The 2012-2013 Boston Celtics Thread: Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Jeff from Maine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
No its not an intense dislike... its frustration that at this stage in his career he thinks we owe him something. The only dislike would be that I consider the Big 3 currently to be Rondo PP KG and he isn't even in the conversation anymore and if he thinks he is he's crazy.

I think he is an enourmous question mark for next year (and one that isn't going to be happy if he plays less than 20 minutes in a game.) Pierce and KG I know what to expect and a slower version of each is still a great player. A moody Allen who has lost his stroke (he struggled with FTs this year even though he did find his game eventually in the playoffs) isn't going to help us much.

If Ray wants to piggyback to a ring in Miami it takes a notch off his legacy here and there's no chance I say anything good about him until he retires or leaves the heat I promise you I will have an strong dislike then (its OK for fans to have all sorts of different opinions of a guy under those circumstance...I still love Manny Ramirez but lots of Boston fans don't unfortunately since they listen to the media.)

Rajon Rondo does things no other NBA point guard does. He is a pure distributor. Rose and Paul are good players but they are volume scorers who need a ton of shots. A scoring PG like Jeremy Lin could step into Chicago or LAC's teams and emulate Paul and Rose and just be a poor mans version of them...Jeremy Lin could never ever ever be a poor mans Rondo even in his dreams he wouldn't be able to see the court and pass the ball like Rajon.

2 years ago saying we'd be a 500 team without good players around him would be true. Right now I think he'd carry any NBA team to the playoffs. Rondo is equally comfortable dishing the ball on the break or in the fast court too, the offense can go at any pace with him.

Because he has elevated his game so much I don't really care about his off-court behavior and immaturity (we have KG around 3 more years we're fine in that area.)
Flat out wrong.

Chris Paul averages 3, yes THREE, more shots than Rondo averages. So, your volume shooter theory is 100% inapplicable with regards to Chris Paul.

The reason Paul scores more is that he is a far better 3 pt shooter, and he can actually make foul shots.

As far as passing goes....Rondo has 3 Hall of Famers to pass the ball to, and yet he averages almost a full 2 assists per game LESS than Chris Paul, despite his having next to NOBODY to pass the ball to. Peja Stojkovic (who was well past his prime upon arriving to be Pauls teammate) and David West. Rondo has NEVER not had a far greater supporting cast than Chris Paul.

Paul averages more steals per game...is only .1 behind in rebounding per game. And in the postseason, his numbers are better across the board....including the dustribution statistic...assists.

And should I repeat....he has NEVER had the calibre of teammate that Rondo has ALWAYS had?

And dont get started on Rose. He is the hands-down unquestioned best PG in the NBA.

Later

Old
07-05-2012, 03:05 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine View Post
Flat out wrong.

Chris Paul averages 3, yes THREE, more shots than Rondo averages. So, your volume shooter theory is 100% inapplicable with regards to Chris Paul.

The reason Paul scores more is that he is a far better 3 pt shooter, and he can actually make foul shots.

As far as passing goes....Rondo has 3 Hall of Famers to pass the ball to, and yet he averages almost a full 2 assists per game LESS than Chris Paul, despite his having next to NOBODY to pass the ball to. Peja Stojkovic (who was well past his prime upon arriving to be Pauls teammate) and David West. Rondo has NEVER not had a far greater supporting cast than Chris Paul.

Paul averages more steals per game...is only .1 behind in rebounding per game. And in the postseason, his numbers are better across the board....including the dustribution statistic...assists.

And should I repeat....he has NEVER had the calibre of teammate that Rondo has ALWAYS had?

And dont get started on Rose. He is the hands-down unquestioned best PG in the NBA.

Later
Rose, if it weren't for injuries, might be the second best player in the league, behind durant.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
It makes me sick to my stomach that Allen only wants to play for the punk ass heat other than us...but I don't want to lose a series to that team because he decides to hit his threes (unlike the game in 2010 after he set the record and missed all of em and cost us the title.)

Id give Allen anything he wants to keep him of Miami. I was thinking F him (and will if he choses em) but I think I want him on our team and not theirs.

I hope we bring Allen back.

I bet he goes to Miami though.
Where do you come up with this stuff? Boston, Miami, LA Clippers, Suns, Lakers.

Thats more than just one team.

And BTW...you like to tralk about his missing all those 3's and costing us the title that year....Rondo getting OWNED by Chalmers had the lions share of the responsibility for not being able to close out Miami this season. Chalmers owned him in 3 Heat victories.

So, if you want to rip one guy....do the RIGHT THING, and rip the guy that you love. He cost us the NBA title this season, just as much as Allen did that year.

Rondo shot about 38% in that series....yet he is a God. BTW funny thing happened in that series. In the pivotal game 3, Rondo allowed Derek Fissher (of all players) to go off for 16 and take control of that game in the late stages. And in game 7, he hot 2 huge 3's with Rondo guarding him.

All the while, Allen had the inenviable task of defending Kobe....just a slightly more difficult task than Rondo "defending" Derek Fisher.

The FACT is this...Rondo was not good in that series. Perkins injury was what DID turn the tide in that series.

Later

Last edited by Jeff from Maine: 07-05-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old
07-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Shaun
beauty

Bass just re-signed for 3 years.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Well there's good news. 4 out of 5 starters, now they just need to finalize the deal for jeff green.

Old
07-05-2012, 03:26 PM
BruinsFan64

Quote:
Link?

Old
07-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFan64 View Post
Link?
http://www.rantsports.com/courtcrusa...oston-celtics/

Old
07-05-2012, 03:27 PM
BruinsFan64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Thanks!

Old
07-05-2012, 05:44 PM
N o o d l e s

Well, now we have a **** ton of depth, but what are we doing about Center. All we have right now is Fab Melo and Stiemsma, unless Garnett is playing there full time, which I doubt.

Any room for Hibbert?

Old
07-05-2012, 05:49 PM
pgm16

Quote:
Great news !!!

Old
07-05-2012, 05:53 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
Well, now we have a **** ton of depth, but what are we doing about Center. All we have right now is Fab Melo and Stiemsma, unless Garnett is playing there full time, which I doubt.

Any room for Hibbert?
Stiemsma is an rfa (or the nba equivalent) and chris wilcox should be back. I would love hibbert, but he got offered a max contract from portland, and indiana can match. No shot he comes here.

Here's what they have so far, before allen decides, and assuming green and wilcox re-sign.

C: garnett, wilcox, melo
PF: bass, sullinger, johnson
SF: green, pierce
SG: bradley, terry, moore
PG: rondo

3 open spots.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:00 PM
kman22

Not celtics related, but the thunder signed hasheem thabeet. Solid addition to a team that's already loaded.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:07 PM
CDJ*

Thabeet sucks at everything except being tall. He won't see much time there.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:13 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Thabeet sucks at everything except being tall. He won't see much time there.
There had been talk of buying out perkins. Thabeet can provide defense off the bench. He's not a superstar or anything, but nog useless.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
There had been talk of buying out perkins. Thabeet can provide defense off the bench. He's not a superstar or anything, but nog useless.
He can take up space. Now if Perk is bought out, perhaps we can do something in terms of giving him employment...

Old
07-06-2012, 12:16 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine View Post
Where do you come up with this stuff? Boston, Miami, LA Clippers, Suns, Lakers.

Thats more than just one team.

And BTW...you like to tralk about his missing all those 3's and costing us the title that year....Rondo getting OWNED by Chalmers had the lions share of the responsibility for not being able to close out Miami this season. Chalmers owned him in 3 Heat victories.

So, if you want to rip one guy....do the RIGHT THING, and rip the guy that you love. He cost us the NBA title this season, just as much as Allen did that year.

Rondo shot about 38% in that series....yet he is a God. BTW funny thing happened in that series. In the pivotal game 3, Rondo allowed Derek Fissher (of all players) to go off for 16 and take control of that game in the late stages. And in game 7, he hot 2 huge 3's with Rondo guarding him.

All the while, Allen had the inenviable task of defending Kobe....just a slightly more difficult task than Rondo "defending" Derek Fisher.

The FACT is this...Rondo was not good in that series. Perkins injury was what DID turn the tide in that series.

Later
Uh not really. Clip show cancelled after signing Crawford. He isn't interested in Phoenix or Memphis. Ray can't get more money than the Celtics are offering. He has only one other team in mind....Miami. Come on if you want to argue that its crazy.

As for your prior post I was wrong about Paul he is a deadly shooter and not a volume scorer. He is a score first PG though (both are shoot first PGs volume scorer is Rose NOT Paul.) Paul is very good however his lack of athleticism due to his injury in the playoffs can/may hurt him going forward. If he doesn't have that first step he isn't going to be better than the other stars.

Disagree about Rose he isn't that good. The team wasn't dreadful without him. Philly could have won the series with him playing. Plays on a good team takes a million shots. Rondo makes his teammates better because he distributes. Those guys distribute better than many PGs but its not the main part of their game (scoring.) Rondo bases his game around distributing. He makes passes NOONE else in the NBA can make. These defenses are good Rondo can break them down. A guy like Rondo makes it so much easier to score in the half court and makes the team not rely on the other team to miss shots for good offensive possessions.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:20 AM
kman22

Quote:
Uh not really. Clip show cancelled after signing Crawford. He isn't interested in Phoenix or Memphis. Ray can't get more money than the Celtics are offering. He has only one other team in mind....Miami. Come on if you want to argue that its crazy.

As for your prior post I was wrong about Paul he is a deadly shooter and not a volume scorer. He is a score first PG though (both are shoot first PGs volume scorer is Rose NOT Paul.) Paul is very good however his lack of athleticism due to his injury in the playoffs can/may hurt him going forward. If he doesn't have that first step he isn't going to be better than the other stars.

Disagree about Rose he isn't that good. The team wasn't dreadful without him. Philly could have won the series with him playing. Plays on a good team takes a million shots. Rondo makes his teammates better because he distributes. Those guys distribute better than many PGs but its not the main part of their game (scoring.)
It's definitely Boston or Miami at this point for Allen.

I think you might be alone in thinking that Philly could have beaten Chicago with a healthy Rose. He was hurt, came back shortly before the playoffs, got hurt again, and was done for the year. When healthy, he is that good. He is the reason that team was viewed as the favorites from the East for most of the season.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Mancini0518

Lets be honest if Allen wanted to stay with the Celtics he would have already signed. Obviously he doesn't want to sign here because of Rondo etc. Have fun in Miami playing 12 minutes a game Ray thanks for the Championship.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:24 AM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini0518 View Post
Lets be honest if Allen wanted to stay with the Celtics he would have already signed. Obviously he doesn't want to sign here because of Rondo etc. Have fun in Miami playing 12 minutes a game Ray thanks for the Championship.
That's one view of it. Maybe he just wants to be courted. He can make twice as much money here. Terry is capable of handling the ball, so he could get minutes at backup PG, so it's not like he'll steal all of Allen's minutes.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Mancini0518

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
That's one view of it. Maybe he just wants to be courted. He can make twice as much money here. Terry is capable of handling the ball, so he could get minutes at backup PG, so it's not like he'll steal all of Allen's minutes.
I guess everyone likes to be wanted. Its just my feeling that the Celts can offer him the most money and the most playing time and it should have ended there. Yet he is taking meetings with other teams and is clearly looking for something else. With the Terry signing I say good riddance.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:13 AM
GloveSave1
Back in Black

Did anyone really want Allen back anyway?

Old, injury-prone, skills quickly diminishing.

I don't know if Terry really counts as "getting younger," but that was the way to go.

Pretty happy with Ainge. Nice job keeping KG, who as long as he can stay strong, should always have a spot. He's a warrior. A real legend.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:30 AM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave1 View Post

I don't know if Terry really counts as "getting younger," but that was the way to go.

Pretty happy with Ainge. Nice job keeping KG, who as long as he can stay strong, should always have a spot. He's a warrior. A real legend.
I think the thought was it would be nice to keep the playoff team from last year, and add Jeff Green, Jason Terry, Avery Bradley, Fab Melo, Jared Sullinger, and Chris Wilcox. If you can add that to the team, and only subtract bit players, you stand a much better chance in the playoffs.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:37 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

I like what's happening so far this off-season. Better depth already on the roster.

I thought I heard they were interested in Marcus Camby as well; that would be a nice fit I think. Local guy that would shore up the center position and not force Fab Melo to have to be anything special in his rookie year. Not sure what cost though.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:

Disagree about Rose he isn't that good. The team wasn't dreadful without him. Philly could have won the series with him playing. Plays on a good team takes a million shots. Rondo makes his teammates better because he distributes. Those guys distribute better than many PGs but its not the main part of their game (scoring.) Rondo bases his game around distributing. He makes passes NOONE else in the NBA can make. These defenses are good Rondo can break them down. A guy like Rondo makes it so much easier to score in the half court and makes the team not rely on the other team to miss shots for good offensive possessions.
Again....Rose only takes 5 shots a game more than Rondo. Thats not many in the grand scheme of things.

One of the top 5 guys in the NBA when healthy.

Later

Old
07-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave1 View Post

Allen carried this team early on. He was the only guy who could find his own shot. He kept the C's season from ending before it began. And realistically, he only slowed down when he got the ankle injury. Had that not happened, he likely remains their most consistent offensive threat.

I would exactly call him injury prone. Thats his first real injury in 5 years. Severe high ankle sprains will kill anyone.

Later

Closed Thread