HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dominic Moore's wife dealing with rare cancer

Old
06-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Can HaZ Trainz
Frightened Inmate #2

vCash: 500
That would sure distract someone from their game. **** cancer. Hope he's re-signed or they find a place to settle during these hard times.

Last edited by Can HaZ Trainz: 06-05-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Can HaZ Trainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Berto2k

Wow that is just horrible. Its good that they are is this area as well as some of the best cancer treatment centers are here. Kick that ****!

Berto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Iron Chef

I just re-read the statement and this part made me do a double take:

" Sharks/Blues playoff series due to a family matter and I wanted to update extended family, friends, and former teammates on our situation."

I'm wondering if hes referring to the Sharks, or all of his former teammates from prior teams.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:54 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post

" Sharks/Blues playoff series due to a family matter and I wanted to update extended family, friends, and former teammates on our situation."

I'm wondering if hes referring to the Sharks, or all of his former teammates from prior teams.
I would assume prior teammates who knew them both.

I expect he'll be re-signed for all the reasons mentioned above. He's started a treatment program here clearly, he needs to stay employed to maintain insurance (assuming she gets insurance from him), and I suspect DW still feels he needs a better option than Handzus and want's that 2nd to not go to waste.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Sad to hear.

Also:
Quote:
Thoughts go out to former ‪#mnwild‬ and current ‪#SJSharks‬ forward Dominic Moore, whose wife, Katie is battling a rare form of liver cancer.
http://twitter.com/mnwild/status/210082360035778560

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:03 PM
RammsteinGT
Prairie Shark

vCash: 50
Aw, man...I'm joining the crowd by posting my condolences to the Moore family. Best wishes going forward.

Dom's had some tough times in his life. First his brother, now this? Stay positive, #18.

RammsteinGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:06 PM
bproeder
The rich man's Bozak

My wife is a breast cancer survivor (diagnosed in 2005). When she was going through her surgeries and chemo I couldn't concentrate at at all. I know what he must have and is still going through.

My thoughts and prayers are with them both. Dominic will need as much support as Katie. Trust me, I know. It takes so much out of you. You want to put it all on you and you feel helpless as you watch your loved one go through procedures, chemo, etc.

bproeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:

it would help if you also re-read the part after he talks about updating his former team mates.

Quote:
"While it was disappointing to not be able to compete with my Sharks teammates in the playoffs, my wife's condition and care come first and I want to thank the Sharks organization, my teammates and their families for the love and support that has been shown to Katie and I during this difficult time.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
it would help if you also re-read the part after he talks about updating his former team mates.
And what would re-reading that do in relation to my post?

Old
06-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
And what would re-reading that do in relation to my post?
because he states after the fact he would like to thank the sharks organization, his team mates, and there families for the love and support they have shown.

basically showing that he was earlier talking to past team mates who may not of been in the immediate know of his families life.

i wasn't trying to be crude with my answer to you, just pointing out that he in fact talks about his current team mates later on in the press release.

Old
06-05-2012, 02:54 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I would assume prior teammates who knew them both.
That's how I read it.

Remember that he **literally** has one or more former teammates on EVERY NHL team!

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Southlake

Moore always struck me as a really stand up guy. When he left, I never doubted it was for good reason. Knowing the reason now breaks my heart a bit. He wasn't always on the top of his game, but man he played hard for us this season. Given what he was going through, impressed that he held it together as well as he did. Hopefully this tones down some of the criticism he's received.

And now, the uncertainty of his contract and living situation, wife's medical care and diagnosis, possible insurance issues if he takes time off... yikes. Thoughts and prayers for the family right now.

Southlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:01 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Logancouture 11:26am via Twitter for iPhone sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?… Thoughts with Moorsey and Katie during this tough time.

brodiebrazilCSN 11:30am via TweetDeck
Clearly life priorities like this trump everything else; and I wish Moore & family nothing but the best through this tough time.

Bakes_Jamie13: Thoughts and prayers at this time for the Moore family. @SanJoseSharks http://t.co/uYnnnxQn #SJSharks

Old
06-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Phu

This hurts my heart. Easy to forget these are all humans like everyone else. And so young, too.

Another bit of adversity from this bleak season.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Logancouture 11:26am via Twitter for iPhone sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?… Thoughts with Moorsey and Katie during this tough time.

brodiebrazilCSN 11:30am via TweetDeck
Clearly life priorities like this trump everything else; and I wish Moore & family nothing but the best through this tough time.

Bakes_Jamie13: Thoughts and prayers at this time for the Moore family. @SanJoseSharks http://t.co/uYnnnxQn #SJSharks
i wish this sentiment was felt by all fans, when coaches/players leave for personal reasons.

unlike the idiots who started calling nolan names (coach of the islanders at the time) for leaving during the season because his son was going through tough times when his best died.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
because he states after the fact he would like to thank the sharks organization, his team mates, and there families for the love and support they have shown.

basically showing that he was earlier talking to past team mates who may not of been in the immediate know of his families life.

i wasn't trying to be crude with my answer to you, just pointing out that he in fact talks about his current team mates later on in the press release.
No, no, I didn't read it as rude. I was genuinely curious because I wasn't seeing what you were seeing. But now it makes sense.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:53 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

A few more collected tweets:

kausatoday: Our thoughts are with the Dominic Moore family as his wife, Katie, battles cancer. http://t.co/BJMhaCYj

RenLavoieRDS: Dominic Moore avoue avoir quitté les Sharks en série parce que son épouse Katie souffre d'un cancer du foie.

BComptonNHL: Statement from #SJSharks forward Dominic Moore: “There have been a lot of questions and concerns raised since (cont) http://t.co/I11B3xOA

mike_morreale: Sharks' Dominic Moore releases statement on 2-gm absence at end of playoffs; his wife was dealing w/ liver cancer. http://t.co/8i1CWAuP

rstanzel: RT @SanJoseSharks: The #SJSharks released a statement from forward Dominic Moore today. http://t.co/SkTfVFbe
rstanzel: @jessespector Dom is one of the good guys

kevin_mcgran: Dominic Moore's wife diagnosed with liver cancer. that's why he missed playoff games. #sharks #nhl

NYP_Brooksie: Wishing all the best for Katie Moore, Dominic Moore's wife, who underwent surgery for rare form of liver cancer in April. Get well, Katie.

stevezipay: Best wishes & prayers to ex-Ranger & great guy Dominic Moore and family. Wife Katie recovering from surgery for rare form of liver cancer

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...g-liver-cancer
Tampa Bay blog

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/sport...l-better-mrs-m
BOC sends their best wishes too.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Best wishes to his wife and hopefully she punches Cancer in the ******* teeth.

Now I feel like a huge ******* for ripping on him since he got traded here.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:07 PM
USF Shark
Zôion politikòn

my mom and grandmother and one of my closest friends have had cancer. My mom and buddy beat cancer down, sadly my grandmother did not. I can fully understand the pain and distraction that Dominic must be feel. My prayers go out to him and his family. I hope she kicks cancer's ass.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:16 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

ESPN_NHL: Moore reveals wife's battle with cancer http://t.co/4zkXhF21

Pierre LeBrun with his good wishes.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:36 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

vCash: 455
That's awful. My thoughts are with the Moore family and I really hope Katie beats this thing.

JayP812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Mrs Ski

Best wishes to Dominic and Katie during this difficult time.

Mrs Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:39 AM
gonegonegone*

that's tough - hope she does well. was disapointed in his play but now we know wat happnd... hope we can resign them (HTD of course!) so she can stick with the current hospital!

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:01 AM
StalockSuperfan

Any info on the severity of it? Is she at death's door (sorry to be blunt) or will she probably be ok?

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:21 PM
5H4RK5

Best wishes.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote