HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

My Mock 2012 Draft

Old
06-06-2012, 07:57 AM
AcrossThePond

vCash: 500
My Mock 2012 Draft

One of the most unpredicatable drafts for a while, so go easy on me :p

1) EDM - Nail Yakupov (RW)
I cannot see them going anywhere else other than Sarnia Sting's, Nail Yakupov, but if they were to trade this pick, it would be for an elite defenseman who can step in right away, hence why I don't think the Oilers will be choosing Ryan Murray or any other D-man here.

2) CBJ - Alex Galchenyuk (C)
Alex Galchenyuk had been out for pretty much the whole of the 2011/12 season with an injury followed by surgery, but he is a rare exception as to why he's being drafted this high. If Nash is to be traded, Columbus have their big centre.

3) MON - Mikhail Grigorenko (C)
In Montreal's eyes, he's already playing in Quebec and expressed a desire in learning French; something that the Canadiens will like. Despite injury and illness, he still racked up an impressive campaign in the QMJHL. Has dropped slightly in rankings, but a talent not to pass up on.

4) NYI - Ryan Murray (D)
Also projected to go first overall, Ryan Murray is a smart, puck-moving defenseman that everyone would like to get their hands on. The New York Islanders will finally have their franchise blue-liner?

5) TOR - Filip Forsberg (LW)
With Galchenyuk gone, I can see Burke turning to the strapping Swede, Filip Forsberg. Once the winger fills out his 6ft 1" frame, he's going to be a force to be reckoned with for years. Forsberg is a fantastic stick-handler and possesses a strong work ethic. Burke will like that.

6) ANA - Mathew Dumba (D)
Unfortunately for the Ducks possibly losing the superb Justin Schultz to free agency, the Ducks will be looking to fill that hole. The speedy Matt Dumba plays a solid all-round game combining crushing hits (despite his small size), good puck movement and a big shot. Nothing not to like about the Calgary native.

7) MIN - Jacob Trouba (D)
The Wild are looking for a defensive prospect and at the 7th pick can choose from Trouba or Reinhart at this point. I was intrigued to see if they'd surprise and choose the consistent Olli Maatta (projected 15-20) with the Finnish connections around, but believe they'll play it safe and nab the big, Jacob Trouba. Already committed to the NCAA for 2012/13.

8) CAR - Radek Faksa (C)
Despite the rumours Carolina will be drafting a D-man in 2012, I believe they have a more than decent crop of blue-liners. Faksa is an underrated talent that could step into the NHL in the next year or two which will entice the 'Canes. Would look great alongside, Skinner.

9) WPG - Morgan Rielly (D)
Winnipeg are in need for a big defenseman and will choose the Moose Jaw Warriors', Morgan Rielly. Like a number of prospects this year, Rielly has missed significant time during the 2011/12 season and is now a year out of development which is why I see him dropping to as low as 9th. They will acquire an excellent and smart puck-moving D-man.

10) TBL - Griffin Reinhart (D)
With the wealth of talent at the blue-line on show in 2012, unfortunately for Reinhart, I feel as so he is the odd man out and will fall to almost outside the top 10. An excellent two-way defenseman with size and skill to match, although his physical play has been under scrutiny despite his big frame, which in fairness, can be rectified.

AcrossThePond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:15 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossThePond View Post
One of the most unpredicatable drafts for a while, so go easy on me :p

1) EDM - Nail Yakupov (RW)
I cannot see them going anywhere else other than Sarnia Sting's, Nail Yakupov, but if they were to trade this pick, it would be for an elite defenseman who can step in right away, hence why I don't think the Oilers will be choosing Ryan Murray or any other D-man here.

2) CBJ - Alex Galchenyuk (C)
Alex Galchenyuk had been out for pretty much the whole of the 2011/12 season with an injury followed by surgery, but he is a rare exception as to why he's being drafted this high. If Nash is to be traded, Columbus have their big centre.

3) MON - Mikhail Grigorenko (C)
In Montreal's eyes, he's already playing in Quebec and expressed a desire in learning French; something that the Canadiens will like. Despite injury and illness, he still racked up an impressive campaign in the QMJHL. Has dropped slightly in rankings, but a talent not to pass up on.

4) NYI - Ryan Murray (D)
Also projected to go first overall, Ryan Murray is a smart, puck-moving defenseman that everyone would like to get their hands on. The New York Islanders will finally have their franchise blue-liner?

5) TOR - Filip Forsberg (LW)
With Galchenyuk gone, I can see Burke turning to the strapping Swede, Filip Forsberg. Once the winger fills out his 6ft 1" frame, he's going to be a force to be reckoned with for years. Forsberg is a fantastic stick-handler and possesses a strong work ethic. Burke will like that.

6) ANA - Mathew Dumba (D)
Unfortunately for the Ducks possibly losing the superb Justin Schultz to free agency, the Ducks will be looking to fill that hole. The speedy Matt Dumba plays a solid all-round game combining crushing hits (despite his small size), good puck movement and a big shot. Nothing not to like about the Calgary native.

7) MIN - Jacob Trouba (D)
The Wild are looking for a defensive prospect and at the 7th pick can choose from Trouba or Reinhart at this point. I was intrigued to see if they'd surprise and choose the consistent Olli Maatta (projected 15-20) with the Finnish connections around, but believe they'll play it safe and nab the big, Jacob Trouba. Already committed to the NCAA for 2012/13.

8) CAR - Radek Faksa (C)
Despite the rumours Carolina will be drafting a D-man in 2012, I believe they have a more than decent crop of blue-liners. Faksa is an underrated talent that could step into the NHL in the next year or two which will entice the 'Canes. Would look great alongside, Skinner.

9) WPG - Morgan Rielly (D)
Winnipeg are in need for a big defenseman and will choose the Moose Jaw Warriors', Morgan Rielly. Like a number of prospects this year, Rielly has missed significant time during the 2011/12 season and is now a year out of development which is why I see him dropping to as low as 9th. They will acquire an excellent and smart puck-moving D-man.

10) TBL - Griffin Reinhart (D)
With the wealth of talent at the blue-line on show in 2012, unfortunately for Reinhart, I feel as so he is the odd man out and will fall to almost outside the top 10. An excellent two-way defenseman with size and skill to match, although his physical play has been under scrutiny despite his big frame, which in fairness, can be rectified.
I don't see Galchenyuk going at no.2. I think Gally will go at no.3, to Montreal. Columbus, I think will take either Murray or Forsberg. I say this because if they trade Nash, Forsberg is the next star power-LW, ideal to replace Nash.
Also, if that happens, Grigorenko will be available at no.5, and will go to Toronto.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

I think Teravainen goes before Faksa in the draft.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Why only 10 picks?

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 03:43 AM
AcrossThePond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni Giroux View Post
Why only 10 picks?
Because the first round is so deep and I only wanted to do 10 for now.

Will probably attempt more soon.

Old
06-07-2012, 03:56 AM
AcrossThePond

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
I don't see Galchenyuk going at no.2. I think Gally will go at no.3, to Montreal. Columbus, I think will take either Murray or Forsberg. I say this because if they trade Nash, Forsberg is the next star power-LW, ideal to replace Nash.
Also, if that happens, Grigorenko will be available at no.5, and will go to Toronto.
I think Gally is the second best forward in this draft. Columbus would be crazy to take Forsberg at 2nd, despite their needs. But that's my personal opinion

Old
06-07-2012, 04:09 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Everything looks reasonable. But I don't see Teräväinen slipping out of the top-10, or Minnestora taking Trouba instead of Reilly or Reinhart. They need a legit puck-mover.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote