HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Offseason Trades & FA Acquisitions Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 500
2012 Offseason Trades & FA Acquisitions Thread

Discuss....

04-02-2012, 12:04 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

I didn't get much response the last time so I'll post it again and see what everyone thinks.

NYI 1st 2012, MTL 5th 2012, Rhett Rakhshani/Aaron Ness
PK Subban, Scott Gomez, Aaron Palushaj

Re-sign Parenteau
Re-sign Reese
Bye bye DP
Sign Tom Kostopolous (or keep Palushaj in line up)
Sign Steve Eminger

Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau
Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo
Grabner-Gomez-Ullstrom
Martin-Reasoner-Kostopolous/Palushaj

Streit-Subban
MacDonald-Hamonic
Donovan-Eminger
Reese

Nabokov
Poulin/Nilsson

Old
04-02-2012, 05:47 AM
OlTimeHockey

Old washed up guy, signing bonus.

Old
04-02-2012, 06:16 AM
Hip Of Rick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Old washed up guy, signing bonus.
You forgot propaganda by our GM and owner

Old
04-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I didn't get much response the last time so I'll post it again and see what everyone thinks.

Just off hand...

I doubt anyone is going to make a move for Gomez until we all see if the new Habs management buys him out.

Even then, I'd have to say that any move to obtain Gomez will need to be done in a manner that is a FAVOR to the team acquiring him.

I don't care how much some folks like Subban - a very dynamic, yet INcomplete player who has not made himself a lot of friends around the league - but there's no way this team should be parting with a first rounder in a deal that brings back Gomez.

Old
04-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Yandle

Does anyone really think Pheonix - a very troubled market that has a team that has overchieved for several years now (boy, I'd like to know what Tippett does with that team) - signs a self-developed offensive Dman just to turn around and deal him when he's been a key component to the success that few teams have?

They're not doing it for a couple of nice picks, prospects and Grabner.

We may be lucky and see Snow actually add that top 4 Dman to this team, but when it comes to players of this nature (PMDs), you can bet your bottom dollar that this team is first gonna find out if de Haan, Ness or Donovan can be that guy as soon as next season.

Old
04-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Wishart

If he was going to be moved, it would have been as a toss in related to a deadline deal.

That didn't happen.

The chances that the Isles retain his services this summer are very slim right now.

Thus, there's no sense in thinking he can be part of some deal at this point.

Old
04-02-2012, 07:04 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Strome

Someone had mentioned Strome as a player who could be a Jordan Eberle type.

I think that is a very, very apt comparison when looking not only at Strome's potential upside, but also at the type of playing style he brings with him.

As such, that's just not a kid you move.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:27 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 521
I expect at least some tinkering on the San Jose roster this offseason.If Phoenix does not have a decent playoff run,then we could see them also looking to move some blueline talent to improve their roster.Either team would make a nice trade partner for Snow.

Snow keeps trade talks so close to his vest,we don't know what he's up to until a trade has been completed:Smyth,Wiz,Erhoff(sp).

I think that the isles will also look to the ufa market. Trying to find their next Mark Streit: an underrated d-man who has talent ,but not considered one of his team's core players.Just like with Streit,the isles would offer a big payday and plenty of responsibility.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:28 AM
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

I expect PA to be resigned. Also maybe like a signing such as Sarich. Other than that maybe a fringe player such as MA Pouliot.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:38 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
I expect PA to be resigned. Also maybe like a signing such as Sarich. Other than that maybe a fringe player such as MA Pouliot.
I expected the Nabokov and Nielsen extensions.

I will be very surprised if Parenteau and his agent don't test the market.Especially since it's so weak this summer.

I'd love to be proven wrong in Parenteau's case

Old
04-02-2012, 09:52 AM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
I expect PA to be resigned. Also maybe like a signing such as Sarich. Other than that maybe a fringe player such as Benoit Pouliot.
fixed. I would love to sign Benoit Pouliot and Sarich! Because that would eliminate two jobs from youngsters who could hopefully develop properly and give bridgeport a powerhouse team.

Maybe a "fringe" player we can obtain is Brett MacLean. He had great chemistry with JT in the OHL with Oshawa. Don't his career numbers, especially in the AHL look eerily familiar to those of Matt Moulson prior to signing with us? Maybe he can be Moulson part deux.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=80265

Old
04-02-2012, 10:01 AM
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
fixed. I would love to sign Benoit Pouliot and Sarich! Because that would eliminate two jobs from youngsters who could hopefully develop properly and give bridgeport a powerhouse team.

Maybe a "fringe" player we can obtain is Brett MacLean. He had great chemistry with JT in the OHL with Oshawa. Don't his career numbers, especially in the AHL look eerily familiar to those of Matt Moulson prior to signing with us? Maybe he can be Moulson part deux.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=80265
Nino AS OF NOW is a Benoit Pouliot clone. Big size, bad skater, no hockey sense, and shows signs of power moves but never put it together. I wouldn't mind if he was signed as he would bring size and grit to the bottom six with possible upside, allowing Nino to get his feet wet in Bridgeport. But this is the New York Islanders.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:17 AM
miscreant
Charles in Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post

Value-wise this seems like a fair deal, but with Subban an RFA and due a big raise, I don't see Wang wanting to add adding both his and Gomez's contracts. Also, given team preference for polite, bland personalities on and off the ice, I wouldn't see Subban as a fit here. I'd love him here, though.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:30 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
Value-wise this seems like a fair deal, but with Subban an RFA and due a big raise, I don't see Wang wanting to add adding both his and Gomez's contracts. Also, given team preference for polite, bland personalities on and off the ice, I wouldn't see Subban as a fit here. I'd love him here, though.
I think it's an overpayment since Gomez has negative value.

