HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v19: off-season '12 - Landry Fields agrees to offer sheet (3 years, 19 million)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 03:02 PM
mpleafan

vCash: 500
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44434

Chat with ESPN NBA Analyst. A few questions on Nash. Nothing new, just figured id post it.

Old
07-02-2012, 05:15 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ks-sources-say

Nets have apparently reached an agreement to acquire Joe Johnson from Atlanta for Anthony Morrow, Jordan Farmar, Jordan Williams, DeShawn Stevenson, Johan Petro, and a 1st rounder. This is dependant on Deron Williams remaining in Brooklyn. It apparently also puts them out of the running for Dwight Howard since they have only a small # of assets left.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
07-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ks-sources-say

Nets have apparently reached an agreement to acquire Joe Johnson from Atlanta for Anthony Morrow, Jordan Farmar, Jordan Williams, DeShawn Stevenson, Johan Petro, and a 1st rounder. This is dependant on Deron Williams remaining in Brooklyn. It apparently also puts them out of the running for Dwight Howard since they have only a small # of assets left.
lol Deron Williams, Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson? Overrated treadmill team for years. Also Dwight 'Superbaby' Howard is gonna be pissed. Crash, Johnson and Williams is a huge cap hit and they won't be able to afford him. The only way he goes there is on an MLE. Ha ha... Come uppance.

Last edited by Hyperglide: 07-02-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old
07-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Nazem Bozak

**** billy king.

Old
07-02-2012, 05:45 PM
trellaine201

How do nba teams make these 5 for 1 trades? How do they fill out the roster??? I just don't get it. And teams are competitive. Weird.

Old
07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
KesselPhaneufTML

Nets are a joke of a franchise right now.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselPhaneufTML View Post
Nets are a joke of a franchise right now.
Terrible contracts for sure, but assuming they can sigh Deron that's a pretty decent starting lineup on paper if you ask me.

Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Kris Humphries
Brook Lopez

07-02-2012, 06:02 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleafan View Post
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44434

Chat with ESPN NBA Analyst. A few questions on Nash. Nothing new, just figured id post it.
one of the guys in that chat is Geroy Simon from Johnston, PA. He asks about the 13 draft class.

I wonder if it's really him.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
How do nba teams make these 5 for 1 trades? How do they fill out the roster??? I just don't get it. And teams are competitive. Weird.
1) I think you can sign guys for the minimum without regard for the cap. Or something like that. So they can give 90% of their salary cap figure to 4 or 5 guys and then sign 8 scrubs.

2) Smaller rosters and the style of game put increased focus on individual players and the impact they can have. 1 hockey player plays like 1/4 to 1/3 of the game unless they're a goalie. One basketball player will often be out there for 40+ minutes if he's important enough and can avoid foul problems.

I don't like what it's doing to the league, but it's doable.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
lol Deron Williams, Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson? Overrated treadmill team for years. Also Dwight 'Superbaby' Howard is gonna be pissed. Crash, Johnson and Williams is a huge cap hit and they won't be able to afford him. The only way he goes there is on an MLE. Ha ha... Come uppance.
I almost hate Howard more than LeBron now. Dwight apparently whined that he feels like the Magic "blackmailed" him into picking up his contract option for this year. And this is after he threw SVG under the bus to ownership. such a whiny little brat.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
I almost hate Howard more than LeBron now. Dwight apparently whined that he feels like the Magic "blackmailed" him into picking up his contract option for this year. And this is after he threw SVG under the bus to ownership. such a whiny little brat.
Who knows anymore? I took this from RealGM's Wiretap. One thing I agree with is he is a whiny little brat and an attention ***** to boot.

Quote:
Dwight Howard’s name has been associated with many things this season. The association, however, has been opposite of the wholesome, fun-loving superstar that was formerly one of the NBA’s most popular players. Howard has been recently been labeled a quitter, diva, coach-killer, and most recently a victim of “blackmail.”

Howard, who is currently in Los Angeles rehabbing from back surgery, has remained quiet throughout the various stages of reports. But the six-time All-Star decided that reports alleging “blackmail” was something that required an immediate response.

"I never used the word 'blackmail' in reference to any of my dealings with the Magic,” Howard told RealGM. “And I never said the Magic blackmailed me.”

Howard is vehemently denying an ESPN report that he told people the Magic “blackmailed” him into signing his opt-in clause on March 15. While that report is the current headline-grabber, Howard has been the subject of numerous reports quoting unnamed sources that have placed him several unfavorable situations this season.

Fans and players have closely followed the drama-filled situation in Orlando. Many have grown tired of Howard’s perceived immaturity and me-first mentality they believe ruined the season for the Magic. Howard, however, has grown tired of the numerous reports being published. They are creating a negative perception around him that he feels is unwarranted and untrue.

Howard is challenging reporters to use facts and sources that are willing to go on the record and stand behind their claims, not the unnamed sources that are offering one side of a story.

“I'm tired of reporters using 'sources' to print inaccurate and defamatory stories about me,” said Howard. “It is past time for these reporters to quote their sources. Especially since what is being printed is not true and damages my reputation every day."

Howard had no comment on the reports that he’s requested a trade to the Brooklyn Nets, choosing to focus only on the report that is claiming he was duped into signing the opt-in clause. Howard vowed to address the fans and media when the time is right.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
KesselPhaneufTML

Quote:
I hate Dwight about 10x more than Lebron now. He's pretty much destroyed his reputation, and is nothing more than a little bratty bi tch.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselPhaneufTML View Post
I hate Dwight about 10x more than Lebron now. He's pretty much destroyed his reputation, and is nothing more than a little bratty bi tch.
Yea I never liked the guy but there is no doubting he is good at what he does. But I am so sick of these guys trying to create these super teams and dictating where they want to play, suck it up and play the game your getting millions of dollars a year to play.

I hate seeing what the league has become. Jordan didn't need to go out and get a Karl Malone, or David Robinson to go along with Scotty Pippen who was more of a wing man then a super star himself. The lakers tried it in 2003, Malone, Payton, Shaq, Kobe, Grant, Fox, Fisher. That was a team that I was surprised didn't win it all. Crazy good roster.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:20 PM
mpleafan

Quote:
one of the guys in that chat is Geroy Simon from Johnston, PA. He asks about the 13 draft class.

I wonder if it's really him.
hahahahah. thatd be awesome

Old
07-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Atlanta traded Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris.

Sounds like Atlanta wants to offer Horford + Teague + for Dwight Howard.

Howard and Josh Smith are apparently BFF.

07-02-2012, 08:06 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post

That's a decent trade for the Hawks. Williams sucks and Harris is a decent PG if you don't care that he's a score-first guard. He'll work well with Smith because he can run, but I don't think he's the right kind of PG to get the most out of Howard's limited offensive skillset.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Buckleys

would Ersan Ilyasova be a good pick up? he seems like he would be a great fit, havent' seen much admittedly but he seems like he plays hard and not shy of contact, very talented and quite young to fit our group moving forward big guy for the small forward position. If we got Nash that would be a very talented group.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:42 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
would Ersan Ilyasova be a good pick up? he seems like he would be a great fit, havent' seen much admittedly but he seems like he plays hard and not shy of contact, very talented and quite young to fit our group moving forward big guy for the small forward position. If we got Nash that would be a very talented group.
We're kind of loaded up on PFs right now (Davis, Bargnani, Amir). I think that Nash would have a huge positive impact on Bargnani too.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Quote:

Ilyasova is good pick up if we got rid of Bargnani.

He's not the scorer that AB is but he does have 3 point range on his shot, he is also a decent defender and rebounder as well as he isn't allergic to using the back to the basket.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
We're kind of loaded up on PFs right now (Davis, Bargnani, Amir). I think that Nash would have a huge positive impact on Bargnani too.
I thought he played more small forward than anything, thats why I suggested it. Oops.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Free agent Nicolas Batum has reportedly narrowed his choices down to the Timberwolves and Blazers, and has postponed all future visits.

http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingbl...56&feedID=5212

Old
07-02-2012, 09:23 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
I thought he played more small forward than anything, thats why I suggested it. Oops.
he's played SF, but really he's better suited to the 4.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Kb21

wish we could of thrown money at batum. over the last few seasons he has become a good 3pt shooter with great defense to back it up. if we had him it would certainly plug up the hole in SF and a 3pt shooter.

also if D-will resigns with the nets it will be a big mistake. they may have a playoff team but nothing the heat will not easily demolish. IMO he should of signed with dallas already, the ability to play with dirk, terry, rick carlisle and having mark cuban as your owner/GM is a dream IMO.

Last edited by Kb21: 07-02-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old
07-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post

No need. The can keep Horford and Teague and just sign Dwight next season. That's why they moved Johnson and Williams to free up cap space.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
He is a SF.

Closed Thread