HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier to Pittsburgh

Old
06-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Crosberry87

vCash: 500
Jonathan Bernier to Pittsburgh

I doubt the Penguins plan on moving Fleury, but if they did, what would be the asking Price from LA? I think a Vokoun/Bernier tandem would be pretty good for us should they want to trade MAF.

I don't think LA has any reason to move Bernier at this time though. Quick is clearly the starter, but JB is on a good contract for another year.

Crosberry87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

8th round pick.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
We aren't going to give up what it would take to get Bernier when we have MAF, end of story.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Oh so Pittsburgh is gonna add Bernier on top of MAF and Vokoun?

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:22 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
All your goalies are belong to us!!!!!!!!

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Crosberry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Do you not read?

Old
06-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Riptide

wow. Did none of you guys read the OP? He stated he didn't think MAF would get moved but if he did what would be the asking price for JB.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:24 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

1st Rounder + Prospect?

Probably a lot more.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
All your goalies are belong to us!!!!!!!!
Actually, I am hoping Vancouver signs Harding....Between the two teams we'd have a damn monopoly

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:40 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Actually, I am hoping Vancouver signs Harding....Between the two teams we'd have a damn monopoly

The returns we could command from Toronto and Chicago would be LOLtastic.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:29 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Grabbing Vokoun AND Bernier I see. I guess that's one way to insure Malkin continues to put up double digit points vrs Tampa every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
1st Rounder + Prospect?

Probably a lot more.
Maybe, although I really doubt it would be "a lot more". He looks great, but is still only a backup.

It'd be especially too much to pay w/someone like Vokoun as your starting goalie (assumed MAF was moved).

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Emerald Duck

Bernier won't be going anywhere until Quick is signed to a new contract.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Glide5

Honestly I think Tampa would trade Connolly (or the 19th) and a 2nd for Bernier. Depend on who else the kings would be willing to add, tampa could throw another 2nd, or a 3rd-4th round pick.

I just dont think LA will be parting with Bernier for that offer though. They seem to think he is going to be worth far more.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Fleury and Vokoun is a heck of a tandem. I don't see much need for Bernier. He (Bernier) is worth the assets to some team but not to the Pens.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:17 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I think he's saying if Fleury is moved which looks very doubtful at this point.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Crosberry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I think he's saying if Fleury is moved which looks very doubtful at this point.
Exactly, this is IF they want to move Fleury for other pieces. I guess no one reads the OP.

Old
06-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosberry87 View Post
Do you not read?
Oh I do, I just don't see why the hell you would trade Fleury and then trade for Bernier.

On top of it being a lot of hassle for not a whole lot of benefit, it doesn't say very good things about how you treat your players.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:06 PM
ZetterBurger

Bernier should be one of the most valuable player at the trade deadline next year. I doubt LA moves him in the offseason.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:28 PM
KingCanadain1976

ok for the what if theory I think it would proberly cost pittsburgh beau bennett 1st and 3rd for bennier and maybe davis drewiskie or someone along them lines.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Pigs On The Wing

Well LA doesn't really have any immediate needs so they would most likely want one of our top prospects (Morrow/Despres/Bennett) + 1st or 2nd rounder. Too much to give up IMO.

Pigs On The Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
ok for the what if theory I think it would proberly cost pittsburgh beau bennett 1st and 3rd for bennier and maybe davis drewiskie or someone along them lines.
A promising 1st round pick from 2010 and a 2012 first and a 3rd, for a good young backup goalie with starter potential - albeit unproven. With one year left before RFA and the starting position at LA more than locked up by Quick.

Seriously?

Anyway, provided Shero had a deal on hand for Fleury, I would start out by offering Paul Martin. Martin makes sense to further bolster a very strong LA defense. They have the cap-room for it also.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:33 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
A promising 1st round pick from 2010 and a 2012 first and a 3rd, for a good young backup goalie with starter potential - albeit unproven. With one year left before RFA and the starting position at LA more than locked up by Quick.

