HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

The 2012-2013 Boston Celtics Thread: Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2012, 10:17 AM
  #151
CDJ*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Lets have a parade.
Seriously just stop. You contribute nothing to anything. Making the ECF and going to game 7 is an accomplishment. It isn't the ultimate goal obviously, but geez dude just tone it down. I didn't see you being an ******* when the Celtics were winning....

CDJ* is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 10:47 AM
  #152
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
The Celtics have enough capspace for 2 max contracts but theres no good free agents until next year, and Boston hasn't been exactly a free agent destination.
Fingers crossed the best coach and pg in the league changes that next summer. If I am Ainge I think about trading up for Austin Rivers just so you know Doc doesn't think of retiring and we remain an attractive free agent destination. Hopefully we didn't piss of Rondo trying to trade him and he is willing to resign in a couple years.

Garnett needs to be offered either another year max deal or a 2-3 year deal at a little smaller money. Until he gets another injury he is still one of the 5/10 best big men in the NBA.

I think you need to move on from Ray Allen only because he'll take too many shots from younger kids (a reason I don't bring Pietrus back either.) Bradley, Green, and a guard we draft in the first round (Dion Waiters or Rivers is my choice) will look nice with Paul and Rondo.

I love Wilcox so if KG is back I love the front court with him added to Steimsma and Bass.



At the end of the day I expect my teams to lose like the Celtics did. They were contenders and were knocking on the door but just didn't have it in them to close the series (similar to the Bruins 2 years ago against Philly.) Every year can't be a championship year, I really appreciate deep runs like we had this year when the team gives everything they had. Its a shame Bosh and Battier didn't miss from 3 and when we slowed down Lebron as much as we could hope for he hits a dagger from half court. Noone had a bad game for Miami last night, if Peitrus isn't going to make a single 3 when the heats role players all go off you can't win.




Going forward the biggest weakness is that the best PG in the league is going to need a little bit more speed. We don't get as many fast break points as we should. Got to go young we need to give Rondo some guys who can get easy transition buckets and beat defenders off the dribble. (I think if Ray is retired too and Green/Bradley/PP/whoever break down he's gonna answer the phone if it rings.)

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 10:49 AM
  #153
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
There is trolling, then there is TROLLING. You, my friend, are TROLLING.

Damn those chest pumping thugs showing emotion during the game! DAMN THEM! It's not like they aren't three of the best players of all time or anything. It's not like Rondo is a top 3 PG in the league or anything. It's not like they have won anything at all. God forbid those thugs (Ray Allen is straight gangsta dawg) pump....their.....chests. Makes me sick.
Far from trolling ! Never said they stunk, Rondo is good but he is a punk,KG well ? The truth ? They so great they should have steamrolled in first two rounds vs the scrubs they played and good for them for almost pulling out a miracle vs the heat.

When all is said and done L.J. will go down as one of the greatest players ever yet C's fans and the joke of a media green teamers mock the guy yet KG is a warrior oh thats emotion.

Great for them for winning a championship now lets put all the Bruins from last years team in the HOF along with the "big 3 " or is the the "big 4" ?

4ORRBRUIN is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 11:01 AM
  #154
CDJ*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Far from trolling ! Never said they stunk, Rondo is good but he is a punk,KG well ? The truth ? They so great they should have steamrolled in first two rounds vs the scrubs they played and good for them for almost pulling out a miracle vs the heat.

When all is said and done L.J. will go down as one of the greatest players ever yet C's fans and the joke of a media green teamers mock the guy yet KG is a warrior oh thats emotion.

Great for them for winning a championship now lets put all the Bruins from last years team in the HOF along with the "big 3 " or is the the "big 4" ?
The big 3 are HOF's. PERIOD. No questions asked. Doesn't take an expert to know that. Rondo hates the media, much like Jim Rice did, and pays for it with the medias portrayal of him as an egomaniac. Garnett is a dick, but he has kind of earned the right at this point. Plus, he actually has won something. Pierce is a great guy from all accounts, especially when you factor in the fact that he grew up in Inglewood. He does a lot of charity work in the area and has the respect of every player in the league.

