HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leland Irving

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2012, 12:33 AM
  #1
drewskiv
Registered User
 
drewskiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 564
vCash: 50
Leland Irving

Just wondering the value for Irving. I'm 90% sure he will be traded by the draft. I belive he is still one of the top young goalies out there he just wont get a chance now that the Flames have Ramo. Who will be the starter for the Flames in 3 years. After Kipper is gone.

drewskiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:41 AM
  #2
NuxFan09
Registered User
 
NuxFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,286
vCash: 500
If I were Jay Feaster I would not be dealing Irving. He's taken a long development path but most of the time that is a good thing and par for the course with goalies. He had a great season in the AHL and looked above average during his cup of coffee stint with the Flames this year. If he continues to improve in the AHL next year then he is Kiprusoff's successor, for sure.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:59 AM
  #3
Some Other Flame
Registered User
 
Some Other Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Since Ramo has another year on his contract in the KHL and isn't expected to come over this year and the Flames have all but anointed Irving as the backup for next season, this thread makes absolutely no sense.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:04 AM
  #4
drewskiv
Registered User
 
drewskiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 564
vCash: 50
If u read what i wrote u will see i said ramo will take over in three years doesnt mean karlsson gets another year as back up

drewskiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:16 AM
  #5
Some Other Flame
Registered User
 
Some Other Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiv View Post
If u read what i wrote u will see i said ramo will take over in three years doesnt mean karlsson gets another year as back up
So . . . the Flames will trade Irving, won't have Ramo since he isn't coming over just yet, and won't have Karlsson as the back-up for next season because he's going to disappear. Who's going to be the backup then?

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:19 AM
  #6
drewskiv
Registered User
 
drewskiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 564
vCash: 50
Karlsson is still under contract for next season for 850k so we just throw that cap space away

drewskiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:28 AM
  #7
Some Other Flame
Registered User
 
Some Other Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiv View Post
Karlsson is still under contract for next season for 850k so we just throw that cap space away
Yeah, I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Is it Karlsson's already under contract so the Flames are just going to roll with him. In which case, I refer you back to my first post in which I stated the Flames' brass, when the games still mattered, chose to recall Irving from the Heat and have him start over Karlsson because they felt Irving gave them a better chance to win.

Or is it that even though Karlsson's under contract, they're going to throw him away? Throw his cap hit away? In anycase, then the question is, who is the Flames back up for next season?

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:31 AM
  #8
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
the only way Irving is not a member of the Flames next season is if Ramo gets out of his KHL contract (which it sounds like the Flames are working on) and Irving goes to Europe after declining his qualifying offer.

But irregardless the Flames will still own his rights. Irving will not be traded unless there is some team willing to massively overpay.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:09 AM
  #9
drewskiv
Registered User
 
drewskiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 564
vCash: 50
What would be an over payment???? A late 1st or 3/4 dman or a top prospect.

drewskiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:19 AM
  #10
drewskiv
Registered User
 
drewskiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 564
vCash: 50
To answer the question about when wins matter hopefuly this team can safely be a playoff spots so win wouldnt matter as much. Also knowing our back up is only going to play 10-15 game we really need him to do is go 500 and that would be fine. Karlsson can go 500 and be less of a cap hit.

So next year tandum would be Kipper/Karlsson
year after Kipper / Ramo
third year Ramo / ? But have 3 years to solve that problem

drewskiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:02 AM
  #11
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiv View Post
What would be an over payment???? A late 1st or 3/4 dman or a top prospect.
I would say a mid-1st at worst or a top prospect (I mean TOP prospect), when it comes to roster players it would have to be on a player by player basis.

But I highly doubt any team will offer anything like that for Irving and he will be apart of the Flames organization for a while. In fact I think they are hoping in 2-3 years it will be Ramo and Irving splitting duties.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:30 AM
  #12
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,827
vCash: 50
a good draft pick or prospect, he'd do well for OKC.


Last edited by lakai17: 06-05-2012 at 04:00 AM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:31 AM
  #13
drewskiv
Registered User
 
drewskiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 564
vCash: 50
The reason i see him moving is because they dont want or need three goalies in the NHL. Niether Ramo or Irving will take 2way deal and we probly will still have Kipper. If Irving gets traded it solves a problem and it shows the organization will be commited to Ramo. So he would want to leave the KHL to be a starter like he wants. In three years

drewskiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:41 AM
  #14
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
7fh round draft pick, he'd do well for OKC.
is this crap really needed?

