HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Multiple Toronto Offers (see updated OP)

Old
06-08-2012, 10:40 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Kadri at this point is probably going to end up a 3rd line energy guy w/ skill.
Nazem Kadri is 20 years old and nearly PPG at the AHL level.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Pucklington

These are the worst set of proposals I think I have ever seen. But at the same time I am grateful for the OP, because if he had not created this thread I would have never been able to read this mess.

Pucklington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
Any rational Leafs fans would probably pick those two. Two of LACK for somebody who actually plays and plays well, DONE! haha

Likely though I think Minn would want Gunnarsson at the very least (he actually is pretty solid and cheap, he is just the most expendable so commonly thrown into trades so people assume he's trash). He likely won't improve much past what he is now, but he is 25 (will be RFA still on coming contract) so you never know I guess. Holzer (25) and Blacker (22) on our AHL team are thought to be NHL ready, may want one of them instead? Or pick two of the three.

Also I do wonder if Minn could actually use Komi (not just saying this because I want him gone haha). Komi despite playing in just 45 games this past year, still had 104 hits, he is quite physical. The highest number of hits you had last year was Falk with 78, Stoner with 72 (they didn't play complete seasons either but did play more than Komi). He blocks a decent number off shots and his giveaway/takeaway numbers last season were pretty even at 26/25 (was surprised at this, thought it would have been worse haha). He does little offense though. Not sure if you have a Komi like player who is younger that you would rather play (I assume you do) but thought I would mention it. Lastly his cap hit is 4.5m each of the last 2 years but only gets paid 3.5m each season. No idea if you would be interested in him or not. He can easily be added in a trade for Backstrom and would be able to help on the blue line.
Minny plays Colorado, Vancouver and Edmonton 6 times a year who are all really good skating teams, Komi would get destroyed on a real regular basis in Minny.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Peasy
apple CORes = SOFT

vCash: 960
Lol, Calgary isnt rebuilding so they're not trading kipper. Evander Kane is going to be a sick player, 35 goals, could probably hit 40, hes basically untouchable for the Jets.

Peasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:16 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Nazem Kadri is 20 years old and nearly PPG at the AHL level.
Doesn't sound as good as Tlusty then. He WAS a 20 year old PPG player at the AHL level.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
I'd take Seguin over Kane easily. Not sure about Ryan due to age.

The Jets absolutely wouldn't trade Kane for Rask, that's beyond ridiculous. Getzlaf and Perry are 7 years older than Kane and both have one year before being an
UFA. There's no way Kane is
traded for any of those
players.
You wouldn't trade Kane for Corey perry? There's a very good chance evander Kane will never become the player perry is. And Corey perry is already.....Corey perry. Take off the homer glasses. You are over valuing Kane along with the rest of the jets fans on here.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
You wouldn't trade Kane for Corey perry? There's a very good chance evander Kane will never become the player perry is. And Corey perry is already.....Corey perry. Take off the homer glasses. You are over valuing Kane along with the rest of the jets fans on here.
Having Perry for 1 year vs Kane for many makes this pretty easy.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Minny plays Colorado, Vancouver and Edmonton 6 times a year who are all really good skating teams, Komi would get destroyed on a real regular basis in Minny.
That would probably be a nightmare haha.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Sniper99
STEPAN!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------

To Toronto: Kiprusoff

To Flames: James Reimer/Ben Scrivens, Cody Franson, Nikolai Kulemin and a second round pick. Including either one of Reimer, Scrivens would be a must but.

Flames are a desperate team in need of retooling, need to trade some of their better veteran players like Kiprusoff.[/QUOTE]

Holy Overpayment Batman!

Sniper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

Quote:
To Toronto: Evander Kane

To Winnipeg: Nazem Kadri, Colby Armstrong and a 2nd/3rd round pick (2nd round pick is almost a 1st round pick)
This one trade is particularly laughable.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 08:39 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Velvet Hammer View Post
i cant believe you were able to pull away from all your rioting to read that post AND post a reply....

kinda sucks when people sterotype, eh?
He's right though.

Each one of those trades has the Leafs trading noncore players,prospects who's development has hit a snag and overpriced 3rd liners($3m+) , for another team's more talented player.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 10:09 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

the wild and flames get ripped right off

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote