HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Jersey Lineup Changes Game 4

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2012, 06:56 PM
  #1
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 13,972
vCash: 500
New Jersey Lineup Changes Game 4

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...up-for-game-4/

New lines for Jersey:

Parise-Sajak-Kovalchuk
Zubris-Elias-Sykora
Henrik-Ponikarovsky-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Odd man out, Josefson.

Is it too late for changes for Jersey? Check out the first comment to the report...pretty witty, hope its true.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:08 PM
  #2
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France
 
savemefromtears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: City of Angels
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Don't care at this point.


savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:13 PM
  #3
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Pat Sajak is playing center for them in game 4? Man, they really are desperate. Also, what a traitor, all these years as a diehard Kings fan to just turn around and play for the other team...

__________________

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:16 PM
  #4
TonySCV
Moderator
3 in 5 > 3 in 6
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,787
vCash: 500
Sajak? LOL. Zajac.

I'm surprised they didn't make changes for Game 3. It's also surprising that Kovalchuk and Parise aren't being split up.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:23 PM
  #5
Pharseer
Registered User
 
Pharseer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 150
vCash: 50
Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Sajak? LOL. Zajac.

I'm surprised they didn't make changes for Game 3. It's also surprising that Kovalchuk and Parise aren't being split up.
Kinda makes ya wonder.

Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:50 PM
  #6
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 30,077
vCash: 69
I'd like to buy a Vanna White

Boba Fettuccine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:55 PM
  #7
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 13,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Sajak? LOL. Zajac.

I'm surprised they didn't make changes for Game 3. It's also surprising that Kovalchuk and Parise aren't being split up.
My mind must be doing flips...some of the spelling mistakes I am making are just stupid.

Anyway, I agree with you. I do not know why they don't split them up...Kovi must really be feeling whatever injury he has, because he is dragging that line down with him.

Fine with me...I am thinking "shutout" again tomorrow night. Guarantees a win. Hope. Hope. Hope.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:02 PM
  #8
SouthernJ
Rookie User
 
SouthernJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I'd like to buy a Vanna White
I'm sure my mom has some of her shoes left when Vanna was a-hawking on HSN.

SouthernJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:18 PM
  #9
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,065
vCash: 500
Doesn't matter what they do. The Kings want to win it at home real bad. I think the Kings come out flying and go into the 2nd with a 2-0 lead and keep the foot to the peddle.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:43 PM
  #10
Pharseer
Registered User
 
Pharseer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 150
vCash: 50
Ok good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Doesn't matter what they do. The Kings want to win it at home real bad. I think the Kings come out flying and go into the 2nd with a 2-0 lead and keep the foot to the peddle.
Thanks Scott, I feel much better. So nervous, we are so close.

Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:00 PM
  #11
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,688
vCash: 500
Well, and there it is. The Series isn't complete until the opponent shakes things up in an effort to make something, anything, happen.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:37 PM
  #12
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharseer View Post
Thanks Scott, I feel much better. So nervous, we are so close.
They really don't want to go back to Jersey. Like Williams said, "There's nothing that is going to stand in our way. We really don't want to get on that plane.". Well, something along those lines.
I really believe that Jersey finally realized last game that the Kings were just a better team and they can't beat them.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:46 PM
  #13
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 13,972
vCash: 500
With all due respect, I've heard that from players in all kinds of sports, yet they find a way to lose and they have to get on that plane.

The Kings played their worst playoff game in the last series when they had a chance to clinch it at home. I am sure they wanted it just as bad as they do tomorrow night.

Not trying to throw water on the party, I am just making a point. Jersey has a lot of pride and those first two games could have gone either way. Their forecheck has been relentless, even when they were down 4-0 in the third period; they just kept coming and coming.

A team with that kind of deficit and won't give up means they just won't lie down. I expect more of the same tomorrow night...that forecheck that has dogged the Kings all series long.

Having said all of that, I want to see a big game by the Kings tomorrow night, no question. I will be there and we all know what we want to see. The Kings, in my mind, have more talent than the Devils but the Devils have their number on the forecheck. I sure would like to see more cycling and puck possession in the offensive zone for game 4.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:11 AM
  #14
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
With all due respect, I've heard that from players in all kinds of sports, yet they find a way to lose and they have to get on that plane.

The Kings played their worst playoff game in the last series when they had a chance to clinch it at home. I am sure they wanted it just as bad as they do tomorrow night.

Not trying to throw water on the party, I am just making a point. Jersey has a lot of pride and those first two games could have gone either way. Their forecheck has been relentless, even when they were down 4-0 in the third period; they just kept coming and coming.

A team with that kind of deficit and won't give up means they just won't lie down. I expect more of the same tomorrow night...that forecheck that has dogged the Kings all series long.

Having said all of that, I want to see a big game by the Kings tomorrow night, no question. I will be there and we all know what we want to see. The Kings, in my mind, have more talent than the Devils but the Devils have their number on the forecheck. I sure would like to see more cycling and puck possession in the offensive zone for game 4.
I agree with this. Devils won't go down easily, one win and they get all their confidence back. Kings have to probably play their best game to close things out. They have already blown two chances to close things out at home, gotta hope they learned from that. I'm sure Sutter has been letting them know about the past series, three doesn't win you anything.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:16 AM
  #15
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 13,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
I agree with this. Devils won't go down easily, one win and they get all their confidence back. Kings have to probably play their best game to close things out. They have already blown two chances to close things out at home, gotta hope they learned from that. I'm sure Sutter has been letting them know about the past series, three doesn't win you anything.
Yeah, I am going to give them a pass on game 4 in the Vancouver series because they saw a MUCH improved team when Daniel Sedin returned...they looked totally different out there, confidence-wise (Vancouver, I mean).

But that Phoenix game was brutal. Missed passes, missed timing, as a number of posters here said: looked like a regular season game B.S. (before Sutter).

As an aside, some fans were actually booing the Kings. I mean, imagine that...I was flabbergasted. This team was 11-1, going to 11-2 in the playoffs, and some fans were booing.

No way those fans were true Kings fans. IMO.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:03 AM
  #16
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 52,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
With all due respect, I've heard that from players in all kinds of sports, yet they find a way to lose and they have to get on that plane.

The Kings played their worst playoff game in the last series when they had a chance to clinch it at home. I am sure they wanted it just as bad as they do tomorrow night.

Not trying to throw water on the party, I am just making a point. Jersey has a lot of pride and those first two games could have gone either way. Their forecheck has been relentless, even when they were down 4-0 in the third period; they just kept coming and coming.

A team with that kind of deficit and won't give up means they just won't lie down. I expect more of the same tomorrow night...that forecheck that has dogged the Kings all series long.

Having said all of that, I want to see a big game by the Kings tomorrow night, no question. I will be there and we all know what we want to see. The Kings, in my mind, have more talent than the Devils but the Devils have their number on the forecheck. I sure would like to see more cycling and puck possession in the offensive zone for game 4.
They weren't one game away from the cup though. It's a different animal when you realize that if you win just one more, it's all over. No getting ready for the next round. You make out with the Cup, get ****faced, and have a great summer.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 08:54 AM
  #17
Dashboard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montréal,Québec
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Henrik-Ponikarovsky-Clarkson
Henrique

Dashboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM
  #18
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,763
vCash: 500
Obviously I think we win it all, but sometimes pride can be a very powerful motivator.

The Devils will have that motivator tonight. It's been 14 years since a team was swept in the cup finals. No one wants to battle for two months to get here, only to get swept in the finals. It's embarrassing and stings. Probably the only thing worse than losing the cup on home ice is to get swept (unless you lose it on home ice by getting swept, that would just blow).

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:10 AM
  #19
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
Tallinder in for Harrold too. I was surprised De Boer didn't put him in right when he found out Simon Gagné was playing. That's a huge upgrade for them

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:20 AM
  #20
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,502
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Old man Sykora? It's bad enough Kovy can barely skate...

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:46 AM
  #21
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Do not know if it was the injury,end of shift or lack of heart but if you watch the replay of kopi's goal kovi is within a few feet of him as he turns up ice and all he does is take a few strides and the stands up straight and coast as the play goes in to their zone , again I do not know why but it sure looks like he was cherry picking or just gives up, I know its not his "job" to backcheck kopi there but it just seems weird that down by only one goal there he doesn't kill hisself to get in the zone in case of a rebound or just to clear it

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:55 AM
  #22
Bandit
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 7,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Tallinder in for Harrold too. I was surprised De Boer didn't put him in right when he found out Simon Gagné was playing. That's a huge upgrade for them
Harrold's been one of the only guys that's come to play for them in the finals. Kinda surprised they're taking him out.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:59 PM
  #23
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 13,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Do not know if it was the injury,end of shift or lack of heart but if you watch the replay of kopi's goal kovi is within a few feet of him as he turns up ice and all he does is take a few strides and the stands up straight and coast as the play goes in to their zone , again I do not know why but it sure looks like he was cherry picking or just gives up, I know its not his "job" to backcheck kopi there but it just seems weird that down by only one goal there he doesn't kill hisself to get in the zone in case of a rebound or just to clear it
As much as I dislike Kovi (and his wife) for what he did to us, I don't think he is cherry-picking, not in the SCF. I think he just doesn't have the leg strength; it has been rumored he is nursing a leg injury.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
  #24
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 13,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Harrold's been one of the only guys that's come to play for them in the finals. Kinda surprised they're taking him out.
I don't understand this move either. It's not like they are going to get more offense (which they need now) out of Tallinder.

If the guy is playing well for you, why take him out?

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
  #25
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,763
vCash: 500
After game three, they need both offense and defense. We outplayed them at both ends of the rink, especially the last two periods.

Also, while Tallinder is hardly offensive, I'd take his skills over Harrold's.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.