Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2012-2013 Boston Celtics Thread: Part II

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Shaun

vCash: 500
No one is stopping Lebron for the foreseeable future. Start rebuilding now.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:10 PM
pgm16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
So....I'm looking to cast this big budget romantic comedy, and I'm thinking Lindsay Lohan in the lead. Any thoughts?
....i meant if KG or/and PP are not back

Old
05-04-2013, 07:43 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm16 View Post
....i meant if KG or/and PP are not back
Dwight Howard and Rondo would be a trainwreck, especially without either KG or PP to kick their ***** when they get out of line. But that's not going to stop anyone from thinking once Howard slips on their laundry that suddenly he's gonna shape up, I guess.

Old
05-05-2013, 08:00 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Cedric Maxwell said on sports tonight that...Doc KG and Pierce won't be with the Celtics next year

Yikes

Old
05-05-2013, 08:02 PM
GodTukka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post
Cedric Maxwell said on sports tonight that...Doc KG and Pierce won't be with the Celtics next year

Yikes
Welcome to the draft lottery if that's true

Old
05-05-2013, 08:09 PM
pgm16

Quote:

Yikes
Don't like sounds of that !

Old
05-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Ogrim

Quote:

Yikes
If this is true I might actually revisit facebook to host a funeral event for swedish celtics fans.
What is it that the kids say? ... "just, wow "

Old
05-06-2013, 09:53 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:

Yikes
Surprised about Doc, but is this really such a bad thing. Both Garnett and Pierce are on fumes. This team needs that cap space and needs to re-tool. I'm not sure what is out there; but I focus on speed and basketball IQ and build the team around Rondo for success. Not saying he has to be a 'leader', but he's definitely our best player.

Old
05-06-2013, 12:29 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

The deal that Smith brought up on First Take*would reportedly send

Kevin Garnett*and*Paul Pierce*to the Clippers for Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe,*DeAndre Jordan*and Caron Butler.

Doc Rivers would also then sign on to coach Los Angeles.

The idea behind the trade would be to keep Chris Paul from ditching the Clippers for greener pastures.

Nesn.com

Old
05-06-2013, 02:59 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:

Kevin Garnett*and*Paul Pierce*to the Clippers for Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe,*DeAndre Jordan*and Caron Butler.

The idea behind the trade would be to keep Chris Paul from ditching the Clippers for greener pastures.

Nesn.com
seems like a terrible deal for the Clippers? I assume we'd have to add something. Maybe I was figuring a return for Garnett more along the lines of draft picks and retirement.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:13 PM
JuicyJ*

I hate basketball but I can't wait to see Pierce return to the garden whether it be in another uni or retired. He's a Boston Celtic straight up and down, deserves his number in the rafters and an insane standing o.

Old
05-06-2013, 03:28 PM
pgm16

Quote:

Nesn.com

Goodness, the Celtics have to be sending a few draft picks to the west coast for that....but it is not uncommon for 3 way or 4 way trades in the NBA....hmmm....Rondo dishing off to Griffin...Has Pierce indicated he wants to play closer to home ?....

Larry said....to appreciate what it is like to play in the NBA, you really need to play for the Boston Celtics !!

Old
05-06-2013, 04:37 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

I don't mind moving on from Rivers. Change for the sake of change is a good thing in basketball I don't know if he has another season in him coaching us. (The B's might have more life playing for a different coach.)

Peirce returning would need to be as a 6th man off the bench because the starting 5 must get on with life without him.

I love KG and hope he comes back.

IDK about these deals with the Clippers. Rondo and Bledsoe will need to coexist and that might not happen.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:20 PM
BergyDGD
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

Quote:

Nesn.com
Where can I sign up for this one. Probably won't win a title with this line up but lob city East would be fun to watch and they would be an upper echelon team in the east. Don't understand why LA would do it.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:32 PM
CDJ

If we do end up with Bledsoe, I'm turning around and flipping Rondo for some blue chippers (and a backup point) and rolling with

Bledsoe-Bradley-Green-Griffin-Jordan

Butler, Terry, Sullinger,(BLUE CHIPPERS), Shavlik Randolph, Fab Melo, Terrance Williams. It can be filled out accordingly. Maybe deal Terry and add Korver in FA or something.

That team can make some moves in the East I think, as it is easily the most athletic starting 5 in the league. We have the big man clogging the paint to battle the likes of Chandler, Noah, and Hibbert. We have two ELECTRIC guards. A wing that can run with the guards and finish. And Blake Griffin.

With two useful former all stars coming off the bench in Terry and Butler, that team could make some noise.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:34 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
Where can I sign up for this one. Probably won't win a title with this line up but lob city East would be fun to watch and they would be an upper echelon team in the east. Don't understand why LA would do it.
Doc Rivers is a big factor in why they would do it.

I'd argue that he is the biggest factor.

Plus, Pierce and KG are still good to go. They would just need to add another big and then they would be all set in the West

Old
05-06-2013, 05:39 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Doc Rivers is a big factor in why they would do it.

I'd argue that he is the biggest factor.

Plus, Pierce and KG are still good to go. They would just need to add another big and then they would be all set in the West
They aren't giving up a #1 overall pick in Griffen. Not gonna happen.

I am sure there is a deal in place around all the other parts though and Danny will likely take it and squeeze whatever else he can out of them.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:52 PM
pgm16

Bulls gonna beat the Heat !

Old
05-06-2013, 09:10 PM
N o o d l e s

My dream trade is Rondo for LeMarcus Aldridge. But with Lillard on Portland now, that can never happen.

Old
05-07-2013, 03:41 AM
GodTukka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm16 View Post
Goodness, the Celtics have to be sending a few draft picks to the west coast for that....but it is not uncommon for 3 way or 4 way trades in the NBA....hmmm....Rondo dishing off to Griffin...Has Pierce indicated he wants to play closer to home ?....

Larry said....to appreciate what it is like to play in the NBA, you really need to play for the Boston Celtics !!
There's no way in hell it happens.

LA blows up their core to appease Paul...only to be in the same situation in like a year or so down road once KG and Pierce do hang it up...and then Paul leaves anyway leaving the Clippers with nothing

Edit: i should clarify, there's no way it happens that way. As i recall Garnett came realllly close to being dealt to the Clippers before the season started so it wouldn't surprise me.

KG/Blake/CP3....Yikes

Old
05-07-2013, 09:00 AM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
They aren't giving up a #1 overall pick in Griffen. Not gonna happen.

I am sure there is a deal in place around all the other parts though and Danny will likely take it and squeeze whatever else he can out of them.
I think you are undervaluing the value of Doc in this trade. Coaching stability is incredibly important, and the Clippers have had the opposite of that this past decade. And Pierce was still our best player this past year, which is nuts to think about (that's like 15 years and counting now)

Not to mention Griffin has declined slightly each year he has been in the league with his per 36 numbers. He's obviously a great player, but I can see the Clips wanting Garnett so they can get somebody who can actually pop off of a pick play with Paul. I don't necessarily think Griffin is a good fit with Chris Paul- they are exciting together, yes, but not otherworldly productive like one would imagine.

Do I think the trade happens? No. I'd agree that the Clips won't part with Griffin. But it isn't because of his play, it's because of his marketability (which goes a LONG way in LA). He's one of the more genuine guys in a league full of pampered primadonnas.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:02 AM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
There's no way in hell it happens.

LA blows up their core to appease Paul...only to be in the same situation in like a year or so down road once KG and Pierce do hang it up...and then Paul leaves anyway leaving the Clippers with nothing

Edit: i should clarify, there's no way it happens that way. As i recall Garnett came realllly close to being dealt to the Clippers before the season started so it wouldn't surprise me.

KG/Blake/CP3....Yikes
I think I heard that the Clips nixed a KG and Pierce deal at the deadline (Jordan, Bledsoe, and Butler + were coming over)

And they lasted as long as we did in the playoffs. They probably feel pretty stupid right now, as KG and Pierce are perfect fits for matching up against the Grizzlies rugged defense.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Newbie10

Looks like the trade is finally going to happen!

Old
06-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Coach C

I do not follow basketball at all, so I could be understanding this wrong. My understanding is the Rivers signed a 5 year contract and then reportedly has decided he does not want to fulfill the contract and wants to be moved? If so, do all the TT haters now also hate Rivers?

Old
06-17-2013, 03:15 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie10 View Post
Looks like the trade is finally going to happen!
Been listening to sports radio and heard a deal is close, awesome awesome news. Even if Bledsoe isn't included in the deal you still absolutely have to do this. Although I wish Bledsoe was so we could trade Rondo. The fact they're getting a starting Center and a 1st rounder for Doc and KG among other things in the deal is fine by me

Closed Thread