HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-10-2012, 05:25 PM
zap14

vCash: 500
My buddy just got his Flyers season tickets in today and they're listed like normal with team names and dates.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

I keep reading about all of these other teams offering STH some interest during the lockout as an option.. Even the Coyotes and Blue Jackets are giving 2% APR.. So why haven't the Devils communicated anything?

Old
09-17-2012, 06:51 PM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
I keep reading about all of these other teams offering STH some interest during the lockout as an option.. Even the Coyotes and Blue Jackets are giving 2% APR.. So why haven't the Devils communicated anything?
Because you havent lost any value yet? Youll get any games missed as credits anyway.

If the team gives you 1 free ticket (or more) that could be worth more than 2% apr after an entire year anyway as 2% on $2000 is a whopping $40.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
zap14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
I just read the Yahoo article how the Wild and Predators are offering 10% WTF!!!!

Old
09-18-2012, 01:25 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy3pro View Post
I just read the Yahoo article how the Wild and Predators are offering 10% WTF!!!!
i think i may invest in predators tickets lol

Old
09-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy3pro View Post
I think it's the fact that these season ticket holders will easily pay that in food cost and merchandise. May seem like a lot, but if you go to 41 games, even if you buy food at half of them and that's not counting future seasons.

Old
09-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Brick City
Ignore me!

I was walking through Championship Plaza last week and noticed that the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals victory was added to the collection of marker stones.

Also, a banner has appeared on the last vacant building on Edison Place advertising new apartments. I read somewhere a few months ago that the owner of Brick City Bar & Grill will be opening a beer garden themed place on the first level. The Hotel Indigo construction appears to be moving along - the Newark thread of Wired New York has renderings of the project (link to the post).

Old
09-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Devils Dominion
7% chance miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick City View Post
I was walking through Championship Plaza last week and noticed that the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals victory was added to the collection of marker stones.

Also, a banner has appeared on the last vacant building on Edison Place advertising new apartments. I read somewhere a few months ago that the owner of Brick City Bar & Grill will be opening a beer garden themed place on the first level. The Hotel Indigo construction appears to be moving along - the Newark thread of Wired New York has renderings of the project (link to the post).
Anyone else feel that the quality of Brick City Bar & Grill has gone down quite a bit since the first year it opened?

It once was a good place to eat & drink, it does not feel as upkept as it once was (lots of flies around the bar area last time I was there in August).

The other bars on that street are run much better, especially the food and drink offerings.

Old
09-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

**** interest, I want cash money back in my pocket immediately for every game canceled. I wonder what our credit card folks would do if I called up and demanded money back on our season payment for services not rendered?

Old
09-20-2012, 07:26 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
**** interest, I want cash money back in my pocket immediately for every game canceled. I wonder what our credit card folks would do if I called up and demanded money back on our season payment for services not rendered?
Good luck with that!

Old
09-20-2012, 11:56 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Here's the info from the Devils for the lockout.

Quote:
Dear Season Ticket Holder:

As I am sure you are aware, the current collective bargaining negotiations between the NHL and the players have delayed the start of training camp and has forced the cancellation of several games. In an effort to stay in touch and keep you up to date on all aspects of the coming season, I am reaching out with information pertaining to your Full Season Ticket account options for cancelled games.

Building off of an incredible run to the Stanley Cup Final, and seeing how the Devils Army has grown from your passionate and unwavering support, we are dedicated to do everything we can to ensure that you know how important you as a fan base are to this organization. Together, we are confident that we will be able to pick up where we left off, once the play on ice resumes.

TICKET OPTIONS FOR FULL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

OPTION A: Keep Money On Account And Receive Interest

Season Ticket Holders will receive a credit for any cancelled games along with 2% interest through the season or until play resumes. You may use the accumulated balance toward the purchase of individual tickets, Playoff tickets or towards your 2013-14 Season Ticket renewal. To exercise this option, you won't need to take any action as we will automatically deposit the ticket value associated with any cancelled games and interest, into your account on a monthly basis. Interest will accumulate beginning October 1, for games cancelled in September.

OPTION B: Request A Refund For Cancelled Games

Should you wish to receive a refund for cancelled games, please reach out to our Fan Experience Team and they will provide a "Refund Request Form." Once submitted, refunds will be issued 30 days following the last day of the month, for cancelled games during that month. Refunds will be made to your credit card on file or via check, based on the same method you chose to pay for your tickets. So long as you are paid in full, refunds will begin October 31st.

If you are still making payments to your account, via one of our convenient payment plans, those charges will continue. This is done to keep your account current and allow us to send your tickets immediately upon the start of the season. Once you have paid for more than the number of games remaining in the season, you may of course ask for a Refund Request Form so that you may select this refund option.

For all questions regarding these options or any other needs you may have, please reach out to the Fan Experience Team at 855-DEV-ARMY or devilsarmy@newjerseydevils.com.

We will continue to communicate as quickly and as effectively as we can in the coming weeks. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and understanding while we all look forward to enjoying hockey together at The Rock very soon!

Best regards,

Eric Kussin

Eric Kussin
Vice President, Sales and Service
New Jersey Devils

Old
09-20-2012, 12:14 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
They're definitely getting a lot of refund requests now...lame.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:16 PM
aero8279

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
They're definitely getting a lot of refund requests now...lame.
Yeah I might be one of them. 2% on $1500 is probably like $10 after a full year has passed. While I wasn't expecting much I did think they would do a little more to entice you to have them keep your money.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:16 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

I'm already paid in full. No point in requesting a refund.

They're refunding you the full ticket price, plus 2%. I didn't expect anything more from them and I'm not risking my tenure rewards by requesting a full refund. The money sits there, I'm not going to stop going to games when the league resumes.

Out of sight, out of mind. Now I won't have to come up with the money down the road.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:26 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero8279 View Post
Yeah I might be one of them. 2% on $1500 is probably like $10 after a full year has passed. While I wasn't expecting much I did think they would do a little more to entice you to have them keep your money.
Dude it's $30! You can now afford to park in maybe one of the lots so you can walk all the way to the box office to find they raised prices again and you can't afford them then you have to go home!

Old
09-20-2012, 12:32 PM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

We will probably request a refund for games not played. Our situation is a bit different, since we're splitting tickets and $ changing hands between us is a bit more complicated since my partner is old and not tech-savvy. Figuring out how much of a credit each person will get a year from now would be complicated. It will just be easier for us to split the refund $.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:38 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
They don't even give you a full refund right off anyway, just month by month.

Doesn't say anything about risking tenure or the rewards. Either way, I'm not going to bother on the refund but I don't think they really did enough here.

2% for half a season in the $22 section is basically $20 worth of interest lol.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:42 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
They don't even give you a full refund right off anyway, just month by month.

Doesn't say anything about risking tenure or the rewards. Either way, I'm not going to bother on the refund but I don't think they really did enough here.

2% for half a season in the $22 section is basically $20 worth of interest lol.
It doesn't, but I'm not taking a chance with them!

Old
09-20-2012, 12:47 PM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Why would requesting a refund risk tenure or rewards? It's not like you're canceling your season tickets...

Old
09-20-2012, 12:49 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
Why would requesting a refund risk tenure or rewards? It's not like you're canceling your season tickets...
Like I said, you never know with this team.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Devils Dominion
7% chance miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I'm already paid in full. No point in requesting a refund.

They're refunding you the full ticket price, plus 2%. I didn't expect anything more from them and I'm not risking my tenure rewards by requesting a full refund. The money sits there, I'm not going to stop going to games when the league resumes.

Out of sight, out of mind. Now I won't have to come up with the money down the road.
It's exactly what I'm thinking and doing.

I'll get credit for the unplayed games plus the 2%, that will pay for hopeful playoff tickets in 2013.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:52 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Also, the risks of losing rewards is a little play because that's what the Panthers are doing if you request a refund.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:52 PM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Like I said, you never know with this team.
that kind of **** would piss me off to the point that I'd cancel season tickets. Honestly.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:53 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
that kind of **** would piss me off to the point that I'd cancel season tickets. Honestly.
Oh absolutely! See my post above yours.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:54 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
It's exactly what I'm thinking and doing.

I'll get credit for the unplayed games plus the 2%, that will pay for hopeful playoff tickets in 2013.
Right. It's not just 2%. It's 2% on top of the cost of the unused (canceled) games.

Closed Thread