HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Multiple Toronto Offers (see updated OP)

Old
06-07-2012, 11:08 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The best prospect on both teams is baertschi, who plays for Calgary. what Calgary is missing is a replacement for Iginla. This proposal gets them nowhere closer to that.
Ehhh, I think you could make a case of Gardiner over Baertschi. Although Baertschi is awesome. Love that guy.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Please folks.. remember to utilize the ignore user and ignore thread functions that HF offers if you deem a thread not worthy. Don't just post it.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Maybe two hands, but I agree. Anaheim, Boston, Calgary, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Florida, LA, Minnesota, Montreal, Nashville, New Jersey, NYR, Phoenix, San Jose, St. Louis, Toronto and Vancouver would not be able to make a 1 for 1 trade for Kane. The rest of the teams probably could.
Seguin?

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Gabriel Landeskog

I don't wanna imagine te jets without Chris mason. It has my approval to dump evander Kane to create cap space to bring back mason!!

Gabriel Landeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:15 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene View Post
Oh dear god what? 24 year old David Perron, a legitimate top line player with upside, is worth a #4-5 defenseman, Carter Ashton (the second coming of Colton Gillies) and a 2nd!???

NOT EVEN A FIRST ROUND PICK?

I'd ask that all people in the EST refrain from attempting to place value on Western Conference players.

It's embarrassing.
HAHA, this post made my night lol. Just awesome.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Falcons93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene View Post
That's why Chris Stewart is worth less this year amirite?

Evander Kane hasn't even touched his peak yet and is already a top line forward. You are so far off base and out of touch.

He's 21 and an elite level player. I bet you could count on one hand the straight up deals Winnipeg would accept for Kane.
Wow. Some posters use the label "elite" quite loosely.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:17 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
What about something around kadri ?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Falcons93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Maybe two hands, but I agree. Anaheim, Boston, Calgary, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Florida, LA, Minnesota, Montreal, Nashville, New Jersey, NYR, Phoenix, San Jose, St. Louis, Toronto and Vancouver would not be able to make a 1 for 1 trade for Kane. The rest of the teams probably could.
Some of these teams definitely have the assets to acquire Kane in a 1 for 1 trade. Just off the top of my head, from looking at the first two teams, I'd rather have Ryan and Seguin.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Agreed.

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
What about something around kadri ?
I still wouldn't be interested personally. I would want something around Schenn and their 2013 1st rounder, but I wouldn't do the deal unless we picked up a goaltender via free agency or managed to get Ramo out of his Russian contract

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:23 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
I am not sure if Winnipeg would even consider a package for Evander Kane. But here goes. Feel free to adjust it a bit if you don't think it is fair.

To Toronto: Evander Kane

To Winnipeg: Nazem Kadri, Colby Armstrong and a 2nd/3rd round pick (2nd round pick is almost a 1st round pick)

Winnipeg needs 3 top 9 forwards, Armstrong fills one of those slots, while Kadri is expected to be able to play a top 9 role next season.

Evander Kane will be a restricted free agent and judging by his spectacular season, he will be expecting a raise, especially considering his increased output over the last three seasons.

The Jets will also need to re-sign goaltenders Chris Mason and Ondrej Pavelec, in addition to a number of others on the roster.

I am unsure as to what True North's plan is heading into their first NHL option.

Being a new management block, they may be a little conservative with their spending and will look at other options instead of just re-signing assets.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Everyone who read it is now slightly dumber for having entertained those thoughts for even a split second before realizing how ridiculous they are. You've shaken our faith in humanity.

The discussion on Kane's trade value starts at what Kessel got from the Leafs. Better skating, bigger, stronger, hits, fights and put up similar numbers as Kessel's pre-trade season (the third season for each after their respective draft years) with far less help playing with Burmistrov/Antropov rather than Savard in his prime. Add to that the fact the Jets don't need to trade him like Boston needed to get rid of Kessel for cap space and the value is pretty well established as two top-ten picks or more.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Ehhh, I think you could make a case of Gardiner over Baertschi. Although Baertschi is awesome. Love that guy.
No he isn't. I've watched Gardiner quite a bit over this past season and he's not on the same level as Baertschi. I could be wrong, but I doubt Gardiner ever develops into a legitimate top pairing dman. Whereas Baertschi has legitimate top line potential.

If it weren't for the size differential, I actually don't think Gardiner's game is that much better than Brodie. While I recognize he is extremely talented, I think he is absolutely over hyped by Leaf fans the same as Aulie was, although Gardiner has much more upside.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Some of these teams definitely have the assets to acquire Kane in a 1 for 1 trade. Just off the top of my head, from looking at the first two teams, I'd rather have Ryan and Seguin.
Agreed again, you could add Rask, Getzlaf and Perry probably to that list also just off those first 2 teams.

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

No motivation from this Wild fan. As good as Hackett looked in his injury replacement detail I do not think there is any rush to give him full time back up duty. Goalies are typically the longest to develop. Another year of getting regular starts in the AHL is probably best. He is only 22, no rush. This is all assuming we can re-sign Harding. I'm fairly confident he will, but far from guaranteed. Backstrom's $6M cap hit is of zero concern as it expires after next season. With Both Backstrom and Harding's durability history, an NHL ready tandem is still best. Goalie prospects are of little interest with Scrivens. If we do trade Backs it would much more likely trade deadline deal. Seeing what Harding, or unknown potential UFA does next season. Also possibly get better value. Franson or Gunnarson would be an eyebrow raiser, but I think we would be best served keeping our situation untouched. Unless Harding walks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I don't think Backstrom would do very well in the media craze around Toronto. He'd probably shut down and his game would suffer.
I disagree with that. Backstrom has that typical Finnish even keeled demeanor. He may not like the attention, but I think he could handle it. We've seen a LOT of Finns come through Minnesota to varying degree of talent. They seem to be pretty mentally/emotionally unflappable.

Last edited by Marlowe Syn: 06-07-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Vandelay Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Feaster's reply:

"Don't ever call me again."
Followed by a restraining order on Burke and any members of the Toronto Maple Leafs organization.

Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:29 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
Look up the list of players who put up 30 goals at age 20. It's pretty elite and many had far better linemates than Kane did last season.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude39 View Post
The Blues are a young, deep team. They are not in a position that they will be looking to make any 3-for-1 or 4-for-2 type deals in which STL is getting more pieces back than they are sending. There is already not enough space on the roster for the forwards under contract, and a few NHL-quality forwards will be forced to the pressbox/AHL. If a trade is going to happen, it will be the Blues packaging multiple assets for an elite player, not vice versa.

Therefore, we can debate the value of the players being sent in these offers, but it is irrelevant since 3 players and a pick for Stewart and Perron does not answer any questions for the Blues....look at the roster situations before you make proposals

+100

If I were the Blues, I would be looking to trade Stewart, a 1st rounder and a decent prospect not named Tarasenko, Schwartz, Rattie or Cole for a 1st pairing LHD. I would even throw in Dags.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:32 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
I'd take Seguin over Kane easily. Not sure about Ryan due to age.

Quote:
Agreed again, you could add Rask, Getzlaf and Perry probably to that list also just off those first 2 teams.
The Jets absolutely wouldn't trade Kane for Rask, that's beyond ridiculous. Getzlaf and Perry are 7 years older than Kane and both have one year before being an UFA. There's no way Kane is traded for any of those players.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Well I was seeing it as Mac is worth Stewart and Perron was worth Gunnarsson, Ashton and a 2nd.

I don't think Stewart is better than Mac, ones stronger, ones faster. Both have similar production in recent years.
Good to see the "Add a second round pick to a lop-sided trade to even 'er out" rule is still in effect.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:36 PM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:
I am not sure if Winnipeg would even consider a package for Evander Kane. But here goes. Feel free to adjust it a bit if you don't think it is fair.

To Toronto: Evander Kane

To Winnipeg: Nazem Kadri, Colby Armstrong and a 2nd/3rd round pick (2nd round pick is almost a 1st round pick)

Winnipeg needs 3 top 9 forwards, Armstrong fills one of those slots, while Kadri is expected to be able to play a top 9 role next season.

Evander Kane will be a restricted free agent and judging by his spectacular season, he will be expecting a raise, especially considering his increased output over the last three seasons.

The Jets will also need to re-sign goaltenders Chris Mason and Ondrej Pavelec, in addition to a number of others on the roster.

I am unsure as to what True North's plan is heading into their first NHL option.

Being a new management block, they may be a little conservative with their spending and will look at other options instead of just re-signing assets.
Winnipeg would not consider a package of lower quality assets for Kane, especially not one as horrible as what you have offered.

spiny norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:45 PM
abhanot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Please, please, please stop making trade proposals. Your not good at it and it makes all Leaf fans look bad.

Honestly not trying to flame or be mean.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I have about 4 boxes of motorcycle parts in my garage. I think I'll gather them all up and trade them in for a new Harly.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
You're on a roll with these garbage proposals today aren't ya?
This. Again.

My goodness. We're trading a large contract pile of crap, a good prospect (but not as good as Kane), and a 35th pick? This isn't even enough for them to answer the phone...

abhanot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
He plays center also.
You clearly have not watched Oshie play for the last 3 years. He does not play center for us, and is 100x more effective on the wing. And both proposals are brutal. I'd take Chris Stewart over Macarthur 1000 times out of a 1000. And for the second one, well i just laughed.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
To STL:

Gunnarsson
MacArthur
Ashton
2nd

To TO:

Perron
Stewart

I think this a fair deal if anything we overpay. Don't even want to hear people coming to say lolz we dont need ur spare partz for qualitY!! Gunnar IMO is our best and most well rounded defender.
You don't wanna hear lolz? Don't post such a terrible proposal. Gunnarsson is a solid defenseman, but not what we need. And he's the only piece in that trade I'd be mildly interested in. But certainly not at the cost of Perron or Stewart.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 3041
The fail is strong with this one.

If you want good players you have to trade good players, it's that simple.

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Sarcastic
PosterOfTheYear2014

I like how all the threads got merged together.

I wonder if this poster is the protege of Bretzky.

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote