HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jackets-Oilers (smaller deal)

Old
06-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I'm surprised that Jackets fans are on board with this. I'd do it in a heartbeat as an Oiler fan. Boulin is washed up and Omark doesn't want to be here anyway. I'd give them both away for nothing. Does Mason have negative value? I know he's been bad the last two years, but I didn't think Columbus would give him away.
Three years, actually - 09-10, 10-11, 11-12, and last year was particularly g-dawful (then again, everybody in union blue except Vinny, Dorsett, DMac, Nikitin, and eventually JMFJ had seasons that were subpar at best). We're pretty much all certain he'll never manage to be a starter here, but could still be such earlier.

Half of us want to see him go somewhere else so he can get the fresh start he needs and succeed... and the other half of us want him to go for vindictive vengeance purposes.

I imagine the situation is much like Omark's in Edmonton - he still looks like he could be awesome, but there's no rational plan to get him to stick around and become awesome.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 08:25 AM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Khabibulin and Omark

for

Steve Mason + VAN 4th 2012
Very nice proposal.

I made a slight modification because I though the value favoured CBJ ever so slightly.

Last edited by kthsn: 06-09-2012 at 08:30 AM.
kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Enlighten

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashPF61 View Post
why would the jackets want a 40 year old goalie? theyre rebuilding. Mason still has potential unlike Khabibulin and, Omark has potential like patrik stefan had potential, no thanks.
Take it from the oilers there is no better way to rebuild than to have to have Khabby the rebuilder on your side

Enlighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Very nice proposal.

I made a slight modification because I though the value favoured CBJ ever so slightly.
I offered that as a possibility but folks seem to think it's unnecessary.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 10:15 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I offered that as a possibility but folks seem to think it's unnecessary.
I, too, think the added pick is not needed to even it up. A 40 year old goalie (who everyone in EDM seems to want out) plus a failed prospect with no place to play (and virtually no trade value) for a young, former Caulder winning goalie (badly overpaid but not on a long contract) who needs a fresh start. In the end, as with most trades, either/neither side might win/lose. Seems worth the chance for both teams, to me.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote