HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Relative value of these young goalies

Old
06-06-2012, 09:22 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Relative value of these young goalies

Not asking what you would trade for them, or even if you need them. Just, if you could have your pick of these young goalies for free, to start a team, what would your order of preference be, and why?

Harding
Lehner
Bishop
Schneider
Bernier

I would ask that fans of teams that have these guys currently stay out of it, so that there is as little bias as possible. As I am a Sens fan, I will not post my order, so as not to present any impression of bias.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:29 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Hmm.

Schneider
Harding
Lehner
Bernier
Bishop

As a neutral fan. Schneider at the top for his blend of great stats and NHL GP. Harding second because he's the most established. Lehner third because I feel he has the most upside of those remaining. Bernier over Bishop because he has slightly better numbers in slightly more games played.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:04 AM
tsujimoto74

I would say:
Schneider
Harding
Bishop
Bernier
Lehner
for what's on this list. I think Enroth could be put in this mix as well (23, very high QS%, though definitely undersized for the recent trends in goaltending). Rask should probably also be on this list, probably tied for 1st or slightly below Schneider, imo.

ETA: I put Bishop above Bernier because I feel like he has more upside/potential and better fits the recent trend of big athletic goalies. Lehner ended up last mostly because I know the least about him, so I could be way off-base there.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I would say:
Schneider
Harding
Bishop
Bernier
Lehner
for what's on this list. I think Enroth could be put in this mix as well (23, very high QS%, though definitely undersized for the recent trends in goaltending). Rask should probably also be on this list, probably tied for 1st or slightly below Schneider, imo.

ETA: I put Bishop above Bernier because I feel like he has more upside/potential and better fits the recent trend of big athletic goalies. Lehner ended up last mostly because I know the least about him, so I could be way off-base there.
I'd place it in order of

Schneider (truly ready to be #1)---- If I needed a goalie a 1st round pick maybe qa prospect or roster player added in
Bernier (talented, but still not fully tested)----- If I needed a goalie a 1st round pick or a prospect and/or roster player added in
Enroth (see Bernier, but I believe is more talented) -----If I needed a goalie a 1st round pick maybe qa prospect or roster player added in

BTW tsujimoto74 I love the screenname, almost as much as Imlach does

Last edited by Halifaxhab*: 06-06-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:11 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Not asking what you would trade for them, or even if you need them. Just, if you could have your pick of these young goalies for free, to start a team, what would your order of preference be, and why?

Harding
Lehner
Bishop
Schneider
Bernier

I would ask that fans of teams that have these guys currently stay out of it, so that there is as little bias as possible. As I am a Sens fan, I will not post my order, so as not to present any impression of bias.
actually i take Poulin of the Isles over any of them. simply because he's controllable for longer and I think he has the highest upside, given what Ive seen and What Patrick Roy had said (he believes he is the best prospect Goalie he's ever seen)

then id take

Lehner
Bishop
Bernier
Harding
Schneider

Schneider is one season away from UFA and the cost to acquire him is prohibitive, Harding cant stay Healthy, Bernier was on and off this season . though he will be cheaper since Quick is now established

As a Blue Jacket fan, knowing we need a long term solution, the Kid Id target is Poulin, hes won with the Isles when theyve called him up on occasion too, he's a bit on the unknown side I grant Ya but I think he's gonna be the best of the bunch

54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 0
Schneider (anyone who can steal Luongo's role as the teams #1 has to be good)
Rask (going off the board there)
Bishop (absolutly massive, I think he will be solid one day)
Harding (solid numbers, been around a while)
Lehner (looking pretty good)
Bernier (not the greatest numbers on a defensive team, also is the shortest of all of these goalies)

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:43 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
Schneider (anyone who can steal Luongo's role as the teams #1 has to be good)
Rask (going off the board there)
Bishop (absolutly massive, I think he will be solid one day)
Harding (solid numbers, been around a while)
Lehner (looking pretty good)
Bernier (not the greatest numbers on a defensive team, also is the shortest of all of these goalies)
Schneider is good, but that one year from UFA is scary, if he has a good season you could be paying him 5-6M+, just to keep him, he'd have you by the short hairs so youd pay a ton to keep him

Right now he's really still unproven,he's never had the pressure of being the guy, and suppose hes just good next year do you know enough to commit big bucks based on 1 season as a number 1?

thats a big risk

54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Schneider
Harding
Lehner
Bishop
Bernier

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Jaromir Jagrbombs

IMO

Schneider
Lehner
Harding
Bishop
Bernier

Jaromir Jagrbombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

I can't take this thread seriously without Dubnyk.

Samzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
ThatGuy22

I think it depends on what your asking a little bit. Ie, if your talking for the rest of their career Harding is probably close to the bottom of the list(if not the bottom). If your talking ability to play next season, he is probably 2nd behind Schneider. Just my two cents.

Going by rest of their career, I would go
Schneider
Lehner
Bernier
Harding
Bishop

Next season
Schneider
Harding
Bernier
Bishop
Lehner