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:48 AM
  #15
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiv View Post
The reason i see him moving is because they dont want or need three goalies in the NHL. Niether Ramo or Irving will take 2way deal and we probly will still have Kipper. If Irving gets traded it solves a problem and it shows the organization will be commited to Ramo. So he would want to leave the KHL to be a starter like he wants. In three years
What you are saying makes no sense.

Notice you use words like "probably"? that is reason enough not to move Irving.

Irving's qualifying offer is a 2way deal worth $660,000 IIRC, the Flames will definitely give him this. Irving likely will decline the QO making him a restricted free agent this summer. There has already been speculation Irving will look at playing overseas if he is not given a 1way contract. My thoughts are let him go, let him go to Europe for 2 years and continue developing as we will continue to hold his rights until 2015.

Let him come back to North America in 2 years (or sooner if he accepts his QO). By then Kiprusoff's contract will be done and Ramo will have at least a year back in the NHL .

If we can not get Ramo out of his contract in the KHL, then we can either run with Karlsson or pick up a UFA backup (lord knows there is alot of them).

Look at that, simple solutions without trading away the guy who IMO is our #2 prospect.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:36 AM
  #16
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
I don't think Ramo will come over until Kipper is gone. He has stated he wants a legit shot at a #1 job. It's basically why the Habs let him go.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:47 AM
  #17
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiv View Post
Just wondering the value for Irving. I'm 90% sure he will be traded by the draft. I belive he is still one of the top young goalies out there he just wont get a chance now that the Flames have Ramo. Who will be the starter for the Flames in 3 years. After Kipper is gone.
There is no way the Flames should put all their eggs in Ramo's basket. While playing great in the KHL it's completely unknown how he'll do in the NHL. Flames are better off letting Irving and Ramo run as a tandem once Kipper is moved or retires.

Irving has shown alot more at the NHL level so far then Ramo has from his stints in TB.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:09 AM
  #18
LotteryForLife*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
a ham sandwich

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:42 AM
  #19
flamesfan5
Registered User
 
flamesfan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
I don't think Ramo will come over until Kipper is gone. He has stated he wants a legit shot at a #1 job. It's basically why the Habs let him go.
He actually stated that he wants to play with Kipper. So your statement is incorrect.

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:46 AM
  #20
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan5 View Post
He actually stated that he wants to play with Kipper. So your statement is incorrect.
So he's changed his tune then. But it is inconsistent with his past statements while Habs property. Could be that he sees an opportunity to take over in a year or two, whereas in Montreal Price is likely there more long term than Kipper in Calgary.

Too be honest, I think in the end, he might end up being the best asset in that Cammaleri trade. Really liked the kid and was really hoping he would join the Habs.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:01 AM
  #21
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Irving stole the backup job from Karlsson he will be the backup next year. There is no way they trade him after putting so much time into developing him. I will avatar bet you that he doesn't get traded.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:10 AM
  #22
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,972
vCash: 681
the flames arent trading leland irving. why would they?

Haatley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:27 AM
  #23
drewskiv
Registered User
 
drewskiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 564
vCash: 50
Pass on the avatar bet i like mine too much lol

drewskiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:05 AM
  #24
SickHandsNoShot
Registered User
 
SickHandsNoShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
What you are saying makes no sense.

Notice you use words like "probably"? that is reason enough not to move Irving.

Irving's qualifying offer is a 2way deal worth $660,000 IIRC, the Flames will definitely give him this. Irving likely will decline the QO making him a restricted free agent this summer. There has already been speculation Irving will look at playing overseas if he is not given a 1way contract. My thoughts are let him go, let him go to Europe for 2 years and continue developing as we will continue to hold his rights until 2015.
Let him come back to North America in 2 years (or sooner if he accepts his QO). By then Kiprusoff's contract will be done and Ramo will have at least a year back in the NHL .

If we can not get Ramo out of his contract in the KHL, then we can either run with Karlsson or pick up a UFA backup (lord knows there is alot of them).

Look at that, simple solutions without trading away the guy who IMO is our #2 prospect.
I don't think Irving would go to Europe. The guy just had his first child, was shown by the orginization that he was 2nd on the depth chart with all the call ups. I really just can't see him going over-seas with a new-born at home and a chance to play in the NHL. But thats just my opinion.

SickHandsNoShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:08 AM
  #25
Devilspuppet666
Registered User
 
Devilspuppet666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 250
hes not gonna be gone... feasters looking for depth and right now it looks like irving, or ramo is gonna replace kipper when hes gone... then one of them will be traded.

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.