And yes, Lebron is one of the best players to have ever laced up the sneakers. But he deserves all the hate he gets. The hour long ESPN program where he essentially spit in the face of his home town, guaranteeing not one...not two...not three... championships, the parade that was held for there big 3 after not winning a damn thing, he calls himself King James, wears his own MVP shirts, essentially told people after losing to the Mavs that he is going back to his awesome life while all the people rooting against him have ****** lives, whines to the officials like nobody I've ever seen (especially since he gets more calls than any player in the league), he is a giant flopper, and to top it off he talks a ton of **** and complains when anything is said about him.

In essence, he is a hypocritical baby and a VERY easy figure to hate. And I thought that way about him when he was in Cleveland, right after he didn't shake hands after being eliminated by the C's.

CDJ* is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 12:24 PM
  #155
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
All I want as a fan is for the ****ing refs to call the game evenly. That does not happen in the NBA anymore, it simply doesn't and that's a shame.
I'm sure Atlanta did too. But at least they got apology from the league after. Which I never saw posted in this thread at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Sounds like LeBron already forgot he had that same chance last year and sucked. Dude is such a fraud and so incredibly hateable. I hope OKC stomps all over his face, ego, and team.
Meanwhile, two of the big four walk off the court with time running on the clock to avoid the postgame handshake and nary a peep is heard from these parts.

Gotta love the cognitive dissonance of the fan who rants about class and how everyone else but their own is lacking it.


Last edited by GarbageGoal: 06-10-2012 at 12:30 PM.
GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 12:25 PM
  #156
Mancini0518
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Far from trolling ! Never said they stunk, Rondo is good but he is a punk,KG well ? The truth ? They so great they should have steamrolled in first two rounds vs the scrubs they played and good for them for almost pulling out a miracle vs the heat.

When all is said and done L.J. will go down as one of the greatest players ever yet C's fans and the joke of a media green teamers mock the guy yet KG is a warrior oh thats emotion.

Great for them for winning a championship now lets put all the Bruins from last years team in the HOF along with the "big 3 " or is the the "big 4" ?
Kevin Garnett is top 20 in NBA history in Points, rebounds, blocks, and steals. He is also the only player in NBA history that is top 20 in all four categories. Also lets add to that MVP award in 2004, NBA defensive POY in 2008, nine time all-NBA selection, and twelve time all defensive team selection. Not to mention he is 18th on the NBA all time scoring list. So yeah I'm pretty sure he is a first ballot hall of famer.

Ray Allen is a 10 time NBA all star, 2 time all NBA selection, won a gold medal in 2000, All time leader in 3 point field goals made in a career and season. He also holds those two records in the playoffs as well. He is also 26th on the NBA all time scoring list. Lets remember he plays shooting guard a position not known for racking up rebounds or assists.

Paul Pierce NBA finals MVP, 3 time all nab selection, 10 time all star, Celtics 2nd all time leading scorer, All NBA first team, holds 17 individual single game or season Celtics records. Oh and he is 25th on the NBA all time scoring list with years to go.

Not sure what it is you have against the celtics or these 3 players but its not hard to see why all three of these guys are HOF players.

Basketball reference does a HOF probability for all time great players, just to see Kevin Garnett has a 99.85% chance of the hall ahead of guys like Moses Malone who are already inducted, Paul Pierce has a 98.36% chance ahead of guys like Willis Reed, and Ray Allen has a 93.82% chance ahead of guys like John Stockton and Bob Mcadoo.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ob_career.html

Mancini0518 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 02:09 PM
  #157
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
I'll be honest these last few years I havent paid attention much to the Celtics. Mainly because the NBA has blown REAL hard. More of a spectacle than a sport. Also I didn't like some of the moves Ainge has made.

I didn't like how he traded Harangody & Erden. I believe Erden has said he would come back to the Celtics when his contract is up. This off season is it up.

I don't like seeing all this talk about trading Pierce.

I have seen people saying the Celtics may have 1-2 runs in them. Sign KG & Ray to friendly contracts. Have the roster be something like

PG - Rondo, rookie, rookie
SG - Bradley, Moore
SF - Pierce, Green
PF - Bass, Johnson, rookie
C - Garnett, Erden, Stiesma

maybe add in another vet.


Whenever I hear people say LBJ is the GOAT

come on now....

