HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part III) - Is it TC yet?!

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Callahan being on our 3rd line would be a disgrace.
pretty much, some fans are on crack. Gabby and Cally are a solid 1/2 RW punch.........Anisimov or Dubinsky or I actually could see them moved. Prust 4th line and PK

down the middle Richards, Stepan, like it or not Boyle then a faceoff UFA

LW is UFA ( maybe for a Dubi, AA packge trade, Kreider, Hagelin ,Rupp.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:43 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
pretty much, some fans are on crack. Gabby and Cally are a solid 1/2 RW punch.........Anisimov or Dubinsky or I actually could see them moved. Prust 4th line and PK

down the middle Richards, Stepan, like it or not Boyle then a faceoff UFA

LW is UFA ( maybe for a Dubi, AA packge trade, Kreider, Hagelin ,Rupp.
If Boyle is our 3rd line center we have ****** center depth.

Anisimov is our 3rd line center unless Torts is an idiot.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If Boyle is our 3rd line center we have ****** center depth.

Anisimov is our 3rd line center unless Torts is an idiot.
It should be Richards, Stepan, Anisimov, Boyle. And that should not change except in the case of an injury.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:48 PM
NJRangers35

I really don't want boyle on the 3rd line. If we somehow were able to do this, I would be the happiest person in the world. This team would have its core for the foreseeable future. These would be my line after Gaborik came back.

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Parise-Stepan-Radulov
Hagelin-Anisimov-Callahan
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Schultz
Del Zotto-Erixon

Old
06-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRangers35 View Post
I really don't want boyle on the 3rd line. If we somehow were able to do this, I would be the happiest person in the world. This team would have its core for the foreseeable future. These would be my line after Gaborik came back.

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Parise-Stepan-Radulov
Hagelin-Anisimov-Callahan
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Schultz
Del Zotto-Erixon
No need for Radulov if we get Parise.. Callahan scored 29 goals this year, he can play on the 2nd line..

Old
06-09-2012, 06:01 PM
NJRangers35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
No need for Radulov if we get Parise.. Callahan scored 29 goals this year, he can play on the 2nd line..
If we could get Radulov for cheap it would not hurt to bring him in. I truly believe Radulov would make a bigger impact on this specific team than Parise would. Parise would fit right in, but Radulov would bring this team a different element. If I knew how much Del Zotto and Schultz would be estimated against the cap next year, I would put this in cap geek and see how much it would cost. If anyone has any free time to put that roster I have on cap geek and post it here, I would greatly appreciate it.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:03 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

So, Parise should obviously be prime target. I doubt the Rangers get him - in this case --> Radulov. That's the main line here, though I'd rather go for depth scoring, Jones already signed in COL and the EDM-Jones won't come easy, as he's defensively responsible. Anything else available (no, I don't like Stempniak) - how about trading for Roy?

So Rads +: skill, creativity, can score
His -: unproven in NHL, questionable attitude, might ask for much money

If you can get him at the right price at a 1 yr contract, get him. If he really is a locker room cancer trade him for best offer/ waive him.

It should be: Parise - 3rd liner - Radulov in order of priority. You go hard after Staal next year.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRangers35 View Post
I truly believe Radulov would make a bigger impact on this specific team than Parise would. Parise would fit right in, but Radulov would bring this team a different element
What element is that? Laziness? Inconsistency? Parise's 10x the player Radulov will ever be. That'll make up for whatever element you think Radulov has over Zack.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4244584/

Zach is going to run to a more stable environment.

He will go to the Wings. The Rangers will make an offer on 7/1. They should use their Parise offer to leverage the Wings into giving Parise every dime Newport Sports wants as long as they steered their other client Justin Schultz to the Rangers the week of June 25th and he agreed to terms which results in a signed SPC on 7/1. There ways to communicating this to Newport Sports. Schultz is free to speak with teams on June 25. They will see each other during draft weekend in Pitt which is a few days before June 25.
How good is this Schultz kid? Am I missing something?

You hear talk about if we don't be Schultz we will go after Weber etc. from what I've seen of him, he looks like a decent prospect. Nothing more nothing less. Behind Erixon for sure, but a right handed shot.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:17 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
It should be Richards, Stepan, Anisimov, Boyle. And that should not change except in the case of an injury.
Exactly. This team finally has some okay depth of wingers that Anisimov does not need to be in the top 6 wing spot anymore. He should be planted on the 3rd/2nd line with Dubinsky and Callahan. Stepan and Kreider together, Richards and Gaborik. You can put Hagelin wherever, he's a good player that can be moved around the line-up. Just need one more top 9 winger and the team should be much better with other improvements from young players and having guys bounce back.

Get some more depth on D, add Erixon and Schultz to the to the roster for 3rd pairing. Team will look much better with just those small moves. Doesn't have to be a big splash in order to make the team better.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:19 PM
smoneil

Quote:
How so? Cally and Dubi, at their best, are very good second line guys. Neither is anywhere close to a bonafide first line player. In his best season, Dubi got about 21 minutes per game and plenty of PP time. In Cally's best season (this past one) he got about 22 minutes per game and LOADS of PP time. Neither player came close to cracking 60 points. When a player gets first line minutes and puts up 2nd line production, that's a concern. They should ideally each be getting about 17-18 minutes per game and putting up ~20 goals and 45-50 points per season. Having players like that on the 3rd line may be a luxury, but it's a far cry from a "disgrace."

I love Callahan as a player, but I really worry about the way this board pumps him up. He'll never be the player some of you imagine him to be, and when that realization hits, the irrational targeting of Callahan (some of which we already saw this postseason) is going to be harsh.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:31 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Callahan on our 3rd line would be just great, because it proves the Rangers have 3 tremendous RWs. Callahan's a luxury at 3rd line, no doubt, but you still could play him 18+ minutes.
Having 3 balanced lines, which can score is what you need to win a cup. Having a Callahan on our 3rd line would prove being balanced.

Hags-BRich-Gabby
Kreider-Step-X/Radulov
Dubi-Ani-Cally
Rupp/X-Boyle-Prust

Pretty much gives Torts the opportunity to switch a player from line 3 to line 1 (and the other way) without giving up too much quality. A good 13th F (Feds, if at the right price) would be gravy.
Yes, please.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:32 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Callahan on our 3rd line would be just great, because it proves the Rangers have 3 tremendous RWs. Callahan's a luxury at 3rd line, no doubt, but you still could play him 18+ minutes.
Having 3 balanced lines, which can score is what you need to win a cup. Having a Callahan on our 3rd line would prove being balanced.

Hags-BRich-Gabby
Kreider-Step-X/Radulov
Dubi-Ani-Cally
Rupp/X-Boyle-Prust

Pretty much gives Torts the opportunity to switch a player from line 3 to line 1 (and the other way) without giving up too much quality. A good 13th F (Feds, if at the right price) would be gravy.
Yes, please.
I keep Cally on the 2nd line, even if Radulov proves to be good should we acquire him. Kreider-Step aren't as good defensively as Cally is, and Arty is very reliable defensively 5 on 5.

THAT gives you three lines, that can score and keep the puck out of the net.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:34 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
How so? Cally and Dubi, at their best, are very good second line guys. Neither is anywhere close to a bonafide first line player. In his best season, Dubi got about 21 minutes per game and plenty of PP time. In Cally's best season (this past one) he got about 22 minutes per game and LOADS of PP time. Neither player came close to cracking 60 points. When a player gets first line minutes and puts up 2nd line production, that's a concern. They should ideally each be getting about 17-18 minutes per game and putting up ~20 goals and 45-50 points per season. Having players like that on the 3rd line may be a luxury, but it's a far cry from a "disgrace."

I love Callahan as a player, but I really worry about the way this board pumps him up. He'll never be the player some of you imagine him to be, and when that realization hits, the irrational targeting of Callahan (some of which we already saw this postseason) is going to be harsh.
Cally had 30 goals in the regular season, he's not a 3rd liner.

He also had a subpar playoffs past the last 2 games of the Devs series. That doesn't mean he's not a great second liner.

People on here have massive hard-ons for Ryan Clowe...Callahan is better.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:39 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Quote:
I keep Cally on the 2nd line, even if Radulov proves to be good should we acquire him. Kreider-Step aren't as good defensively as Cally is, and Arty is very reliable defensively 5 on 5.

As I said, you can switch players and it won't hurt the quality of either line. Cally is on the 3rd line 'cause it's the Pack-Line: They'd eat minutes against the opposite top-line and create havoc via forechecking. You could easily put them in the 2nd slot as well, in my scenario, I the 3 top lines all playing 17 or so minutes.

It's more of a 2a-2b-2c scenario, really.

Last edited by SoftEuro4thLiner: 06-09-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Need for Update to clarify.
Old
06-09-2012, 06:39 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:

If we get Radulov he certainly won't be on the 3rd line.

He will be on the top two lines. No necessary meaning Cally moves to the 3rd, but if anyone is going to the 3rd line it would be the more defensive minded player of the two.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:43 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
If we get Radulov he certainly won't be on the 3rd line.

He will be on the top two lines. No necessary meaning Cally moves to the 3rd, but if anyone is going to the 3rd line it would be the more defensive minded player of the two.
Disagree. If we have the benefit of having a third line of Dubi-Arty on the third line, and let's pretend Dubi bounces back for a second, that can easily be a second line. You have a bonafide first line and two second lines. Dubi-Arty-Radulov is a fantastic line, while Kreider-Steps-Radulov leaves me very iffy about their ability to play defense.

That's how the Hawks won the cup. That's how the Kings'll win it too, since Richards and Carter are first liners in tons of places.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:48 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Disagree. If we have the benefit of having a third line of Dubi-Arty on the third line, and let's pretend Dubi bounces back for a second, that can easily be a second line. You have a bonafide first line and two second lines. Dubi-Arty-Radulov is a fantastic line, while Kreider-Steps-Radulov leaves me very iffy about their ability to play defense.

That's how the Hawks won the cup. That's how the Kings'll win it too, since Richards and Carter are first liners in tons of places.
Fair enough, I agree.

And i'm drooling over the thought of that 3 lines like that...

Old
06-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Only if you are someone that gets caught up in labels...who gives a crap what order the lines are written on a board or what # you call the pack line...

You can list kreider-stepan-?? 3rd if it makes you feel better

Old
06-09-2012, 06:56 PM
OverTheCap

Having a line of Kreider-Step-X and Dubi-Arty-Cally is like having lines 2A and 2B. Hardly a bad thing, IMO, it means the team would have decent depth at forward.

Old
06-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Leetch3

Quote:

To me that's just semantics, if you keep cally with ck and step and put radulov with dubi and artie then you are still upgrading the bottom 6 by adding another top 6 guy. Just the guy bumped down is the new guy

Old
06-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Leetch3

Double post

Last edited by Leetch3: 06-09-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old
06-09-2012, 07:17 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Cally had 30 goals in the regular season, he's not a 3rd liner.

He also had a subpar playoffs past the last 2 games of the Devs series. That doesn't mean he's not a great second liner.

People on here have massive hard-ons for Ryan Clowe...Callahan is better.

I never said he was a 3rd liner. I said he wasn't a 1st liner (and that should be clear--he got 1st line minutes and put up <60 points). Playing a 2nd liner on the 3rd line isn't an "insult" (or whatever the word was).

Old
06-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Kershaw

Wouldn't Callahan be a 3rd liner on LA and NJ?

Old
06-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Wouldn't Callahan be a 3rd liner on LA and NJ?
No.

LA's 2nd line is Penner-Richards-Carter. Callahan > Penner.

NJ's 2nd line is Sykora-Elias-Zubrus. Callahan > both wingers on that line.

Closed Thread