HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Battle of young centremen: Brendan Morrison vs Steven Reinprecht vs David Legwand

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2005, 04:52 PM
PapaBear*

vCash: 500
Battle of young centremen: Brendan Morrison vs Steven Reinprecht vs David Legwand

I would choose Morrison, how about you? I like Rhino too if he can stay healthy. Who would you say the most potential?

I would rate

Mo
Rhino
Leg

Old
01-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

I'd take Legwand.

Old
01-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Safir*

Legwand over Mo and Rhino.

Old
01-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Legwand. Morrisson and Reinprecht are finished products. Legwand still has lots of room to grow.

Old
01-02-2005, 06:15 PM
BM67

I don't really call 28 or 29 "young", so I have to go with Legwand.

Old
01-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Skylab

Have you posted so many useless comparisons that you are actually down to this?

Like BM67 pointed out two of your players are almost 30, which although far from retirement makes them the equivalent of grandparents to most of the prospect happy posters here.

To take it a step further, these are players in very different situations, which makes the comparison not only strange but largely pointless

Old
01-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Victory Ali*

The fact that Brendan Morrison plays between two of the premier offensive players in the league and has peaked in terms of offensive upside somewhat limits his value in my mind. Getting between 65 to 70 points a season is great but considering who's playing with and the amount of ice time he gets, you would expect a bit more. However he has shown that he is remarkable in the clutch and good playoff warrior. However given what he has shown thus far and that fact that he's twenty nine years old, I'd have to go with one of the other two. Both of whom I admit I know little about

Morrison is a good player but I don't think he's elite, however he could blossom late.

Old
01-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Right now, Mo, then Legwand, then Rhino.

In the future, Legwand, then Mo, then Rhino.

Old
01-02-2005, 07:34 PM
LaVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCloutierFan
The fact that Brendan Morrison plays between two of the premier offensive players in the league and has peaked in terms of offensive upside somewhat limits his value in my mind. Getting between 65 to 70 points a season is great but considering who's playing with and the amount of ice time he gets, you would expect a bit more. However he has shown that he is remarkable in the clutch and good playoff warrior. However given what he has shown thus far and that fact that he's twenty nine years old, I'd have to go with one of the other two. Both of whom I admit I know little about

Morrison is a good player but I don't think he's elite, however he could blossom late.
getting 70 points in the NHL is an accomplishment no matter who you play with. it's not like he's playing on a line with Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky in their primes. i hate this argument that he's a lesser player because he plays with 2 "premier offensive players". Naslund and Bertuzzi leech off of Morrison's talents just as much he does they, and in fact their production increased more than Morrison's did when he was moved from the 3rd line to the 1st (Morrison only had 6 more points this season than he did when he played on a checking line with Matt Cooke and Peter Schaefer). when Bertuzzi was suspended no other player came close to the point totals Morrison did, Naslund included.

and of course Morrison isn't elite. neither Legwand nor Reinprecht fall into that category either.

Old
01-02-2005, 07:52 PM
mytor4*

if your talking young then i'll take gomez over any of those three.

Old
01-02-2005, 09:05 PM
HuskyFlames

I would take Legwand, now and future.

Old
01-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Victory Ali*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal
getting 70 points in the NHL is an accomplishment no matter who you play with. it's not like he's playing on a line with Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky in their primes. i hate this argument that he's a lesser player because he plays with 2 "premier offensive players". Naslund and Bertuzzi leech off of Morrison's talents just as much he does they, and in fact their production increased more than Morrison's did when he was moved from the 3rd line to the 1st (Morrison only had 6 more points this season than he did when he played on a checking line with Matt Cooke and Peter Schaefer). when Bertuzzi was suspended no other player came close to the point totals Morrison did, Naslund included.

and of course Morrison isn't elite. neither Legwand nor Reinprecht fall into that category either.
All of what you said is very true and I really like Morrison. Honestly, I was confused by the question and thought the original poster was asking which of these players could become elite since he used the phrase "young centermen" so my fault... I'm slow

Old
01-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal

In addition to the above, Morrison is also clutch and is a huge character player plus he's from Vancouver (homer reasoning). I'd take him every single time out of these 3 centres.

Old
01-03-2005, 03:53 PM
BuppY

Legwand!1

Closed Thread