HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part III) - Is it TC yet?!

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
The facts that i stated.

Read.

Comprehend.

I'll recap. Because the children are having trouble reading.

1- Left Nashville for more money in KHL while under contract.

2- Left KHL while under contract.

3- His rights are being sold for 7+ million to another KHL team. He may leave Nashville yet again, while under contract, for more money, yet again.

His is this hard to understand. Do you need pictures?
I really just don't think you get it. You don't know why he left or may be leaving. Sure, money is a possibility, but maybe he wasn't happy under his coach in Nashville or his coach in the KHL? Maybe he didn't get along with somebody? Maybe he wanted to come back after he had another year to develop?

You show me where he said he left for money and is leaving for money and I'll yield to you, but you're assuming that's why he left and that's only a part of it if at all.

Do you not know what a fact is?

fact[fakt] n.
1.something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
2.something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
3.a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.

Old
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Wow, so much wrong here.

1.) His decision to leave for the KHL had as much to do with homesickness as it did with money. If he had stayed in the NHL, he would be making more money by now. Money couldn't have been the only factor, and if it was... his agent really ****ed that one up.

2.) He is not under contract in the KHL any more than he is in the NHL.

3.) The NHL and KHL have an agreement. There will be no more players signing in either league while under contract in the other.
Someone in the KHL owns his rights. Otherwise someone else wouldn't be buying them.

You call it home sick, others will call it wanting more money.

Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
rfa's are more likely to sign a 1 way deal. don't they have to sign that before july 1st? or maybe the rangers just don't want to risk anything in the open market?

idk initial article says something about the 1st.
RFAs are less likely to sign a 1-way deal, not more. But that has no bearing on this conversation. He will not be signing a 2-way deal. There is no deadline on when a player can sign a 1 or 2 way contract anyway.

July 1st is when teams can start giving him offer sheets. But in order for them to give him an offer sheet that Nashville won't match, they're going to have to drive up the price. At the size contract you'll need to prevent Nashville from matching, you're going to be giving up more assets than if you simply trade for his rights now. That's why teams would try to trade for his rights. It would be cheaper both in contract and in assets. Him becoming an RFA on July 1 isn't really part of that equation.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Someone in the KHL owns his rights. Otherwise someone else wouldn't be buying them.
Someone in the KHL owns his rights. Someone in the NHL owns his rights. He doesn't have a contract in either league. In the KHL, someone is trying to buy his rights. In the NHL, someone is trying to trade for his rights. It's the same thing.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:21 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
And in that context it implies he's comparing the players and their situations.

"Jagr in the middle of a 120 point season...blah blah"

Would imply that Radulov was doing something worth noting such as Jagr's 120 points...

If he knew what the hell he was talking about and how to say it, he wouldn't look illiterate and confrontational.
That wasn't the context at all. Blah Blah isn't what came out of the post, maybe what went into your head though. Seriously, take a deep breath, read your last line and calm down a bit. You are digging a hole, not necessarily regarding your position, but your intelligence level which is much higher than these last few posts.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:21 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
I really just don't think you get it. You don't know why he left or may be leaving. Sure, money is a possibility, but maybe he wasn't happy under his coach in Nashville or his coach in the KHL? Maybe he didn't get along with somebody? Maybe he wanted to come back after he had another year to develop?

You show me where he said he left for money and is leaving for money and I'll yield to you, but you're assuming that's why he left and that's only a part of it if at all.

Do you not know what a fact is?
Your far fetched assumption is more of a reach then him simply wanting to fatten his bank account.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Your far fetched assumption is more of a reach then him simply wanting to fatten his bank account.
exactly. the point is it is an assumption. NOT A FACT. no matter how likely or unlikely it may be. it's not a fact. stop trying to sell it as a fact because you don't want him here or w/e.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:27 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Mark Messier says Marian Gaborik is "10 times the hockey player he was" before coming to the Rangers.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...72680889647104

Quote:
Mark Messier adds Rangers need to add depth scoring but everybody in organization should be proud of the season they just had.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...72803275239424

Torts said the same thing. Scoring depth.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

The guy came over to North America when he was 16 and he barely spent time at home after that. How many kids do you know that would not be homesick after being halfway around the world between ages 16 and 21? So, someone offered him a lot of money. There was no agreement in place between the KHL and NHL regarding the poaching of players under contract. His agent told him it was all good. Off he went.

Anyone who thinks money was the only factor here is fooling themselves. Anyone who thinks money was not a factor at all is fooling themselves just as much.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
"Depth scoring" is not adding a top 6 player. "Depth scoring" refers to the types of names I mentioned earlier in the thread. Jones, Jones, Stempniak, Moss, Doan.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:35 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I don't feel like writing out a super long post, so I'll just post cliff notes of what I would write.

-Parise is staying in Jersey or going out West. He's also going to be making boatloads of money. He's one of my favorite non-Rangers in the league, but I just don't see him coming here.

-I didn't want Nash at the deadline and I still don't want him. A trade for Nash would be disasterous and gut our team. Did I mention the money he makes?

-With both of those things said, this team simply cannot afford to take on another contract that large. Sure, they might be fine financially next season, but what about next offseason? The team has to sign Stepan, McDonagh, Lundqvist, and I think Girardi to new deals. Where would the money come from?

-Radulov is a low risk, high reward scenario. It's simple, you trade him off to a desperate team at the deadline if he sucks or he becomes unpopular in the locker room, or you hold onto him if he pots 60 points for us without much incident. I wouldn't worry about him being a problem in the locker room. If anything, Callahan, G, McTruck, and the hardworking culture of the team will rub off on him, rather than divide the room as some have speculated. If a signed Radulov costs only a 2nd rounder, you have to be all over that.

-The free agent list to add a top 6 forward stinks unless Hudler, Doan, or Whitney can be had. I doubt the Rangers would have a chance at either. So...a trade has to happen.

-Possible targets for a trade: Setoguchi, D. Roy, Malone, C. Stewart. I've spread the Derek Roy love here a couple of times; I think it'd be an absolute coup if the Rangers acquired him. Smallish, but oozes skill this team desperately needs. He basically being run out of Buffalo. Only a year left on his contract with a $4 million cap hit, far more sensible than Nash or Parise. Again, a low risk, high reward scenario.

-I don't understand the David Jones love here. Just because he had one good 27 goal season and then barely potted 20 this past season doesn't make him a bonafide, surefire 20 goal scorer. He's a 2nd/3rd line tweener and would be a nice piece, but this team needs more of an impact player.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:38 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
The guy came over to North America when he was 16 and he barely spent time at home after that. How many kids do you know that would not be homesick after being halfway around the world between ages 16 and 21? So, someone offered him a lot of money. There was no agreement in place between the KHL and NHL regarding the poaching of players under contract. His agent told him it was all good. Off he went.

Anyone who thinks money was the only factor here is fooling themselves. Anyone who thinks money was not a factor at all is fooling themselves just as much.
Money WERE the main factor. He refused to sign the RFA contract he was offerred because he didn't like the number after $ sign. Was he homesick? Probably but if you are honestly thinking it had the same weight as the salary issue - you're kidding yourself.

Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
-I don't understand the David Jones love here. Just because he had one good 27 goal season and then barely potted 20 this past season doesn't make him a bonafide, surefire 20 goal scorer. He's a 2nd/3rd line tweener and would be a nice piece, but this team needs more of an impact player.
That wasn't a long post?

Anyway, the David Jones love is mostly coming from those of us who don't believe the team needs more of an impact player.

Old
Machinehead
Siez and toffnuss!

Quote:
I don't feel like writing out a super long post, so I'll just post cliff notes of what I would write.

-Parise is staying in Jersey or going out West. He's also going to be making boatloads of money. He's one of my favorite non-Rangers in the league, but I just don't see him coming here.

-I didn't want Nash at the deadline and I still don't want him. A trade for Nash would be disasterous and gut our team. Did I mention the money he makes?

-With both of those things said, this team simply cannot afford to take on another contract that large. Sure, they might be fine financially next season, but what about next offseason? The team has to sign Stepan, McDonagh, Lundqvist, and I think Girardi to new deals. Where would the money come from?

-Radulov is a low risk, high reward scenario. It's simple, you trade him off to a desperate team at the deadline if he sucks or he becomes unpopular in the locker room, or you hold onto him if he pots 60 points for us without much incident. I wouldn't worry about him being a problem in the locker room. If anything, Callahan, G, McTruck, and the hardworking culture of the team will rub off on him, rather than divide the room as some have speculated. If a signed Radulov costs only a 2nd rounder, you have to be all over that.

-The free agent list to add a top 6 forward stinks unless Doan or Whitney can be had. I doubt the Rangers would have a chance at either. So...a trade has to happen.

-Possible targets for a trade: Setoguchi, D. Roy, Malone, C. Stewart, Hudler. I've spread the Derek Roy love here a couple of times; I think it'd be an absolute coup if the Rangers acquired him. Smallish, but oozes skill this team desperately needs. He basically being run out of Buffalo. Only a year left on his contract with a $4 million cap hit, far more sensible than Nash or Parise. Again, a low risk, high reward scenario.

Agreed all the way down the line

Old
06-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Money WERE the main factor. He refused to sign the RFA contract he was offerred because he didn't like the number after $ sign. Was he homesick? Probably but if you are honestly thinking it had the same weight as the salary issue - you're kidding yourself.
What? He didn't refuse to sign an RFA contract. He was already under contract. If he wasn't still under contract, the hate for him would be less, even if only marginally.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Lundsanity30

So wait.. no Radulov because his off ice issues, no Nash because of the cap hit and the assets its going to take to get him, no Parise because of the cap hit. So who exactly do you guys recommend we get than to help the scoring? because we need a SCORER not depth. If you add a SCORER, you add depth, because everyone else gets pushed down to the lines they belong at. For instance, Hags is not #1 liner.

Old
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Do you know what the word 'catalyst' means?

Radulov is not a catalyst. Ironically the player you mentioned, Parise, is a catalyst.
Incredibly wrong.

Parise is a guy who helps facilitate offense with his effort to keep plays alive, win 50/50 pucks, etc. But he's not the guy who gets the puck on his stick and makes a quick move to create room and then a scoring chance for himself or a teammate.

That's what Radulov does. He's a catalyst: a person that precipitates an event. Radulov creates scoring chances with his creativity.

Parise can create them with his effort and above average amount of skill, but he's not a guy you think of as a pure CREATOR, like Radulov. Parise is an all-around solid player, like a Callahan, but more skilled and stronger and faster. I'd love Parise on this team, as I've said many times already. But that really doesn't have anything to do with Radulov, who supposedly can be had for a 2nd round pick.

If you're going to continue arguing that Parise is a catalyst and Radulov isn't, I can play semantics all day long, so bring it.

Old
Machinehead
Siez and toffnuss!

Quote:
That wasn't a long post?

Anyway, the David Jones love is mostly coming from those of us who don't believe the team needs more of an impact player.
The David Jones love is coming from people who think this team needs another tackle dummy with limited skill that stands in front of the net and puts in rebounds. We alreayd have Callahan and Dubinsky. This team needs skill, not another net crasher.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:41 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
So wait.. no Radulov because his off ice issues, no Nash because of the cap hit and the assets its going to take to get him, no Parise because of the cap hit. So who exactly do you guys recommend we get than to help the scoring? because we need a SCORER not depth. If you add a SCORER, you add depth, because everyone else gets pushed down to the lines they belong at. For instance, Hags is not #1 liner.
David Jones, haven't you been following this thread?

Old
06-04-2012, 06:41 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The David Jones love is coming from people who think this team needs another tackle dummy with limited skill that stands in front of the net and puts in rebounds. We alreayd have Callahan and Dubinsky. This team needs skill, not another net crasher.
Which is EXACTLY why signing Parise would be a huge mistake IMO.

06-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

-The free agent list to add a top 6 forward stinks unless Hudler, Doan, or Whitney can be had. I doubt the Rangers would have a chance at either. So...a trade has to happen.

-Possible targets for a trade: Setoguchi, D. Roy, Malone, C. Stewart. I've spread the Derek Roy love here a couple of times; I think it'd be an absolute coup if the Rangers acquired him. Smallish, but oozes skill this team desperately needs. He basically being run out of Buffalo. Only a year left on his contract with a $4 million cap hit, far more sensible than Nash or Parise. Again, a low risk, high reward scenario.

I have not read anywhere that Derek Roy is available. That would help us with 2 needs. someone who can add scoring, and a 2nd line C (which would move Stepan down to the 3rd line).

Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This team needs a third line RW badly. At least for the beginning of the year, getting Nash, Radulov, Ryan or anyone else isn't going to address the gap between Callahan and Prust. Potentially, Chris Thomas or anyother prospect could. However, it's still a pretty big hole at the moment.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
David Jones, haven't you been following this thread?

and as I've said, he's fine for a 3rd line guy, but we need a SCORER.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
David Jones.

Yes, seriously.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
This team needs a third line RW badly. At least for the beginning of the year, getting Nash, Radulov, Ryan or anyone else isn't going to address the gap between Callahan and Prust. Potentially, Chris Thomas or anyother prospect could. However, it's still a pretty big hole at the moment.
Not as big a hole as that top line LW spot but we've had this discussion already

Closed Thread