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
  #158
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Never seen such a delusional fan base than C's fans That mock Heat players about there behavior yet the team they root for have there own punk,classless foul mouth chest pumping pushuping thugs of there own.

Fact is there lost to a MUCH better team and where a few last minute shot misses of being beating in 5 games..
How's your high horse?

Since when are the Celtics thugs? KG is intense and mouths off absolutely, and Rondo can get carried away at times, but comparing them to the complete mockery that the Heat make of the NBA and its officials is straight up moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Far from trolling ! Never said they stunk, Rondo is good but he is a punk,KG well ? The truth ? They so great they should have steamrolled in first two rounds vs the scrubs they played and good for them for almost pulling out a miracle vs the heat.

When all is said and done L.J. will go down as one of the greatest players ever yet C's fans and the joke of a media green teamers mock the guy yet KG is a warrior oh thats emotion.
They are great, but they are also all 35+ years old. Of course younger, athletic teams are going to give them a run for the money. Concerning LeBron, at least Pierce, KG and Ray have won a ****ing ring, unlike LBJ. I'm sure he'll go down as one of the bests, but if you are so blinded by hatred for the Celtics that you cannot see that all THREE of those guys are HoFers, you should just stop trying to voice your opinion in this thread right now.


Last edited by Guiledoom: 06-10-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Guiledoom is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:10 PM
  #159
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I'm sure Atlanta did too. But at least they got apology from the league after. Which I never saw posted in this thread at the time.



Meanwhile, two of the big four walk off the court with time running on the clock to avoid the postgame handshake and nary a peep is heard from these parts.

Gotta love the cognitive dissonance of the fan who rants about class and how everyone else but their own is lacking it.
ATL got some horrendous calls called against them no doubt, I didn't realize the league apologized about it. Point is, the reffing is ****ing terrible as a whole, I'm not going to sit here and say the Celtics never get calls because they do, but if you can honestly sit back after watching that Miami series and say the way those games were called as even remotely close to even, you're delusional, and one of "those" fans who refuses to hold refs accountable.

Why does the handshake matter? I'm sure people would've complained about LeBron not doing it, and probably did when he stormed off the court after losing game 7 in 08 with Cleveland, but honestly who gives a ****. It's a great aspect of the sport of hockey, but basketball? Give me a break. Non issue. If you're KG, do you really care about wishing a smug ***** like LeBron luck in the finals when he just beat you in a game 7 to go to said finals, in what possibly might be the last game of your career? If I was in his position, I absolutely wouldn't.

Guiledoom is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 09:08 PM
  #160
Lordstanley
Playoffs!
 
Lordstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Loge - 4 + Sec -316
Country: United States
Posts: 2,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
The big 3 are HOF's. PERIOD. No questions asked. Doesn't take an expert to know that. Rondo hates the media, much like Jim Rice did, and pays for it with the medias portrayal of him as an egomaniac. Garnett is a dick, but he has kind of earned the right at this point. Plus, he actually has won something. Pierce is a great guy from all accounts, especially when you factor in the fact that he grew up in Inglewood. He does a lot of charity work in the area and has the respect of every player in the league.

And yes, Lebron is one of the best players to have ever laced up the sneakers. But he deserves all the hate he gets. The hour long ESPN program where he essentially spit in the face of his home town, guaranteeing not one...not two...not three... championships, the parade that was held for there big 3 after not winning a damn thing, he calls himself King James, wears his own MVP shirts, essentially told people after losing to the Mavs that he is going back to his awesome life while all the people rooting against him have ****** lives, whines to the officials like nobody I've ever seen (especially since he gets more calls than any player in the league), he is a giant flopper, and to top it off he talks a ton of **** and complains when anything is said about him.

In essence, he is a hypocritical baby and a VERY easy figure to hate. And I thought that way about him when he was in Cleveland, right after he didn't shake hands after being eliminated by the C's.
Zing !

Lordstanley is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 09:21 PM
  #161
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
How's your high horse?

Since when are the Celtics thugs? KG is intense and mouths off absolutely, and Rondo can get carried away at times, but comparing them to the complete mockery that the Heat make of the NBA and its officials is straight up moronic.



They are great, but they are also all 35+ years old. Of course younger, athletic teams are going to give them a run for the money. Concerning LeBron, at least Pierce, KG and Ray have won a ****ing ring, unlike LBJ. I'm sure he'll go down as one of the bests, but if you are so blinded by hatred for the Celtics that you cannot see that all THREE of those guys are HoFers, you should just stop trying to voice your opinion in this thread right now.
Ok now put on your footsie Celtic pj's and go to bed and stop giving orders Pathetic homer..... so much wrong with your post. You must be related to Tommy Heinsohn.

4ORRBRUIN is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 09:22 PM
  #162
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
ATL got some horrendous calls called against them no doubt, I didn't realize the league apologized about it. Point is, the reffing is ****ing terrible as a whole, I'm not going to sit here and say the Celtics never get calls because they do, but if you can honestly sit back after watching that Miami series and say the way those games were called as even remotely close to even, you're delusional, and one of "those" fans who refuses to hold refs accountable.
I started holding the refs and the league accountable in 1998 when I stopped going to games, watching the NBA on TV, or buying their merchandise after I realized it was for the most part, rigged. From the officiating, to the draft, to the ridiculous transactions where small market teams are basically bullied and ***** by the elite of the league. The whole thing is a sports entertainment farce. Yes, even the "magical season" of 2008.

As far as all the handshake stuff and the Celtics not being thugs....if KG, Rondo and Pierce (who for all his faults was a man about it and stayed on the court to shake hands) played for a rival like say, the Knicks AND with the caveat that the Celtics were still good enough to be cared about in this town to merit even being posted about here, they'd be vilified in threads like this as much as the Heat are. Fact, not opinion, like the man says. The ultimate problem with the "culture of the league" as you called it is that no one team is particularly likeable (even those choir boys the Spurs are massive floppers who troll for calls) unless you just really, really like the color of the laundry. The NBA "fan" gets what they deserve as long as they complain about the smell from the neighbor's trash cans while never addressing their own rubbish.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 09:30 PM
  #163
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Ok now put on your footsie Celtic pj's and go to bed and stop giving orders Pathetic homer..... so much wrong with your post. You must be related to Tommy Heinsohn.
That's really all you've got? Give it a rest.

Guiledoom is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 09:34 PM
  #164
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I started holding the refs and the league accountable in 1998 when I stopped going to games, watching the NBA on TV, or buying their merchandise after I realized it was for the most part, rigged. From the officiating, to the draft, to the ridiculous transactions where small market teams are basically bullied and ***** by the elite of the league. The whole thing is a sports entertainment farce. Yes, even the "magical season" of 2008.

As far as all the handshake stuff and the Celtics not being thugs....if KG, Rondo and Pierce (who for all his faults was a man about it and stayed on the court to shake hands) played for a rival like say, the Knicks AND with the caveat that the Celtics were still good enough to be cared about in this town to merit even being posted about here, they'd be vilified in threads like this as much as the Heat are. Fact, not opinion, like the man says. The ultimate problem with the "culture of the league" as you called it is that no one team is particularly likeable (even those choir boys the Spurs are massive floppers who troll for calls) unless you just really, really like the color of the laundry. The NBA "fan" gets what they deserve as long as they complain about the smell from the neighbor's trash cans while never addressing their own rubbish.
You mean the season Danny's buddy Kevin M fleeced his own organization on his way out the door to help out his former team? Celtics sucked for so long the NBA turned a blind eye on that one for sure.

Not sure why Kevin M didn't get another ring for that.

4ORRBRUIN is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 09:38 PM
  #165
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
That's really all you've got? Give it a rest.
Done I'm sure poster are tired of the Celtics thread bump and want it to fall of the page.

4ORRBRUIN is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 09:50 PM
  #166
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 15,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Ok now put on your footsie Celtic pj's and go to bed and stop giving orders Pathetic homer..... so much wrong with your post. You must be related to Tommy Heinsohn.
Quote:
biography
had season tix threw the 80s and early 90s
Interests
my family of 4 kids and wonderfull wife.and of coarse sports.
lol.

BrainOfJ is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 10:00 PM
  #167
CDJ*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Done I'm sure poster are tired of the Celtics thread bump and want it to fall of the page.
Bump.


