HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

anyone going to watch outside of staples?

Old
06-05-2012, 01:23 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
So... I'm really wondering what the odds are that there will be enough knuckleheads out there to start a riot.

Judging from some of the people that showed up last night I'd say it's certainly possible.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by major frank burns View Post
This is all I've been able to dig up. I don't know if all of their concerns would apply here too

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,157276
If it doesn't violate NBC's agreement with the NHL, CBC has no issue with it. I know CBC always does in game cuts to the home arena with the game on, when a Canadian team is on the road during the playoffs. I remember in 2002 watching one of the Eastern Finals games on the jumbotron at the ACC. I doubt CBC would have any issues if the Kings wanted to use their feed.

If the issue is it being public, are the Dodgers on the road? The Kings could use Dodger Stadium and show it on the Dodgervision screen. If not there what about the Coliseum? I realize part of the fun would be to be at LA Live so when the fans from inside come out you can party, but a party at Dodger Stadium or the Coliseum would work too.

I totally wish I could be there tomorrow whether inside Staples or outside at the ESPN Zone or LA Live. But with work and all, it can't be done. I just hope KTLA shows all the footage live since I get them on my cable here in Canada. If not, I hope some Kings fan will stream KNBC, KCBS, KABC or FOX 11 for us out of towners. Actually, if someone inside the Kings organization is watching this, please stream the celebrations on your website.

Edit: Just checked, the Dodgers are in Philly tomorrow night. So Dodger Stadium is available if the Kings were to put something together. Even if they charged $5/person to come in, it could be a good PR thing for the Kings if they donated it to Ace Bailey's charity.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer View Post
So... I'm really wondering what the odds are that there will be enough knuckleheads out there to start a riot.

Judging from some of the people that showed up last night I'd say it's certainly possible.
Could be, but I am guessing that the LAPD will be in full Occupy LA mode if they suspect one might breakout. I was there when the eviction happened and there was a couple thousand LAPD down by City Hall in riot gear, so I'd suspect you might see a similar scene tomorrow night.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Wait, KTLA is available in Canada? WTF.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Wait, KTLA is available in Canada? WTF.
Sure is. It is considered one of the Superstations like TBS used to be before they went to a full time network. I also get WPIX from New York, WGN from Chicago and WSBK from Boston. To replace TBS I also get WPCH from Atlanta.

Anyway, I'm hoping KTLA has some coverage since I am tired of watching high speed chases that run all over the freeways like they normally show.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:51 PM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by major frank burns View Post
This is all I've been able to dig up. I don't know if all of their concerns would apply here too

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,157276
I don't understand that. Just report the number of people outside the arena and add it to the normal ratings figures...watch parties that can measure the amount the eyes should be encouraged by networks and advertisers...there's no way to change the god damn channel!!!

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
As someone who needs to find parking, I hope not

There is also a big convention going on. It's going to be a zoo.
I've prepaid for parking a few times this playoffs, which has helped ease the stress of trying to find parking when you get there. It costs a lot, but to me it was worth it. I think it was Lot W by the theater.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:15 PM
w00d
In Saad We Trust

I'll be there tomorrow, wearing a Manchester Monarchs jersey and Ontario Reign hat to represent the minor league franchises. I've seen Dwight King play in both the ECHL and AHL, as well as the NHL, so I gotta root for the kid.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:25 PM
KingNothing4

Going to try to get into the Yardhouse, but seeing as my group probably will not get down there until 3, we might be in trouble. Not sure what the contingency plan is, but I will be absolutely pissed if we can't find a place to watch it.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:37 PM
CaliCash

Send a message via AIM to CaliCash Send a message via Yahoo to CaliCash
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNothing4 View Post
Going to try to get into the Yardhouse, but seeing as my group probably will not get down there until 3, we might be in trouble. Not sure what the contingency plan is, but I will be absolutely pissed if we can't find a place to watch it.
Oh, wow...I get off work at 2pm in Santa Monica and was going to go directly there. You think that will be too?

CaliCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:39 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCash View Post
Oh, wow...I get off work at 2pm in Santa Monica and was going to go directly there. You think that will be too?
Not really sure how busy it will be, just kind of figuring it'll be packed. Guess I'm just worried it's going to be packed and I'll miss it haha. Maybe it won't fill up until closer to game time.

Last edited by KingNothing4: 06-05-2012 at 02:46 PM.
KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer View Post

It seemed pretty tame outside where I was. We should all do our best to make sure we don't let anyone embarrass us. Keep people in check. If you see someone do something really stupid it, call them out on it.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Snyper8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
It seemed pretty tame outside where I was. We should all do our best to make sure we don't let anyone embarrass us. Keep people in check. If you see someone do something really stupid it, call them out on it.
i hope kings fans stay in check just like frozen fury. i think if they can party in vegas and be drunk off their a$$e$ without getting outta control then they can celebrate without rioting in the streets.

i will definitly keep you in check if you get outta control.

Snyper8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:05 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I hate to say it but...

I personally know some people that I'm worried about. Not really any of my good friends but I definitely know of some pretty borderline alcoholic/violent/criminal/moron type people that are huge Kings fans.

A few weeks ago I was thinking that if we won it that Kings fans would be classy enough to avoid all that garbage but I gotta say I'm a little worried the more I think about it.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:43 PM
SCARFACE909

Anyone else going to be watching the game at ESPN zone or something at LA Live tomorow for those of us who don't have tickets?

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:42 PM
RyWill09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Anyone else going to be watching the game at ESPN zone or something at LA Live tomorow for those of us who don't have tickets?
I'll be there...but still hoping on a prayer that I can get a ticket!! Otherwise I will be there, maybe I can find fellow Canadian Av to hang out with. Met him after game #3, great guy.

I was at last nights game....EPIC!! There was nothing bad after, dispersed rather quickly, and everyone was having a good time. Tomorrow could be different, but I hope winning will not result in a riot...it would be ebarassing, and living in Vancouver I would never hear the end of it.

#GoKingsGo

RyWill09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Realize there are going to be 10,000 cops ready to cut someone to prevent anyone crossing the line.

I am going to go the other direction. I am going to watch at a mental hospital. I figure I can get away with just about anything if the Kings pull it off tomorrow night.

Last edited by Bad Will Hunting: 06-05-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote