HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Jackets Need Goalies

Old
06-05-2012, 01:28 AM
redwings8831

vCash: 500
They already have one.

redwings8831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:33 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Howson was caught asleep at the wheel when Pittsburgh snatched up Vokoun for a 7th rounder, how is this guy still a GM?!?!

Harding AND make a deal for Lindback. Have them split 50/50.

Lindback for Brassard & 3rd should get it done.

You mean like Vokoun?
Think Vokoun would have resigned in CBJ like he did in Pittsburgh prior to Free Agency? I don't. He's 35, and is probably looking for that Cup now. Which is why he signed for 2 years to be a backup in Pittsburgh. He wouldn't have come to CBJ to look for a cup.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:40 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

we should have a sticky thread with a list of all available (or rumored available) #1 goalies

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:44 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
What ever happens, I'd like to see Mason end up in Phoenix. Burke did wonders with Smith.
This Phoenix fan agrees whole heartedly. LaBarbera has not been good. I think with Burke and Smith guiding him, Mason could have a great turn around playing for Tippett in Phoenix.

06-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Devilspuppet666

i dont get why people hate mason soo much hes young, still learning the ropes. i wouldn't be surprised to see a team like NJ pick him up cheap and make him an all-star, i still have alot of faith in him.

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
i dont get why people hate mason soo much hes young, still learning the ropes. i wouldn't be surprised to see a team like NJ pick him up cheap and make him an all-star, i still have alot of faith in him.

Mason is like a box of chocolates...

... you never know what you're going to get.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiv View Post
Irving for a 2nd or 3rd
**** no!, jesus stop trying to pawn off our top goaltending prospect because you have an issue with the team have goaltending depth

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:50 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Howson needed to get a goalie in CBJ last year, but he wasn't smart enough to do this. Mason should've been in the AHL last year to at least try get a confidence boost, now you are in the same spot with him.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Mason is like a box of chocolates...

... you never know what you're going to get.
Nah, for the most part you know you need to score at least 4 goals to win when he is in net.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Halpysback

It will totally be Gustavsson

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings8831 View Post
They already have one.

The funny thing is, after those three minutes played in the final game of the season, folks here seem to have completely forgotten about Hunwick, as though he ceased to exist or something.

And even daring to mention that Steve Mason could be fine as the backup will get you tarred and feathered, with crazy posts along the lines of "but what if our starter is injured?", as though every team in the NHL carries two #1 starters or something.

Basically, any answer in goal is apparently acceptable to the naysayers of the Blue Jackets fanbase, as long as they were never associated with the organization this past season (with Sanford being the sole exception). This is why trading for Ben Bishop or Cedrick Desjardins would be a fantastic acquisition to bring life into this team but resigning Mark Dekanich would be a hideous g-dawful failure and cost the Jackets more STHs.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
What ever happens, I'd like to see Mason end up in Phoenix. Burke did wonders with Smith.
Yours for a 2013 4th?

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Howson was caught asleep at the wheel when Pittsburgh snatched up Vokoun for a 7th rounder, how is this guy still a GM?!?!

Harding AND make a deal for Lindback. Have them split 50/50.

Lindback for Brassard & 3rd should get it done.

You mean like Vokoun?
CBJ beat writer claims no interest in Vokoun last year or this year. He's coming off an injury and sounds like he wanted to play for a winner. As for your Nashville deal... no chance. Lindback for Ottawa's 2nd. Brassard isn't getting moved for Lindback let alone add a 3rd.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
The funny thing is, after those three minutes played in the final game of the season, folks here seem to have completely forgotten about Hunwick, as though he ceased to exist or something.

And even daring to mention that Steve Mason could be fine as the backup will get you tarred and feathered, with crazy posts along the lines of "but what if our starter is injured?", as though every team in the NHL carries two #1 starters or something.

Basically, any answer in goal is apparently acceptable to the naysayers of the Blue Jackets fanbase, as long as they were never associated with the organization this past season (with Sanford being the sole exception). This is why trading for Ben Bishop or Cedrick Desjardins would be a fantastic acquisition to bring life into this team but resigning Mark Dekanich would be a hideous g-dawful failure and cost the Jackets more STHs.
To be fair, Hunwick didn't even make one save. He really has no business in the NHL. He lists at 5'7" but that's probably being generous (I think he's closer to 5'5")

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

Desjardins is an UFA and Dex should be resigned.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:19 PM
FANonymous

Quote:

So you're advocating Hunwick as the CBJ #1 and Mason as the #2 goaltender?

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kader View Post
Has anybody considered the Islanders sending one of their many goaltender prospects, along with their first overall pick this year, to the Blue Jackets for the CBJ first round pick?

Not sure what the Islanders gain by moving up, but they have a ton of goalie prospects.
I had suggested this on the CBJ board. Nilsson and #4 for #2. Not sure that works for the Isles but that would start to help with our goaltending depth. Biggest challenge for the CBJ is going into the season with an unproven starter. There needs to be a veteran not named Sieve Mason (see what I did there. ). I reallly like the Isles goaltending depth. Better get one early because I think the value only goes up.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
So what's up with Mason?

available?
Very! Kulemin available? He's terrible right.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:24 PM
JMFJcbj

Given all of the options available I actually want Luongo depending on what Vancouver is asking. Luongo is great but the contract at his age is scary. This way the jackets can draft a few goalies to develop while Luongo plays 5-7 years as the starter.

JMFJcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
You clearly haven't seen many CBJ games. about 2/3 of the way through his rookie year teams figured him out. He thought he was "the man" and decided training and listening to coaches was a bad idea. He's been brutal for almost three years now. THREE YEARS!

He would be awesome on your team though so if you send us a 2nd we'll make sure he arrives safely.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:33 PM
FANonymous

I still think Mason could be a solid goaltender someday. I just don't think it can happen in Columbus. He seems to be in desperate need of a wakeup call and nothing the CBJ has done so far has provided it. I think tossing him out on his rump may just be the thing that makes it click for him. Unfortunately there's no way to do that and still keep him.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:

And? Hunwick is a great story but he needs to earn a contract. Let him sign a two-way and start in the ECHL. I'd love to see him do what he did at Michigan all over again but why should he be on such a pedestal?

As for Mason, let him earn his spot too. Personally, I hate his attitude and the fact this kid has talent but no head. I don't see how you can change the lockerroom culture and have Sieve Mason remain as part of the team. If you can't move him, let him challenge for a spot but if he doesn't earn it, waivers it is. I'm in the minority but I think you buy him out. Saves money and moves a terrible team cancer.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:51 PM
HockeyRX

Schneider, Booth, Raymond, 1st

for

Nash

HockeyRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRX View Post

for

Nash
Overpayment from Vancouver's point of view.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
So you're advocating Hunwick as the CBJ #1 and Mason as the #2 goaltender?
Hardly. I'd rather have Mason as the backup, York, Dekanich and Hunwick in the AHL and/or ECHL, and whatever starter-quality guy we can get our hands on as the starter. (Harding might work.) Recall that a significant portion of this discussion had to do with getting guys for the AHL.

Wouldn't mind swapping Mason's and Dekanich's places on the depth chart either, but I'm not sure if we can safely waive him. (Of course, that's not going to be a consideration for the Mason Is Tainted With Horrible Failure crowd, but, well, y'know.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRX View Post

for

Nash
I might go for that, but I don't think Vancouver would.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote