dubinsky, Thomas and a 1st...

Care to elaborate?

Old
06-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

This.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:50 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Screw Radulov.