Seriously?

Anyway, provided Shero had a deal on hand for Fleury, I would start out by offering Paul Martin. Martin makes sense to further bolster a very strong LA defense. They have the cap-room for it also.
i also add drewski. La again doenst have to trade him for anything but a overpay. The only thing the kings really need is a wing with frist line potential. Well we can also use some picks so that why i added them. There was rumours at the deadline that the kings turned turn a mid pick in the frist round with a top prospect.I dont see them trading for anything less now. The goalie market right now doesnt have a whole lot goalies with upside like Bernier Hes also controled but his rfa so u have him for at least two years at bare minimum. Either that or try a goalie with lots of years on his contract at a high dollars.

As far as ur counter proposal offering paul martin is a no go. The kings have 5 nhl ready defenseman for alot cheaper. this is all mute cause i ready doubt they trade fleury .

Old
06-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
i also add drewski.
He has no value.

Quote:
La again doenst have to trade him for anything but a overpay.
Part of his value is that he is under contract on a reasonable rate. Next year he will be an RFA who will have no reason to sign with LA considering Quick being the obvious number 1 and being very young himself.

It is great to have two good young goalies, but the reason Bernier was not tradeable before was that no one within the LA organization knew who the better goalie was. I suppose Bernier could be better than Quick still, but clearly now Quick is the man in LA.

Quote:
As far as ur counter proposal offering paul martin is a no go. The kings have 5 nhl ready defenseman for alot cheaper. this is all mute cause i ready doubt they trade fleury .
Fair enough if LA has no interest in Martin. However, this season notwithstanding he is a better defenseman than most of the D-men on LA. It is a blip on a very good career, made worse by the fact that the entire Pens D-system was uncoordinated to say the least this season. Paul Martin could play on pretty much any LA pairing and make it better, because you have the right kind of players to pair him with.

Ultimately, LA have so much cap-space for next season that you can both sign a very good forward and an upgrade for defense and have money left over. Obviously, were I an LA fan I would rather try and sign Suter if I wanted to upgrade the D, but my suggestion could be revisited if LA does indeed want to sign a D-upgrade and fail to get the player/players they might otherwise prefer to Martin.

As far as value is concerned, I think it is more than reasonable anyway. Needs of course are always debatable.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:46 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
He has no value.

Part of his value is that he is under contract on a reasonable rate. Next year he will be an RFA who will have no reason to sign with LA considering Quick being the obvious number 1 and being very young himself.

It is great to have two good young goalies, but the reason Bernier was not tradeable before was that no one within the LA organization knew who the better goalie was. I suppose Bernier could be better than Quick still, but clearly now Quick is the man in LA.

Fair enough if LA has no interest in Martin. However, this season notwithstanding he is a better defenseman than most of the D-men on LA. It is a blip on a very good career, made worse by the fact that the entire Pens D-system was uncoordinated to say the least this season. Paul Martin could play on pretty much any LA pairing and make it better, because you have the right kind of players to pair him with.

Ultimately, LA have so much cap-space for next season that you can both sign a very good forward and an upgrade for defense and have money left over. Obviously, were I an LA fan I would rather try and sign Suter if I wanted to upgrade the D, but my suggestion could be revisited if LA does indeed want to sign a D-upgrade and fail to get the player/players they might otherwise prefer to Martin.

As far as value is concerned, I think it is more than reasonable anyway. Needs of course are always debatable.
I never said he wasnt a good defenseman The kings were in the mix for him before he signed in pittsburgh. I seem to recall it was between the two but the kings needed the cap space to try sign kolvochuk. As far a he would improve the kings defence personally im happy with who we have. The kings are the second lowest in goals against. Not really a area we need to improve. The kings will make a run at parise as they need more offense from the wing and his skill on the pp. We were near the bottom of the league in offense so this king fan says forget sutter and go for parise all out