Old
06-30-2012, 01:07 PM
kman22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
holy ****

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Celtics to re-sign forward Kevin Garnett to a three-year, $34 million deal, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.
Was that whole quote a typo? I want him back, but 3 years? Very strange, or clever if he retires after this year.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:08 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segchise View Post
Thank you KG! I think Ray will be back now too!
I still think ray is gone.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:33 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
Was that whole quote a typo? I want him back, but 3 years? Very strange, or clever if he retires after this year.
Would still count against the cap if he retired.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:35 PM
BostonBruins92
Closer to the Sun

Can't they buy a contract out in the NBA and not lose the cap space?

Old
06-30-2012, 02:55 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapeze11 View Post
Can't they buy a contract out in the NBA and not lose the cap space?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they can. The NBA salary cap is a joke.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:13 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

awesome to have KG back

guy is officially the heart and soul of the Celtics

Old
06-30-2012, 03:51 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Whats strange about giving one of the greatest players of all time 3 years? He made over 20 this year since he signed his contract so long ago your getting him at 50 cents on the dollar of course hes gonna ask for another year.

People bash the Bruins for trading Orr when he only played 20 games after leaving Boston but giving Garnett an extra year is a mistake?

Old
06-30-2012, 03:53 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Thank you KG! I think Ray will be back now too!
Allen can go do himself this is RONDO's team.

Ray wants to bash our PG he should remember costing us the 2010 finals when he didn't make a single 3 the game after he broke the record for 3 pointers.

I'd take Allen back if he knew his role (being a Kyle Korver or Mike Miller and just jacking 3s) but he has the nerve to think he should start over Avery which is moronic.

See ya Ray and take your mom with you.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
Thats the perfect length.

3 years is when the major development of Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo, Greg Steimsma,r and JuJuan Johnson will occur.

What better mentors could they have, than KG and Doc Rivers? This improves their chances of becoming contributors by such a great amount.

I love the deal.

Ray Allen? I can take or leave his return. I think he can still be a good piece, but I want to get younger at that spot. I'd rather have a younger version, Jamal Crawford, at this stage of the game. Start Bradley and bring Crawford off the bench for 2nd unit scoring.

Later

Old
06-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they can. The NBA salary cap is a joke.
They are allowed to get rid of 1 contract, via the Amnesty Clause of the CBA. This allows the team to get rid of 1 contact. Its in effect for only last season and this season.

Gilbert Arenas was let go via this clause.

Later

Old
06-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post

Ray wants to bash our PG he should remember costing us the 2010 finals when he didn't make a single 3 the game after he broke the record for 3 pointers.

I'd take Allen back if he knew his role (being a Kyle Korver or Mike Miller and just jacking 3s) but he has the nerve to think he should start over Avery which is moronic.

It wasnt just Allen who was upset. KG and Pierce were also upset. Teammates having issues with each other is commonplace. Rondo took his issue onto the court. He REPEATEDLY would not pass the ball to Allen in 2 consecutive games.

I like Rondos game, but how can you back him up? This is a kid who has done the following:

1. Pouted after the Perkins trade and allowed it to greatly affect his play.
2. Sat in his car before a game and REFUSED to enter the arena because he was upset with his coach. He would not enter the building until Perk and Pierce talked him back in.
3. Got upset over Obamas joking comment about his struggles with his jumper. He was not the only player on the team that Obama teased. But Rondo allowed it affect his play.
4. Refused to distribute the ball to a player he had an issue with.

This is also the kid who was a coach killer at Kentucky. He was suspended 3 times for conduct detrimental to the team.

This is not a kid who had a bad day. He has MANY bad days.

That said, I wouldnt trade him for any other 1, other than Chris Paul or Derrick Rose.

Later

Old
06-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:

Actually, Ray Allen came out and said he would come off the bench. That was spoken about numerous times. He is a FA. If he wants to see if he can, get a starting gig, whats wrong with that.

BTW....did you place any blame on Rondo for his allowing Mario Chalmers of all people to absolutely OWN him in 3 games during the ECF...including the one after his 43 point performance? Chalmers played Rondo like a fiddle for 3 games.

It could easily be argued that Chalmers destruction of Rondo for a 3 game stretch cost the C's 2 games during the series. Win one of them, and they get to the Finals.

Later

Old
06-30-2012, 07:13 PM
pgm16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
holy ****

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Celtics to re-sign forward Kevin Garnett to a three-year, $34 million deal, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.
Great news !!!

Old
06-30-2012, 07:32 PM
kman22

Quote:
Whats strange about giving one of the greatest players of all time 3 years? He made over 20 this year since he signed his contract so long ago your getting him at 50 cents on the dollar of course hes gonna ask for another year.

People bash the Bruins for trading Orr when he only played 20 games after leaving Boston but giving Garnett an extra year is a mistake?
He lookes pretty done at the beginning of the season. I have no doubt he'll be goos this season, but 3 years? That'd surprise me. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:33 PM
CDJ*

Rondo was also one of the lazier defenders I've ever seen in the second half of the Miami series.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:03 PM
MioneRask134

To get OJ Mayo they'd have to trade Bass. But I'm more inclined to keep Bass.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:09 PM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
To get OJ Mayo they'd have to trade Bass. But I'm more inclined to keep Bass.
Mayo is a UFA don't have to trade Bass. The Celtics have over 30 mil in cap space to play with so it should be a couple of fun days for Celtic and maybe Bruins fans

Old
06-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Memphis renounced Mayo....so I think they can just sign him as a UFA. Don't really want a guy who cheated in college and was busted for performances enhancers etc but I think the Celts do.
Yup.

I would take Mayo in a heartbeat.

You cant teach athleticism. They guy can play. He adds size at a wing position. Gets to the rim well and most importantly, he gives them a player who can run the floor with Rondo.

Later

Old
06-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepootamis View Post
Mayo is a UFA don't have to trade Bass. The Celtics have over 30 mil in cap space to play with so it should be a couple of fun days for Celtic and maybe Bruins fans
Bass opted out of his option year, because he is looking for a big BIG salary increase. Dont know as he is the guy the C's will want to give 10 mill per to.

Plus, when you look at the forward spots, in particular the 4 and 5 spots, the C's have a number of options.

Steimsma, Garnett, Sullinger, JuJuan Johnson, Melo. And dont forget Chris Wilcox. He isnt the sexy name, but he played damned well before his heart condition. As many said throughout the season, he was really the only big they had who could run with Rondo.

I would like to see this for a roster:

5- Garnett (Played his best in that spot. Not many good 5's in the NBA)
4- Sullinger (Likely opens the season as the C's best low post offensive threat despite playing below the rim)
3- Pierce (Nothing to say, really)
2- Bradley (His is still a question mark to me, not for his injury, but I want to see how he plays once the league gets the "book" on him)
1- Rondo (Again, nothing to say)

Bench:
4/5's- Steimsma, Wilcox (solid hardworking rebounders and defender who can get up and down suprisingly well), Melo (With the new D-League rules, players can be called up and sent down as often as the parent team desires. He can practice with the C's and play with the Red Claws), Johnson (needs to get tougher)
2/3's- Green (more of a 3 and he can run with Rondo), Mayo (size at the wing, can run and gets to the rim)
1/2's-Moore (I think he can score a bit off the bench and has a shooters mentality), Dooling (I like what he brought in terms of a calming presence)

I wouldnt mind Crawford either. He would absolutely be the offensive threat they clearly missed on the 2nd unit. And I could take Ryan Hollins over Johnson. Trade Johnson to someone for a late 1st or 2nd.

Later

Last edited by Jeff from Maine: 06-30-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old
06-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Soderberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine View Post
I like Rondos game, but how can you back him up? This is a kid who has done the following:

1. Pouted after the Perkins trade and allowed it to greatly affect his play.
2. Sat in his car before a game and REFUSED to enter the arena because he was upset with his coach. He would not enter the building until Perk and Pierce talked him back in.
3. Got upset over Obamas joking comment about his struggles with his jumper. He was not the only player on the team that Obama teased. But Rondo allowed it affect his play.
4. Refused to distribute the ball to a player he had an issue with.
He's also come back and played after he dislocated his elbow. He's emotional/sensitive, but he cares about winning and gives it his all when the team needs him most. He always shows up for big games. I wouldn't trade him for anyone but KD or Lebron lol. When did 2 happen? I never heard about some of the things you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Rondo was also one of the lazier defenders I've ever seen in the second half of the Miami series.
He was defending Lebron and Wade a lot. It's not laziness, it's nearly impossible.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:29 PM
N o o d l e s

The guy I really want is Ersan Ilyasova. I know most people probably don't know who he is or have never seen him play, but he's a very athletic 4 who can step outside an shoot and can run the floor. I've wanted him for a while, and actually heard he was linked to either the C's or the Nets. I really hope the Celts sign him, he can be a nice piece, provide great depth at the 4, and won't break the bank.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:36 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
He's also come back and played after he dislocated his elbow. He's emotional/sensitive, but he cares about winning and gives it his all when the team needs him most. He always shows up for big games. I wouldn't trade him for anyone but KD or Lebron lol. When did 2 happen? I never heard about some of the things you said.

He was defending Lebron and Wade a lot. It's not laziness, it's nearly impossible.
Chalmers blew by him multiple times. No excuse for that at all.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:37 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
The guy I really want is Ersan Ilyasova. I know most people probably don't know who he is or have never seen him play, but he's a very athletic 4 who can step outside an shoot and can run the floor. I've wanted him for a while, and actually heard he was linked to either the C's or the Nets. I really hope the Celts sign him, he can be a nice piece, provide great depth at the 4, and won't break the bank.
He would be an amazing addition. He will definitely see a good contract offer somewhere though. I like that he has the ability to hit 3's but is still a great rebounder

Closed Thread