HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Was-clb

Old
06-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Was-clb

To Washington - Tyutin, Brassard

To Columbus - 11th overall, Neuvirth, Schultz

Washington tries to address Green's partner and 2C problem in the same trade.

Columbus gets a potential #1 goalie who is cheap this year and a pick high enough to get another good D if they go with Galchenyuk or Faksa/Gaunce type center if they go with Murray. Schultz is part cap dump part might actually become a decent player for Columbus. They still get like 5 million cap space from the trade.

Fair-ish?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Columbus fans usually don't react well to Tyutin being included in trades.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:21 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Columbus fans usually don't react well to Tyutin being included in trades.
True. The proposal might be better received if Methot was substituted.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:29 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
To Washington - Tyutin, Brassard

To Columbus - 11th overall, Neuvirth, Schultz

Washington tries to address Green's partner and 2C problem in the same trade.

Columbus gets a potential #1 goalie who is cheap this year and a pick high enough to get another good D if they go with Galchenyuk or Faksa/Gaunce type center if they go with Murray. Schultz is part cap dump part might actually become a decent player for Columbus. They still get like 5 million cap space from the trade.

Fair-ish?
In this situation, who does Washington get to replace Neuvirth? Holtby would still likely need a veteran backing him up and helping him out through a long season. What UFA would they sign?

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
The whole point is to get a legitimate top 4 partner for Green. Only way we'd have use for Methot is Methot for Schultz straight up or with something negligible coming back from the caps.

If Tyutin is that untouchable would Brassard for Neuvirth and Boston's 2nd suffice?

Old
06-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
...at which point this deal makes no sense for the Caps whatsoever.

I'd rather just use the 16th to find a 2C (+Johansson for Pavelski, +Laich for Plekanec, something like that), then look to free agency to find Green's partner (ideally Suter, but Jackman would be great too). If we strikeout in FA it's not the end of the world because we've still got Hamrlik, and we can try again next year when he's gone.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
In this situation, who does Washington get to replace Neuvirth? Holtby would still likely need a veteran backing him up and helping him out through a long season. What UFA would they sign?
One of the 10 or so backups looking for jobs at the end of free agency.

Old
06-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Not a bad proposal in terms of value and it attempts to address Columbus's need for a goalie.

That said, 2 problems. First, after dealing Vermette, Carter, and Pahlsson Columbus has no center depth what so ever. Moving Brassard would compound that and force Johansen to eat top-6 minutes perhaps before he is ready.

Second, Tyutin is key to Nikitin's play.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

wouldn't you want the more defensive defenseman in Methot to play with Green so he can roam free and not have to hurry back on defense?

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:19 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

I'd rather have Nikitin than Tyutin.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:25 PM
54roughing*

absolutely Horrid

Neuvirth has been a prospect who couldnt hold the position, washington has had Varlamov, Vokoun, and now Holtby, and Neuvirth just doesnt grab that job, so I see him as no better than what we have in Mason, a guy who shows flashes but just isnt confident enough to take charge and win the position

Tyutin is the key to our 2nd pair, no interest in moving him,

11th pick is nice but not nearly nice enough to even consider this

Colorado was insane last offseason,, i have no desire to be this years victim

54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:28 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If Tyutin is that untouchable would Brassard for Neuvirth and Boston's 2nd suffice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
...after dealing Vermette, Carter, and Pahlsson Columbus has no center depth what so ever. Moving Brassard would compound that and force Johansen to eat top-6 minutes perhaps before he is ready.
I'm not nearly as fond of Brassard as some, but Crede makes a good point. I would think that there's a trade involving Neuvirth to be made, but I'm not sure what would be needed to make it happen.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
wouldn't you want the more defensive defenseman in Methot to play with Green so he can roam free and not have to hurry back on defense?
Methot is closer to 3rd pairing then 2nd.

Ideally we want an all around defenseman that can (and will) primarily play solid positional defense but who can also make good outlet passes and good offensive zone decisions if necessary. Having offensive pylons with Green just let the other team collapse on him and hurt the team a good deal. We're looking for a younger, better version of Hamrlik, who worked really well with Green at the end of last season. Tyutin seems to fit the bill better than Methot. He's pretty solid defensively himself is he not?

Columbus has Johnson, Wisniewski, Tyutin Nikitin and Methot with Savard, Moore and potentially Murray as NHL or NHL ready defensemen. I thought they could afford to move Tyutin and slide Methot up with Nikitin. Even if there is still a hole they could go for a lower tier UFA to plug it.

Old
06-09-2012, 02:56 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Methot is closer to 3rd pairing then 2nd.

Ideally we want an all around defenseman that can (and will) primarily play solid positional defense but who can also make good outlet passes and good offensive zone decisions if necessary. Having offensive pylons with Green just let the other team collapse on him and hurt the team a good deal. We're looking for a younger, better version of Hamrlik, who worked really well with Green at the end of last season. Tyutin seems to fit the bill better than Methot. He's pretty solid defensively himself is he not?

Columbus has Johnson, Wisniewski, Tyutin Nikitin and Methot with Savard, Moore and potentially Murray as NHL or NHL ready defensemen. I thought they could afford to move Tyutin and slide Methot up with Nikitin. Even if there is still a hole they could go for a lower tier UFA to plug it.
that may be so, but Neuvirth doesnt cut it, it would have to be Holtby instead and a prospect of some walue because Shultz wouldnt play in our top 6, just as he isnt wanted in your top 6

Old
06-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Crisp Breakout

I'm not going to focus on value, because it's tough to peg what Brassard is worth. That said, if the Jackets make this trade they might as well play in the AHL for a few years. It would leave us without any top-6 centers and with only 2 top-4 defensemen. It also destroys how effective Nikitin could be as I think he needs his Russian speaking comrade to succeed.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 03:37 PM
54roughing*

halpysback you wrote this in another thread:

''If you really think someone could play top 10 minutes in the NHL on one of its better teams in the last 4 years with Jeff ****ing Schultz as their partner and not be an excellent defenseman, you really have no idea. Try putting Wisniewski or even Tyutin with a slow and soft as toilet paper version of Methot and see what you get."

so even you admit Shultz is worthless, Neuvirth cant hold a job,

so that means its Tyutin and Brassard for the #11 pick, and you wonder why we have no interest in this proposal?

Old
06-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Neuvirth can hold a job and would be a sufficient choice for the "young potential #1" who can share a season 50-50 with a veteran backup. He and Lindback are equals in my view although Lindback is younger and less proven. I would certainly prefer either over Bernier.

It has been mentioned by the Dispatch that trading Brassard is NOT off the table. However, I think such a move would put too much stress on Johansen as well as Letestu. It should be known that neither Prospal nor Umberger are actually centers. Instead, they are wingers that can take face-offs.

Also, why shouldn't Washington use that #11 overall to draft a WHL defenseman? Certainly one will be available at that spot. I think a stop-gap defenseman would serve them better.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 04:07 PM
helgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
Neuvirth has been a prospect who couldnt hold the position, washington has had Varlamov, Vokoun, and now Holtby, and Neuvirth just doesnt grab that job, so I see him as no better than what we have in Mason, a guy who shows flashes but just isnt confident enough to take charge and win the position
To be fair, Neuvirth won starting position over Varlamov but then Caps sort of "screw him over" with Vokoun. And both Vokoun and Neuvirth were injured at the end of the season, which allowed Holtby to be starter...

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote