Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2012-2013 Boston Celtics Thread: Part II

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 10:27 PM
CDJ*

vCash: 500
We have by far the deepest team in the league. This year is going to be fantastic.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Mountain

I fully expect Hondo to really maximize his game, especially after his coming out party during the ECF last year as a scorer. Hopefully he and KJ can hook up for some aley-oops right?

Old
10-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Celtics our going to play very inspired tommorow and send a loud mesage to the league saying that they are the best team.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:41 PM
CDJ*

Cant wait

Old
10-30-2012, 01:09 PM
pgm16

So excited about this game tonight & the rest of the season !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Go Celtics

but.....

I need Lebron to get a triple double tonight for my fantasy team.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:26 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

vCash: 167
Going to watch tonight. I used to be a big basketball guy when I was younger but alot of years of 2 boys playing non stop AAU and high school ball burned me out. Maybe the BB mojo will come back for me now that that hockey league (i forget the name ) isn't bothering to play.

Last edited by SpokedLightning: 10-30-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old
10-30-2012, 01:54 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I'm supposed to be leaving in two hours to go watch the Bruins play Buffalo- however, I am bigtime looking forward to this game. I think Sullinger is going to be playing in this league a long time and can't wait to see his development. Once the Celts get Bradley back this team has about as interesting a back court in the league.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Is Ray Allen's pity party he's thrown for himself the past few months going to finally stop tonight? I certainly hope so.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:01 PM
BergyDGD
Gurley 4 Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Is Ray Allen's pity party he's thrown for himself the past few months going to finally stop tonight? I certainly hope so.
I think, he now said he's excited to see the Heat get their rings tonight. Screw him, he is the main reason we lost to the Lakers in 2010. He's a fraud, and it was all ego that drove him away. Can't wait to see #34 and #5 go up to the rafters while Ray Allen let his ego get in the way of having his number retired by the most prestigious team in the NBA. In the present I hope the Celts take it to the Heat tonight, I think Jeff Green is going to have a big year and surprise a lot of people. GO CELTICS!!!

Old
10-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
Can't wait to see #34 and #5 go up to the rafters while Ray Allen let his ego get in the way of having his number retired by the most prestigious team in the NBA. In the present I hope the Celts take it to the Heat tonight, I think Jeff Green is going to have a big year and surprise a lot of people. GO CELTICS!!!
I was a big Ray fan while he was here. But I definitely wasn't wishing him well when he bolted for south beach. He'll still make it into the Hall of Fame. But no team will be retiring his number.

Would love to see a Heat collapse this year. Obviously I'm hoping it's the C's who are their nemesis. But if another team takes them down early in the playoffs, I won't complain. I just don't want to see Ray get a ring in Miami. The distain for LA is stating to come back around after their off season acquisitions. But I think I'd rather see the Lakers win it all than the Heat.

10-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Spoked-B

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaider View Post
I hope KG gets all up in his grill an lay it down on him!
I hope they torch his ass on D every freakin' time (which is what should happen).

Old
10-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
But I think I'd rather see the Lakers win it all than the Heat.
Please turn in your Celtic fanship.

Old
10-30-2012, 06:36 PM
iamthewalrus

vCash: 920
any stream? Powers out, im in my schools library on my laptop haha

EDIT: nvm, got one

Old
10-30-2012, 06:40 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

vCash: 167
Heat getting their rings right now.

Old
10-30-2012, 06:56 PM
DKH

The Miami Heat crowd reminds me a lot of the Bruins crowd on banner raising first game- also that commercial with LaBron makes me think of Bergeron- very similar guys and friends. Hockey and basketball are so much alike- yall 'gree

Old
10-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Ray Allen just came into the game shaking Celtics coaches hands, and he slaps KG who was on the bench, on the back, and KG just glares at him with a death stare. Hilarious.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

God that crowd is almost as fake as LA

Old
10-30-2012, 07:44 PM
DKH

tough first quarter for Jeff Green, however, he should be a big addition; enjoy it Dwayne Wade because when Avery Bradley gets back you can go back to sulking- never seen Wade get shutdown and pouty like he did last year when Bradley on him- and I don't think they are getting rings if Bradley didn't dislocate his shoulder and miss that series.

Old
10-30-2012, 09:47 PM
TheSeguinEra2010*

They lost but there were a lot of encouraging signs. Rondo and Pierce looked good and this will be a great season. Looking for a win the next game on friday.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:05 PM
BergyDGD
Gurley 4 Heisman

I really hope we see a Celtics-Heat series, so much hate between these times. I also hate the Heat, Ray Allen, Ray's mom, Lebron, Gloria James, Boshtrich so much, I won't post my thoughts on them because they would probably get me banned, but man I hate them.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Please turn in your Celtic fanship.

I was a die hard C's fan growing up. Even in 4th grade I watched every game. Stayed up for the 10:30 starts on the west coast. I knew every player in both rounds of the draft. Reggie Lewis was my favorite Celtic. I remember crying when he died.

I was going strong into the Walker years. They just got so bad. And ownership didn't seem to care. That's when I stopped caring.

I still hate LA. But I simply have more disdain for Lebron than Kobe. Kobe is obviously one of the greatest of all time. Top 3-4 easily. His ego drives me crazy. But between Lebron's "Decision" and Allen's treason, I have more contempt for Miami.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I was a die hard C's fan growing up. Even in 4th grade I watched every game. Stayed up for the 10:30 starts on the west coast. I knew every player in both rounds of the draft. Reggie Lewis was my favorite Celtic. I remember crying when he died.

I was going strong into the Walker years. They just got so bad. And ownership didn't seem to care. That's when I stopped caring.

I still hate LA. But I simply have more disdain for Lebron than Kobe. Kobe is obviously one of the greatest of all time. Top 3-4 easily. His ego drives me crazy. But between Lebron's "Decision" and Allen's treason, I have more contempt for Miami.
I get what you're saying, but wishing LA would win over Miami just feels so wrong.

That being said, I absolutely despise LeBron, and Wade for that matter. They epitomize everything that's wrong with the sport now. Dwayne Wade used to be a good guy, good player. That 2006 Finals was incredible from him. But ever since LeBron came? He's turned into a whiny ***** just like his teammate.

I love the Rondo foul on him last night. Wade and LeBron need to stop acting like hardo fake tough guys about it. Maybe if Wade wasn't trying to be a stupid dbag and DRIVE to the basket with 3s left in an 11pt game it wouldn't have happened. Take a jumper, if you make it great. Driving to the basket makes you look bad, and of course someone is going to do something about it.

The sheer thought of an LA/MIA finals pisses me off.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:24 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Barclays Center opening (Knicks/Nets) PPD....

Old
10-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
I get what you're saying, but wishing LA would win over Miami just feels so wrong.

That being said, I absolutely despise LeBron, and Wade for that matter. They epitomize everything that's wrong with the sport now. Dwayne Wade used to be a good guy, good player. That 2006 Finals was incredible from him. But ever since LeBron came? He's turned into a whiny ***** just like his teammate.

I love the Rondo foul on him last night. Wade and LeBron need to stop acting like hardo fake tough guys about it. Maybe if Wade wasn't trying to be a stupid dbag and DRIVE to the basket with 3s left in an 11pt game it wouldn't have happened. Take a jumper, if you make it great. Driving to the basket makes you look bad, and of course someone is going to do something about it.

The sheer thought of an LA/MIA finals pisses me off.

Agreed on all accounts. I love that KG gave Ray the cold shoulder last night. It was old school.

Don't get me wrong, sportsmanship is great and all. But old school NBA (Magic/Bird etc.) there was none of this love fest you see now a days. I loved watching the 80's C's team against the Lakers. I hated Kurt Rambis and Bill Lambeer. A little bit of hatred is good for the sport

As far as picking LA over Miami in the finals, it was just to prove a point...how much I truly hate Lebron and Miami. I don't want to see the two teams I hate most make it to the Finals. But if it happens, I hate Lebron and company so much, I weather see Kobe get another ring than Lebron get a second.

Absolutely loved Rondo not taking any crap from Wade. Rondo plays with old school swagger. Glad we locked him up!

Closed Thread