HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Prospects' thread: best 2nd Round player(s)

Old
09-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Prospects' thread: best 2nd Round player(s)

Thought some of you might be interested in this thread (if you haven't seen it already)...best prospect players from the 2nd Rnd 2012:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1257973

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
It's all just speculation till 5 years from now.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
It's all just speculation till 5 years from now.
Killjoy!

A lot of what goes on around these boards is...speculation!!
(predicting, speculating and salivating at how good some of our prospects will be...is all part of the fun!!). Some of these threads are fun since they're like ''time capsules!'' (fun to look at later on). If every thread had ''it's all speculation till 5 yrs from now'' it would be a very boring website!! it would be a killjoy/depressing website!!

Old
09-11-2012, 12:59 AM
NewHabsEra*

Our last draft just looks insane.. Dont know if it will turn out to be one of the best of this franchise but lets say Ive a very good feeling about this one..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:41 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Our last draft just looks insane.. Dont know if it will turn out to be one of the best of this franchise but lets say Ive a very good feeling about this one..
yeah it looks good now, but back then people thought the 2007 draft was... unimpressive. yet, we walked away with 2 #1 defensemen and a 30 goal scoring winger.

just saying that in 5 years, it could all be for nothing...

on topic: hudon is gonna be a good one

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Galchenyuk (1st among our forward prospects + 1st overall at 8.5C)
Collberg (1st among our winger prospects)
Thrower (3rd after Beaulieu+Tinordi...Thrower is tied with Ellis)
Hudon (1st among our left-wing prospects)
Bozon (1st place tie with Hudon among left-wing prospects)
Vail...

For now...we can say (at the least) that this 2012 Draft was really really good for our overall PROSPECT DEPTH!! (this draft imo can be worth 2 or 3 decent Drafts to our prospects' depth).
Fair to say that we expect at least 3-4 Hab prospects from this '12 Draft to make it to the NHL...hoping for more! We really need Galchenyuk to be at least a 70pt two-way 1st line center (at worst a 65pt two-way center...of course we'd love an 80pt+ center out of him but let's lower the pressure on him!). And, if Galchy delivers especially during playoffs...I'm a very happy Hab fan!

And, I'm huge on building a strong D-Corps (defence wins), so...I'm really hoping Thrower can be ready in 3 years (maybe less?), but I wouldn't rush him. Subban, Gorges, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Thrower, Dietz...excited!!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 09-11-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old
09-11-2012, 05:33 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Galchenyuk (1st among our forward prospects + 1st overall at 8.5C)
Collberg (1st among our winger prospects)
Thrower (3rd after Beaulieu+Tinordi...Thrower is tied with Ellis)
Hudon (1st among our left-wing prospects)
Bozon (1st place tie with Hudon among left-wing prospects)
Vail...

For now...we can say (at the least) that this 2012 Draft was really really good for our overall PROSPECT DEPTH!! (this draft imo can be worth 2 or 3 decent Drafts to our prospects' depth).
Fair to say that we expect at least 3-4 Hab prospects from this '12 Draft to make it to the NHL...hoping for more! We really need Galchenyuk to be at least a 70pt two-way 1st line center (at worst a 65pt two-way center...of course we'd love an 80pt+ center out of him but let's lower the pressure on him!). And, if Galchy delivers especially during playoffs...I'm a very happy Hab fan!

And, I'm huge on building a strong D-Corps (defence wins), so...I'm really hoping Thrower can be ready in 3 years (maybe less?), but I wouldn't rush him. Subban, Gorges, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Thrower, Dietz...excited!!
I have to add this. This last draft it's Timmins that finally was NOT interfered with BY the GM. A look what happened. I have to add this the NEXT draft is a very deep draft, I really feel Timmins will again extract another great draft for the Habs. As much as I would like the Habs to do well this year, if the lockout lasts until xmass or ferther it might be a GREAT idea just to do OK and NOT finish high. A short 30-40 game season might be what the doctor ordered to land another say 10-5 draft position for the Habs, Timmins would jump for joy for a second chance to draft great talent.

RC51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Not surprising, I think most people agreed that the Habs were the clear winners of the draft. Now, we need to hope these kids develop into NHL players

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 05:32 AM
dcyhabs

Consensus

Other years Timmins got blasted for ignoring the consensus until (sometimes after trading the prospects) the results were in and his picks looked really good. This year it sort of worries me that Timmins went with the consensus, but then if you get high picks the consensus should be helpful so the 3 pick should be solid. I suppose the others could be coincidence, or maybe Timmins getting respect.

Considering some of the guys who fell a long way it was a bad year to flame out. Next year there is expected to be (I think) a bigger gap between the first few guys and the rest. We'll see if it is still the case once we get there. It takes a lot for a guy to succeed but not much for a prospect to fall short.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Fozz

Coincidence. Timmins has his list and he doesn't care about consensus. The next available guy on his list just happened to be the consensus pick, nothing more.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
On paper, the 2012 draft looks absolutely incredible.

Five years from now, I hope they still look as good.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I don't like this "consensus" thing. I don't think Collberg was a "consensus" pick. I mean, had we picked Kerdiles, Aberg or Frk, I bet a lot of people would be thrilled too. There were a lot of talented players left during the second round, the difference from previous years being that we had a high pick at hand, so those players were available at our position.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote