HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

JvR?

Old
05-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

vCash: 500
JvR?

Hello Flyers fans. After 3 years in NHL what do ya guys think about JvR? and what is the Flyers plan with him? is he Girouxs future wingman or a tradebait?

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:26 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
We don't know, he is always injured. I think he may go for tradebait if we can get a solid D man as part of the trade.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:31 AM
bp spec

vCash: 50
I've been waiting for him to break out for two years now. Especially after 11' playoffs. That's all I know.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:37 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
Hello Flyers fans. After 3 years in NHL what do ya guys think about JvR? and what is the Flyers plan with him? is he Girouxs future wingman or a tradebait?
After last summer, nothing is guaranteed.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:38 AM
BrimFullofAsham45

Tradebait. He just doesn't have hockey sense. He only has one move: try and skate really fast to net. It usually doesn't work. For some reason, it worked in last years Buffalo series. He just isn't a guy that is at all physical and that really hurts his linemates. Kind of like Jeff Carter in an odd way, except carter has a nasty wrister.

I'm from New Jersey and I can understand why JVR will never be great. They just don't have good hockey here, I know because I played here. JVR is simply a priveleged kid who never had to work too hard to better than most of the filth that play hockey in NJ. He just doesn't have the nuanced game that a Saskatchewan farm boy like Schenn does.

Because I'm from NJ though, I really would like jvr to be a great player for us, and I do like him. I just don't see the potential other people do and despite his long term contract I can definitely see Holmgren shopping him around. I just think Flyers were fine without him, if not better.

BrimFullofAsham45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:04 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
High ceiling and has shown his potential at some points. Too injured to really tell where and what he will be. With the scoring depth the Flyers seem to have this point, it would not surprise me to see him traded for a D-Man this summer.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:49 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

A lot of JVR I think is based off of his draft position (2nd overall in one of the weakest drafts in the past decade). Other than one playoff series and one game this last playoff, he hasnt shown much. He does the same thing game in and game out (go down the wing around a defender and either slapshot or wrister into the goalie). If he doesnt get traded this offseason (which I do think there is a chance no matter what his trade value is), he needs to start showing some of this potential of his. With his new contract, we can't wait till he is 26-27 years old for him to maybe reach it.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:50 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Tradebait for a D.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:25 AM
UKFlyers

I still have some faith in him becoming a good player. Next season would be make or break though. Granted, there have been a lot of injuries, but he doesn't seem to know how to utilise his size and strength. I'm hoping that with experience he'll learn how to really use his size to his advantage, but it's becoming more and more unlikely. If he was traded for a good D, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

UKFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 11:27 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
he will never live up to what 90% of Flyers fans think he'll be (40/40/80)

I expect him to be trade bait for a #1 defenseman this off-season

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

tradebait

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:36 PM
tuckrr

Id only want to move JvR for an awesome return..
Adam Larsson type of return

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
A lot of JVR I think is based off of his draft position (2nd overall in one of the weakest drafts in the past decade). Other than one playoff series and one game this last playoff, he hasnt shown much. He does the same thing game in and game out (go down the wing around a defender and either slapshot or wrister into the goalie). If he doesnt get traded this offseason (which I do think there is a chance no matter what his trade value is), he needs to start showing some of this potential of his. With his new contract, we can't wait till he is 26-27 years old for him to maybe reach it.
I agree. Lord I would just love him to take off and become a monster for us but I think he will be tradebait this off season. Toronto wants him in the worst way.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:40 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I agree. Lord I would just love him to take off and become a monster for us but I think he will be tradebait this off season. Toronto wants him in the worst way.
I think his international play (not just being #2) is also why people have faith in JvR..

he's just a big-game player. (Like briere, but bigger)
You don't trade those

Old
05-19-2012, 01:06 PM
04' hockey

for better or for worse he'll be here next year.....the Flyers will not get proper return for him in a trade this offseason because of his performance the last 2 years, he'll either come in and play to his potential or he'll continue his "priveliged kid" act and frustrate AGAIN next year.....flip a coin

he needs a summer under Gary Roberts

04' hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 01:54 PM
BrindamoursNose

He doesn't have a NTC kicking in this year does he?!?!?!

If he does...

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:09 PM
flyerfanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
He doesn't have a NTC kicking in this year does he?!?!?!

If he does...

awesome

I'm hoping he'll break out this season. I agree with what some of you have said that he's a big game player like Briere. But I think he can be great during the season aswell. People talked about him needing to bulk up last year. He did. So I think he wants to get better and he probably will. Give him this season, hopefully without injuries and I think he'll turn out great. Let the kid gain some confidence by playing him with Giroux. I seriously think some confidence will help him ALOT.

Last edited by flyerfanish: 05-19-2012 at 02:15 PM.
flyerfanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:32 PM
turkinaa

I want JVR to be so much better and he has shown that he can be, but with injuries, as said before, he can't be given money to possibly reach his potential and be injured. He should be traded even though it is possible that it will look bad in a few years.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Flyerfan4life

i will be totaly shocked if we go into next season and hes still on teh roster..

i suspect he gets traded for sure.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:49 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I think after finding out that he basically had 3 injuries this season (concussion, hip and leg/foot), I still think we should give him a chance, and hopefully a full season.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:54 PM
questhockey

Just wondering if he would be good trade bait for 2nd/3rd overall in this years draft to get Murray.
Flyers need top pairing D, and CBJ/Montreal may trade pick for JVR.
Montreal needs size, and speed up front, so does CBJ with Nash probably heading out of town.
IMO that might solve many questions/problems for both teams.

questhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:59 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by questhockey View Post
Just wondering if he would be good trade bait for 2nd/3rd overall in this years draft to get Murray.
Flyers need top pairing D, and CBJ/Montreal may trade pick for JVR.
Montreal needs size, and speed up front, so does CBJ with Nash probably heading out of town.
IMO that might solve many questions/problems for both teams.
Honestly, I think trading him now, after all these problems just to be sent to another club that would probably ruin him, is not good. I'd honestly feel real bad for him. Keep him for another year or two then we'll see.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Tradebait. He just doesn't have hockey sense. He only has one move: try and skate really fast to net. It usually doesn't work. For some reason, it worked in last years Buffalo series. He just isn't a guy that is at all physical and that really hurts his linemates. Kind of like Jeff Carter in an odd way, except carter has a nasty wrister.

I'm from New Jersey and I can understand why JVR will never be great. They just don't have good hockey here, I know because I played here. JVR is simply a priveleged kid who never had to work too hard to better than most of the filth that play hockey in NJ. He just doesn't have the nuanced game that a Saskatchewan farm boy like Schenn does.

Because I'm from NJ though, I really would like jvr to be a great player for us, and I do like him. I just don't see the potential other people do and despite his long term contract I can definitely see Holmgren shopping him around. I just think Flyers were fine without him, if not better.
This is the dumbest post I have seen on these boards for a long time.

He's just a priveleged kid, that made it to the NHL as a second overall pick. I've played rugby in south wales, clearly I can tell you everything about a rugby players development here.

grow up

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:01 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanish View Post
awesome

I'm hoping he'll break out this season. I agree with what some of you have said that he's a big game player like Briere. But I think he can be great during the season aswell. People talked about him needing to bulk up last year. He did. So I think he wants to get better and he probably will. Give him this season, hopefully without injuries and I think he'll turn out great. Let the kid gain some confidence by playing him with Giroux. I seriously think some confidence will help him ALOT.
I agree!

JvR-Giroux-Jagr/Voracek
would be awesome.

Old
05-19-2012, 06:10 PM
MsWoof

I don't like the contract extension and think it will be tough to trade him for something good. Also, what kind of message does it send other free agents about a second player getting a long term contract and being traded before it kicks in?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote