HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIII

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 08:46 AM
MW6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Too many people caught up in terminology. SURE, OK, I'll agree, on the surface Washington SHOULD be an attractive destination. The issue is that the Caps have publicly said over and over they won't overpay for UFAs. Until the do, they're not a real contender to sign any big names.

I'm praying the Caps change their tune and sign one of the two this summer, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Hi, my name is Joel Ward..

Old
06-07-2012, 08:50 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Just to nitpick, if we're assuming that it's a random selection between the five "attractive destinations" in both cases and that the events are independent, then it's a 36% chance that at least one of them signs in DC (80% probability of not signing in DC * 80% probability of not signing in DC = 64% probability that neither signs in DC. 100% - 64% = 36% is therefore the probability that at least one signs in DC given the prior constraints).
Yep, you're right. Forgot about the probability of both signing in one place. if we assume that they sign in different places, then 40%. If I'm correct (I always had С in mathematics).

Old
06-07-2012, 08:51 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
What about Brooks Laich, wasn't he UFA and under 30

Old
06-07-2012, 08:54 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
What about Brooks Laich, wasn't he UFA and under 30
He never made it to July 1st, but you could argue he'd have gotten more on the open market (given how empty the market was... I mean Ville Leino got the same deal Laich did...)

Old
06-07-2012, 09:08 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Yep, you're right. Forgot about the probability of both signing in one place. if we assume that they sign in different places, then 40%. If I'm correct (I always had С in mathematics).
That should be right if we also assume that it's the same 5 teams going after both. If not, then it gets complicated.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:27 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

My reckless thought of the month. Blame it on Venus crossing in front of the sun or just plain boredom. As much as the temperamental behavior of some players from Eastern Europe drives me nuts I'll float one from left field.

Offer up Joel Ward to David Poile for Alexander Radulov. If Radulov decides to opt out and go back to the KHL, we still shed 6 million over the next two seasons from the payroll. Ward's performance during the playoffs was better, but still his overall performance last season was a C-.

Radulov decides to play for the Caps, then I'd also go all out to resign Semin and possibly even Andrei Kostitsyn. Semin and Ovechkin are both left handed shooters while Radulov and Kostitsyn are both right handed shooters.

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Radulov
Semin - MAJO/? - Kostitsyn
Chimera - Laich - Brouwer
Hendricks - Beagle - ?
Perreault/Eakin

For those who crave for the entertainment value, and uptempo game, this will definitely provide that. Both on and off the ice.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:33 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

With NSH not interested in Radulov or A. Kostitsyn, would we be interested in any of that? Possibility to acquire both Kostitsyns must exist...

Old
06-07-2012, 09:37 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
With NSH not interested in Radulov or A. Kostitsyn, would we be interested in any of that? Possibility to acquire both Kostitsyns must exist...
We should do what Detroit did with Swedes and just collect em all, except with non-captain material Russians who don't have the Western Canadian work ethic.

We could be like Disney on ice.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:42 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
We should do what Detroit did with Swedes and just collect em all, except with non-captain material Russians who don't have the Western Canadian work ethic.

We could be like Disney on ice.
Just need to hire a coach that they will respect. Wonder if any of Joseph Stalin's descendants might be interested.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:46 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
My reckless thought of the month. Blame it on Venus crossing in front of the sun or just plain boredom. As much as the temperamental behavior of some players from Eastern Europe drives me nuts I'll float one from left field.

Offer up Joel Ward to David Poile for Alexander Radulov. If Radulov decides to opt out and go back to the KHL, we still shed 6 million over the next two seasons from the payroll. Ward's performance during the playoffs was better, but still his overall performance last season was a C-.

Radulov decides to play for the Caps, then I'd also go all out to resign Semin and possibly even Andrei Kostitsyn. Semin and Ovechkin are both left handed shooters while Radulov and Kostitsyn are both right handed shooters.

Hendricks - Beagle - ?
Perreault/Eakin

For those who crave for the entertainment value, and uptempo game, this will definitely provide that. Both on and off the ice.
I suspect Ward wouldn't be the most attractive piece to send back to Nashville, 1 year after he left as a UFA.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:46 AM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
I would love to have both Kostitsyns. Get rid of Semin and get both of them but I dont know if NSH will do that.

Ovi-Backstrom-Mojo
Sergei-Laich-Chimmer
Andrei-Beagle-Brouwer
????-Hendricks-Ward

Not Green-Hammer
Carlson-Alzner
Orlov-Sarge

Old
06-07-2012, 09:49 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

So... what would we offer for a package of Radulov's rights, A. Kostitsyn's rights, and S. Kostitsyn? Laich + 16th? More? Less?

Old
06-07-2012, 09:59 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

The likely cost of Radulov's rights is the 2013 season.

I argued in favor of getting him prior to his NHL return. Since then, he's answered every question about his ability to be a part of an NHL team.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:01 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Hi, my name is Joel Ward..
Easy to look back now after a (as predicted by me last offseason) crappy year and say they overpaid. I guess Ovechkin is overpaid too, so is anyone who underachieves right?

Old
06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post

Hendricks - Beagle - ?
Perreault/Eakin

Why do people assume other teams want our crap trade bait? I see this so often at HFboards. Let's trade Ward, Schultz, MP85 for Nash..... Really? Do people really think another team is going to be tripping over themselves for our junk?

Old
06-07-2012, 10:06 AM
G3 LesPaul

no Rads please

Old
06-07-2012, 10:07 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Why would any Caps fan want Radulov? A guy who has a history of fleeing the NHL? A guy who was out boozing in the playoffs being at best a questionable influence? Pass...

Old
06-07-2012, 10:14 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Why do people assume other teams want our crap trade bait? I see this so often at HFboards. Let's trade Ward, Schultz, MP85 for Nash..... Really? Do people really think another team is going to be tripping over themselves for our junk?
I floated Ward for several reasons.

1. Obvioulsy Nashville and Trotz know Joel Ward and would be comfortable with him.
2. Poile can always say no, but at this juncture he's painted himself into a corner with Radulov. You can always add/include a middle round draft choice based upon the caveat/condition that they get that pick if Radulov stays or hell trade them the rights to Wideman.
3. Sometimes be thankful that you at least got junk when you might have gotten bupkis, i.e. Vokoun for a 7th rounder.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:14 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

From what I understand, it was dinner, not drinking, and it was the team's decision to let him go, not the other way around. According to Poile's interview, Radulov wants to stay in the NHL.

That said, I wouldn't pay a hefty price for the rights to a guy his own teammates decided they didn't want.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Halpysback

Wait Radulov was boozing? That... seems to contradict everything known on the subject.

Maybe he could get a position with our lets make **** up brigade.

We want Radulov for the same reason LA wanted Penner and Carter. Also him getting 7 points in 9 playoff games on a torn meniscus may have something to do with it. Though I dunno, maybe we could try scoring less in the playoffs next year? So crazy it just might work!

I don't think we should ship out Ward. His playoffs aside from the dumb high stick were excellent. Putting him with Hendricks and Beagle we have a 4th line that's as good at shutting people down as most high end 3rd lines.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:22 AM
um

Quote:
Why would any Caps fan want Radulov? A guy who has a history of fleeing the NHL? A guy who was out boozing in the playoffs being at best a questionable influence? Pass...
radulov came back to the hotel 1 hour late, he was not boozing it up and even if he was he was still there best forward. and radulov left during his entry level contract when he was making rookie less then a million i think, as long as you pay he'll play.

id love parise and nash more than radulov but lets be realistic he is the best player we can actually get without breaking the bank

Old
06-07-2012, 10:26 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Bottom line, he shouldn't have been out and his teammates kicked him to the curb for it. That says enough for me to pass on....

Old
06-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Halpysback

Someone too young to remember the limo incident I see. Or was that a good call as well?

Who needs good players when you can have bad ones!

Old
06-07-2012, 10:35 AM
G3 LesPaul

He is a headcase. We already are getting rid of one, can we not add another?

Old
06-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Halpysback

Man LA is certainly floundering with all the headcases they got on their team.

Closed Thread