HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2012 CBJ Offseason Part II (Proposals? Speculation? Blog Rumors? Right here.)

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2012, 09:37 AM
EspenK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheRod View Post
The bruins does not have 300K in cap space. So yeah that would give us some room.

Sure but you can now use Mason salary to sign someone else.

I have proposed that deal on the main board and the bruins' board. I'm not getting to much hate for it so value wise I think its pretty fair:

Boston give:
Lucic - Krejci - Thomas

Boston receives:
Nash - Brassard - Mason

What you guys think of it?
Take Brass out and I think it should fly from the Jackets point of view. But Howson probably won't.

Old
07-15-2012, 09:55 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Take Brass out and I think it should fly from the Jackets point of view. But Howson probably won't.
That was my thought, as well, EK, Nash and Mason should be enough from the Jackets side; but I really don't believe the Bruins would trade both Krejci and Lucic in that deal. In fact, I doubt they'd trade Lucic, at all. I think the fans would go crazy.

Old
07-15-2012, 10:39 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
That was my thought, as well, EK, Nash and Mason should be enough from the Jackets side; but I really don't believe the Bruins would trade both Krejci and Lucic in that deal. In fact, I doubt they'd trade Lucic, at all. I think the fans would go crazy.
I agree. And they won't trade Hamilton so I don't know what else they could offer up that would make sense from the Jackets point of view.

Old
07-15-2012, 10:50 AM
AlexTheRod

Quote:
Well if Brassard is out then the deal is a no go from boston perspective.

Thomas for Mason: its a win for CBJ. Worst case you have Thomas you don't need to pay and the salary of Mason is out. Take that money and sign someone elses since Mason is pretty much unwanted on the CBJ roster. For Boston we get a bit of cap space and maybe a backup for Rask if Mason regain is confidence. It's a big ''if'' considering the level of play of Mason last season.

Lucic for Nash: This is the hard part yo gauge. Two player with really different playstyle. I think Nash is overall a better player but he is on a big contract. Both of them are marketable for the fanbase.

Krejci for Brassard: Krejci is better than Brassard. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Brassard is bad, but just not the level of Krejci.

So you get 2 player with playoff experience that are use to 1st line duties. You may get a real good goalie or at worst cap space. and boston get a natural goalscorer a second line centerman and a risky Mason with is contract.

I don't think you can remove a player from this deal. Balance it with picks if you want or some minor tweaks but seems fair to me.

Old
07-15-2012, 11:06 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Well if Brassard is out then the deal is a no go from boston perspective.

Thomas for Mason: its a win for CBJ. Worst case you have Thomas you don't need to pay and the salary of Mason is out. Take that money and sign someone elses since Mason is pretty much unwanted on the CBJ roster. For Boston we get a bit of cap space and maybe a backup for Rask if Mason regain is confidence. It's a big ''if'' considering the level of play of Mason last season.

Lucic for Nash: This is the hard part yo gauge. Two player with really different playstyle. I think Nash is overall a better player but he is on a big contract. Both of them are marketable for the fanbase.

Krejci for Brassard: Krejci is better than Brassard. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Brassard is bad, but just not the level of Krejci.

So you get 2 player with playoff experience that are use to 1st line duties. You may get a real good goalie or at worst cap space. and boston get a natural goalscorer a second line centerman and a risky Mason with is contract.

I don't think you can remove a player from this deal. Balance it with picks if you want or some minor tweaks but seems fair to me.
I think the cap hit would remain with Columbus even if Thomas stays "retired". Anyone?

And the deal without Brass gives Boston cap space, not the Jackets. Jackets would absorb 14 mill and give up 11. With brass in the deal it would be a wash.

Old
07-15-2012, 11:43 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
I have proposed that deal on the main board and the bruins' board. I'm not getting to much hate for it so value wise I think its pretty fair:

Boston give:
Lucic - Krejci - Thomas

Boston receives:
Nash - Brassard - Mason

What you guys think of it?
No thank you. I don't see the point of that. We want to trade Nash to get multiple players who can help us (2 or 3 for 1). That trade does not do that for us.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:24 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
No thank you. I don't see the point of that. We want to trade Nash to get multiple players who can help us (2 or 3 for 1). That trade does not do that for us.
What if Boston added two top prospects (wingers) to that deal? I think I would consider it. Krejci > Brassard. Lucic brings a much different dynamic to the team-grit and he can play. IF Thomas decided to unretire goalie problem solved-at least short term. If not jackets save 3.2 million in cash. Two top prospects help build organizational depth at forward. I think those holding out for a two or three for one that return players that will provide immediate help/improvement are going to wind up being disappointed.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:32 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

It was never that Mason's cap hit is a problem, Its that having him on the roster is a problem. Now, taking on Thomas doesn't solve any problem if he won't suit up for the bluejackets.

The Rick Nash is looking like it could be our last option to realistically try to get another NHL goalie, shipping him and Mason out without acquiring one seems more risky than having to roll with Mason as a starter if Bob goes down with an injury.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:32 PM
candyman82

Quote:
What if Boston added two top prospects (wingers) to that deal? I think I would consider it. Krejci > Brassard. Lucic brings a much different dynamic to the team-grit and he can play. IF Thomas decided to unretire goalie problem solved-at least short term. If not jackets save 3.2 million in cash. Two top prospects help build organizational depth at forward. I think those holding out for a two or three for one that return players that will provide immediate help/improvement are going to wind up being disappointed.
Which two prospects? Dougie Hamilton is out

Old
07-15-2012, 12:39 PM
EspenK

I'm not sure but two of the top 3 or 4 as listed on the HF list

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/boston_bruins/

take the top RW & 2nd LW or vice versa. I'm not that familiar with any of them to say specifically which two but I assume (probably incorrectly) that the organization would know which two.