I disagree that the isles would not want Subban because of his personality.This is the franchise that drafted an immature Kabanov and told the press everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

If the Habs would move Subban for the NYI 1st,I think Snow would be all over that trade.He would get a young,potential star for the young,potential star he was passing up in the draft and not having to wait for that 18 yr old to develop. I can't see the Habs making that exchange though.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:03 AM
miscreant
Charles in Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I think it's an overpayment since Gomez has negative value.

I disagree that the isles would not want Subban because of his personality.This is the franchise that drafted an immature Kabanov and told the press everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

If the Habs would move Subban for the NYI 1st,I think Snow would be all over that trade.He would get a young,potential star for the young,potential star he was passing up in the draft and not having to wait for that 18 yr old to develop. I can't see the Habs making that exchange though.
I dunno. Kabanov was drafted as a low-risk 3rd rounder with two years of junior eligibility left. If he had continued to have problems with immaturity, they could have not signed him and cut their losses with minimal exposure. As it turns out, he seems to have grown up somewhat and was given the ELC. With Subban, you'd bringing a guy in right now who hot-dogs it on the ice, runs his mouth and has conflicts with teammates. Personally, I'd have no problems in bringing him in and hope he benefits from a low pressure environment, but I don't see Snow/Wang doing it.

I'd agree that Montreal would balk - I would think they would be looking for more immediate help back for Subban instead of an 18 year old draftee.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:11 AM
blitzkriegs

You'll get just enough to clear the cap floor. That's it. If it means Niño returns, Strome makes the team to get $6 mil in cap space and only paying about $1.9 in salary, that's what Wang is going to do.

You will not get any improvements that cost more Cash than required. Sorry, folks, keep dreaming this team is going to have more than a cash payroll close to the cap floor.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Isles Junkie

I want Brandon Prust signed for the 4th line

Prust Czikas Martin

Now that is a real 4th line. That is a 4th line that can bring toughness & energy to every shift. Plus they're probably good for 25 or so goals over the year.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:31 AM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post

Prust Czikas Martin

Now that is a real 4th line. That is a 4th line that can bring toughness & energy to every shift. Plus they're probably good for 25 or so goals over the year.
I love that 4th line. Martin and Prust would bring some snarl and you can see Cizakas likes to hit and he can get under other teams skin.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

If not Prust, I'll take Tanner Glass, someone I wanted this past offseason and was signed for scraps (700k). He has 16 points, 246 hits and is an excellent PK'er. My guess is that the Jets re-sign him but I hope the Isles give him a call should he make it to free agency.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs View Post
You'll get just enough to clear the cap floor. That's it. If it means Niño returns, Strome makes the team to get $6 mil in cap space and only paying about $1.9 in salary, that's what Wang is going to do.

You will not get any improvements that cost more Cash than required. Sorry, folks, keep dreaming this team is going to have more than a cash payroll close to the cap floor.
Judging by the tweets from Newsday and the comments from the isles tv announcers,it sounds like Petrov is expected to be in the mix for the NYI.I think we'll see him replacing Nino on the isles roster,with Nino headed to Bridgeport.

One thing we need to remember is the new cba and revenue sharing rules being changed.The isles ,Devils and Ducks have pushed for the revenue sharing rules to be changed for a few yrs now.If Wang and the isles get that $10m check,I'd hope they would sink some of that money into improving the on ice product.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:39 AM
kasper11

Quote:

Prust Czikas Martin

I would love to see them sign Prust. Physical, can fight, can chip in some goals, decent in his own zone and, kills penalties, and, best of all, taking that kind of player away from the Rangers.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:39 AM
goal1228

Quote:

Prust Czikas Martin

I agree with this. I'd also like to see the Isles add toughness on the blue line and try and add a guy like Shane O'Brien as a 5/6 d-man.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:06 PM
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
If not Prust, I'll take Tanner Glass, someone I wanted this past offseason and was signed for scraps (700k). He has 16 points, 246 hits and is an excellent PK'er. My guess is that the Jets re-sign him but I hope the Isles give him a call should he make it to free agency.
Hell, sign both of them. Cizikas, Ullstrom, Martin, Haley, Glass, and Prust would be an extremely gritty bottom six with the ability to put up points.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Moulson-Tavares-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo
Ullstrom-XXX-Parenteau
Martin-Cizikas-XXX

Streit-XXX
AMac-Hamonic
XXX-Reese

Nabokov
Poulin/Montoya/Nilsson

Overpay Stoll, Sarich, 4th line plug. Let Donovan, DeHaan, Ness fight for last defensive spot. Sign 7th D and 13th forward.

Closed Thread