HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-edm/clb/mtl/nyi

Old
06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

vCash: 500
Tor-edm/clb/mtl/nyi

Kessel+ for one of the top 4 picks? Kessel is no longer a liability defensively, Is a great goal scorer that has been playing with a 3C since he came here, and his only problem is shying away from hits. Has very underrated playmaking skills and would work in an offensive system better.

PS. We all have heard the EDMers saying the world for him even though it's not worth it and we have heard the Seguin-Kessel deal way to much.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
grits207

A proven, young 1st line player coming off an 82 point season (despite having to play with a terrible center) and has shown steady improvement since coming to Toronto for a unproven top 4 pick in an a terrible draft? Why exactly would the Leafs do this?

grits207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer97 View Post
Kessel+ for one of the top 4 picks? Kessel is no longer a liability defensively, Is a great goal scorer that has been playing with a 3C since he came here, and his only problem is shying away from hits. Has very underrated playmaking skills and would work in an offensive system better.

PS. We all have heard the EDMers saying the world for him even though it's not worth it and we have heard the Seguin-Kessel deal way to much.
Toronto wont do it(they would be stupid too), and Edmonton is fine at RW with Eberle, and Hemsky.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:04 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

I'm embarrassed to be a Leaf fan and read this.

On seeing these suggestions, I generally recommend trade the entire roster and all picks leading up to the 2020 draft to acquire ALL draft picks from the other NHL teams and take the entire draft class of 2020.

Round up them 10 yr. olds.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

i wouldn't accept the 1st overall for Kessel ... let alone the 2nd/3rd/4th overall

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:07 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:

You don't add to Kessel for the 1st over all. You hope the 1st overall can become the player Kessel is. And I am not a Leafs or even much of a Kessel fan. Anyone that watches him will have to at least give that he is a very good hockey player.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
You don't add to Kessel for the 1st over all. You hope the 1st overall can become the player Kessel is. And I am not a Leafs or even much of a Kessel fan. Anyone that watches him will have to at least give that he is a very good hockey player.
this, Kessel is one of the most dynamic players in the league ... game breaking speed, shot, playmaking (believe it or not, but he's one of the best playmakers imo)

Old
06-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Avec Fromage*

OP, on behalf of Leafs fans everywhere: close your account and follow another team.

Avec Fromage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:13 PM
CodeE

Quote:

Sure, Tavares and Kessel would compliment each other well and improve each others games.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I don't think Columbus could say "yes" fast enough. That would be absolutely crazy for the Leafs.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:17 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:

Your kidding right.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Sure, Tavares and Kessel would compliment each other well and improve each others games.
and destroy the league ... that would be such a deadly combo ...

Old
06-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Your kidding right.
he's not.

he was near the end of the season, but its because he had injured wrists and couldn't function 100% ... he was playing while getting shots in his wrists ..

the guy is a warrior

Old
06-06-2012, 04:28 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
he's not.

he was near the end of the season, but its because he had injured wrists and couldn't function 100% ... he was playing while getting shots in his wrists ..

the guy is a warrior
not an excuse most players are playing through injuries by the end of the season, and he was terrible beyond the first 20 games defensively.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
not an excuse most players are playing through injuries by the end of the season, and he was terrible beyond the first 20 games defensively.
he actually wasn't though ...

he had 27 points in his first 20 games ... Leafs were at the top of the league, Kessel was a + player

go check any of the GDT's on the leafs board from the first 20ish games, people couldnt believe how much he improved defensively ...

Old
06-06-2012, 04:36 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
he's not.

the guy is a warrior
His offensive game disappeared because of his injured wrists, but he never had a defensive game. Face it, the Leafs defensive game last year was a joke. It had a lot to do with the coach and the game he had them playing. They're defense was to out score their opponent and they often hung their goalie out to dry. But to say Kessel is no longer a liability defensively.

Old
06-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
His offensive game disappeared because of his injured wrists, but he never had a defensive game. Face it, the Leafs defensive game last year was a joke. It had a lot to do with the coach and the game he had them playing. They're defense was to out score their opponent and they often hung their goalie out to dry. But to say Kessel is no longer a liability defensively.
say what you want man, you obviously haven't seen any Leafs games

Kessel is no stalwart defensively, but he's about average

give him a top center and you won't even notice his defensive deficiencies

Old
06-06-2012, 04:40 PM
zeus3007*

Burke gets fired if he does this. Edmonton probably says no, the other teams probably consider it.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:41 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

I'm not the biggest Kessel fan but if he gets to play with Tavares,

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:44 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

The isles have been trying for months to get Parenteau signed to an extension. I am gonna guess it'll be closer to $4m, then the $5.4m Kessel makes.

A bigger drawback to any NYI/Toronto trade,is the fact that Kessel is only 2 yrs from unrestricted free agency.Isles would want a player back who's rights they control for several yrs,not just 2.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:

You just described what I think everyone hopes their top draft pick will become. Why would want to move a known top line player for a question mark. I know Yakupov is expected to be good but I would have a hard time turning Kessel down let alone the +.

Keep him Toronto, you are further ahead by doing so.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:45 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
say what you want man, you obviously haven't seen any Leafs games

Kessel is no stalwart defensively, but he's about average

give him a top center and you won't even notice his defensive deficiencies
First you say he's not bad defensively and now your saying he has defensive deficiencies. Yes I've painfully watched the Leafs play.

Old
06-06-2012, 04:45 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I'm not the biggest Kessel fan but if he gets to play with Tavares,
I would rather spread the scoring out a bit, I don't think Kessel would mesh well with Tavares game. I think he would do great with Nielsen though, both generate offense off of the breakout. Imagine the speed of a Grabner-Nielsen-Kessel line.

Moulson-Tavares-Okposo
Bailey/Grabner-Nielsen-Kessel

Would be a very good top 6. Isles need to add to the first round pick. However I really do want to see Murray in an Isles jersey.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:48 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
I would rather spread the scoring out a bit, I don't think Kessel would mesh well with Tavares game. I think he would do great with Nielsen though, both generate offense off of the breakout. Imagine the speed of a Grabner-Nielsen-Kessel line.

Moulson-Tavares-Okposo
Bailey/Grabner-Nielsen-Kessel

Would be a very good top 6. Isles need to add to the first round pick. However I really do want to see Murray in an Isles jersey.
Who's doing the dirty grunt work, on that Bailey/Grabner-Nielsen-Kessel line?You know,fighting for loose pucks along the board and behind the net,going hard to the net?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
First you say he's not bad defensively and now your saying he has defensive deficiencies. Yes I've painfully watched the Leafs play.
he's not a liability, he's not good defensively

as i said he's average defensively, he looks worse defensively because of the crappy style that the leafs played last year

and if it's painful then don't watch....