And taking Thomas gives Boston some cap relief for whoever asked and might entice them to be a bit more giving on the player side.

Old
07-15-2012, 01:23 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
I never said anything about the players having to play next year. My point was that we aren't going to make a 1 for 1, or in this case, 3 for 3 trade. We need to be getting back at least 2 more players/prospects than we are giving up. So, yes, it would work if they added 2 good forward prospects.

Old
07-15-2012, 01:26 PM
EspenK

Quote:
I never said anything about the players having to play next year. My point was that we aren't going to make a 1 for 1, or in this case, 3 for 3 trade. We need to be getting back at least 2 more players/prospects than we are giving up. So, yes, it would work if they added 2 good forward prospects.
Sorry I misunderstood. So now that we agree lets get Boston on the phone.

Old
07-15-2012, 01:40 PM
AlexTheRod

Quote:
My point was that we aren't going to make a 1 for 1, or in this case, 3 for 3 trade. We need to be getting back at least 2 more players/prospects than we are giving up. So, yes, it would work if they added 2 good forward prospects.
2 good forward prospect? Maybe the trade I propose is not what you are looking for and that's fine but adding 2 more prospects would make it a huge win for CBJ.

Old
07-15-2012, 01:56 PM
candyman82

Quote:
2 good forward prospect? Maybe the trade I propose is not what you are looking for and that's fine but adding 2 more prospects would make it a huge win for CBJ.
How so? You clearly get the best player in the deal. I've looked at the Bruins' forward prospects. None of them will ever be a player of Nash's caliber.

Old
07-15-2012, 03:52 PM
AlexTheRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
How so? You clearly get the best player in the deal. I've looked at the Bruins' forward prospects. None of them will ever be a player of Nash's caliber.
Lets forget about the 2 goaltender.
So for you the fair value for Nash and Brassard is Lucic, Krejci and 2 top prospects? I think you are over evaluating Nash, dont you think?

Old
07-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Kranix

If I was Chiarelli I would be willing to trade Krejci, Caron and a 1st round pick for Nash and a pick, but as some people have already suggested, Columbus would also have to take Thomas. Is that a not unthinkable trade?

Old
07-15-2012, 04:29 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightDuck View Post
If I was Chiarelli I would be willing to trade Krejci, Caron and a 1st round pick for Nash and a pick, but as some people have already suggested, Columbus would also have to take Thomas. Is that a not unthinkable trade?
Not unthinkable, but we can get better than that without taking Thomas' contract off of your hands. Caron isn't a good enough prospect, Krecji has never scored more than 23 goals, and the first will likely be late in the round. You make it Spooner and we are closer to the ballpark.

Old
07-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Kranix

Quote:
Not unthinkable, but we can get better than that without taking Thomas' contract off of your hands. Caron isn't a good enough prospect, Krecji has never scored more than 23 goals, and the first will likely be late in the round. You make it Spooner and we are closer to the ballpark.
You mean Krecji, Caron, Spooner and a 1st?

Old
07-15-2012, 04:47 PM
candyman82

Quote:
You mean Krecji, Caron, Spooner and a 1st?
I don't care for Caron, I would much rather go for Jared Knight, but I don't know how valuable he is to the Bruins

Old
07-15-2012, 04:48 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Sorry I misunderstood. So now that we agree lets get Boston on the phone.
That is cool. I probably didn't explain it well.

If only it were that easy.

Old
07-15-2012, 04:57 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Lets forget about the 2 goaltender.
So for you the fair value for Nash and Brassard is Lucic, Krejci and 2 top prospects? I think you are over evaluating Nash, dont you think?
Take Lucic and Brassard out of the trade. I don't know why you even have Brassard in the propsosal.

To Boston:

Nash

To Columbus:

Krejci
Knight
Sauve or Spooner
2013 1st

Old
07-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Kranix

Quote:
Take Lucic and Brassard out of the trade. I don't know why you even have Brassard in the propsosal.

To Boston:

Nash

To Columbus:

Krejci
Knight
Sauve or Spooner
2013 1st
That's expensive but probably the best proposal I've seen. Failry reasonable.

Old
07-15-2012, 05:07 PM
candyman82

Quote:
That's expensive but probably the best proposal I've seen. Failry reasonable.
That is the sort of deal Howson is most likely looking for. All of this crap about him wanting a kings ranson is just that. Crap.

Old
07-15-2012, 07:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

If you are simply looking to dump Mason, I'd love him in Phoenix. We'd probably have to force you to take LaBarbera who is considerably cheaper but might be able to add a few lesser assets to make it worth your while. Maybe something like Jason LaBarbera, one of David Schlemko or Maxim Goncharov, Viktor Tikhonov if you'd like him, and either a 4th, 5th, or 6th round pick. Some package of long shots (Schlemko really is a very solid player and not a long shot at all).

Anything there, you think?

Old
07-15-2012, 07:45 PM
blahblah

Quote:
That is the sort of deal Howson is most likely looking for. All of this crap about him wanting a kings ranson is just that. Crap.
buwahaha

Closed Thread