HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF Gm#3, 6/4/12: KINGS rout DEVILS, 4-0 Lead series 3-0 ... JUST 1 MORE !!!!

Old
06-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
listening to the post game show and Kevin Weekes, he really is right about there being no weakness, aside from the fact everyone is playing in the perfect spot and up to potential, and the perfect mix of vets with young guys, a physical team that isnt a goon show, when you just look at the roster, wow.

We have Simon ****ing Gagne playing on the 4th line because he has no chance of beating out the 3 wingers ahead of him at the moment

We have Clifford and Richardson, 2 guys who most teams in the league would love to have in their bottom 6, healthy scratched. We have a 2nd line who would be the top line on a bunch of teams, hell our 2nd line RW would be a #1 centre on a lot of teams. Our bottom defensive pairing would be the 2nd pairing on a lot of teams. You could even argue that any of our pairings would be the #1 pairing for NJ. We have a guy who was picked as the best goalie prospect in the league unable to get any games.

I have never actually realised how incredibly stacked this roster is, its pretty crazy. 7 losses since getting Carter and i dont see that changing

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Kings were having to put out fires right before that goal happened, I can see how it would be deflating. Last I checked though, no one has ever won a playoff game scoring 0 goals.
Check again.

Nope, you're right.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:57 AM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I am dumbfounded - I can't believe that this team has been so dominant after being rather ordinary during the regular season.

One win away from a 39 year old dream for me.
I just can't believe this... just can't believe it.... I remember when we got Carter and we said... so what happens now?

Well, one win away buddy! I hope we sweep these guys..... Set a record and win it at home....

LA deserves this....

ReverseSweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
We could need a 3rd line center..

It was just damn funny. Some of us were like booo...uh yay? Huh...Al Michaels? Big cheer for him. He lives and dies with the Kings, just like the rest of us.
I hope we DX him at the end of game 4 like they did with Mike Tyson, lol.

Just rip off his Devils jersey to reveal a Kings jersey underneath.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:05 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

lol 9am and still havn't gone to sleep, just still in a weird state of disbelief that this ragtag group are somehow 1 win away

terrible captain - all hype - Mr. Glass
fat and lazy - drunk #1 - drunk #2
worst 13 game callup ever - more minor penalties than points - not Giroux
will never play again - will be waived when healthy - not Ted

overpaid and overrated - overpaid for what he does
no heart russian - scrambled brain
can't replace Johnson - no hockey IQ

Mr Softie
next lolbarbera

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Random thoughts:

I told my son after the 1st period that the Devils were doing it to us again; their relentless forecheck really is something to behold.

I knew we had a "breakout" game left in us, not sure if game 3 is it or not...after all, it was scoreless for half the game. I didn't think Brodeur really played that badly at all, two goals were really snap-redirected-passes that Brodeur had no chance on.

As much as I hate to admit it, the first goal was a blown call by the ref. Should not have counted. Then again, the linesman blew two offsides against the Kings that gave us an outnumbered attack each time, and also missed the goalie interference call against Quick.

Power play advantage 12 to 4 in three games, I know Devils are playing disciplined but I think that is too wide a margin, really. Sutter is right to play the officials for game 4 as he did in tonight's post-game conference.

Seeing Simon Gagne out on the fourth line cannot be making the Devils very happy at this point in time. I thought he played well in his first game back.

Someone commented they never heard the Staples crowd louder...but I am going to disagree. Game 4 against St. Louis was louder than tonight. Perhaps we can make up for it on Wednesday.

And last but not least: Chazz Reinhold's playoff beard is approaching a Dustin Penner-type level.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:54 AM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Can't sleep. Was at the game today and it was electric. Seeing the Kopitar goal live was the highlight I'll remember most I think. 1 more win.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:00 AM
riseandfall9

Does anyone know if the Kings will be around Toyota Sports Center tomorrow? And if so what time are they around?

Have a friend from Canada that wants to go to the Rink. I cant go cause of work but I would like to give him the info.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:23 AM
the beat
cursum perficio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Listen *******...get the **** out of here and go fu....

Oh sorry. That's my regular reaction to Canuck fans. Thanks buddy. Come back any time!
Completely off topic, but I noticed your UN is Maynard, and your avatar is a drum kit. I'm going to assume you're a drummer that is also a Tool fan, in which case *high-five* me too. I have a Sonor Ascent, Danny's exact cymbal setup and some Tool covers on Youtube. Anyways, carry on.

the beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:27 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

It's gotta suck to be Ryan Smyth right about now.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:31 AM
the beat
cursum perficio

Working night shift right now, listening to Coast to Coast AM (UFO's, conspiracies, etc radio show based in LA) and George Noory just gave a shout out to the Kings. W00t!

the beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:35 AM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
It's gotta suck to be Ryan Smyth right about now.
And to some extent Brad Richards and Kovalchuk...especially Kovalchuk.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:37 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
And to some extent Brad Richards and Kovalchuk...especially Kovalchuk.
Those guys were never Kings.

Yet Ryan Smyth asked to be traded away from this team And he'll never win a Cup. What a burn.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:44 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Those guys were never Kings.

Yet Ryan Smyth asked to be traded away from this team And he'll never win a Cup. What a burn.
Thank you to Ryan Smyth for making a lot of things happen. The Kings were able to use that cap space to acquire Jeff Carter. Little did we know that the return for Smyth would provide a big impact on the fourth line as a hard working and grinding center who solidified an energy line that never had an identity in the past. Smyth asking to be dealt to Edmonton was one of the best things to this organization.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:56 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

This is random. But doughty is absolutely top tier form. Beauty pass to Williams for the goal. Doughty in top form, this might be biased, but I don't see anyone being better than him or close to it. Doughty is just astonishing.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:37 AM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Thank you to Ryan Smyth for making a lot of things happen. The Kings were able to use that cap space to acquire Jeff Carter. Little did we know that the return for Smyth would provide a big impact on the fourth line as a hard working and grinding center who solidified an energy line that never had an identity in the past. Smyth asking to be dealt to Edmonton was one of the best things to this organization.
No kidding. He had a big goal in the the first SCF game and he was all smiles after that. Not bad for a guy who many thought wouldnt see much time after being injured to start the season.

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Nice to know all of us won't be alone in the emotions that will be shown on Wednesday if the boys can close it out on home ice. It will be a bit like this commercial.

This still feels so surreal, they are one game away. I still feel like I am going to wake up and it's March and we're fighting to get in.

This has been magical, Quick's performance is one of the best I have seen in my years of following any sport. When was the last time anyone was so dominant?

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:55 AM
sueroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

Someone commented they never heard the Staples crowd louder...but I am going to disagree. Game 4 against St. Louis was louder than tonight. Perhaps we can make up for it on Wednesday.
I am not in a position to compare as I can only watch on the Tv, but it was pretty freakin loud in there last night. The commentators on cbc just had to stop talking the last minute as there was no point. I am sure if they take it Wednesday the crowd will blow the roof off the place. Lets hope for a home win for the Kings fans!

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:56 AM
damacles1156

I can't believe how bitter some other teams fan's are.... I mean no one was really angry the Bruins won, or the Hawks.....Why is everyone so mad the Kings have played so well ?

It's not like the Kings are some dynasty that crushes everyone every year(Redwings/Devils of late 90's)...
It's just so weird...

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:09 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I can't believe how bitter some other teams fan's are.... I mean no one was really angry the Bruins won, or the Hawks.....Why is everyone so mad the Kings have played so well ?

It's not like the Kings are some dynasty that crushes everyone every year(Redwings/Devils of late 90's)...
It's just so weird...
Haters gonna hate my friend.

I guess because they have been just so dominant throughout the playoffs, you cannot argue with 15-2 and all they amazing stats they have compiled up to this point. It's similar and possibly better compared to what the Oilers did in some of their Cup runs in the 80's.

Has anyone seen Kovy this series? geesh. Glad we didn't sign him. Actually, I think I saw him on the back of a milk carton this morning.

kovacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:15 AM
bral
Go Kings!

Goodtimes, goodtimes.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:24 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikitas donut View Post
Ha ha, yeah. It does feel pretty good to clinch a series on someone else's ice. But still, while the Hawks winning in Philly was awesome, winning it back here woulda been nuts.

Hope you guys take it home. Watching your team win is one of the greatest feelings. The Staples Center will be so loud if the Kings can close them out in game 4.
Hahahaha that Patrick Kane OT winner was probably one of the most awkward in sports history, cheering alone at center ice but it was epic. Definitely one that people will always remember

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:49 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
listening to the post game show and Kevin Weekes, he really is right about there being no weakness, aside from the fact everyone is playing in the perfect spot and up to potential, and the perfect mix of vets with young guys, a physical team that isnt a goon show, when you just look at the roster, wow.

We have Simon ****ing Gagne playing on the 4th line because he has no chance of beating out the 3 wingers ahead of him at the moment

We have Clifford and Richardson, 2 guys who most teams in the league would love to have in their bottom 6, healthy scratched. We have a 2nd line who would be the top line on a bunch of teams, hell our 2nd line RW would be a #1 centre on a lot of teams. Our bottom defensive pairing would be the 2nd pairing on a lot of teams. You could even argue that any of our pairings would be the #1 pairing for NJ. We have a guy who was picked as the best goalie prospect in the league unable to get any games.

I have never actually realised how incredibly stacked this roster is, its pretty crazy. 7 losses since getting Carter and i dont see that changing
Know what's also cool to think about?

Players whose cap hit goes up next season (ie new contract kicks in): None
Players whose contracts end this season: King (RFA), Penner, Stoll, Parse, Fraser

This isn't a Chicago-style load up on depth for one year situation, this team can be kept together!

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

And last but not least: Chazz Reinhold's playoff beard is approaching a Dustin Penner-type level.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
So..here's a quick couple of questions for all you Kings fans, especially the long term guys.

How do you like it? Getting excited yet?

As a guy who has lived in Edmonton since 1978, the year before the Oil came to town, I really feel happy for you guys, although it's not done....yet!

How has the Staples Center been regarding noise and positive erergy? How does it compare to some of the basketball playoffs feeling of the past?

It's like living in a different world, isn't it.

You're finally going to understand why Oiler fans are sometimes smug in their 5 cup wins...it's a different beast.

BTW: How are yo liking Carter, and Richards so far...I knew you guys would do well with those additions, they were awesome for Philly in previous playoffs.

Here 's to Wednesday's victory. Hope there is no rioting.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote