Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 03:28 PM
pgm16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post
The deal that Smith brought up on First Take*would reportedly send

Kevin Garnett*and*Paul Pierce*to the Clippers for Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe,*DeAndre Jordan*and Caron Butler.

Doc Rivers would also then sign on to coach Los Angeles.

The idea behind the trade would be to keep Chris Paul from ditching the Clippers for greener pastures.

Nesn.com

Goodness, the Celtics have to be sending a few draft picks to the west coast for that....but it is not uncommon for 3 way or 4 way trades in the NBA....hmmm....Rondo dishing off to Griffin...Has Pierce indicated he wants to play closer to home ?....

Larry said....to appreciate what it is like to play in the NBA, you really need to play for the Boston Celtics !!

Old
05-06-2013, 04:37 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

I don't mind moving on from Rivers. Change for the sake of change is a good thing in basketball I don't know if he has another season in him coaching us. (The B's might have more life playing for a different coach.)

Peirce returning would need to be as a 6th man off the bench because the starting 5 must get on with life without him.

I love KG and hope he comes back.

IDK about these deals with the Clippers. Rondo and Bledsoe will need to coexist and that might not happen.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:20 PM
BergyDGD
Hockey season yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post
The deal that Smith brought up on First Take*would reportedly send

Kevin Garnett*and*Paul Pierce*to the Clippers for Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe,*DeAndre Jordan*and Caron Butler.

Doc Rivers would also then sign on to coach Los Angeles.

The idea behind the trade would be to keep Chris Paul from ditching the Clippers for greener pastures.

Nesn.com
Where can I sign up for this one. Probably won't win a title with this line up but lob city East would be fun to watch and they would be an upper echelon team in the east. Don't understand why LA would do it.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:32 PM
CDJ*

If we do end up with Bledsoe, I'm turning around and flipping Rondo for some blue chippers (and a backup point) and rolling with

Bledsoe-Bradley-Green-Griffin-Jordan

Butler, Terry, Sullinger,(BLUE CHIPPERS), Shavlik Randolph, Fab Melo, Terrance Williams. It can be filled out accordingly. Maybe deal Terry and add Korver in FA or something.

That team can make some moves in the East I think, as it is easily the most athletic starting 5 in the league. We have the big man clogging the paint to battle the likes of Chandler, Noah, and Hibbert. We have two ELECTRIC guards. A wing that can run with the guards and finish. And Blake Griffin.

With two useful former all stars coming off the bench in Terry and Butler, that team could make some noise.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:34 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
Where can I sign up for this one. Probably won't win a title with this line up but lob city East would be fun to watch and they would be an upper echelon team in the east. Don't understand why LA would do it.
Doc Rivers is a big factor in why they would do it.

I'd argue that he is the biggest factor.

Plus, Pierce and KG are still good to go. They would just need to add another big and then they would be all set in the West

Old
05-06-2013, 05:39 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Doc Rivers is a big factor in why they would do it.

I'd argue that he is the biggest factor.

Plus, Pierce and KG are still good to go. They would just need to add another big and then they would be all set in the West
They aren't giving up a #1 overall pick in Griffen. Not gonna happen.

I am sure there is a deal in place around all the other parts though and Danny will likely take it and squeeze whatever else he can out of them.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:52 PM
pgm16

Bulls gonna beat the Heat !

Old
05-06-2013, 09:10 PM
N o o d l e s

My dream trade is Rondo for LeMarcus Aldridge. But with Lillard on Portland now, that can never happen.

Old
05-07-2013, 03:41 AM
GodTukka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm16 View Post
Goodness, the Celtics have to be sending a few draft picks to the west coast for that....but it is not uncommon for 3 way or 4 way trades in the NBA....hmmm....Rondo dishing off to Griffin...Has Pierce indicated he wants to play closer to home ?....

Larry said....to appreciate what it is like to play in the NBA, you really need to play for the Boston Celtics !!
There's no way in hell it happens.

LA blows up their core to appease Paul...only to be in the same situation in like a year or so down road once KG and Pierce do hang it up...and then Paul leaves anyway leaving the Clippers with nothing

Edit: i should clarify, there's no way it happens that way. As i recall Garnett came realllly close to being dealt to the Clippers before the season started so it wouldn't surprise me.

KG/Blake/CP3....Yikes

Old
05-07-2013, 09:00 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
They aren't giving up a #1 overall pick in Griffen. Not gonna happen.

I am sure there is a deal in place around all the other parts though and Danny will likely take it and squeeze whatever else he can out of them.
I think you are undervaluing the value of Doc in this trade. Coaching stability is incredibly important, and the Clippers have had the opposite of that this past decade. And Pierce was still our best player this past year, which is nuts to think about (that's like 15 years and counting now)

Not to mention Griffin has declined slightly each year he has been in the league with his per 36 numbers. He's obviously a great player, but I can see the Clips wanting Garnett so they can get somebody who can actually pop off of a pick play with Paul. I don't necessarily think Griffin is a good fit with Chris Paul- they are exciting together, yes, but not otherworldly productive like one would imagine.

Do I think the trade happens? No. I'd agree that the Clips won't part with Griffin. But it isn't because of his play, it's because of his marketability (which goes a LONG way in LA). He's one of the more genuine guys in a league full of pampered primadonnas.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:02 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
There's no way in hell it happens.

LA blows up their core to appease Paul...only to be in the same situation in like a year or so down road once KG and Pierce do hang it up...and then Paul leaves anyway leaving the Clippers with nothing

Edit: i should clarify, there's no way it happens that way. As i recall Garnett came realllly close to being dealt to the Clippers before the season started so it wouldn't surprise me.

KG/Blake/CP3....Yikes
I think I heard that the Clips nixed a KG and Pierce deal at the deadline (Jordan, Bledsoe, and Butler + were coming over)

And they lasted as long as we did in the playoffs. They probably feel pretty stupid right now, as KG and Pierce are perfect fits for matching up against the Grizzlies rugged defense.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Newbie10

Looks like the trade is finally going to happen!

Old
06-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Coach C

I do not follow basketball at all, so I could be understanding this wrong. My understanding is the Rivers signed a 5 year contract and then reportedly has decided he does not want to fulfill the contract and wants to be moved? If so, do all the TT haters now also hate Rivers?

Old
06-17-2013, 03:15 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie10 View Post
Been listening to sports radio and heard a deal is close, awesome awesome news. Even if Bledsoe isn't included in the deal you still absolutely have to do this. Although I wish Bledsoe was so we could trade Rondo. The fact they're getting a starting Center and a 1st rounder for Doc and KG among other things in the deal is fine by me

Old
06-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie10 View Post
A trade that is nowhere close to what it was before. As of now it's Rivers/KG/and one of Terry or Lee for Caron Butler, DeAndre Johnson and a 1st round pick?

No Eric Bledsoe? Yikes.

Still getting rid of salary and getting a good C and a pick is nice.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:27 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

DeAndre Jordan is grossly overpaid and isn't that good. The first this year isn't too valuable. I would rather have KG.

Can't imagine anything would come back for Pierce.

I would hold off on dumping Lee's salary too.

Don't love the deal. No matter what we do I don't think we will suck enough to tank for one of the top 4-5 picks next year when a couple franchise players should be coming into the league.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:32 PM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

The thing that makes me laugh about this whole thing is that Doc apparently wants to work for Donald Sterling. I love Doc, but looks like he might have skipped some crucial homework on this one.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:38 PM
BergyDGD
Hockey season yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C View Post
I do not follow basketball at all, so I could be understanding this wrong. My understanding is the Rivers signed a 5 year contract and then reportedly has decided he does not want to fulfill the contract and wants to be moved? If so, do all the TT haters now also hate Rivers?
I actually do feel the same way. He's basically holding the Celtics hostage by wanting to go to LA and if he doesn't he'll take his ball and go home and take a broadcasting job. He knew the Big 3 era was closing when he signed the deal. You don't want to rebuild? Tough ****, you're one of the highest paid coaches do your job. The organization brought him an all star cast for him to make runs at a title and he did deliver one. Now the future is a bit cloudy and he wants out, coward move.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
The thing that makes me laugh about this whole thing is that Doc apparently wants to work for Donald Sterling. I love Doc, but looks like he might have skipped some crucial homework on this one.
Doc's there to coach the basketball team. Why should he be worried about Sterling? Sterling's also not what he used to be. The guy's spending all the money he can right now and it looks like he just wants to win a title before father time catches up to him.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:47 PM
BergyDGD
Hockey season yet?

I don't like this purposed deal, DeAndre Jordan is the centerpiece???
KG even at his age>Jordan
Doc>any other coach we get
Clippers are gonna be good so the first round pick is gonna suck anyway.

Personally I'd like to see Pierce and KG back for one more run with a healthy Rondo. This doesn't do crap to set them up for rebuilding unless it makes them suck bad enough to get into the lottery.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:48 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
I actually do feel the same way. He's basically holding the Celtics hostage by wanting to go to LA and if he doesn't he'll take his ball and go home and take a broadcasting job. He knew the Big 3 era was closing when he signed the deal. You don't want to rebuild? Tough ****, you're one of the highest paid coaches do your job. The organization brought him an all star cast for him to make runs at a title and he did deliver one. Now the future is a bit cloudy and he wants out, coward move.
He was never going to stay here 10+ years.

The guy is ready for a change, he wouldn't leave for another team as a contender but now we aren't Rondo and a bunch of question marks aren't enough for him to want to stay. Coaches only have certain shelf lives Doc Rivers doesn't have another 8-9 years in Boston post big 3 in him (if he stayed a Celtic he'd be signing up for another 2-3 years of rebuilding and 5-6 as a contender.)

We can keep him from working for any other NBA team until 2015. If the Clips don't get him any team that he wants to coach who wants to sign us is going to have to work out a sweetheart trade with Ainge.

Fingers crossed we go sign Lionel Hollins as coach. He is the best coach in the NBA.

I personally make the best offer we can make to get Griffin. All of a sudden he is available and the price tag sounds low if they need to add Bledsoe to get Howard. Toss in a couple firsts and Melo or Sully and send Pierce.

Pierce, KG, Doc, Fab Melo, pick for Blake Griffen sounds good to me.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:49 PM
acr*

Who the hell is DeAndre Jordan? Caron Butler was mediocre when he came out of UCONN like 11 years ago. Is that really the best Ainge could do?

I knew the Big 3 era was coming to a quick end, but I didn't think we'd blow it up completely. Might as well get some picks for Rondo too and try to tank for the next few years then try again.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
Who the hell is DeAndre Jordan? Caron Butler was mediocre when he came out of UCONN like 11 years ago. Is that really the best Ainge could do?

I knew the Big 3 era was coming to a quick end, but I didn't think we'd blow it up completely. Might as well get some picks for Rondo too and try to tank for the next few years then try again.
Butler is in there to make salaries matchup. It's an expiring contract, happens all the time.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:58 PM
BergyDGD
Hockey season yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post

DeAndre Jordan likes to dunk the basketball, averaged almost 9 pts and 8 rebs a game. Stepped it up to 3.5 ppg in the post season and 6 rebs a game. Great building block for the future

Old
06-17-2013, 04:00 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Stephen A Smith was right all along

Gonna be so sad to see Pierce leave

One of my favorite Boston athletes of all time an absolute legend

Closed Thread