On a serious note, I really like the possibilities we have in the draft. We could package the picks and move up to get Doc's kid (who is rumored to have a guarantee from a team in the late lottery). Or we can keep both and add some more youth to our talent pool. There are some interesting players in this years draft. Royce White could be a very good fit here. Top 5 talent, but will fall due to issues with anxiety/fear of flying. He has apparently conquered that fear, so things are starting to shape up for him and he might go just a bit earlier.

CDJ* is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 10:08 PM
  #168
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I started holding the refs and the league accountable in 1998 when I stopped going to games, watching the NBA on TV, or buying their merchandise after I realized it was for the most part, rigged. From the officiating, to the draft, to the ridiculous transactions where small market teams are basically bullied and ***** by the elite of the league. The whole thing is a sports entertainment farce. Yes, even the "magical season" of 2008.

As far as all the handshake stuff and the Celtics not being thugs....if KG, Rondo and Pierce (who for all his faults was a man about it and stayed on the court to shake hands) played for a rival like say, the Knicks AND with the caveat that the Celtics were still good enough to be cared about in this town to merit even being posted about here, they'd be vilified in threads like this as much as the Heat are. Fact, not opinion, like the man says. The ultimate problem with the "culture of the league" as you called it is that no one team is particularly likeable (even those choir boys the Spurs are massive floppers who troll for calls) unless you just really, really like the color of the laundry. The NBA "fan" gets what they deserve as long as they complain about the smell from the neighbor's trash cans while never addressing their own rubbish.
I had a whole response to this typed out, then deleted it since I don't even know what I'm arguing anymore.

Every team gets ****** calls, and the culture of basketball only allows the trend of hilariously one-sided officiated games to occur. It needs to change.

Guiledoom is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 04:33 PM
  #169
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,039
vCash: 500
Boston was just awarded a 2013 2nd round pick from OKC due to the Jeff Green health issue. Even better - the pick will be coming from Charlotte so if they really suck again next season ( which is extremely likely ) then it's like getting an extra late 1st round pick.

Full Story: http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...ft-2nd-rounder

BostonBob is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 04:38 PM
  #170
CDJ*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
That is good news. That pick could produce a semi useful player

CDJ* is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 05:05 PM
  #171
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
lol.

N o o d l e s is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 05:06 PM
  #172
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
That is good news. That pick could produce a semi useful player
Or maybe package up with their own 2013 pick and move up in the 1st round kind of like I hope they do on Thursday. Right now Boston has 4 picks in the 2013 NBA Draft so they could definitely do something to move up and get somebody that they want.

1st round - their own pick

2nd round - their own pick
2nd round - Charlotte ( through OKC for the Jeff Green health issues )
2nd round - Minnesota ( through Cleveland in exchange for Luke Harangody and Semih Erden )

BostonBob is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 05:09 PM
  #173
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,166
vCash: 500
Anybody see that the C's promised Royce White they'd take him at 22? If you watched March Madness, boy was White impressive. Dude is 6'8'' and was playing out of his normal PF position to play PG where ISU was rocked by injuries. He can ball handle like he's 6'2'' but has the body to be a force on the block even at such a small height for a PF.

Seems like the kind of kid that has great work ethic, intangibles, and is diverse on the court. With the transition of the NBA to run and gun, off the dribble (blehhh), he seems like the kind of guy you can use. Not a starter, but very solid off the bench.

N o o d l e s is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 05:26 PM
  #174
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
Anybody see that the C's promised Royce White they'd take him at 22? If you watched March Madness, boy was White impressive. Dude is 6'8'' and was playing out of his normal PF position to play PG where ISU was rocked by injuries. He can ball handle like he's 6'2'' but has the body to be a force on the block even at such a small height for a PF.
TSN has him going to Boston at # 21 in their Mock Draft. This is a real hard draft to predict - every Mock Draft I have seen has completely different players getting picked by Boston. Has anybody here heard anything new about Boston using the # 21 and # 22 picks to move up and draft Doc's kid ???? I've seen Mock Drafts that have Austin Rivers going anywhere from # 8 to # 15.

BostonBob is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
  #175
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,039
vCash: 500
It's not exactly at the Bobby Orr in a Blackhawks jersey level but let's hope the rumours are wrong and we don't see this next year:


BostonBob is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.